That DM/Magical Realm thread?

That DM/Magical Realm thread?
Let me entrance you with mine.
Anyways, at the time I was new to Tabletop having only been in one other game before that one. But now here's my story.
>Be me.
>Junior year of HS.
>New school cause dad moved to a small town that's growing.
>Find some gaming nerds at lunch. Hit it off with them and get invited to their new PF game.
>DM is a big tall black nerd type nigga named Jordan.
>First off he's the kind of nigga that only plays girls in Vidya so you know he's a weird fuck.
>We go to his house for the game.
>Tells us we can't be loud cause his dead is sleeping in the next room.
>Immediately his DMPC is a hermaphrodite.
>Ok that's strange but whatever.
>Not even 20 minutes in, my character the barbarian, slips and falls, accidentally penetrating her/him.
>Just_like_my_japanese_animes.gif.
>Jordan tried to play it off as a joke.
>"Haha why aren't you guys laughing?"
>Everyone is stunned.
>We stop right there.
>Jordan's mom buys us pizza for lunch.
>Not even a large pizza, a medium sized one.
>We all try to make awkward small talk for the next hour and a half.
>Jordan is not so subtly looking at hentai on his tablet.
>Finally I get picked up by my step mom.
>I never went after that but still sat with them.
>Jordan still sat with us but he wasn't DMing anymore. I still never went back.

>Immediately his DMPC is a hermaphrodite.
Dafuq?

>Not even 20 minutes in, my character the barbarian, slips and falls, accidentally penetrating her/him.
And that's where I would leave.

Bumping, because, for once, a magical realm thread was started by someone who actually had a story to give.

He said it was him trying to be funny. Whatever Jordan you weirdo.

His story is a normie's outright lie based on what he thought Veeky Forums wanted to hear, though.

>his dead is sleeping
This is where I would leave.

>his dead is sleeping in the next room.

t.Jordan.

What showed OP's hand was the line about girls in vidya. That's shit only normalfags think, and normalfags are the ones who use anonymity for dishonesty as opposed to honesty.

Help Veeky Forums my DM has set me up in my own magical realm without his knowledge.

I am not sure if I am okay with it as it is taboo to normies. Raising it as a point will only create suspicion.

What do?

What's the magical realm? This is important.

Spill the beans

Kick back and enjoy the ride, dumdum.

Loli wincest

Yeah but I'm not a fan of playing pretend fighting monsters with a hardon under the table.

If it's making you uncomfortable, take the GM aside and just say that it's making you uncomfortable, you've been trying to play it off, but it's troubling you.

Also come on and give us a storytime, how bad are we talking?

>another player is (supposedly) magical realm'ing me
>her character, the magic hating fighter, ties up my cleric at night so she feels safe with a spooky spellcaster around and I can't "hex her"
>jokes on her, shibari is my jam and I'm a sub
Stories of things going well, or at least better than expected?

Surely not all magical realm stories end in disaster.

Here goes:
We're playing an evil campaign in a cityscape, dnd5e, 3 players.
Our immediate plans are to build up a base and start recruiting hirelings and craft some kind of criminal empire. I have been having trouble finding a right hand person to help my blackguard start up his church to the glory of cyric. After about 20 sessions the DM decided to throw me a bone and looked into my edgelord backstory.
In short: adoptive family with a multitude of racially diverse children. The heads of the household were physically abusive to a number of us. After snapping and praying for aid one day the family was murdered by unknown forces and Cyric symbols were carved everywhere, so I left to seek my place in the world in Cyrics name.
A couple of sessions ago a sister has arrived at the parties home. A 13 year old, muddy female elf urchin. We've been getting along famously, my bad/ edgelord side toning down and generally becoming a protective father figure for her as she sneaks out of the house at night and returns with pilfered gold and trinkets from the town. She's rewarded with pats on the head and the occasional hug. She's so tiny when I stood up in the hug she dangled from my neck. I've grown quite attached to her and even ran into a burning building nearby after finding her missing from the home. She was in fact out stealing again rewarding me with trinkets and gems in return for hugs. She sleeps in my bed when I am not doing so, rolled up like a sausage in the covers.
We have some downtime between sessions coming up. The DM makes some rolls, I make some too. He makes noises of surprise and warns me to stay away from the nat 1 ofc I roll it, ebin meme . DM says he will give me some hints about what happens during downtime.
>Well, you won't have to worry about her getting a boyfriend later
Whys that? Is she in love with me?
>Yes

Pretty spooky if you ask me.

