Kamigakari Thread

Time for more anime-esque shenanigans.

Cthulhu is in your neighborhood, fucking up buildings and generally causing insanity. What do you do about it?

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

It sucks a bit that we don't actually have the eldritch monstrosity stats yet, but assume its probably stronger than you can reasonably fight with your current character.

How does your current character do, then? What would be your first course of action?

Gonna leave this here as sort of an anchor, in case anyone actually gives a shit about my god eater stuff.

If anyone has suggestions for stuff to make, i'll see what i can do but i make no promises.

For example, do you try to communicate? do you observe cthulhu to see if he's actually being hostile or not? Or do you go full maniac and try to get every organization possible to try and take it down?

If anyone has good ideas for god eater based fluff for the classes and races as well, that'd be greatly appreciated. Generally speaking the base classes aren't terribly hard to fluff up, but some of the expansion ones are a bit more tricky whilst staying within the lore.

Of course, if you have your own setting you need help with, feel free to speak up as well.

The sample episodes just don't cut it for very long, after all. Gotta keep things fresh, and moving.

Has anyone's groups, or you for that matter, tried stabbing something they really, really shouldn't have?

Forgot this fella because the page for aragami is a bit weird.

>Name: Yaksha/ Class: Humanoid / Lv: 3
>Size: 3
>Wits: Normal
>Senses: Normal
>Speech: No
>Reaction: Hostile
>ID: 9
>Weakness: [Fire] [Cold] [Shock]

>| ACC | EVA | CNJ | RES | CHK
>{Combat Stats} | 9 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 2
>{Fixed Values} | 16 | 12 | 9 | 11 | 9

>HP: 48
>Initiative: 10(5)
>Armor: 3
>Barrier: 1

>[Weapon Attack] : Physical Attack / 6sq / 1#
>- [Form: Ranged] 3d6+10 Physical damage to the target.

>«Buster Shot» Attack/ 10sq/ 1#
>- [Form: Ranged] 3d6+14 Physical damage to target

>«Evasive Burst» Attack/ Engaged/ Area
>- User jumps and blasts the area under him, dealing 3d6+9 Physical damage and moving 3 squares ignoring engagements.

>«Activate» Unique/ User/ User
>- When user is brought below 50% Health, Gain +3 to accuracy

This ones pretty simple. Honestly, a lot of these early ones will be. Its the later variants of these simpler ones that are the real thing to look out for. Either way, this one is basically just a sniper, with a lot of damage.

Got in a fight with a diesel punk mecha. Stuffed the power output from my railgun into the mecha's power supply and overloaded some transistors and capacitors and blew it up along with half my character's arm and face. Does that count?

Its certainly close. Depending on how tough the actual fight was and what level you were at the time, it'd certainly qualify. Especially with that level of injury.

I had a chance to do so one time, but i was playing the voice of reason to prevent a TPK, so i regretfully didn't try to attack it. I'm actually not sure if it was a sample episode or not, but we defeated a pretty tanky zombie like guy in a run down hospital. Then he exploded and some demon dude came out of it, basically saying "well, that was amusing". Sadly to say, i knew the DM a little too well to actually attack this new guy, but part of me really wishes i had.

Y'know, this didn't occur to me till just now, but does that make you two face? Are you gonna do a bit regarding probability and using a coin and such?

It'd be neat, to say the least. At least if you don't take it to the point of being a villain.

Has anyone tried homebrewing style talents?

To my knowledge, the only thing i know of that homebrewed class stuff is my dm qith legacy user before it was fully translated.

That was for another player, so i dont really have the details though

The talents are fairly conclusive, you can take up to 5 styles, and a lot of them stack together so its not really necessary to homebrew talents.

What with the fourth and fifth, there's a whole host of extra talents anyways.

I have a couple of rules questions:
When does HP recover outside combat? As far as I can tell, there are only rules for it with Innocents.
Secondly, there's no penalty for using ranged attacks while engaged, correct?
Thirdly, could someone more clearly explain the Trace Trajectory talent from the Demon-Eyed racial section. It looks to me like it just allows you to defend against a weapon attack with your accuracy rather than evasion once per turn, but I want to be sure.

