>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/11/28/299426_md-Daemonhunters, Henchmen, Inquisition, Meltaguns, Storm Troopers, Warhammer 40,000.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's this pose looking?

Let's give the thread a boost by presenting our progress over the years!

looks pretty sweet, but the hand/khopesh combination on the left looks a little off alignment-wise. can you either move the blade up to be more in line with the pose of the hand or vice versa?

Working on swamp bases for my trolls. Need a few more layers and washes, and then I'll be adding water effects, splash mud, and moss tufts

Had to have a go at a skeleton plague bearer. I think it'll just do the one though as it's way too much work for a lesser daemon. Happy with it though. And I've got 40 plague bearers currently half assembled that I'm going to batch paint...

Looks good.

I'm currently building Primaris from the starter set and I don't want to glue the guns so I can paint all the details in the middle of the model before the gun blocks them. what's a good way to prime and paint the guns so that I'm not holding them with my fingers as I do it? would it be good to just super glue them to skewers or something where paint won't go?

Just superglue them to a stick and prime them.

Does anyone have any pdfs of decal sheets? I'm having the hardest time tracking anything down that is ready made

Is there a third party bit or cheap, convenient way to replicate the old stormtrooper backpacks underneath the blanket roll?

Pic related.

images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/11/28/299426_md-Daemonhunters, Henchmen, Inquisition, Meltaguns, Storm Troopers, Warhammer 40,000.png

Reposting from last WIP... My first FW model. It's a DG Successor Leviathan Dreadnought. CnC much appreciated. Since I took the picture it I made the highlights on the tabbard a little brighter and fixed an orange streak on the back. 1/2

What would you say you'd have told yourself a year ago to get to where you are now?

The bolter and chainsword and bell of lost souls both have a pretty large collection of decal sheets.

2/2
sorry for the sideways, took on phone, too lazy to fix.

Keep painting and practicing but also read painting guides.

Sweet thanks for the input

Is that the Wizard of Oz?

most places that do IG bits do at least one or two different backpacks.

If you want those specifically you could make a mold of the ones you have and cast some more though.

I like the two headed one and the colour scheme of the one on the far left.

Leviathans are the best dread and I'll strongly disagree with anyone who says otherwise.
I like the colour and the weathering is nice, heavy but not overdone.
I don't like the way the spikes, bone or red look at the moment but that looks easy enough to fix.
The whole head setup looks a bit off to me, I'm not opposed to the zombie head but I think it'd have looked nicer if it was actually embedded more naturally rather than just plonked on, same with whatever that thing above his head is.

Recast?

Thanks, I think I need to add some oxide to the spikes like I did for the vents and joints and I think I need to dark the horns a bit more with some more agrax.

Gonna crosspost this here too, because you guys are very knowledgeable.
I picked up a Praetor that I'm gonna convert to a Chaos fella. I'm not too keen on the head. Any ideas on something that would fit it nicely? Bare heads are a plus, especially if they have a lot of lenses and implants.

Thanks, I did 30 of them a while ago, was just posting those for scale and comparison desu. I was planning on expanding into death guard but just didn't enjoy painting them so I'm going full daemons. 40 more to finish assembling and paint woohoo!

thought I would share the progress on my slaanrshi warband of chaos. So far so good I think. Mierce make some cool stuff.

And here's the back view of their skin capes. They just want you to be a part of thier lives...

Awesome looking, love the variation. These are mine that I painted recently Not as cool as yours I think but they were fun and easy to batch. They're going with my DG army which I painted the Leviathan on this thread for too.

Forgot to note, suppose to look like further corrupted version of my poxwalkers like in the fluff hence the more human-esque skin.

Also they're not done.

Not the most flattering photo, but finally done. Probably the most awkward model I've ever had to paint. Needed to be a fucking contortionist.

Honor Guard of my chapter

And a captain for when I proxy Blood Angels

IT'S NEARLY FUCKING DONE WHOA

This fucking iPhone has an awful macro capability.

Loving this one user. Thats a nice 'Fuck you, get burned.' pose.

More captains

Very nice work man.

I never thought I'd see myself shilling a GW product but these are really good for the money and well worth having in your bits box. You get four sprues totalling 340 skulls. Human, orc, genestealer, various daemons (the plaguebearer ones are particularly cool looking); they're all in there.

I've bought my share of third party ones in the past and while they've been good, they've usually been resin and you don't get much for your money. It isn't very often that GW make something thats genuine value for money, so definitely pick up a box of these if you see them.

Two on the left were my first ever minis and the two on the right was after a year of progress.

And this is one of my more recent minis.

Alright, what do we think /wip/

Dat dere boy looks zoggin nice, mefinks.

Nice work. Looks smooth and the eyes and highlights are nicely done. Though the highlights on the black look pretty bland, try out a more black to blue highlights in the future.

Also paint the nipples gold.

Beginning to paint the Warpwalker. What's a good way to achieve that scratchy metal look? Was gonna do a drybrush but I'm afraid it'd look messy

I tried freehanding but wasn't pleased so I used a decal but somehow fucked it up with my microsol. Then I had to scrape it all off and ruin part of a nice paintjob... Repainting it now but it'll never look as good as before.

Beautiful freehand on an already great model. Your progress is inspiring.

Your model looks pretty sweet senpai.

