Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1684: "It was like that when I got here" Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Any claimed jumps that got you hyped /jc/ ?

Jumpers! When was the last time you were blamed for something that wasn't remotely your fault? Drawbacks don't count!

Damn near everything val has on track right now is something I'm hype for.

Has anyone claimed Mortal Kombat or Tekken?

I don't have perks for nor do I give therapy.

For one, I don't care what the end result is, only what she tried to do. For two, I don't think this woman should be allowed to raise a child at all.

What are some of the must have training perks in-chain currently?

Satan pinned a lot of shit on me in BROFORCE!
Granted, only UN-AMERICAN people believed him, and we kicked his ass in return.

Trained by Yet to Come from Haruhi and Practice Makes Perfect from Secret of Evermore. Everything else is just to make your gains from these more noticeable.

You mean you can actually keep track of what she is working on? What is this sorcery!?

Speaking of which.

Val, how goes Drakengard and Extella? You've stopped talking about those ever since the DemonIrae thing.

If all goes well, you'll have something tonight.

Perks are done and items half done for Witchblade, getting close

Me and Bee are working on Tekken, dunno about Mortal Kombat.

nyohoho

Not all of it! but witchblade, katanagatari,irae demonbane and grand order all seem really hype.

The Naruto update has made me spend time rereading old fanfics to find one that I liked. Its hard narrowing down which one I want to jump since I hate canon so much.

I think I might jump The Void fanfic since its the best Assassins Creed crossover ever, without actually being an Assassins Creed crossover.

Pandora Hearts. There's probably one or two others that are claimed but forgot about. Anyone got like a list of all claimed jumps?

Drakengard, as always, lags behind since it's just an update. I did get a bunch of work done on 1 a little while ago but it's still far from being done. Might see about doing some more work on it when i next go into class since those get so boring. Extella is actually somewhat closer to being started, since I've been getting lots of work done on Extra lately. Think I'll change my idea for Extella to become a bit more like how Grand Order is being handled instead of a pure scenario jump.

And now tekken! Val strikes again!

>Pandora Hearts
That reminds me, was Ricrod serious about giving up on it?

>Tekken
I love you Val.

What fun or weird house rules do you guys use in your chains?

Protectors of the Plot Continuum had my Jumper pinned down in a universe with a Mary Sue Doctor Who. Things got rough when the Doctor was manipulating all of history willy nilly to make it seem like I was litterally in the back ground of every evil act to happen in recorded history. It was literally the first time I'd fought an enemy as 'Just as Planned' as Aizen is hyped to be and I didn't have any protections aganst stuff like that, though I did have Time Travel safeites thank god..

I wouldn't mind claiming Mortal Kombat 9&10, if nobody has any objections to that.

>Ricrod
>serious

Howdy YJ_user! How are you? Anything new with Fables and Generic Kaiju?

The more martial arts jumps there are the happier I am.

>Tekken
>Mortal Kombat
Good, goooooood...

Yes; I've finished both Werewolves of the Heartland and 1001 Nights of Snowfall for Fables, and I've also finished the drawbacks for it, so long as something more interesting idea wise doesn't come up in the rest of the material I have to go through.

For Generic Kaiju, I've got to say I haven't made much progress beyond my list of ideas. I want to focus my efforts on Fables and on making that Jump for now before I really dive into Generic Kaiju. That being said, I think it's one of those things that once I really get started on it and hit my stride, that it will come quickly.

I'm doing good, user, thanks for asking.

Is that tonight in normal time or tonight in upside-down time?

Tonight as in 3-4 hours more. Probably. If my speed keeps going. Only got the intro, location, drawbacks, companion stuff and 6 items left. So really not that much stuff.

The Tau jump and other Warhammer jumps and whatever strike chan is working on next

Been trying out a new thing, to force myself to actually write about my chain.
>1 word = 1 CP
>Start with 0 CP
>No discounts/stipends
>Always drop-in
>The ride never ends
To be honest, it barely resembles a regular chain anymore.

Here again with another Kobayashi update, although there are a bit fewer changes in this one. Items should be done soon however, so that's something to look forward to.

Yeah.

...yeah

How much power do you get from being a Dragon?

That's a shame. I guess I might take a shot at trying then? It's a pretty cool series.

Go for it. Just remember to make an scenario for the Tragedy of Sablier and restoring the Abyss to it's former glory.

My jumper always begins his jump on his birthday party if he picks an origin, when he is drop in he just appears with a small cupcake with a small candle. He chooses his jumps by choosing one of the many presents that are set in a table after the ten years are over and opening it. The whole chain is basically one big birthday party.
Did all the suffering break you?

Does the great emerald's power allow you to feel?