I've got an ongoing S&M thing in a Mutants and Masterminds game. Both my character and his NPC girlfriend have regeneration, and after months working together it developed into a proper in-game relationship.

They're an incredibly sweet couple in public, but behind closed doors that have been opened by team members in the past there's a lot of leather, chain and howling pain.

It's not a major focus of the story, thank god, just something that's both a kind of running joke and just a part of the characters.

Don't worry, it's an evil campaign, he'll kill her off in order to reinforce your evilness.

It's probably also a magical realm of his, in which case he probably won't cut it out even if you ask.

>>First off he's the kind of nigga that only plays girls in Vidya so you know he's a weird fuck.
I've had plenty of mates do this, they just like looking at womens asses. I get it, its no big deal, though its not my thing personally.

Basic rule of thumb: if you aren't manipulating her desire for affection into her providing you with wealth and/or sexual favors, you ain't Evil anymore, Cochise. If this campaign is going to stay Evil, she gots ta go, and your GM likely knows that and has been playing you like a damn fiddle.

You can be evil without manipulating each and every single person in your life. Hate to go to the classic Hitler example, but he loved Eva Braun. There are plenty of other examples.

>tfw graduated from monstergirl fetish to actual giant spiders/wasps and hard vore long ago
>tfw players think I just like gruesome descriptions and insect horrors
>tfw stealth magical realm

The magical realm is spilling peoples' beans.

Too lewd for a blue board.

>Hate to go to the classic Hitler example
It's a bad example, because he wasn't strictly Evil. Call me /pol/ if you want, but he wasn't.

Fuck off /pol/

But seriously, the point stands. An evil person acts for their own self interests with complete disregard for morality. If they routinely commit robberies and murder anyone who gets in their way, or a sadistic murderer who kills for fun, are evil, and yet they may still love someone and not decide to manipulate them. Or maybe the idea just never occurs to them.

>Hitler
>Evil
Literally Lawful Good

>herewego.gif

I like to make my players slightly uncomfortable. They're also not very internet genre savvy, so sometimes when I'm describing things a little bit too vivid one asks in a small voice

"This isn't something sexual, is it?"

I assure them it isn't, and carry on.

They suspect, but they do no know.

If your players were schoolgirls then you'd be living my magical realm.

you'd be surprise

Ok user we get it, you'd rather look at a girl's ass when you play haha. Nevermind that Pathfinder, is a game without graphics.
You can choose not to believe it, but I can swear on both my deceased grandparents' souls that it happened.

I dunno whether to call you lucky or to feel bad.

Vorefag here, and long time DM. Still haven't thrown any vore into any of my campaigns. Closest I ever got was mentioning off hand that a dragon had eaten some people, but it was breif, nondescriptive, and pretty normal for dragons.

> GM keeps trying to push my character into magical realm
> he/she keeps failing
> that's make him/her even more determined to sex/rape him
> my character is the only virgin in the table

Back to r*ddit, normalfriend

Ebin XD

>Telling people you disagree with to go to Reddit
go back to /v/.

>on a board about playing fantasy-oriented characters
>being of another race, another philosophy, another religion, or another society is fine
>slaughtering your own men for cowardice in the Emperor's eyes is fine
>being racist to the point of genocide against orcs (possibly even half-orcs) is fine
>being a commie mutant traitor is fine
>being a girl makes you a degenerate

Dude, roleplaying is about being something you're not.

Wouldn't be a something I noticed if every single person I knew who played girls only wasn't a degenerate besides the fact. I've never met anyone like this who wasn't one.

Nobody is strictly evil, that's the point. You can pick pretty much any evil, selfish asshole from history and they'll still have people they care about. Good or evil isn't about how you treat the people dear to you, it's about how you treat the rest.

Holy shit. I haven't played a girl in a tabletop. Odd, since in vidya with character creation, I probably play about 1/3 female characters. Then again, I generally play girls just to see what's different in the game if I do after playing a guy. In Morrowind, there are entire questlines off-limits based on your sex.

Can we not argue for once and get back to the topic at hand please?

Yeah guys, this a super serious thread, and I think you're all ruining it.

>In Morrowind, there are entire questlines off-limits based on your sex.
playing morrowind right now, but holy shit really? never bothered making a female. Where can I find these quests?

