>make characters
>paint minis
>design setting
>make maps
>put army lists together
>read the rulebooks cover to cover
>too afraid to go out and actually play
Thread for introverts.

Funny stories about being introverted, how you overcame it and got to play, encourage others, projects you're working on instead of actually playing, etc.

>That Pic
I think the best thing about Apes is that given the context, they're smart enough to understand something like a Juice Box and will open and drink from it like a regular person.
You don't need to help them, they're fully capable of picking the straw out, carefully punching a hole in the box, and drinking from it once they know how to do so.

It's great. I love it. Nature is amazing.

>think roll20 might be good for me to practice playing and a good middle ground between going out and playing and being a shut in completely
>still too shy to apply to games

Ive read enough That Guy stories to know staying in is better.

>thinking any of the stories told here are real

>how you overcame it and got to play
I don't. Infinite sadness. Got me some problems that prevent me from getting out there more.

>encourage others
I do this pretty much constantly. I always encourage my friends to get out there and play games and meet people.

>projects you're working on instead of actually playing
I just bought into Dropzone Commander and have that to work on. I also bought some more BattleTech minis that I'm looking forward to assembling and painting up (including a slick new primitive Archer and primitive Orion). Finally, I picked up the Star Trek Adventures rulebook that I am 1000% excited about. Gonna read it and get a game going sometime.

>Funny stories about being introverted, how you overcame it and got to play, encourage others, projects you're working on instead of actually playing, etc.

At some point I just said "fuck it" and decided to turn myself outwards. Sure it has other problems like rambling a bit and alienating people due to sharing my opinion on almost any given topic freely and without hesitation but overall it has been pretty good. I feel my biggest step outside my comfort zone was reviving my community college's board-game club which had crashed and burned following the previous president of the club making it devolve into their own weekly Pathfinder group meet-up. Built that club into the premier political force of the campus. Fuck you Reilly. I turned your shitty club into solid gold once and I will do it again.

>Funny stories about being introverted, how you overcame it and got to play, encourage others, projects you're working on instead of actually playing, etc.

At some point I just said "fuck it" and decided to turn myself outwards. Sure it has other problems like rambling a bit and alienating people due to sharing my opinion on almost any given topic freely and without hesitation but overall it has been pretty good. I feel my biggest step outside my comfort zone was reviving my community college's board-game club which had crashed and burned following the previous president of the club making it devolve into their own weekly Pathfinder group meet-up. Built that club into the premier political force of the campus. Fuck you Reilly. I turned your shitty club into solid gold once and I will do it again.

>projects you're working on instead of actually playing
Learning how to competently paint minis and writing a setting. The setting's elevator pitch is it's the 1920's but a few decades ago weird monsters started popping up.

You realize that isn't impressive at all considering how closely we're related.

Octopuses opening jars and solving man-made puzzles is fucking terrifying though. Considering they basically have a completely alien biology relative to us and have life cycles limited to months rather than decades (like great apes).

Lvl 1 orangutan telepath.

>mfw trying to find a new group

You're not introverted, you're socially retarded.
Being an introvert does not mean you fear having to talk to people, it simply means that you do not need it and/or get mentally exhausted from it.

>tfw you will never get to watch cephalopds make something out of themselves unlike the fucking dolphins

Introverts are not necessarily shy.

Most introverts are capable of taking part in social activities but usually prefer their own company.

On the other hand, a shy person generally has a desire for social interaction that they can not satisfy because they're 'scared'.

I like crows. They are really smart, have enough patterns to their communication to be considered language, and can remember a person's face for years, and can even describe that face to other crows in their social group who never saw the original.

>really want to play a tabletop RPG
>can never remember online commitments, only IRL ones, so Roll20 is out
>LGS communities all highly exclusive, and won't let in inexperienced players
>no friends that want to play

Being an introvert has nothing to do with not daring to go out. That's called social anxiety and you should find help.

HOLY SHIT LMAO

>still too shy to apply to games
m8, you gotta go on discord for the ez access, no-app gaming

This. I love corvids in general, but especially crows. Their language also varies from as little as a few miles away.

I hate LGSs like this.
Do they not remember learning the ropes themselves?

If you really are looking start playing regularly you may have to widen your search.

Is there a university nearby? They usually have at least one roleplaying or wargaming club.

If not then you may have to try a wider area, I ended up traveling about 40 miles each way to game one weekend a month for the best part of three years.
That was some of the best gaming I have had, but it's still a pain spending over an hour getting to and from a game.

The final option is to put up a LFG note in a LGS and hope for the best. Say you are a new player looking to run a game. The owners won't ming, it's ther bread and butter and you will probably get a few people who are interested. Even if it goes badly you will learn from the experience and hopefuillly meet some people.

See
Introversion is not "crippling fear of interacting with other humans" despite what people tell you. That fear is anxiety or possibly actual autism. Being an introvert means you prefer to be alone for any number of reasons, whereas a person with social anxiety will want to be with people but is too afraid or otherwise can't bring themselves to do it, again for any number of reasons.

Personally, I am an introvert, but I also have Social Anxiety among other things. I generally prefer to be alone because people don't interest me, and I spent most of my time in school alone. I was told that was wrong and that I needed friends. I just went along with it and found a friend who liked to talk whereas I didn't. I always listen, even if I don't want to, and trust me when I say I don't want to listen. Why do it, then? In general, people like to be heard, and it doesn't actually hurt me, even if I just don't care.

What about the anxiety? Often, i just want to scream whenever I'm with people. I want to tell everyone to shut up and leave. I want to tell them that I don't care about a word they're saying and to just leave me alone. I want to break down into tears. I want to break something. Or throw something. I want to find a dark corner and disappear, but I don't. I just put on a smile and play along because everyone has their own problems. Sometimes though, I just have to shut down. I just spend all day or even all weekend alone in my apartment venturing out only for food. It happens and that is ok.

If you read anything, read this. There is no trick to it. You just have to pull a Shia and do it. Just go to your LGS and participate. If there's nothing going on, then make something happen. Build and paint there. That's what I did, and we went from 0 40k to spontaneous 8v8 games in a year and a half. Only you can make you happen, and as cliche as it is, it's true. Either fucking get to it, or stop worrying and enjoy yourself.