Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fatmarine Edition

Also FAQ for Chaoscucks. World Eaters Berserkers are troops, same with Noiselets and Emperor's Children. Oh and Daemon Princes now benefit from legion tactics.

>New Chaos and GK FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1503279100900.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Martellus is sick of your shit

CSM FLAKK missile stratagem, does it do additional 3 MORTAL wounds or replaces the d6?

Post picture

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

I can almost hear the binaric screeching

xth for Tzaangors are best meatshields

>tfw the fun of 2++ Grand Master Dreadknights only lasted a week.

Nice model, is it yours?

How did GW not notice that immediately? First thing that came to mind, stacking invulns for the GMNDK. That and psybolt storm bolters

>Most playtested edition ever!™

there

It is one thing to not catch stupid combos that only the WAACest of WAACest will twist words to get. But literally putting together basic abilities in a small codex is nothing obscure or tricky

Is the dual Soulburner Decimator still gud?

It says you only make 1 hit roll so definitely no d6

Reposting for non dead thread

Showed up super late to Terrain Day but was still super chill. Lots of cool new additions to the store boards.

Looks like replace
>You only make ONE hit role with this weapon THIS PHASE
Swap saveable wounds with mortals

>IG friend opens Index
>who let the commissar and conscript combo pass?

Just the mortal wounds. Weapons that do additional mortal wounds, like snipers, call it out.

Do they hire people that have english as fourth language like me or something?
Who the fuck wrote 8th rules?

Years. Why did you pick worst marines?

FUCK THE BLOOD ANGELS

Axe fight!

FUCK THE BLACK TEMPLARS

FUCK THE SPACE WOLVES

Have any of the FW chapters gotten chapter tactics or do we have to pick from the codex ones?

Probably never or in 2+ years, which might as well be never.

COME AT ME BRO

You'll have you poorly edited index and make it last for 2 years

Does that dread have a sheild?

He is angry because his head is tiny

Swing at me then brah

Yes
Only SW figured out you can make a BIGGER Storm Shield

Thunderhammer Dreads when?

How do you stay motivated to keep working on your models? Every time it gets tedious I jump to another project.

Is the Kytan Ravager any good? It's main cannon looks solid and either 15 (!) S10 AP2/Dd3 or five S20 (!) AP4 D6 attacks are awesome, and it can gib most any titan-thing in Merle, but 501 points ain't cheap.

Anybody use one?

Agreed, fuck the Space Wolves.

Helbrutes have hammers

Wish Night Lords got Raptors as troops, as well as the other legions getting their iconic units as troops too.

CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY SWORD IN YOUR GUT SHITBOOT.

Some one say somfin bout a fight?

Dont do a bunch at once. I have been working on painted my Flayed Hoes for 3 days and I only have one finished. Do it in the early evening when the sun is still up, do it outside if its not that bad, humid, or otherwise yuck. And take pride in your work.

Anyone used Electropriests in the new edition yet? I saw the rules and decided to make a whole bunch to play countercharge and deal with big beasties and Primarchs, but I doubt I'll get any use out of them this week since I'm still on #8/20. Shame, if they were finished building by Wednesday I could try out the new mission and deepstrike a full score of them onto the enemy's face, which would be fun.

I'd like this to happen just to see Iron Warriors stuck with Obliterator troops instead of Havocs.

God dammit that scene would have been so much better if they'd animated his head jerking to the side after the gunshot. The way it ended up we get a huge splatter of blood and then fucking nothing's changed.

11 points for Chaos today at my store.

Faced a GK player. I felt a little dirty about summoning demons for free, but Grandmaster Dreadknights that come back on a 4+ cured me of that.

I won, but he killed an additional 70 power worth of demons before collapsing in front of my lines.

Can someone confirm that a supersonic flyer gets removed as a casualty if its base is overlapping a model? Such a fucking bullshit rule

If there's nowhere to place it, yes.
You should have a massive movement band, though. Is the entire board conscripts or something?

>implying Obliterator troops would be a bad thing

Has one man ever been so wrong?

I like contemptors because they look like really big space marines.

>>You only make ONE hit role with this weapon THIS PHASE

Well that is what you do when you shoot a krak missile, it is probably there so you cant shoot d6 frag that does d3 mortal each.

I have no fkn idea.

Advice on a quick 50 pl Craftworld army?

Asurmen
Farseer
Dire Avengers x 5
Dire Avengers x 5
Dire Avengers x 5
War Walkers x 3
Warlocks x 2
Dark Reapers x 3

Not really sure how these units handle, just picking ones I like the look of. Thinking of swapping the reapers for rangers. Advice would be welcome.

You mean if there's no location it can go it's minimum move without overlapping a model's base? Yes., you can't stand a flyer on top of other models (For a host of good reasons) and a supersonic flyer is destroyed if it doesn't move minimum distance.

Unmovable line of demon hunting Grey Knights holding the line against endless waves of demons.
Sounds like it was a fun game.

wait... isn't that a techmarine? Why wouldn't the techmarine be flying in the first place?

It just makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Why would FUCKING THINGS ON THE GROUND cause a flyer to be destroyed or run off from battle? If anything the flyer should force infantry to pile out so they aren't directly underneath its vents or something.

>That come back on a 4+
Explain. I'm under the impression that a unit still has to exist on the board to revive it and GMNDK's are not Infantry.

No, Blood Raven squads have 1 mechanic each. Their techmarines are more teched out.

It's not just infantry, other flyers, monsters and vehicles would also do it.

Because otherwise it becomes
>Place the model wherever the fuck you want

Can dreadnoughts become daemon princes?

