Play your self insert

>play your self insert
>make all the choices you would make in real life
>learn something new about yourself in the process
>use it as a tool for personal growth instead of childish entertainment
Find a flaw

The flaw is that this is a troll thread.

The flaw with this is that you're not actually having fun you just think you are

>Playing Exalted 3e
>Make self-insert Brawl + Resistance Grapple tank
>Using the Lighting Attack Prana with throw/savage as my signature move
>So far I have only strangled 2 women to death and suplexed one off the top of a tower.

You posted a frog and that automatically makes your opinion worthless. I'd say that's a pretty huge flaw.

>Triggered by a drawing of a silly frog

>Find a flaw
The choices you make in such a simulation are conscious

Outside of it you are also subconscious

It tends to make a piss poor narrative

Although anybody who uses 'childishness' as an argument against doing something outs themselves as a fucking retard almost immediately

>>>r9k

>childishness as an argument
>only used as an adjective

Nice try, brainlet.

So you learned you enjoy ragdolling women?

Perhaps join a judo club and make your dreams a reality

>can't even link correctly

>make all the choices you would make in real life

That's your flaw. What you are doing is making the choices you think (or like to think) you would make in real life.

> Play a character
> Make bold and confident choices that are in everyone's best interest
> Start adopting positive traits from your character in everyday life
> Use as a tool for personal growth instead of purely entertainment

I'm curious now, who here thinks that they have achieved positive RL growth from 'mantling' their characters?

Fake it til you make it brehs

You can't express yourself and not grow.

>play as a made character
>understand what drives peoples actions
>grow empathy skills
>stop posting frogs on turkish carpentry forums

find a flaw.

Oh, I've absolutely faked it until I developed the actual confidence for myself. I played a cocksure, overconfident good-hearted asshole in-game. I really enjoyed it, and started shifting my real life habits to more closely align with that - it's because I 'acted' more confident and 'pretended' to care less about social blunders that I eventual developed legitimate social confidence.

Yes, I'm a massive autist, but now I'm an autist with a positive self-image, plenty of confidence, and a job I love where I interact with people constantly.

Is... is this sort of thing not what everyone does? I found it most fun to explore the psychology of both myself, and a version of me that would exist in the setting we use. It's a giant thought experiment, with multiple parties and set in a game.

If you're still making a shit thread like this, it clearly hasn't done much for your own growth.

Or he's trying to steer other anons in the right direction.

>I found it most fun to explore the psychology of both myself, and a version of me that would exist in the setting we use. It's a giant thought experiment, with multiple parties and set in a game.

I can get on board with this line of thinking.

Not to mention roleplaying with make believe wizards and rogues is inherently childish.

But you don't make the same choices you would make in real life. Imaginary people and imaginary consequences matter way less to you.
That's why your character is willing to take so much risk. You'd have to be a sociopath to effectively self-insert.

Obviously it's different, there would be no point if it was literally the same as you do IRL.
The point is to experience what ifs and different paths

The flaw is that what happens to your character as a result of your actions is merely the reflection of how your DM views the world.

The point is in your actions, how and why you make the decision you do, not the consequemces the DM makes up

Is it not the results of our actions that cause us to reflect?

This man is going places

They are not necessary if you're conciously making the effort to reflect.