If you want a criticism, the muscle indent on his chainsword arm looks a bit off because you have the dark, washed recess right next to the highlighted ridges, with no medium green in between.

Otherwise I'm lovin it.

Gotcha, Thanks for the input, I would look out for that on boy number 2.

Just finished about half of the tau army I just started and was looking for input. If anyone knows a way of making slightly crisper defined race flames I would be most appreciative

.5 Pounds have been deposited in your account

I already plan on getting it (mostly for the sake of my friend), user.
I just wish there were more bird skulls though. At least 9 would make me a happy man.

Slugga/choppa mekboy.
Hoping to run as many mekboys as I can, mostly for fluff reasons but for also for cheap repairs on my dreadmobs and wagons.

More like Halfguard amiright?

Are you done with the banner?
Because as it is, it looks a bit too crude to me.

The family of deathwatch heads is growing...

The bald head looks like Mr X and the head between the two helmets looks like Leon S Kennedy.

Great looking models!

Shame on everyone that only paint their Nurgle guys green and brown.

Do these circled pieces suppose to replace the bastion heavy bolters? Are there any images of people actually using them?

I'm planning to make a drop bastion for my marines, and the idea of the heavy bolters being secured behind sealed hatches for transport appeals to me.

Trying to brainstorm snakebite Kommandos.
Need suggestions, at a dead end here

I basecoat leadbelcher, shade with agrax earthshade, then paint over it with thinned down runefang steel, that way, the brownish tainted darker silver underneath still shines through slightly, like in pic related.

On the other hand, you can do what did on his blood angel, and make some battle damage by drawing a brown line and then highlighting that line with a brighter color. (so a very bright silver)

Tiger stripes, animal skulls?

Finally done with the Saturnine typhus guys

I know not everyone will like it but I'm pretty happy with it desu

could go for a tribal hunter vibe maybe
Think zulu warriors and the like

only thing i'm not happy with is the assawful photos you keep posting. It looks like it's a nice model and paint job so do it a favor and actually let us see a decent photograph of it for once.

boy i sure wish i knew how

maybe its the fact that its my phone

also idk why my phone thinks "desu" is desu...
i dont even use the word desu

First Praetorian Guard done, came to the realization that somewhat realistic proportions for the face barely show up on the model, probably going to extrude it before printing the next attempt.

As I didn't get any suggestions last thread I asked, any opinions on other parts I really should try and replace? Planning on using Cadian torsos and legs, but I'm still on the fence regarding arms and weapons.

Veeky Forums changes senpai into desu.

Nice work. Maybe try an eye glow effect if you're feeling brave

>printing the next attempt
You printed it? it looks pretty good for a print

nice, that cheek wash worked really well

Went to my local retailer yesterday. This was the one terrain set they were out off. Probably going to get the vines one, though.

Honor cripple

Yea, back in the day the bolters were optional, they were supposed to cover the viewports.

Yeah, using a Flashforge Finder. Pretty good as a budget printer for minis. Only does PLA, but has a good resolution for the price (~$500), and is low-maintenance. Still not good enough to make great faces, though.

And, if I didn't make it clear enough, only the head is printed.

Sternguard

I felt fucking dirty typing that, but its the first time in years I've bought something from GW and didn't feel shortchanged somehow.

(GWIDF no bully)

Just pop that cork down on the table as a chaos spawn.

>tfw hobbyists will now get willingly Skullfucked (tm) by GW

I don't really know what to do with it to make it any less crude. Thoughts?

Awesome sick boys bro

Not the same user, but I'd say the freehand looks very, well, freshly painted on. Maybe if you could use some weathering or desaturate the colours, it might help. Or adding a background of a priming-layer, made not to cover the whole banner, but to look crudely painted on. Either of these should be bothersome but doable without redoing the freehand. entirely

Prepping for the Nurgle September release ... base Coates and washes done.

try a 3:1 mix lahmian medium:fleshtone base to 'knock back' the colours into the base tone

all over glaze I should say, sorry

Which guides helped you the most? What techniques did you change/learn?

>just want to prime some stuff
>only one non humid day this week
end me lads

>Nurgle Heldrake
>It doesn't have plague drone wings
I am disappointed, user

I live in the south, I know that feel. Summer can not end soon enough.

That image doesn't make sense tau don't have dicks.

Is this better?

Also working on the dark vengeance dudes as well

Dynamic posing/10. You need to take care of the seems and mold lines though.

Hand prime. Aerosols are overrated.

Is it better to highlight, then wash, or wash, then highlight?

I'm working on a Scythed Hierodule, my biggest model yet. My Tyranids' scheme has the skin has a dark grey, which I usually do with a layer of Eschin Grey, and then Dawnstone, then wash with Nulin Oil. However, I wanna pick out some more details for the big guy, so I'm gonna do some highlighting with Administratum Grey. Should I do it before the Nulin Oil, or afterwards?

Problem is I have no idea where my old metal stormtroopers went and those are part of the sculpt.

Thought I'd take better pics of this one as well

3 down 2 to go.

I'm happy with how these guys look but I'm also starting to find them wearing the same undercoated armor a bit boring. I figured I would try and sculpt some decal for the sergeants and captains but I am not sure what items Lamenters would put on their armors. I figure it could be just the same thing Blood Angel's wear but heart themed.