Fluff wise, sure.

Crunch wise it's to stop assbutts like you abusing it

Possibly, but they wouldn't be a dreadnought anymore.

>Dreadnought becomes DP
>Transforms into a Knight
>Knight Daemon Prince ascended to Greater Daemon
>Becomes Imperator class

>Konor mission

Ooohhhh, okay. I didn't know you were playing the mission. I thought he brought it back with an Apothecary.

Mainly for physical playability reasons.

Also because otherwise flyers could hover right above a character and snipe them out.

You could also use them to kill units by shoving them into places they can't go.

Yeah, they're pretty fun. Be careful though, no matter what buffs they've got the fuckers have 1 wound and T3, and as such some spare bolsters can ruin their day.

So run in multiple squads of 7-10 and get to melee ASAP. Preferably hop from combat to combat, and focus on elite stuff- you're better off against measly 4 attacks from a dreadnought than 20 from some marines, cause AP and D mean 0 to you

That thing could be the best unit in the entire CSM range and I'd still avoid it like the plague. Those legs look fucking terrible.

Yeah but it's complete shit.

The fuck is a terrain day?

Convert the legs, dumb dumb.

Anyone have any advice for running Black Templars? I've lost 7 games in a row now, and it seems like I never have enough units to even stand a chance.

Fulgurites are absolute monsters. Pick on a weak unit to smash them to bits with mortal wounds in the charge phase then finish them off to activate a 3++. I've seen them destroy entire units of gaunts on the opponent's turn and march on unscathed. Sucks if your opponent targets them first though as they will drop like flies early on.

Check the mathhammer doc.

Do you run 3 20 man squads?

Post your list dude

GW wants to give Slaanesh and Khorne their own mini daemons and are paying you to help with ideas and design. What will you make them look like?

Please rate/opine on my list. 2149/2150

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [75 PL, 1367pts]

HQ

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 183pts]: Gate of Infinity, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Psycannon
Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 300pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Sanctuary, Warlord

Troops
3 Strike Squads [7 PL, 117pts] each: Hammerhand
3x Grey Knight (Halberd)
Grey Knight (Psycannon)
Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Halberd

Elites
Apothecary [5 PL, 103pts]: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Sanctuary
Paladin Ancient [7 PL, 142pts]: Storm Bolter and Falchion, Vortex of Doom
Paladin Squad [19 PL, 288pts]: Purge Soul
4x Paladin (Halberd)
Paragon: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm Bolter

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [42 PL, 782pts]

HQ
Grey Knight Chaplain [8 PL, 146pts]: Fury of Deimos, Gate of Infinity, Storm bolter

Heavy Support
Land Raider Crusader [16 PL, 293pts]: Hunter-killer Missile, 2x Hurricane Bolter, Twin Assault Cannon
Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 230pts]:Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Vortex of Doom
Purgation Squad [7 PL, 113pts]: Astral Aim
4x Purgator (Psilencer)
Purgator Justicar: Nemesis Force Halberd, Storm bolter

Khorne gets Floating sentient weapons or something like that. Slannesh gets noise marine esque throwaway sonic flamer screaming daemon things.

We've had this discussion
Khorne gets tiny ankle biter skulls
Slaanesh gets a floppy penises that hold you down

What comedy tabs do you enjoy in your screenshot posts?

>Dark Eldar scenes from a hat
>"Something you could say about your raiding party, but not your prisoners!"

>Slaanesh
Daemon Squats cause gonna be squatted
>Khorne
rip and tear biting mini things

>You'll all die tonight!

Mini Khorne: lost soul type dude
Mini Slaanesh: whatever juan diaz would do

>Time to go home

Lord of skulls is a better option now since it costs only 623 with it's best loadout.

i.4cdn.org/tg/1503279100900.jpg

I've tried that exact list, your avengers will die to bolter fire on turn one. Since foot eldar have so many deployments you'll go second and not have any of your psychic buffs. Either find a transport for them or drop your list to 4 or less deployments so you have a reasonable chance of going first.

Also foot dark reapers need to deploy hidden, or they'll be taken out too.

So, question:

Guardsmen or Custodes? After another abysmal game with my Admech, I'm looking for another army to fill the void.

As for Guard, I like the idea of heavily mehanized force that goes straight into the enemy, while being supported by fast moving tanks like Hellhounds or Banewolfs. I also hear a IG book is in the works.

As for Custodes, If I play marines, I want to play marines+++. The Chads who show the chadlets and marinelets whose daddy's REAL favorites are, and can fuck up pretty much anyone in CC while Sisters of Silence ride their Guardian Spears. Plus, I hear that they just got a new phamplet in their box.

Any advice on either? If I go for Chads, I'm thinking about picking up the ToftE box for cheap Transports. Only question is, which HQ should I use?

Which army would Guy Fieri fit into?

Anybody else who spent too much money on minis when they were too young and now look back to poorly built models and cry?
I have a valkyrie with no finns for example.
Gonna see if i can make some with plasticard.

Problem with Custodes is this
In 7th, if they were hit with a lascannon they laughed and laughed and laughedIn 8th, if they are hit with a las cannon, it probably rolls high enough to just kill him

Slaanesh

Get a good job.
Buy bits on eBay.
Problem solved.

>implying GW are hard to assemble

Scions vs skitarii vs marineletts? Which is better in the lore and in tt?

>Slaanesh
Cherubs with Slaaneshi Iconography and crab claws or something
>Khorne
Literally red Grots with horns

>"I'm glad to see you made it back in one piece."

loli daemonettes