I pay two mana and counter your spell

I pay two mana and counter your spell

Stop playing weenies

I counter your counter with thicc loli

>playing important spells into a counter

"It was probably a lousy spell in the first place" is right.

How can you even predict something like Force of Will?

>every deck has black utility spells

bump

Experience, really. You can pick out quite a lot by what a deck usually does and how they're playing it out. Formats with Force of Will generally give you a ton of little decisions which can tell you a lot even in only a couple of turns.

I pay 0 will and cancel your counter

hope you got that green light mate

Doesn't this really just protect your own counters.

probably good against combo decks

WHERE ARE THE VIDEO GAMES

Spells in force of will are basically everything you play from hand, including monsters, so it's a "no fuck you" to anything really, specially during the opponent's turn where it's sure he's going to use more than two cards.

wow so exactly like in MtG

Where have I seen this card design before?

Before it got regulated in every format, you could just run Gitaxian Probe.

read the card again bro

you always play around potential counterspells
but sure FoW is good because it's a "free" counter that you can't cancel with just spare mana

Spells are everything in your hand/on the stack in MtG

People often forget this which is why retards who don't know the rules think you can't O-ring Emrakul.

Yeah, it's pretty much a MtG clone but with the mana system being an improvement of HS

Mindbreak Trap is really just there for Storm, the FoW equivalent hits pretty much every strategy in the game.

>not having a manabase consisting solely of dual lands, fetches, and any color lands, with maybe 1-2 basics of each type only
>not siding and maining various OP 1CC utility spells

Look at this neowalker. Look at him and laugh.

Enjoy getting hosed by Blood Moon

Damn, thread was moved from /v/.

MtG should come back to stack heavy interactions and away from this basic "I tap my guy" that is Standard.
Legacy counterspell wars but with spell copies and crazy rules up the ass.

I tap my bird of paradise and use the mana to counter your counter.

Gitaxian Probe.

Although if they have to Force you they're putting themselves at a card disadvantage.

> stack heavy interactions
The problem is that would force everybody to play blue because WotC has decided that it's the only color (with some rare exception) that can interact with the stack.

>Gitaxian Probe is now restricted in Vintage

what the fuck

What's surprising about that? Shit can be put on every deck and has amazing utility for the price

They could change that in many ways but they won't ever do it because the game would be too hard for a new player to grasp.
Pandering to kiddos but refusing to develop a competent online version of the game, where the real casual market lies. Geniuses.

+lifelace.
...it could work right guyz?

How can I improve my casual elf deck lads?

gaea's cradle

Buddy of mine plays Blind Seer in commander.
The deck also runs Dowse.
Man, that's a pain and a half to get through.

Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Collected Company, Chord of Calling, Devoted Druid, Vizier of Remedies, Shaman of the Pack, Cavern of Souls,

Gimme 200 bucks

>casual
>Cavern of Souls
I bet nobody even runs counterspells, or if they do, they don't know how to use them to efficiently neuter elves.

IM FEELIN IT

I'm just listing cards he should run.

Natural Order
Glimpse of Nature
Green Sun's Zenith

I concede and go play an actual fun game like YGO.

I never played legacy, but i played enough draft that sometimes you can just feel that open mana is for a counter.
It's so satisfying when you baited it out with a shitty creature first.

>Natural Order
Doesn't seem that efficient to pay 4 mana to fetch a 3 mana lord or something

It isn't, which is why you fetch progenitus.

I summon Pot Of Greed.

Craterhoof Behemoth also seems like a solid choice

Counters are best used with cheap, instant-speed removal, like Swords to Plowshares