Okay, cool. Not claiming it since I've never done anything before but I hope I can make something cool.

>Did all the suffering break you?

I'm a lawyer, nothing can break me.
Because I'm broken already (god, this sounds chunni as fuck)

Go for it, user. You have my full support.

>Pic
Das a good butt right there.

How do you write without knowing what options you'll choose?

Changelog?

It's in the notes.

I'm willing to help with a Pandora Hearts jump. I need to break from making Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy anyway.

So there was apparently talk about me doing a Super jump, something I had honestly forgotten about because my jump productivity has been about the same as a dead gopher caught between a keyboard and a car-sized block of solidified caramel.

While I am interested in doing a Dragon Ball Super jump, I'm a little nervous in the prospect just because...well. It seems to be getting progressively dumber? Like, even by Dragon Ball standards?

I mean, I'll do it, but I have no idea if I want to even start if it's still in progress.

Also I have no idea what to work on right now.

Well I just have to ask it now.

Jumpers, how good of an ass do you have?

...You never offered me help before

Honestly I suggest delaying the Jump if one gets made until the series ends. Massive curveballs keep getting thrown each arc and doing a Jump for it now wouldn't be right if there's still like six arcs after this one.

Eh we can afford to wait years after more arcs are done, I mean besides the movie re-retellings there's only like, 2 arcs done, one in progress, and probably many more down the pipeline

I've always said that GT is good ideas done badly while Super is bad ideas done decently, but it seems like 'decent' might be an exaggeration by the end.

It seemed like you had everything in hand.

>Also I have no idea what to work on right now.
ZHP

>Also I have no idea what to work on right now.
Real potato war jump or GT

>panhandler.
What kind of nick name is this? Are you still calling me a perv or am I being called a Alaskan, Idahoan, Nebraskan, Texan, Oklahoman, West Virginian or Floridan?

Write a DLC for Gaim about playing Soccer.

Must take all harem perks, but must also take all stalker / yandere drawbacks.

>GT
>Machine Mutants can absorb both tech AND possess people to steal their bodies.
That race choice would be pretty good.

You could do Xenoverse?

Jumpers have to get an opportunity to waifu Towa and/or the Supreme Kai of Time somehow.

This

I will make another jump after finishing Baka to Test.
Just to get my revenge on you!

This

>universe with a Mary Sue Doctor Who.
So... Canon?

We don't compete in that arena, user. SpyroAnon long ago got the PHATist A$$ around and it was so PHAT that the Keijo Jump had to be halted and put on ice forever just so he wouldn't create a Weapon of Jumpchain Destruction by weaponizing that PHAT A$$. #TrueStoriesToldInJumpchainGeneral

Annette is making Ar Nosurge and thats pretty much the only thing I'm completely hyped for.

Another anticipated jump would be the Smile World the Nika is making.

Eeeeh...yeah, you're probably right. I have no idea if I'll suddenly drop off the face of the Earth or not so I don't know if I want to take the burden of things snowballing (again) down the line. Also, someone has just poked me about being interested in doing this, so I'll let them handle it. No prizes for guessing who. I had no idea that paradropping kangaroos was possible.

On the other hand!
I can totally and am willing to do Xenoverse.
Maybe GT? Potato War never. Unless you -really- want to suffer through OC metafiction I penned. And even then I thing it's an awful idea.
Do not call my bluffs, user.

Suffering only makes people stronger

Why does Val have such shit taste?

ohohoho

What makes the harem and yandere challenge even more fun is if you can't remember taking them. You just keep attracting women and crazy stalkers. With enough time and power you might even start attracting crazy goddesses that want the D.

Hey jumpers.

What's the random bits of trivia you've never gotten to share in the general?

Stuff that's too specific for any other question on here. I know you all are just dying to say them.

>I can totally and am willing to do Xenoverse.

I hope that pic related will be available, otherwise I'm going to be massively dissapointed.

I mean, unless someone's planning on making TFS Xenoverse an entirely different jump.

>Maybe GT? Potato War never. Unless you -really- want to suffer through OC metafiction I penned. And even then I thing it's an awful idea.

Alright, I'll bite, now I actually want that.

Nobody ever asks me about parasitic wasps.

Nah The Doctor is a Canon-Sue and thus admissible to the Word Worlds because it doesn't disestablish the entire World he was in. The Mary Sue was the Zeroth Doctor who was on her last Regeneration, had all the memories of the previous Doctors, had discovered a way to eat possible timelines to get a freebie Regeneration every three hours, and was from a Crossover world that bled into the The Ben Chatham Adventures, because she ate that Doctor and gained some of that timelines traits.

Have you played Xenoverse 2?

