Quick! give me the spookiest character concept you can think of!

quick! give me the spookiest character concept you can think of!

an apple

Guy is actually a skeleton wearing a suit of flesh and muscle like power armor

But the skeleton is also a power armor for a smaller skeleton.

How can you be spooked if you already expect a spook?

Inside the smaller skeleton is an egg sac full of tiny spiders.

A little girl has a 10 mile radius of Nero magic she's born with, killing people and raising back up skeletons.

She's raised by skeletons, who are innately friendly to her and help her to survive.

Meanwhile the land watches as a radius of death slowly moves across the country, trying to figure out how to stop it.

post your idea in another thread. i might see it when browsing

unrelated posts kinda feel wrong.

anyway, i had in mind a god incarnated at mortal form in order to cure a taint in him an eldritch abomination has afflicted it with in order for it to go mad and turn the world and anything in it to something horrible.

the character doesn't remember he is a god, but the stronger he gets the more apparent the madness is. (IC the character is confused by its actions, but ofc ooc the player decides those actions.)

would that work?

Ghost skeleton tax collector

I like this, to be honest, doubt I'd ever get the chance to implement it, though.

Paladin.

Some suicidal idiot went back in time to prevent themselves from having existed. Turns out that this smears one across existence in a never ending half-life.

That's it, I am spooked for life

A spirit able to see your browser history and speaking to you with the voice of your disappointed mother

Helpful and kind NPC THAT DOESN'T KNOW HE'S A GHOST

A human sized ghost made out of smaller ghosts.
They want to be an astronaut.

>the girls name is Doom
>mass migration of peasants arrives at the hamlet, claiming skeletons running around proclaiming "Doom is coming!"

That animation always makes me feel so sad.

Why do you have to end such a cute vid on a downer, man.

>Nero Magic
The Roman Emperor?

Character is a skeleton, but the player doesn't know due to glamour magic
The GM could tell the other players but not them, and they aren't sure why NPCs freak out when they take off their hood/helmet

Necro, I assume.

Obviously. I just though the idea of Nero Magic to be funny

My current character stole an artifact necklace from a tomb that was 'cursed' (mechanically cursed, the lads who made the thing wanted it to do what it does), and now everything but his eyes, skeleton and nervous system are invisible. It also means his presence is particularly noticeable to undead, drawing all kinds of aggro from them as a result (the guys who made it would've used this as a way to improve their ability to command them and prevent enemies from rebuking or turning their minions, but our hero isn't a necromancer).

As you can expect he also draws a lot of attention from living people. He's not too happy about that, either.

A skeleton

Dig up ancient history on the other players and the GM that you have no right to know, and carefully embed them into your character.

Give him characteristics of someone who died in another player's youth - not someone too close to them, but say, an old friend that passed young.

Deny everything.

he was phone

Done.

SPIDER MADE OF SKELETONS

Human fighter with a shield, longsword and a longbow.

Skeleton spiders

Yes. Every skeleton raised believes itself to be Nero.

A completely normal character, but the player and the DM exchange knowing looks at random intervals and occasionally chuckle to themselves.

Rag Man - is a wretched man clothed in filthy heaps of rags, the stench of which wefts out of Waterdeeps back alleys from time to time to trigger gag reflexes of passersby. A carrier of many fine diseases he slinks from shadow to shadow finding new and innovative ways to spread his sickness to the world. Driven by hatred of all that lives free from the ravages of sickness, this wheezing tattered figure, covered with oozing pustules casts a withering grin when he witnesses his future converts being "inoculated" with his illnesses,

this is a character I cast in a D&D campaign about 10 years ago, and works perfect in 3rd edition with the BoVD class "cancer mage" he could also spread illness for his patron deity Talona

The Rag Man represents a significant threat to a party with no short term solution to disease because he can carry many diseases at the same time and expose everyone to all of them using subversive tactics like popping his pocks in peoples drinks when they're not looking or fouling the well with his excrement. where the Rag Man goes plague of unimaginable suffering follows. For additional shivers, use this NPC to expose a character to the very real NTD dracunculiasis and watch the players cringe as you describe whats happening.

child NPC, randomly knows druidic. Nobody knows how. Is an orphan, was left with a letter stating the father would return to claim the child on the 6th minute of the 6th hour of the sixth day of the sixth month of the child's sixth year.

Child is lawful good.

Lewd.
Bet she's seen her fair share of boners.

3 short skeletons in an overcoat.

Well-Stirner'd, my property.

a tapir in a suit, with a case, walking on 2 leg, probably working in HR or as mid management.
Has a wife and 3 kids.

The character is a ghost possessing a skeleton that is actually controlled by a black cat's doppelganger

a dual great sword wielding half demon whose mother was raped by one one the demon gods and now wants to erase demons from existence

Skeleton made of Spiders

Guy wishes for immortality instead of eternal youth, so he's stuck inhabiting a body that still withers and rots until he's just a living pile of dust.

A guy creates a cult dedicated to an eldritch entity, and he does a lot of depraved shit to appease it and its hunger, slowly losing himself in the process. Eventually he becomes the entity, and, looking back at his lost humanity, travels back in time to contact himself in the past in the hopes of regaining it. But instead he accidentally corrupts his human self, who worships him like a god, and ends up creating his own undoing thanks to magic time paradox fuckery.

A ghost that posseses a part of someones body but not the whole.

Owl man.

Can they be ghost spiders? Ghost spiders made of skeletons that are made of ghost spiders composed of skeletons?

We had a jester party member who actually was a skeleton that our cleric and sorcerer crafted a magical fake flesh suit for. The scariest thing about him though was for some reason the DM gave him a 120ft move speed.

A haunted skeleton

Jokes on you, I've never heard my mother's disappointed voice.

just her yelling when upset

A tiefling warlock who pledged herself to the ghost of Adam Smith.

She's the producer of a survival show starring the survivalist wizard B'aer Grails.

a doctor that secretly lacks all of his bones, so he takes other people's bones while performing surgery on them

Legion from Castlevania.

Two skeletons