Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1690: I Am Thou, Thou Art I Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/5193644/1/Time_Braid
youtu.be/Qhh0igzqtqY
youtu.be/1nBBpVKFI_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So with the WoW update in the works, I need to know.

Will the time dragons try to stop me from dealing with pic related? Preferably by saving someone higher-ranking and more competent from zombies.

>Wait, no, I was just using the rating system wrong? This visual novel database is weird.

There's two versions of the game, the all-ages one replaces the H scenes. That's the one I played.

>I'm sadden by him giving up on Pandora Hearts

I'm saddened because user tricked me into thinking there were good fanfics.

That seems like a WCIII question. Are they active then?

>I'm saddened because user tricked me into thinking there were good fanfics.
Good fanfics of what?

Nigga on the right straight up got Katt Williams hair.

THOU ART I THOU ART THEE

STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Oh, that would explain it then. Thanks, Ricrod.

Try Time Braid fanfiction.net/s/5193644/1/Time_Braid I find it to be quite good and I still have trouble trying to figure out if the setting is has become too powerful. The top-out has one of the characters gaining a super mode that allows them to do some pretty neat stuff like shift dimensions inside a determinisitc branching multiverse and have a command over a world encompassing McGuffin. It's really rather well written and the MC fucks up hardcore at quite a few points.

But you're not me.

>There's two versions of the game, the all-ages one replaces the H scenes. That's the one I played
Boring

From what I heard it's the opposite. The hentai was actually weighing down the rest of the game.

Jumpers who don't have a benefactor, what other mechanism do you use to drive your chain?

Did someone order a stupid looking boss? Because I have an order here for a stupid looking boss for an 'Anonymous'.

>Jumpers who don't have a benefactor, what are the mechanisms that drive your chain?

1) A giant rock in a sort of pocket dimension that resembles a giant cavern. When the rock glows, and people are touching it, the pocket dimension moves to a new universe, imbuing the people touching the rock with new powers. Entry is gained by touching a surface with a shard of the rock.

2) It's a jukebox-type-thing in an empty warehouse. It occasionally spits thick packets of tax-code-like forms out of a slot on the front. These forms can be filled out and returned to the slot, to start the next jump.

3) A giant magical circle that needs to be drawn, and occupied at a certain time. Depending on the circle's details, different powers are gained when those inside are transported. These details differ from jump to jump, and can be found in a grumpy book. It doesn't talk, but it does present information in a way that makes its sentience (and irascibility) rather obvious.

And hear I was thinking the consentacles would lift characters up where they belong, rather than tieing them down.

Before Warlords of Draenor, they would have because of the idea of "the single correct timeline."

After WoD retconned shit to FUCKING MULTIVERSE THEORY, I have no idea but they prolly still would do their jobs.

So which Personas did you pick for the two Persona Jumps?

I'm thinking of picking Cyrano for P5, with the personification of the general concept of Utopia as my Ultimate Arcana.

There any good WoW fanfics for us bozos who take the fanfic drawbacks everywhere we go?

Not unless you want to start getting into /d/ fetish territory.

There is an astonishing lack of fanficery and HONESTLY, THAT'S FOR THE BEST.

Was considering Titania and Asherah.

...Both, motherly figures. Hm.

Now, you COULD check out a certain piece titled "Stepping on Worm".

But don't. The attempt won't end well.

>relatively early Jumper keeps trying to fix everything
>powerful enough to put the right people in the right places, but not enough to brush off the cops
>he's about to stop the bomb, but the gnome drags him away before he can do it
>she looks like she hasn't slept in days

I made myself sad.

Alternate mythological versions of myself for both.

da's

da's a wormfic, annette

he's talkig a warcraftfic.

I'm pretty sure she's suggesting it since the Self-Insert uses Leet's powers to make VR Warcraft that's somehow real and gives actual magic. Or something like that, anyway. Might have been D&D magic instead.

That's almost as bad as SB in terms of powerwanking.

Stupid thought

With the advent of Kizuna AI, in youtube jump would you end up companioning a version of the 3d model or the actual person behind the 3d model?

I have not jumped those yet but I kinda want Hastur and Nyarlathotep. sadly I am in no way compatible with the tower arcana.

>That's almost as bad as SB in terms of powerwanking.
Its a Perfect Lionheartfic.

I asked this last thread but didn't get an answer. Is Touhou going to get an update now that a few new games have come out?

The Touhou jumpmaker has left, so we probably won't be seeing one.

Hell no, the guy who made it has been gone for years. This is gonna sound like classic shitposter phrasing, but good riddance too, I hated DFC.

Considering the guy isnt here

I dunno my dude

Not unless the jumpmaker comes back, no.

Having never played Neverwinter Nights, can someone tell me if Eater of Spirits is really worth an undiscounted 600 CP + a mandatory 300 CP drawback?