After I finish the Theives, Morang Tong and House Hlauha quest lines I plan on making my go to class, Battle Mage but ill make him a her if their are enough quest lines to go for.

> House (Hlaalu)(?)
Telvanni or bust.

My second character, I battle mage whom save file was lost half way through one of the xpacs, was house Telvanni. Telvanni is great but I wanna explore the other quest lines you know?

Hey I remember you, how is it going?
Any new stories to tell?

>being a commie mutant traitor is fine
Friend Computer would beg to differ.

One of my players always plays a slutty kobold.
I'd do something about it but he's the only player who fully gets the rules and handles the crunchy parts of gameplay smoothly.
That and he gives me an outlet for my own magical realms without bothering the other players

>VtM game, roll up a ballin Ventrue
>Rich as fuck, max wealth, can only drink blood from ginger women.
>Naturally, as a vampire giving zero fucks, have a basement stocked with red headed women and staffed by doctors to keep them alive.
>Party gets wrecked by Giovanni zombies, retreat to by place to recover.
>each person offers tribute in some form to use access my blood dungeon.
>Had never actually visited blood dungeon in character.
>mfw most of the ginger women are actually ginger girls
>restraints explained down to the indentation they made on their pre-pubescent buttocks and various tubes going in and out of orifices.
>Of little girls.

I mean, was there some justification as to why they were children, like space or cost to maintain, or was it straight up fetish fuel? I can kind of see it going both ways, he's either trying to make you question the real cost of your lavish lifestyle with graphic detail, or he has a loli abuse fetish and was jacking it under the table. Or something in between, I don't know, I'm not a science man.

At the very least, it was both. He roleplayed my head doctor, also one of my thralls, as a straight up pedophile a little tooooo well. I remember the good doctor mentioning how these "cattle" will keep for decades and being a virgin wasn't in my blood restrictions. If it was a small scene with little detail beside telling that my blood farm is most efficient with lolis, I would love that to juxtapose with our more-human non-humans next to my human dead doctor. But he described more than one and ended it with "Oh and theres some adults too. but they're most likely former little girls." It's like when someone draws a part of a picture super detailed and you can tell they put way too much effort into it, like pic related.

>DM gave us a chill, loyal kobold chick NPC party member
>was a few levels behind so we used her exclusively for non-combat stealth and envrionment interaction, super useful
>was playing a belligerent, racist dwarf so had to be mean to her
>eventually sent her on a suicide mission and got her killed
Shit was hard, wrong character at the wrong time

>forcing players to ignore portal to magical realm
I have seen a whole new level of cruelty to inflict.

>Tells us we can't be loud cause his dead is sleeping in the next room.
RED FLAG

IIRC, one of the Telvannin councelors who you have to convince to support your bid for the title of Hortator (assuming you don't just kill everybody who disagrees, which the Telvanni consider perfectly legal strategy) is a woman who really hates men. So if you're playing a woman and ask her to support you, she just goes "ok, sure" and that's it. If you're a man, in order to get her support you have to do a lot of work to prove her that she should vouch for you.

>Thieves, Morag Tong and House Hlaalu
My motherfuckin' n'wah.

So, since threads like this always make me want to evaluate my own settings: is it magical realm if the game features a cursed family of human nobles forced to interbreed with "beastfolk" (gnolls, minotaurs, lizardfolk, aranea, etc) to successfully procreate, with daughters being beasts like their mothers and sons being more cursed humans?

There's literally no sex ever mentioned, it's just an explanation why the locally shunned family of creepy nobles has non-human "servants" to hand, but still, magical realm?

That's way way way too tame to be magical realm.

I'm almost positive there's literary precedent for this. Bathory, maybe?

Where do you think you are?

Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums traditional games board
>traditional games

And if you think Veeky Forums's board themes are anything else than a way to add flavor and variation to the shitposting, arguments, autism, fetish threads and pent-up political frustration, you've clearly spent less time here than on Facebook.

It would be nice if the /pol/tards could refrain from jumping on every excuse, no matter how weak, to shitpost about duh juice

I know most of them were introduced to Veeky Forums through reddit instead of /b/ like the rest of us, but still.

