Would you play the men of iron if they where a faction?

Would you play the men of iron if they where a faction?

How do you think 40k would change if they showed up?

Wouldn't they basically just be weaker Necrons?

I could see them taking a different track for them with being touch machines. Having them all be multi-wound models. 3 wounds with a 3+ or 4+. Not fancy living metal that allows them to regenerate but they've got a lot of metal to carve through before you hit anything important.

Presumably it would imply Dark ages technology & return of C'tan.

>deceiver finds uncorrupted men of iron factory

Oh this would go swimmingly for everyone involved

They seem pretty strong compared to all the races in 40k.

I mean not a lot of races can beat dark age of tech humanity

I mean think of it like this

Men of iron could replace oldcrons but all members could still have personality(completely evil personalities)

Instead of being ununited nobles, the could be a small force of dedicated murder machines

>small force
It's a matter of time before they consume enough materials to build bigger army Tyranid style

I might be talking out of my ass, but didn't Humanity "lose" because the Men of Iron took control of their technology? And not because they were a powerful military force to begin with?

It's all nice and dandy to havr chronoweapons and blackhole canons but that doesn't meant shit if your ennemy cant turn it against you and force you to fight metal skeletons with primitive weapons.

I'd say it would be more interesting to find an untouched enclave of Golden Men, still living in pre-Age of Strife Style.

And that's because everything there would be utterly disgusting to the Imperium.

The controlling AI is the man of iron. The robots are just things thrown together out of the STC data.

Both. The MoI were the military AI and were the AI of many STC thus controlling most of the production.

Men of Gold have long since mutated into different strains. One of them the imperial human.

Weren't men of gold the actual A.I who remained loyal while the men of Iron were the A.I built into the war machines, so the actual robots were the men of Iron?

Those were (hypothetically) Men of Stone.

Really, we have no idea what Men of Gold or Men Stone were. They could have been different genetic strains of humanity, they could have been different castes, different civilizations, different kinds of AI, or they could have been the ramblings of a mad historian confusing actual history and Greek myths.

Men of Gold are the original humanity, said to be very creative by Imperial human standards but not very tough, who found it difficult to live on worlds other than Earth. They're the ones who made all the science happen.

Men of Stone are a modified human that was made to be able to live anywhere. They're like Men of Gold except tougher, able to colonise pretty much any planet, but who are also less imaginative and creative.

The Men of Stone are the ones who colonised most planets in the Dark Age of Technology. They're said to be what Imperials came from.

Guys, the original story about the Men of Gold, Iron and Stone were fairly clear on the Golden Men and Stone Men.

The Men of Iron could possibly have been uploads or another type of human, but it seems implied in the original story that they were robots like the Terminators, or Asimov style servile androids. The Men of Iron manned the defenses that kept the aliens at the borders of Man's empire.

Later fluff in Dark Heresy equates the Men of Iron with Abominable Intelligence (AI), suggesting that only the computer in the comic is a true Man of Iron while the rest are just drones.

Men of Gold were also a bit taller.

A past user had a fun idea that the Men of Stone's stocky appearance accidentally explains why GW's human models have such weird proportions.

>Men of Stone have weird proportions like the models
This spawned a theory that the Emperor isn't actually very tall, he's just a normal sized guy surrounded by tiny manlets with giant hands.

Isn't there a story where a single iron man hacks astartes armor and traps them in it?

I don't see necrons doing similar stuff, though that could just be poor writing.

The story says the exact opposite. Golden Men were physically superior and philosophically inclined, while Stone Men were weaker but were the Science! dudes.

The story is written in a pseudo-mythical fashion and nothing in it should be taken at face value.

God yes.

If I could make one change to 40K, it'd be to delete Necrons and replace with with Codex: Abominable Intelligences. Preferably with a somewhat Nihei aesthetic going.

>How do you think 40k would change if they showed up?
We'd finally have an unambiguously Good-aligned faction and then some horribly obese author would write a story about the Warp powers having some perfect answer to a bunch of Terminators and it would be shit again

Why do the coolest armies get forgotten Veeky Forums. 40k has such cool enemies in its lore but every supplement "oh it's chaos"

I'm honestly suprised that despite it being tens of thousands of years since their betrayal. We don't see enough remnants of men of iron. Even on colonies rumored to have been agandoned since the daot, and that's especially strange since they were the guards/military force.

Either way one of the rare encounters with a daot AI shows that most have either gone insane. Hate humanity's new status quo, or are barely functioning. Character's in "death of integrity" talk about AI at some point.

With Necrons ruined by Newcrons, Men of Iron are our only hope of a truly threatening cold machine horde of genocide

But gaunt (in the book gaunt's ghosts) creamed the stc so i don't know if the books are cannon for this bit but they became heretics (the rust blokes) and it was weird as shit

If they were just mindless Terminator-like army, it would be boring, as necrons already fill that niche of skeleton-looking high-tech mindless robots. It would also be hard to give them a purpose, and orks already fill the niche of faction that fights for no reason at all.

If they were like the Matrix style of cold-minded alien-looking post-human extremely advanced robot civilization, it would be a nice addition. The Animatrix war scenes had some bretty gud tentacle robot designs.

>How do you think 40k would change if they showed up?
The Adeptus Mechanicus would lose their shit and declare a Holy War until they were destroyed.

Two things

First I think they should be a low model high powered army, like grey knights/custodians

Second they would have to strong enough to change things, but not strong enough to change things

For aesthetics I think they should be a sleek version of the imperium

Also they shouldn't be chaos, rather horribly programmed ai

They could use the chaos robots like the blood angels death guard

>unambiguously Good-aligned
Based on how Perpetual frames the Cybernetic Revolt, I highly doubt this. If the whole galaxy banded together with the DAoT humans to fight them in a war that dwarfed the HH, and it involved a weapons like those that even the Necron don't like to use, they probably weren't good.

There's a scant handful of things that show up. Just goes to show how desperately the galaxy tried to purge itself of synthetics.

All the things that do show up are really scary, like better than Cronus scary

Squats

I picture the men of iron being like Total Annihilation....

In 40k.

Game Over Man!
Game Over.