Pic Related falls in some random hive city In 40k and brings WCS and Red Eye with it

Pic Related falls in some random hive city In 40k and brings WCS and Red Eye with it.

What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HcyVRzkSwkc
youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg
youtube.com/watch?v=B09qyRzXU_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Exterminatus
Exterminatus of the most cleansing variety.

No replicants to save the humans this time.

Would Exterminatus eve do anything against it? Caim and angel would die from it no problem, a fucking jet could shoot them down after even with peak performance Angel.

*even

What If the planet has a Astarte monestary with space marines on it?

Doesn't matter, WCS and anything created by the Watchers/Angels/Gods whatever is fucking nefarious. It takes forever to get rid of it, almost as hard to get rid of as an Ork infestation, but more deadly and terrifying for the humans it effects. It's best to nip it at the bud as fast as possible and get rid of it. It'll take a lot of time before the Watchers are able to pull off something like that again.

What is this

The grotesquerie queen from Drakengard 1.

The Watchers. A group of demonic eldritch abominations that seek the destruction of the entire universe, along with humanity. They hail from the world of Drakengard, and they have brought their wretched disease with them.

The real question is how strong is the average LEGION? Because it took multiple magical soldier crusades and eventually replicants and combat androids to take down Legion soldiers and Red Eyes, and even then Red Eyes came back when some replicant acted like a sperg and gave him a spark to come back from.

And is WCS limited to that planet only, or as a whole is the imperium infected with it? Given that WCS seems to attack and destroy the soul directly it may be one of the few things that makes Chaos shit itself.

>What happens?
I can rest easy, secure in the knowledge that the game's hit the absolute bottom.

How far WCS depends entirely on if the aliens from Automata are actually servants of the Watchers.

Remember, their language is angelic.

Just watch this
youtu.be/HcyVRzkSwkc

Let's say for the average Legion is as strong as Marines/Daemons, with bigger ones being as strong as Greater Demons and small, human sized ones are Lesser Demons/normal Astarte

Yoko did say there was a correlation between the red eyes of the machines and the watchers, so there could be something there.

Really, the watchers don't want the universe dead, they just want humanity dead. They really fucking hate humanity for some (no) reason.

Honestly if you're turning humanity into soulless daemon/astartes equivalent monsters the imperium has a significant problem on its hands.

>They really fucking hate humanity for some (no) reason
Apparently they hate humanity because we are capable of resisting them, and we are not just mindless drones to them. That's why WCS turns people to salt if they decide to refuse it. The fact that we don't obey them without question pisses them off to no end.

I think the wiki says that the reason the Watchers hate mankind is because they see them as being imperfect for having free will and emotions and shit. If the aliens are Watcher friendly that might make sense, since Adam and Eve say that the aliens were more like plants than they were humans. Simple and boring.

I'd imagine the watchers would freak out over everything in the 40k setting then but especially Chaos, since it's all about free will and subservience to other gods.Humans wouldn't be the only ones on their shitlist then.

>The Watchers descend down from the sky like it's the apocalypse
>Humans staring in abject horror at these horrible daemonic death babies
>The babies suddenly fly away from the planet and into the Eye of Terror
>They're still planning on destroying everyone, but they're going to start with the most chaotic things first.

>And is WCS limited to that planet only, or as a whole is the imperium infected with it?

It's isolated on the Planet until someone who's infected gets off somehow. Like a Inquisitor or a Guardsman

Most likely an inquisitor. The moment any regiment shows signs of WCS I imagine they'd be quarantined and killed.

So.... a incursion of Malal?

Malal's more about destroying everything and all things. The Watchers certainly want humanity gone, but they wouldn't mind if all life became mindless drones either.

No. Malal just wants the destruction of Chaos, and everything else. He's more just raw destruction, and Chaos devouring itself. The Watchers most certainly want humanity wiped out, but they would be content if all life became their slaves, or even worse, became Watchers themselves.

Would the Imperium even know what WCS would be? Like fully comprehend what it without throwing the term "CHAOS" on it

I mean, when your imperial guard regiments that helped deal with a daemon outbreak turn into salt monsters or pillars of salt, you're gonna sterilize them ASAP no matter what

Would they really need to know? As long as they're still able to destroy it, it wouldn't matter if they thought it was chaos or not.

If we go off the idea that the Logic Virus in Nier Automata is really some sort of strain of WCS, does that mean that Necrons can get WCS too?

Makes it sound more like what an incursion of Order would be

Ok, let's get back on topic.

How would a Hive City immediately react with the Queen falling with Caim and Angelus following

Forgot pic

Quite likely. Pretty much, if anyone starts to hear church bells, and a choir of singing children, suicide ASAP.

Similar to the Japanese, I'd say. A few moments of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON before firing everything they got at them. Though I feel they'd attack right away instead of waiting for Caim and Angelus to beat the Queen Beast in a sing off.

