Your current or most recent party ends up in a fight with pic related. How does it go?

Your current or most recent party ends up in a fight with pic related. How does it go?

>a bunch of computer programs
Oh no, whatever shall anyone do?
Especially if we go by next order rules where humans in the digital world are, and I quote, "fucking invincible!".

The 4 Dark Masters vs The 4 members of our party. Alright.
>Diviner Wizard who spends his time deep diving the Weave and chilling with/talking to Mystra
>Warlock who took over seat as Fey aspect of the winter court
>Immortal bard, political and tactical mastermind, living avatar of Mask
>Paladin of Tempos, essentially the living reincarnation of The Red Knight.

The 4 masters last maybe 2 minutes?

>tao could im theory oneshot any of em
>however never rolls above 40 on attacks
>wizard jerks the fish and buffs people
>however cant fight much
>artificer freelance isnt built for combat
>deals most damage SOMEHOW
>Shadow cries he doesnt want to use cancer
>uses cancer
>mentalist has no defined attack power
>will do the most or make it all worse INDUCE CHAOS CUNTS

That puppet has a gun!

Top left was such a non-character.

Against or for them?

Hello fellow Animafag
>WarSum has access to second tier of strongest Incarnation
>Dice gods still screw her
>WarSum's Nature fairy can turn into a goddamn dragon
>They're not demons, so it probably won't roll well against them
>WarSum's Totem weasel is a threat beyond what his small size indicates
>Will beeline for MetalSeadraman because that fucker looks like a horse/snake hybrid, and the weasel despises the existence of both those animals
>Mentalist is made of Chaos because Eriol, Open rolls on an 84, Fumbles on a 6
>Always rolls hot, so the enemy will always be eating at the "Base damage 590 Railgun" pain buffet.
>The Essence Warlock doesn't exist
>Puppetmon is still going to wind up covered in termites, after something causes a small pocket of reality and the Wake to merge for a few turns

Our Cyberpunk 2020, decker would probably stumble upon them while trying to hack into a corporate server. Assuming we can't find a way to enslave them, we'd probably have to fight them using the closest thing to a Digimon our party has, the resurrected Tay AI.

The ones on the left, IIRC, are just damage bosses. Easy enough to deal with.

The ones on the right are worse. That puppet fucker can bodyjack one person at a time, so whoever the most dangerous person on your team is never gets a turn, and is now attacking the rest of your party.

The clown guy I remember just straight up turning people into tiny inanimate objects. He was collecting the MCs as keychains. Thats a problem for any level of party.

Piedmon making the PCs keychains might not be so bad if that can be Counterspelled and your most recent party was some variant of DnD

I've actually consider running a digimon campaign, as for my current party, how do stands work on digimon?

Stand users can pretty much fuck up anybody without a stand six ways to Sunday.
Stands can exert physical force, and digimon can clearly be effected by physical force (ie the digidestined don't just phase through the digimon)
The digimon would also be unable to see the Stands, as they aren't users.

On the flip side, if you go for the stand as "Protective magical ghost" then there was a digimon gen that was basically that (with transformation iirc)

Dude i feel old when i see these...

>Decker hacks Machinedramon while the street sam and adepts go against puppetmon.
>Rigger uses drones to harass Metalseadramon until Machinedramon is under our control
> Let them fight
> Everyone convergences on Piedmon

Poorly, given that each one is a world-ending catastrophe in digital form.

What does any of this even mean?

This is the correct response

We get it your party are a bunch of mary sues

Piedmon would just turn you all into keychains

What if each member of your party is also a world-ending catastrophe?

Rory uses [Chains Of Love] to gather up the strength of his three friends. Rory then lends that strength to Wilson, powering up Wilson's Stand [Walk This Way] so it can affect 4 different targets at once. Wilson then uses [Walk This Way] to turn all four Digimon into biological creatures like himself.

What happens next depends on how well the Digimon hold up as living creatures. If they're still strong, the group will have to use some quick thinking to beat them without their Stands, as they're all tied up empowering Wilson's Stand. But if the Digimon are weak, or even collapse under their own weight, the group could probably finish them off with baseball bats and bricks (assuming they're small - I have no idea how big these Digimon are).

Yeah, but they're not going to be fighting together. They content to divvy up the world into 4ths and fuck off.

A few Digimon canons imply that they're the modern form of old mysticism and monsters so it could be an interesting interaction since Stands are pseudo mystical what with the ways they're induced sometimes

Digimon are digital by nature but, in the Real World, are flesh-and-blood to some greater or lesser extent already (except the ones that are metal, in which case they're metal). Likewise humans in the Digital World are digital themselves to some greater or lesser extent.

