Why no one recruits Catachans to become space marines?

Why no one recruits Catachans to become space marines?

Because they are their planets only tithe to the Administratum.

Make a cachan chapter and post results!

Because then you might as well retire all other chapters

Oh and start recruiting imperial fists from Krieg

Directions unclear, made a Chechen chapter instead.

Salamanders with reggae hats?

Because then we wouldn't have Catachan Imperial Guard regiments. Space marine worlds don't have a tithe meaning no Imperial Guard regiment, and beyond that the Imperium has no shortage of death worlds.

Blood Angels already recruit from an irradiated hellhole

The quantity of high quality guardsman it produces is preferred to limiting it to just producing 1000 marines. And due to the devolution of powers in the Imperium's Military after the HH a planet cannot produce both a Guard regiment and a Space Marine Chapter.

Yeah, but wouldn't kriegers be great for fortification?

They'd be even more autistic than Dorn himself.

You see you say that - but in siege warfare some types of autistic is actually good, as they find enemy weaknesses better

Could theoretically metahumans become Space Marines?

but spess marines are the metahumans

Not inherently. Space Marines are recruited when they are like 8, an year old isn't going to be an architect on any world and certainly not in an irradiated hellhole where they focus primarily on indoctrination. The main thing that makes Kriegers any good isn't actual skill it is simple grit and loyalty, stuff that space marines already indoctrinate their young recruits to have.

I honestly cannot think of a regiment whose homeworld would make a particularly good recruiting ground for marines outside of death worlds like catachan. Maybe Cadia due to natural selection (in war) killing off the weak before they have the chance to reproduce combined with shooting a lasgun before they can walk. Even my favourite regiment the Vostroyans aren't particularly good marine stock, they simply have discipline, grit, and a sense of duty which is already universally true of marines.

Honestly though I doubt homeworld matters much, after like age 8 kids are raised in the fortress monastery anyway and the Ultramarines recruit from civilized worlds with no real inferiority of candidates.

If anything a civilized world might be better for recruiting astartes.
>At birth all males are tested to see if they are compatible to become astartes
>X% of compatible boys are raised from birth to be astartes
>Before they can walk they learn to shoot a lasgun
>Instead of playing with blocks they learn to strip and clean a bolter
>Instead of playing baseball as kids they fight in dueling pits
>Future chapter serfs are likewise indoctrinated into the chapter pretty much from birth

Aren't they all technicly mutants and thus exterminated by inquisition?

But answer is probably yes, as I am pretty sure Fabius Bile could make something

Wolverine could shit on every marine.

Why limits it to one chapter. All chapters should recruit from Catachan.

Well yes, but I meant "natural" metahumans.

Except Mephiston, or most Librarians.

Under conventional means? Doubtful, not even all pure non-mutated human boys can become astartes, mutants seem even less likely. With Bile however you probably could but the mortality rate would be like 99.99%.

Living and growing up on Catachan is what makes them tough.
Space Marines are taken as children.

Space Marines are pedophiles.

Catachan sergeants go 1 for 1 with space marines in the jungle.

I'd probably put it down to jungle expertise actually considering if the jungle is dense enough power armour does become a problem.

Damn it, why did I get the mental image of a Jamaican patty.
Damn it now I'm hungry.
Salamanders probably burn their food right?

Well, they are based on monks

>Aren't they all technicly mutants and thus exterminated by inquisition?

Only if they're not useful to the Inquisition.

Navigators are mutants, yet they're still around. :P

Because Catachan isn't a Space marine Recruiting World?

>burn
Hold your tongue you fucking philistine. Smoked and/or jerk doesn't immediately imply burnt. Salamanders are probably the masters of the slow grilling process.

*iron warriors

cause a catachan space marine would be OP

Pretty sure Catachans aren't badass enough to become Space Marines.

Sure, Catachans are badass, but they have hightech stuff that allows them to survive.

Space Marines like to recruit from stone-age death worlds, where people try to survive against horrid jungle beasts with sticks and stones.

For Space Marines you gotta recruit 'em young. The difference between a Catachan child and any other Death/Feral World kiddie probably won't be that much. Catachans spend a lifetime honing their skills and physical abilities to the peak of what's humanly possible. Space Marines already undergo a similar training process for their superhuman abilities, maybe not to the same degree due to the rarity of recruitment and Death Worlds specifically.

Navigators are abhumans, their genepool is relatively stable and their mutations somewhat predictable. Marvel's mutants are just that, random mutations showing up amongst baseline humans.

because catachans are stronger than space marines

>struggles with Captain America
>would somehow shit on Super Captain America in power armor

Can you imagine what would happen if you turned a space marine into a space marine?

Space wolves aren't

>I know nothing about 40k and can barely speak English
>IMMA MAKE A Veeky Forums THREAD! XD

>making space marines out of space marines
No one at GW would be this fucking stupid. How would it even work lorewise? There's just no way.

So...Ultramar?

Sensiblechuckle.jpg

They aren't quite that Spartan.

The imperium is too big to recruit every worthy man into an astartes chapter.

And make a super easy target for chaos? They blow up catachan they destroy all possible space paring recruits in your scenario.

why not....just have them recruit from more than one planet for each chapter?

>the slow grilling process.
I'm not sure propping 10,000 flamethrowers at a piece of meat is called "slow grilling". I'd call it charring.

>and the Ultramarines recruit from civilized worlds with no real inferiority of candidates
From memory, don't they hold huge gladiatorial games all across Ultramar that are ridiculously hard so only the very best can get the chance to potentially be an Astartes?

They don't recruit from death worlds, but they substitute by very difficult qualifiers.

>God-Emperor_is_a_Serb.holo

I thought they recruited exclusively from the nobility of Ultramar who selectively breed and send their sons to military academies from early childhood.

It's not exclusively nobility, but they have the best chance of getting their kids into the academies.

I remember the gladiator fights being mentioned in the 2e lore, but that's about it. It's possible they hold a kind of "combat Olympics" to pick the recruits for the Chapter.

But books and a lot of ritualized martial training are kind of the Ultramarines' schtick. Kind of like going to West Point and joining a Shaolin Monastery while you're training to be in the SAS all at the same time.

We know psykers can become Space Marines so I don't see why not.

You realize that dozens of recruits die for every created marine? Catachan has nowhere the population for that.

Mutants? No.

Some chapters do that. Most dont because it means interacting even more with mortals which is a anoying as fuck. Also this leads to the Inquisition taking a closer interest because said chapter is in greater danger to deviate from acceptable norms.

Primaris marines bro

Why? Plenty of other planets are just as dangerous as Catachan, they just don't have a model line.

Don't forget this.
Those nameless death worlds where people have to fight raptors with stone clubs everyday provide much better recruits than fucking Catachan where everyone runs around with flamers and lasguns all day just lighting up the jungle and having an easy life.

No. Autistic is always bad. Always. It's like genital warts of a mental kind. It is unhygienic and disgusting.

>Space Marines are recruited when they are like 8.
I always see that written down, but then I also see chapters like the Space Wolves recruiting accomplished warriors on Fenris(before the accident). I imagine those warriors were at youngest teenagers.

How to metahumans scale up against glandies/gland warriors? Are glandies effectively mutants?

Salamanders fry their food. Mostly chicken.

>If anything a civilized world might be better for recruiting astartes.
I always thought that should be the case, if for no other reason than that they'd likely have 100 or more times the population as a death world. Even if comparatively fewer people make the cut, you'd expect them to have more overall marine grade recruits just by dint of population mass and being easier to get to them and pick them up.