Greentext please

Why is a video game maker's avatar squaring off with a bunch of anthropomorphic penises?

Life is just like that sometimes

I don't think I could properly capture the scene in greentext form.

Though, another potential situation, assuming anyone in power is able to notice quickly enough that there's a human riding on top of the dragon, is that they might believe Caim is an Imperial human trying to defend them, or even some kind of angel from the Emperor. I think that's a little unlikely since the whole situation might be crazy enough for them to want to destroy everything without question but who knows.

A big problem would be if they wind up shooting Caim and Angelus down before they can finish off the Queen Beast. I don't know if the Queen Beast can be stopped outside of weird music mini-games.

If they kill Calm and Angelus whilst their trying to destroy the Queen Beast, and they don't manage to take it down with them, then that Hive City is almost certainly fucked.

Better question is how would the Galaxy at large react if word got out.

Assuming the Watchers do enough to gain galactic attention.

>Imperium: New enemy, exterminate on sight no matter what.
>Chaos: New potential threat, probably actions to take them out quickly before they mess with the Great Game
>Orks: Eh, new enemy, might be fun to fight if it didn't mess with all the boyz.
>Tyranids: Salt's on the menu tonight, starts to adapt if the Tyranids can get infected
>Necrons: Probably underestimate it, thinking that they couldn't be infected. Get serious once their own start turning against each other.
>Tau: Wait and watch, see if these things can be reasoned with. If the Tau up their ability to serve they may very well be a good slave race (though they'd obviously choose to fight instead if possible.)
>Eldar: Quickly learn what these things want, determine that they can be used against Slaanesh and try to lead them towards the Warp.
Dark Eldar: Let's just hide and wait for this thing to blow over.

>life is going normally in the Hive, everyone is streaming from the sleep chambers to go work at the factory's
>suddenly, church bells start ringing. No one finds this weird at first. Probably another Ministorum propaganda.
>suddenly, Light fills the Middle Hive and a Giant falls. Bells get louder
>panic everywhere. Riots on the streets and Arbites firing both at the warp spawn and the rampaging crowds.
>all the while the bells become more and more defining
>suddenly a Dragon falls

Someone expand please

youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg

Yea, I have no fucking idea what the Imperium does. If anyone with high enough access is around, they'd assume some sort of chaos ritual, but can they mobilize something powerful enough to stop this before the battle is over?

>Watchers: Laugh joyously as all the fools underestimate your true might, as you worm your way from the inside.

Please. Someone

>As the Dragon falls, the rift grows wider, and the song grows louder.
>A great Beast pierces through the rift in reality, screaming.

What would a Nier/Drakengard tabletop game be like?

Could you somehow make it as mindfucky as the video games are?

I tried running a Drakengard inspired game a few times.

Tied the "wtf" factor to a hidden sanity system that ticked down every time the Party procrastinated or killed when peaceful solutions where obvious.

It was fun when it lasted.

>Implying they wouldn't get fucked sideways by the sheer concentrated autism and emotion That permeates the Universal cancer tumor known as the eye of terror
Expect to see Chaos corrupted watchers pouring back out,

Any good stories to share?

Maybe, maybe. But from what little we know about the Watchers and their power levels, only that once they're around they're fucking hard to get rid of, and the fact that they basically represent complete and utter Order, they might have a shot in there, who knows?

I can just picture the Inhabitants of the Eye thinking that the babies where just some new Chaos god and starts worshipping the Watchers on mass

No, game died just around when shit was getting weird.

Sad

Sucks.
I can't help but think that a true Drakengard/Nier game would need weirdness not just in what happens in the story, but in the mechanics themselves. Like, it's a turn based RPG most of the time, but suddenly it turns into a war game, or a straight improv game, or some other shit like that.

That's actually what I did. It's how I usually DM.

Dude.
You gotta give me the details.

Gotta go to the store so give me a sec

Ok, back. What bits do you wanna hear

First how you did straight gameplay mechanic changes. Than after that, how you planned for sanity to work, I suppose.

They were sent back to their home universe

So gameplay was separated in two areas.

Straight DnD dungeon crawl and character interactions, and massive armies that I tried my damnest to balance.

Basically every character was a Prince/Noble in my setting that has a small army to there name. Each army had a limited pool of man power.

Every player also had a pact partner of there choice, and a price that bit them in the ass in exchange of Magic. As the game progressesed and Progressed the more manpower they lost and relied on Pact magic more and more.

I also had a hard rail roadbed plot with checkpoints.

If they went of the rails, world would slowly become more and more shit. If any TPK happened they would go back to a checkpoint with any items and experience they earned. And the world would be the same as it was during the checkpoint.

Unfortunately this is why I lost players.

Mmm, I can see why you lost players there. Railroading and making it too much like a video game's gonna do that to people. If you ever give it a shot, you gotta let them influence the world how they want to influence it. Hell, if you want the characters to see a big story and not just die and be replaced by people later, have their deaths be canon, and them dying has legitimate effects on the world while they wait for them to respawn.