If it's actually that good I may take it, but the description's pretty sparse so it's hard to tell.

It has WoW in there, tho. Read until the part with bloodthirsty Sailor Sluts harem.

Or don't, and save yourself.

Not this fucker but that... that still makes it a Worm fanfic.

It features a game made VR that exists elsewhere, sure. But it's primarily Worm, and thus wouldn't count.

Explain

Damn. Well thanks for answering might take up that project myself if that's cool.

You can't update someone else's jump, but you can make a new jump that covers the new games that aren't part of the current jump.

Angry reeing in 3...2...

Not really. It suffers from the same problem everything else in 3rd edition D&D suffers from - magic is king, everything else is gimmicks at best.

In other words: If you have CP to spare buy more magic.

Even if they aren't here and won't be coming back? Well ok then might just make one for the Touhou games that came out after it.

Noooot really.

You could still make a jump solely for the newer games if the timeline's progressed far enough you couldn't interact with them using the current jump, I suppose.

The only one I moderately like was Travels through Azeroth and Outland but thats 90% speculative worldbuilding and wouldn't recommend it to everyone.

You know, Virtual Youtuber Kizuna AI?

youtu.be/Qhh0igzqtqY

The character it's based on eventually becomes powerful enough that the gods collectively raise up a huge divine army and directly intervene... against the one guy.

Most of them and the entirety of their army die and they just barely manage to drive him off. So yeah.

You were supposed to be able to tear down the Wall of the Faithless instead, but the people in charge of the Forgotten Realms shit REEed at the game devs, so they had to take that part out.

For the original Persona Jump I picked up Horus, but interpreted as belonging to the Justice instead of the Sun Arcana, and Voltaire of the Star Arcana in Persona 5.

What the fuck is this ear-destroying assault of moonspeak!? People actually watch this- what is this? Someone playing a game and then animating themselves an avatar?

>spoiler

Oh what the fuck, guys.

Why the actual fuck.

This place actually hates content and only cares about enforcing stupid rules that none of us like or benefit from in the least but everyone for some reason agrees must be protected religiously anyway. Go hang with SB, they don't give a shit about replacement jumps, and as much as this place hates their guts, Jumpchain is single player so it doesn't matter what these autistic retards think.

Its mocap from what I understand
Also its not just games, its in character blogging

youtu.be/1nBBpVKFI_s

Wanting to tear down the wall is literally considered an objectively evil action in-setting – and keep in mind that good and evil are actually extant forces in D&D.

Why is it considered objectively evil? Why, because the good gods want to keep it up, of course!

>in character blogging
The autism levels are off the charts!

SPEAKING OF UPDATING JUMPS. Is the guy who made the original Dragon Age jump here? I can't into imaging but I was thing about text updating (adding DLC and Dragon Age 2 shit). Just asking for permission before I do. I'd largely take everything word for word that's already there and just add things or describe them better. If they're not here I might just do it anyway because I'm an absolute madman like that. Though this is me more just giving a heads up. I feel like I might get a wild hair up my ass and do it not that I'm 100% sure about it.

Never heard of this wall before now.... I think I am going to try to eat it.

>in character blogging
>autism
>implying that Jumpchain itself is any different

Original Dragon Age, no. DA:I, Epicureanon's here and there and everywhere.

It really is a low-quality jump, but if you do that, keep it to yourself if you don't wanted to be REEE'd at.

Pretty sure they're gone? I've also been tempted to update it myself. You've got my support (though you'll likely have few other supporters).

>filename
God damn, that is perfect.

I implied nothing of the sort. This place is always autistic. But that AI freak show is a whole new level this place doesn't even come close to. Maybe Bancho on his worse days.

Make sure to have some afterlife or private dimension of your own when you do that. That way you can put the souls you absorb there so that all the poor bastards stuck in there whose only crime was not casting a vote in the gods' popularity contest don't get digested.

What's the strongest Harem perk we have?

>date the Demon King

I don't know if that advice is quite right.

Having confidence.

I mean it probably won't get on the drive but I'd like to see a better DA jump.

It was him and a couple other people that did that one right? At least noted by the jump description. Would take a few things from that like mentioning you gain "exceptional" talent from the class not that you necessarily need them in order to learn them have you the ability otherwise.
I'm no stranger to love. You know the rules and so do. I can take the lumps.
Any ideas? If so, shoot them at this post and I'll look back at it later.
Coolio.

Do we have any jumps that are like Playerunknown's Battlegrounds? Last man standing hunger games bloodsport sort of thing?

Endowed from Body mod.
See, I can be cynical too!
But actually I'd say the two harem perks from Generic Xianxia.

If we are triggering nutters today can some one do something about the berserk jump?

We've got a jump of Rust and a jump of ARK, that's sort of like that. We've also got a jump of Generic Dystopia, focused heavily on the Teen YA novel sort of dystopia where some dumb kid takes down the ruling authority. So you could probably go to Hunger Games that way.