The fact that you care is what kills this site.
If you have the thick skin or the self-restraint to ignore people like that, you don't have to let them get what they want.
Those kinds of people get their jollies from having people get mad at how misinformed they are and how ill-applied their ideas are - because they don't actually want to get out there in the real world and learn how to not be wrong (which involves going back on your beliefs and admitting you were ignorant, something people born after 2000 have a very hard time with), they just want indirect acknowledgement.
Basically, if you don't tell a /pol/tard anything, he gets mad, he gets lonely and he starts sperging even harder before leaving.
If you reply, no matter how good the putdown is, he'll twist it into "well, the fact that the world doesn't consider broiling the babies of unbelievers alive okay means that we have degenerated and it's all modern Jewish media's fault" or "because he dislikes me, it means he's been brainwashed against me and there's no point in trying to not be a hostile asshole with half-assed opinions".
They want to be hated, because the easiest kind of attention to get is negative attention, and that fuels their persecution complex.
If no one hates them, if no one gets buttmad, if no one replies and if no one agrees, that hurts harder than any putdown ever would.

I admire your ability to ignore your own desires for the sake of staying in-character. That's something I haven't really ever been tested on, and sometimes I wonder if I'm a good roleplayer for it.

Huh. Maybe you can help me figure out the "mechanics" of the curse, then? Like, the basic idea in my head is that normal racial breeding just produces deformed, sickly monsters (ala the "Whatley Cast-offs" from Deadlands), but the "primal vigor" of beastfolk blood is strong enough to counter this degeneration.

Only problem is, I have no idea how to phase such a curse "in universe", if that makes any sense?

On one hand, I agree with you. Not taking the bait is good. Not allowing threads to devolve into the same discussion about politics or women in the military that has been had thousands of times before is good.

On the other hand, don't you think that it's fucked up that we have to basically ignore the problem and hope it goes away? There seems to be no moderation, not even the mythical 'Veeky Forums moderates itself' of yesteryear. There is essentially no power to correct or eliminate bad posting, even from among the community itself.

>thinking its weird to play girls in vidya
>having tablets in highschool

I had a tablet in high school and I'm 20.

Yeah, because you're practically still a child.

...and what does being a child have to do with anything in this thread?

First ipad (being the main stream tablet, several existed before it) came out more than 7 years ago bud
You can be 24ish and have had an tablet in highschool

Women really don't belong in the military though, for the record. Their periods make them too unpredictable and other soldiers will target them knowing that men will go to far lengths to help their female allies and ignoring that instinct means going against millions of years of evolution. Females in the military not only puts their lives at risk, which would be fine, but it puts the male soldiers at risk and gives the enemies leverage and gives our entire military what might as well be a weakpoint akin to a giant glowing red eyeball with a neon sign saying "shoot arrows here."

Posting this because it gives me a fuzzy feeling.

>other soldiers will target them knowing that men will go to far lengths to help their female allies
The solution is of course to female-only squads.

>tfw just playing an ERP game outright
>best players I've ever had
>get to bum fuck one of them every week
It's an anonymous text game for the record

w-wew lad

It's weird if you ONLY play girls in Vidya. And I'm 22 years old.

Gotta love having a bunch of cute girls that love getting mounted by monsters

>a bunch of men pretending to be little girls getting fucked by monsters

End your life as quickly as possible.

To be fair I was also probably trying to hide my realm power level. DM wasn't really the type to buy into internet fetishes or put fanservice in his games

A FATAL mistake.

What would we use them for? Our enemies have all male squads. A squad of even the shittiest male soldiers will obliterate a squad of the best female soldiers. We'd basically be handing them groups of hostages as well as weapons, ammo, and other supplies for free. At this point the thing I said about males going to extreme lengths to help females applies even more for every captured female. Should we really give our enemies such huge advantages and risk the lives of our soldiers just so that we can say we're "totally progressive and not sexist." If I'm sexist for not wanting a bunch of good people (and a bunch of butch bitches I guess) to die then I guess I'm sexist then.

>There is essentially no power to correct or eliminate bad posting, even from among the community itself.
Good. This is an anonymous imageboard. forums sound more your speed.

>The solution is of course to female-only squads.
It makes me legitimately angry that people believe this.

This says exactly what I was trying to say, only ten times better. Thank you user.

I have heard disagreements with the arguments in that article.

>someone disagreed with it
and some people probably disagree with the statement im about to make. you're an idiot.

doesn't mean its wrong.

>Shittiest males verse best females
I'd argue to disagree. It would be more like
Average male squad>Average female squad
Or average male squad>=best female squad
A shitty squad is a shitty squad and hell they do exist regardless of training
But the best will always stomp on the worst regardless of gender.
A female trained in martial arts is most of the time going to floor the average untrained male(some cases they don't)
But the moment that untrained male gets abit of training and knows what do, he gets an advantage.
There's a reason woman don't fight men competitively

My GM was alright, before he tripped and spilled his spaghetti all over the gaming table.