Objectively quantifying the Watchers is almost as stupid as objectively quantifying Q.

Give it another shot, I mean.

Oh I will. Taking what you said into consideration this time

Fuk u let us have dumb fanfiction fun

Good to hear. Keep that player freedom in mind and I'm sure you can make it work.

Depends on if any white maso can get off the planet before it gets max level exterminatused.
If it gets max level exterminatused, the white maso will still generally be limited to that new asteroid field which presumably would be subsequently abandoned after daemon-like possession events kept occurring around it.

If a white maso infected individual, in particular Red Eye who is capable of intelligent behavior gets off the planet, then they become a serious recurring problem as Red Eye will probably begin seeding white maso wherever it can reach, causing WCL to add a new layer of grim darkness in the far future etc. etc.
I doubt they'd ever come to completely cleanse the galaxy, but they'd be a frightful problem that damns every area they land on, as the white maso infects everything with a soul, presumably including every living race except Necrons.

Though, really, that begs the question of how high do they scale? Can WCS affect a c'tan? A chaos god? Where does the line fall for a being to reject the "serve me now or die, there are no other options" contract that WCS represents?

>Except Necrons
Logic Virus

I don't think Maso could effect the C'Tan and Chaos Gods, but it would definitely get cults dedicated to it.

>Though, really, that begs the question of how high do they scale? Can WCS affect a c'tan? A chaos god? Where does the line fall for a being to reject the "serve me now or die, there are no other options" contract that WCS represents?
Considering that the WCS is a "pact" that is made with a nigh-omnipotent God(s)? The only ones who *might* be able to reject it are the Chaos Gods, and even then.

No, machines and androids developed souls just as replicants did, but necrons are explicitly soulless in every way. It's an incompatibility between settings, souls in NieR just seem to be developed through sapience with emotions.

These cute little fuckers are now in 40k. They want to exist and destroy humanity. What happens.

They got killed by combat androids who aren't terribly impressive in canon Nier canon. The Imperium takes this, easily, especially once the Mechanicus starts freaking out about Abominable Intelligences and starts opening the vaults with all the really good shit they keep squirreled away for situations like this.

Adorable though they are, they're not that impressive as a fighting force and are easily despised as abominable intelligences. N2 probably has them adapt towards subtlety and stealth as a matter of survival, thriving off ambushes and marauding attacks.
Though I don't see what would lead them to destroy humanity, when having an enemy is the entire purpose to their existence. They'd fit very snugly into 40k as another sub-faction that harasses people and has a lot of fun with it, like intelligent orks.

>They got killed by combat androids who aren't terribly impressive in canon Nier
What must be understood there is that the machines would not win their war no matter what. All things considered, they could have destroyed the androids easily at any time, but N2 didn't want to lose its meaning for existence the same way the androids did. It was a war the androids could not lose, because the machine lifeforms would never, ever seal the deal and finish them off. All victories would be left incomplete.

Had N2 not had that integrity, the androids probably would have been obliterated thousands of years ago.

>souls in NieR just seem to be developed through sapience with emotions.
Yet again the cult of destroyers demonstrates it's superiority by retaining sapience but rejecting the weakness of emotions.

Again, anyone wanna writefag?

QTE's are extra heretical, after all.

How would Fagius try to weaponixe WCS?

>weakness of emotion
>Destroyers were shown to have euphoric highs and fits giggling and maniacal laughter as they kill

Don't kid yourself. There is no part of the Newcrons that's cool.

I know some guys made an attempt but they never got past making Pacts.

Not him but honestly Newcrons coulda worked if the dialed back the Individualality/personality of all the Necrons.

Would WCS even happen to Orks? They're a sentient fungus gestalt with reality-warping powers, not a normal animal.

Does it have a soul? Then it can be infected.
It, or some kind of analog to it, can infect even robots.

Orks have souls, or at least enough of a soul that WCS would get into them. They've got free will, they have hopes and dreams and desires. They just mostly involve stompin' gits.

What system would you use for a theoretical Drakengard RPG? How would you balance Pacts and their prices? Where would you even get the players?

Will players follow the time honored tradition of being horrible people thrust into heroic roles?

Ideological opposites. Chaos wont be able to infect them and vice versa, because they share no middle ground. Its reduced to a pure slugfest.

>Its reduced to a pure slugfest.
>Armaros starts to nuke EVERYTHING
>Abdiel starts punting Daemons left and right
>Almisael brings its/their might against Slaanesh and its Daemons
>Phanuel goes toe to toe with Nurgle and his own.
>The undying, unending hordes of Galgaliel face down the might of the Blood God.
>Raphael spins it's webs of deceit against the cunning plots and schemes of Tzeentch
I'd watch it.

I
CAN
HEAR
A
SOUND

>CHURCH BELLS INTENSIFY
youtube.com/watch?v=B09qyRzXU_4