New D&D item

My DM just gave me a mat with special abilities.

How can I abuse it?

The Mobility Mat
>Shoots you forward if you walk on it
>Shoots you up if you jump on it
>Can be covered and used as a trap
limit: 400 lbs

Bouncing: 400lbs - weight of object x 0.2
Speed: 400 lbs -weight of object x 0.3

pic related, that's what it looks like

self-bump

How far does this thing shoot you forward? And how high does it shoot you up?

Roll a cart full of explosives over it at a boss?
Bowling Dwarf Special?
Set up a inter-city transit system?
Super Dragon Kart Deluxe?
Cheap and Fast Parcel Delivery Company?
Elevator?

That's all I got.

Look at the calculations beneath the limit

First thing that springs to mind is to put some sort of axelled wheel on it that would spin forever

Speed in kph? Height in meters?

>speed: 400 lbs -weight of object x 0.3
so what, a 1 lb object will have a speed of 119.7 lbs?

what unit of measurement does the speed have?

Roll it into a tube
put rocks in it

it's all feet

No set distance, varies on weight in calculations

If the may could be picked up, you could essentially turn it upside down and hold it above a cart wheel and essentially use it as an engine

Yes.

Unit is feet per second

It can be picked up, yes.

Came here to post this. Nigga he just fucking gwke you a portable rail gun, don't fuck this up.

Order of operations, dummy. Multiplication before subtraction.
1 lb object would have speed of 399.7 lbs.

I doesn't seem like very rational formulation of measurement, but neither does anything else in the imperial unit system.

Only problem is, weight limit is 400lbs, giving a maximum speed of 120 fps (about 81 mph) anything with enough mass to do any real damage will be even slower, may as well use a bow

This can be a full automatic weapon though. Funnel crossbow bolts in it and it is a machinegun.
Poisoned needles even.

I wonder if you could use it as some sort of shield to deflect attacks?

Good point! You could also put some stirrups on it and use it to climb walls

>Speed: (400 lbs -weight of object) x 0.3
So if OP were to step on it, he would get decelerated?

why would he use the metric system when he asked about it in imperial?

We get it, you are European. You have shitty currency, shitty people, and shitty measuring systems.

Or a kick ass self propelled skateboard, assuming the dude riding it and the weight of the object combined is 200lb, you could travel 30mph on this bad boy

Oh no 10mph...

Why could speed and height be in lbs?

see

it would be in feet per second, and feet.

I see Europeans also lack reading comprehension, probably all the "culture".

Or 231 mph? I need some sleep

this math is all over the place.

I recon 400 - (200x0.3) = 400 - 60 = 340 fps = ~232 mph ?

Sorry I haven't slept in a long while and I saw this thread and it sparked my interest. Sorry to derail. This object you have is pretty precious. Be careful not to drop it because it may land and shoot off into oblivion

Basically

Just remember: the equations are for the speedforce, and it's in feet per second

Why is abusing it the first thing you want to do

the kinetic energy scaling is designed to keep you from using it as a gun, but that just means you can use it as a hand-cannon. A one-pound ball will leave it at around 2500 foot-pounds of force, around 2.5x the top estimate for Rocky Marciano (so argued as a max-STR fighter's focused single blow) or 25x a karate master's flurry (so argued as 5x a mid-level monk's unarmed damage).

it would also be around equivalent to the concussive force, but not the shockwave or cavitational damage, of an AK-47 round, the equivalent of taking such a shot head-on on thick enough ceramic armor that it doesn't penetrate.

that said, you can maximize kinetic energy by launching 399-lb projectiles; 399# at 280fps is equivalent to a very obese man who couldn't buckle his seat belt launching out of a car crash at 190mph. i personally suggest that you bait enemies into charges and then splat them on walls, bullfighter-style.

what happens if you wear it as armor?

on a similar note, how fun would putting this on a large shield and shield bashing people be?

>i personally suggest that you bait enemies into charges and then splat them on walls, bullfighter-style.

/thread