Did you know Symphogear and Wild Arms are written by the same person

I just notice that Grail-Kun is just trying to train people in [Hardship Guard] Cultivation, which is astoundingly kind of him as it's pretty potent as far as Mo Skills go.

Also World of Cultivation is one hell of a ride. I'm only three-hundred chapters in and I can't get off the hype train. Also cliffhangers are a right bitch.

>I hope that pic related will be available, otherwise I'm going to be massively dissapointed.

Probably. Thank you TFS for that wonderful bit of fan-fiction.

>Alright, I'll bite, now I actually want that.
No. No you don't. If there is actual thread demand for this, I will eat my own arm.
No, but I have watched a complete LP of it and other such things.

Do a Casper the Friendly Ghost jump, or a Wizard of Oz jump.

Seriously, I have no idea how we still don't have either of those.

What do you know about parasitic wasps, user?

>Do not call my bluffs, user.
Consider it called Cat Wizard! I want my Golden Fruit Cup dang it, if only so I can have a cup full of Helheim fruit juice that's good for my soul!

I actually did math for ship scaling via in-jump workforce labor and different ship multiplier options. Prodigious use of guesstimates were involved, but I got a bunch of references after consulting South Korean census data, work time on a container ship of similar size and factored in how much time my workforce would be putting in after I factored in different shifts, breaks, vacations and complications in the allotted time we had to work on it.

It's this weird thing that's stupid, but I'm oddly proud of, and I don't know how to share anything with you guys.

Are there any other perks like Border of Life? It just seems too good to pass up but I really want Pandemonium or Scarlet Destiny.

I guess.

Only related to the Surge Concerto series, that is consisting of Ciel Nosurge and Ar Nosurge.

Apparently the Player 2 had an 'official' name in the Light Novels and goes by the name of 'Bot' in that novel.

We also get an explanation as to why he didn't reconnect when Prim was dying, thanks to some Ar Nosurge related stream. That being his mom came in and disconnected his PS3.

Yes, that really happened.

Here's the fucker that is literally the reason the main heroine was kidnapped in the first place since he hacked and hijacked her little robot, while also using it to kill her.

Fuck this guy.

>Maybe GT
Buddy boy pally pal friend if you do go through with that, you better add an option for being one of the Shadow Dragons. Otherwise I'll be very dissapointed and post sad lolis at you.

Everything.

If you do please provide perk for SSJ 4, SSJ 4 is a best.

Uh, Everything Ends or whatever it's called from Sidereals? It's not quite the same, but it's likely the closest you'll get.

I write about the civ my jumper founded in the style of a history textbook and ended up covering some incredibly stupid and autistic subjects in the process.

The longest one I have is about ten pages and details the biology of the biomechanical super soldier we use.

So, GT basically has four races and four origins:

>Machine Mutants, who can absorb all tech into themselves and include Baby who can possess people and steal their powers.

>Super Androids, who don't do anything interesting.

>Shadow Dragons, who get tons of unique elemental ki powers.

>Saiyans, who get new monkey-based transformations

gyuuuh. It's too had to resist. Too excited.

Gonna do Dragon Ball Super too~. And keep it updated for future things as well.

Witchblade is almost done. Just drawbacks left. Have a cute Masane.

You forgot:
>Humans, who are very effective as background fodder
and
>Yamcha, is dead.

Know any jumps to get good ones? i feel like doing a skitter cosplay.

No, but seriously. Infinite Stratos, Aldnoah Zero, Weakness of Beatrice, Witchblade Anime, Tyranids, Fate /GO, so on and so forth... It's like a never-ending river of low-quality IPs. Now put your trip back on.

Fallout is great for it.

Pft. I'd dispute Beatrice as being low quality but I do agree about the others. There's a certain charm to the trashy nature of some things.

Okay, but the question is, will we be able to start in Universe 6? Get Super Saiyan Berserker? Learn to do Goku's copy of the God of Destruction's Destruction ability he managed in the manga? Get Trunks' super laser sword? Get a cute angel companion? Shout NINGEN? Go Gold? Be a furry

GLORY TO BELKA

user, if you were making jumps would you prioritize jumps of popular settings you like that might get jumps anyway or obscure ones you like that probably wouldn't get jumps unless you make them?

Also, have a stupid magical girl transformation that makes you fat? Get that weird 'be in multiple places at once' move they just showed off? Get Hit's abilities?

I mean seriously, the two tourney arcs are shit story wise but show a bunch of weird esoteric crap people are gonna want.

>Shout NINGEN?
>He doesn't already do this
Though if there was a perk for NINGEN shouting, that would also be great.

>And keep it updated for future things as well.
That's... quite ambitious of you to say you'll be here for so long. I mean, I'd love if it were true, but. We'll see.

Witchblade HYPE!!!!!