I know there's that perk from Dodgeball that lets others know you're interested in them (or not), but is there a perk that lets you know if somebody is interested in you?

Do we have anything else like The Power is Jumpers? I know we have Drain No for the no stealing our powers part of it but, do we have anything that would let us keep any powers we drain from others or blessings we are given?

no

A Brother's Price I think has one under general perks.

Any mind reading or emotion sensing perk.

Meh. Stale memes.

Are there any perks that would let me reclassify all the gods in FR to Evil for acting like it?

Are you going to add proper Perk Trees for the Origins? And perhaps item trees as well? I haven't played DA:I in a long ass time, and I haven't even touched the DLC or 2 myself. I just want the Jump to have more substance.

Thanks, but I can't seem to find it on the drive?

The DA:I jump has all that, I think he's just touching on the base DA

Oh shit, whoops. Meant to type DA:O. I haven't touched Inquisition yet either.

>Well ok then might just make one for the Touhou games that came out after it.
Nice. I'm looking forward to it. The current Touhou jump is pretty shit, so any jump actually representing Touhou would be greatly appreciated.

Jump # 192 Hellsing (free choice)
Origin: Hellsing
Perks:
*Feared (0)
*Art of War (200)
*Holy Empowerment (400)
*Weapon Channeling (300)
*War Veteran (100, Discount)
Equipment:
*Uniforms (0)
*Hellsing Arms Anti-Midians 13.7mm (0)
Drawbacks:
*It all started on a midnight stroll in the woods (0)
*Schrodinger’s Cat (+ 0)
Objective Reward:
*none

So it seems those jumps I am expecting to enjoy the most because they were worlds I really liked are the ones that bite me in the rear the hardest.

Long story short; everything went to hell and it wasn’t my fault… also the jokes… not so funny when your actually experiencing it and people are dying.

Well it turns out my biggest foe in this jump was not Millennium but paper work… or rather lack of it…

I was trying to investigate Millennium on my own by which I mean using my companions… who don’t technically exist in this world. At the same time Hellsing was looking for a Mole.

Yeah so I got fingered as the mole when I couldn’t answer some important questions like who the hell are these guys.

That touched off a fight with Alucard because really all he needs is an excuse. We sort of wound up destroying the Hellsing mansion. Alucard was pissed off by his inability to kill me and my unwillingness to kill him. He complained of being blueballed.

Well after that I sort of had to flee and head underground while continuing my investigation.

Hellsing was kind of too tied up from loss of resources to fight effectively so London sort of got burned down. None of this was my fault. Where was the companion Import on the Jump!?!

We did finally work together all of us including the Iscariots to bring down Millennium, killing their troops and leaders but London was completely destroyed.

Is Drain No seriously the only perk that does that?

Don't bother, it was ruined by dwarfists.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointing that the perks were solely the powers and not even all of them. Excluding Yukari's broken ass powers made sense but Kaguya's nah fuck that.

The stealing powers part? Not even close. But as far as "making powers yours" and even working on nebulous things like "blessings"? Power of Jumper's is probably your only option.

I didn't do much brainstorming (cause when I brought it up before I was predictably shot down and lost enthusiasm), but I had been planning on giving each Race a free Perk so that they felt more relevant (like Lyrium Resistance for Dwarves continuing to work against all forms of Magic post-Jumps), including separate Perks for loyal and outcast Qunari, making the Origins something like Outcast, Commoner, Noble, and then using Grey Warden and Darkspawn Vanguard as Capstone modifiers.

I think there's something like that in EMH?

Maybe a standard four each to the perks if it's wanted because I know a bit more from just the games so I have a little bit more lore friendly knowledge to pull from than the average pleb. Certainly updating the classes regardless with all acquirable ones in the two games that aren't companion locked. Items, yes. Companions, maybe. Will say the disgraced gladiator option is Oghren though. ANYWAY, I'm tired. Shoot ideas or criticism at these posts and I'll thinking about them.

I don't mind the powers, really, because they too are part of Touhou's identity. But if a jump consists of literally only powers, about a setting and fandom as large as Touhou, I have to wonder why the hell it was accepted in the first place by /jc/.

My area (Midnight) and Kelemvor tried to change things and use their powers for good, but we're put on trial by the other gods for "incompetence by humanity".

Just the power protection bit. I don't know any perks other than drain no from stopping you being depowered. Guess it just doesn't come up often.

Mystra* were*

Damn phoneposting.

You aren't going to get a straight answer out of anybody as to why DFC's garbage was accepted.

He's also why the Abyssal capstone is how it is.

EMH? I am sorry I do not know what jump that is.

I too am saddened by the lack of Companion Imports in Hellsing. Such a pity.

Fun read though.