MetalSeadramon (top left) is about 45 meters long. When coiled up and holding himself upright, he's about 15 meters tall.

Machinedramon (bottom left) is shorter, but still probably around 7-10 meters tall.

Puppetmon (top right) is the smallest of the Dark Masters. He's about the same height as Takeru, a young kid from the show. Takeru is 8 years old; according to Google the median height of an 8-year-old is about 1.27 meters.

I can't find a good reference for Piedmon (bottom right), but from what I remember he was notably taller than the kids in the show - but then, those kids were about 10-12 years old or so. I'm going to peg him at 2 meters tall.

I dont think alot people in this thread realize just how stupidly strong the upper levels of Digimon are

I have no idea which anime these are from, but I'll give the party anyway
>Human rouge
>Human paladin
>Human cleric
>Dwarf barbarian (Groups only female)
>High Elf wizard
>High Elf bard

can someone give me a run down on who OP's pic related are?

Well, [Walk This Way] would make them fully biological, stripping away their digital powers. [Walk This Way] could also make them human-sized, but not while also making them biological (can only affect one aspect at a time).

MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon seem like the biggest threats, as they're still huge. I have no idea how the party would beat them without their Stands. I feel like the party could probably beat Puppetmon and Piedmon by dog-piling them, though.

>dies to deepthroat
>dies to cool breath
>dies to finger nails
>dies to being deported

Nah we are fine.

So as long as the puppet guy doesn't immediately take your spellcaster out of the fight, then. You don't get a counterspell if they don't let you.

>Human rouge

The "final boss" of Digimon, Apocalymon, was capable of destroying two universes with one attack. Granted one of those universes consisted of just a single small planet, but the other was our universe.

They're the Dark Masters, the penultimate enemies of the first Digimon anime. Each of them was, by themselves, capable of conquering an entire planet, but to make things easier (and because ultimately Apocalymon, above, was pulling the strings), they worked together. It's also worth noting that once they conquered it, they physically re-arranged the entire world to consist of just a single gigantic mountain, Spiral Mountain, that had their four domains going up it in a spiral, with the world beyond Spiral Mountain a blasted wasteland.

Machinedramon (Bottom left) and MetalSeadramon (top left) are mostly just blasters, but their singular attacks are capable of destroying entire cities at a time if need be (Machinedramon actually started a "scorched Earth" tactic of destroying his own territory, city-sized chunks at a time, when the kids were hiding in it. Well, technically two of his minions were doing the destroying, but they were also lower-level than him).

Puppetmon and Piedmon are less straightforward. Puppetmon (top right) is physically the weakest of the Dark Masters, but he also has the ability to literally "puppet" something like a marionette and control its actions, including being able to use its special abilities (i.e., he can do more than just make you punch). Also he's fond of just using guns. "These Dum-Dum bullets will blow a hole in you the size of a soda can!" I'd also argue that he's the most dangerous of the Dark Masters on the grounds of being the least mentally stable. He's basically a 6-year-old kid with mind control and nuclear weapons.

Piedmon (bottom right) is a magician (and supposedly a shapeshifter, though he only demonstrates this power once). While just as physically powerful as any other Mega-level digimon, a lot of his techniques are focused on just bypassing any kind of "power" altogether - for example, he can just turn his opponents into keychains.

Piedmon also demonstrates a good understanding of psychological warfare - when the kids went to go face him, he hopped down from his castle and just casually walked towards them, which took the better part of an hour or two (but he was in full view the entire time thanks to one of them having a telescope), because he knew that acting so casual while approaching them would psych the kids out.

Piedmon's my favorite, incidentally, mostly for this set of lines:

>[First appearance, disguised as an ordinary clown, after the other three Dark Masters had handed the kids and their digimon their collective asses]
>Piedmon: "Story-time, children! Once upon a time, there were eight Digi-Destined children who made a nuisance of themselves all across the Digital World! They fought many battles and many powerful digimon and were able to beat them all! Then one day they decided to climb Spiral Mountain to try and destroy the Dark Masters! And the Dark Masters defeated them and lived happily ever after. The end!"
>[One of the kids] "Hey, that's not a very good story!"
>Piedmon [revealing himself: "Oh, I belief I forgot to mention - IT'S A TRUE STORY!"

Bump

Piedmon is also *probably* a body-snatcher.

Im fairly certain apoc isn't even the strongest threat in digimon either. The D reaper, Lucifermon, and the other Sin based Digimon all are stupidly powerful as are all the other mons based off of Kabala and Gnostic lore

>Mary Sue
I mean that will happen when you play the same characters once a week, in a high magic setting for 2 years.