Some years ago I played in a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game because I love it, it's the best d20 system out there and I had made a scientist who was working on a mutagen compound that would make the consumer of it into a nigh-unkillable supermutant with superhuman agility, reflexes, strenght, constitution and the ability to modify the constitution of their body to increase their mass or change their frame, their face up to their genetic material.

Of course, it was the scientist who consumed the compound after he was double-crossed by agents of the opposing party trying to uncover secrets of the current ruling party, resulting in a bloodbath after my scientist was backed up into a corner with the only option being to fight off his aggressors.

After the bloodbath at the secret lab, his journalist sister helps him do some research and lands him a spot with a nascent supermutant group working to uphold the law as a team of superheroes.

So he goes on to become the number one damage-soak for the rest of the team, thanks to a collateral effect of the compound being super durability and inhuman regeneration of all his bodily functions: he saves the collective ass of the team by getting chopped in half by a raging berserker with superstrenght, immolated by an arsonist spitting flames and being turned into a pincushion by at least four streetsigns thrown by a cyborg running amok.

Things were going well and I added a few powers to my shape-shifting abilities, to be able to also dish out as much as I was getting punished.

Then That GM had to introduce his magical realm in the form of a super-giantess who had hit the city and was scooping up people from glass skyscrapers and swallowing them whole.

This is the biggest strawman I've ever seen.

Of course, my character's sister worked in one of those skyscrapers, so he witnessed the giantess scoop her up with a couple of guys and swallow her whole like the rest.

By that point, I was livid: the GM had already been drinking and wasn't thinking straight and spent an awful lot of time describing the delight and the bulge in her throat.

One of my character's disadvantages was that he had a limiter on, a mental barrier suppressing his power from going over the limit in order to avoid the bloodbath that he had caused when he consumed the mutagenic drug.

The risk of losing his sister was the last straw, so he interposed himself with the next few people that were about to get eaten and let himself be swallowed whole instead: once he was inside her stomach, the true degeneration of my GM was made manifest. I am proud that I managed to stay calm throughout all of his descriptions.

I found my character's sister in a state of unddress because of the acid and with a few burns on her body, struggling to keep conscious: so I told her to hold on and sprouded claws for the first time in the whole game. Then I jabbed the claws in the stomach walls a couple of times to let the acid spill out of the giantess' stomach before literally clawing my way up to her throat and cutting it open and into freedom.

My GM was trying to object to all of this of course, citing acid damage and crushing damage which my character, originally a damage-soaking sponge, very easily passed and/or regenerated immediately.

In the end, the dice allowed me to cut myself free from the vore and save the day, although the GM stopped GMing for a couple of months after that. It's a good thing the other players drank as much as he did, or else he would have to have faced a lot harsher criticism than just me.

>most women can't meet physical requirements
>therefore women shouldn;t be allowed to try and fail
if only 1 in 100 of the women can meet the physical requirements then that 1 in 100 make it.
all the other arguments fromare bullshit a teenager would say.
>muh periods
do you have female friends or know any well? Sure they may get pissy when having cramps (which don't last the whole period just the beginning), but periods don't cause erratic behavior. you just bleed.
>men would be irrationally heroic to save women in danger
literally no evidence for this. If anything it's just as likely a dude wouldn't risk as much due to less camaraderie. So it could just as well balance out. It's not like their are fucking studies proving either of us right.
>male soldiers would beat female soldiers in any fight
tell that to female soviet soldiers, or rojava's peshmerga fighters killing ISIS left and right.
If a women can't shoot well enough, she can't fight. If she can't carry the weight requirements, she can't fight. If she breaks during live-fire excercises then she can't fight. But blanket bans on people who could meet the requirements is bullshit based on your teenager tier understanding of the world
now call me an sjw or laugh because I'm responding to a post from however many hours ago I don't give a shit

No disagreement can be valid since all the things she say are facts.

-4 STR

It's only worthwhile to even screen woman if the nation has a dire need of military personell (like small nations with small populations that need/want a large military). As I understand the US military is a volunteer-force, and there's no lack of combat troops, so why even screen a population that in 99% of cases won't meet the standards, and even if they do face additional difficulties? Just seems like a waste of time and money for the sake of feels.