Page 274 of the PDF "Backstage" and "Handling Backstage" Explain when your character heals HP and spirit outside of combat.

So far as i know, there is no melee penalty for using ranged form weapons.

So far as the Demon-eyed talent goes, that ones actually worded super weird. The way i'm reading it is that it allows you to make an active check, but treat it like a reactive one to defend. My best guess is that this means that talents that work "On active checks" Can be used on this attack, Rather than "On reactive checks". The difference between an active and reactive check is usually Aggressor=Active, Defender=Reactive. So in this case, while its still treated as a reactive check, you'd get the option to apply active check talents. I think. So far as your third question goes, i'd wait on kamigakari user to weigh in on it before taking my word for it.

I hope you are right on those talents. That could get pretty strong

The first one to be above size 3, the vajra. There will be maybe one or two that actually go above 4, but these are aragami that are extremely large.

>Name: Vajra/ Class: Beast / Lv: 4
>Size: 4
>Wits: Normal
>Senses: Normal
>Speech: No
>Reaction: Hostile
>ID: 9
>Weakness: [Fire] [Cold]

>| ACC | EVA | CNJ | RES | CHK
>{Combat Stats} | 10 | 6 | 3 | 2 | 3
>{Fixed Values} | 17 | 13 | 10 | 9 | 10

>HP: 46
>Initiative: 11(6)
>Armor: 3
>Barrier: 1

>[Weapon Attack] : Physical Attack / Engaged / 1#
>- [Form: Ranged] 4d6+10 Physical damage to the target.

>«Electric zone» Attack/ 10sq/ Area
>- [Form: Ranged/Element: Shock] 4d6+14 Physical damage to target

>«Pounce» Attack/ Charge 5sq/ 1#
>- User ignores engagements and attacks a single target, dealing 4d6+10 Damage

>«Activate» Unique/ User/ User
>- When user is brought below 50% Health, Gain +5 to Initiative

Frankly speaking, The Vajra's fighting style has a lot more moves, but putting too many in would be very punishing to the players. The thing about size in kamigakari is that for mononoke, it directly equates to more damage.

Y'know, I just thought of a potentially interesting system.

Since a lot of these mononoke i'm gonna make have more attacks than any mononoke in the book rightly should, would a system of them having the abilities, but the DM rolling for them be interesting?

Looking for input

Best race/style combination to make pic related into a Godhunter?

Okay, you've piqued my interest.

Sauce on the character? Or is it a random picture?

Just a random grab from a thread, sorry

No problem, i was just wondering if there was some sort of basis i could work from.

Just makes it a bit more challenging. Gimme a bit to mull it over, and i'll get back to you on that. I can almost guarantee Arc Slayer A and Ambidexterity, but past that, i'd need to look into some stuff.

much appreciated

So what i'm thinking is Arc Slayer A/ Dragon Carrier A, With Ambidexterity, And Dual wielding Hand Chakram from the second expansion.

You'd need to heavily refluff the Chakram, But at the same time their the closest thing i can think of to work both as a melee weapon and a somewhat ranged weapon, emulating the length of the arms.

Arc Slayer is just the go to Weapon master type, and i figured Crystal Transformation Could be your character "Equipping" the arm things. It also gives some range to your attacks that arc slayer simply doesn't, giving you really good range game.

All in all, this is the best i could come up with. The weapon is way too out there to be easy to emulate, but you don't need to emulate the weapon specifically, but how it would work.

From there, its just a matter of how you describe your attacks and actions when using it.

Yeah, you'd need good theatre of the mind to pull this off, but at the same time it seems super fun

Thank you so much for the advice! I agree it'll take quite a bit of refluffing but it sounds like a blast.

Hey, no problem man. Honestly speaking, i'm actually really interested in hand chakram now because i looked into this. It should be a really fun build, even if the fluff itself falls through.

While i am trying to make a God eater splat book, as a thought exercise more than anything else, i am still taking suggestions for shit to make.

I'd prefer people at least try to keep it serious, but i'm not above the odd request now and again.

Looks super cool and fun to play. Make sure to tell us of your more interesting shenanigans!

If anyone else has some character they need advice on, im still here