Anyone ever play Slap Jak?

Anyone ever play Slap Jak?

Never heard of it, but I would like to know more about this Thundarr ripoff.

>Thundarr Ripoff.
That's just the start.

>Jak - Earl of Evil
>Jaki - Jak's Evil Twin

My fucking sides.

I feel like with a little sorting, you could make an alignment chart out of those.

Does that make Jaki the good one?

Is the Enemy of my Enemy my Friend?
Is the Evil Twin of the Earl of Evil, an ally to Good?
... I guess?

Found a little higher res version, so you can see the level of detail that went into these character designs.

Holy Hanna-Barbara

I need high-res scans of all the cards

Irdi's laser boomerang is a pretty badass weapon. Bata looks like a total bro.

These are fucking bizarre but I'll admit I'd pay way more than what its worth for a mint condition stack of these classics

Posting what I find.

Why sort it?
>Lawful Good - Bata
Leads his nomadic people responsibly.
>Neutral Good - Oresto
His desire for good is counterbalanced by his (failed) efforts to teach and guide Corel.
>Chaotic Good - Irdi
Trying to use her power responsibly, Irdi is torn between her obligation to the evil Jak and her inexplicable (ie poorly-written) attraction to Corel.
>Lawful Neutral - Minton
Minton stands by his friends, but mostly adventures to meet new people to throw rocks at.
>Neutral - Corel
As the hero, Corel's intrinsic righteousness takes the form of an endless parade of unprosecuted crimes.
>Chaotic Neutral - BATTLE SLED
BATTLE SLEEEEEEEEEDDDDD
>Lawful Evil - Jaki
The power behind the throne, who abandons her plans to bang Corel at every opportunity.
>Neutral Evil - Jak
A lifetime of being slapped has left King Jak bitter at a world he had never understood. Ineffectual and perpetually concussed, Jak's schemes amount to little more than mildly-oppressed populations that celebrate Corel despite his destructive antics' failure to improve their lives under Jak's misrule.
>Chaotic Evil
This alignment is reserved for whatever heinous villain Corel and Jak will be forced to team up in order to oppose.

My set is definitely not mint from being played a lot, and currently over 1000 miles away sadly.

motherfucker I was all set up to make one of these but I am never going to top this

>"Leader of Good"
Neutral
Corel isn't all he's talked up to be.

Back of the cards

"My alignment is Battle Sled"

Also the Rules.

.. But are there Bad Space Gypsies?

It's definitely possible to make a better one. That post is like... 99% contempt for my childhood. Pulp is fun but stupid, and it only went downhill once merchandising hit the scene.
Never go full Janeway. Always go full Janeway.

>Although a warrior might want to slap Idri, this is /not/ allowed.
Why does everyone want to slap Idri?

Back of the box

>From the makers of UNO
We can only wonder why this never took off like UNO did...

I tried.

>Idri
Iridi
Come on user. There's only like 8 characters.

Like every other night or so.

The rules

I salute you.

My alignment is always Battle SLEEEEEEEED!

>Jak's equally evil twin

It was the rules or the back of the card.
And the rules work well for Lawful Neutral.
Well.. Apart from being obviously bias against Jak, Jaki and particularly Iridi.

Oh damn, according to the Rules, Minton is a "Strong Warrior of Good." I'll need to move him up to Neutral Good.
Might make Bata Lawful Good, Corel Neutral Good and Minton Chaotic Good.
Oresto can make a good "True Neutral and Battle sled can be Chaotic Neutral.

Fixed

People, I don't usually do this, but gosh darnit if this artwork hasn't gotten me all worked up.

I propose that when any of us see this chart posted on Veeky Forums that we all make a point to each post BATTLE SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEED as a proclamation of the bond we've shared this day.

If you're with me can I get a (You)

BATTLE SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

(You)

(Dense)

So it's a cross between He-Man, Xena, Star Wars and ... whatever Space Gypsies are from?

Plus whatever Oresto is from, ancient Rome maybe?

Holy fuck I have a deck of these somewhere.

Iridi made 4-year-old-me tingle.

Find them and post scans

I might have to check back tomorrow, it's near midnight and I don't want to wake everyone else up with my rustling. I'll try a quiet search.

user is the true leader of good

I get more of a Barbarella vibe.

I can see that.

>gypsies
>lawful
Pick one.

Minton and Bata should swap.

Man, that movie sucked. I saw a few snippets when I was younger, and it looked really cool, but I finally saw the entire thing earlier this year, and it was pretty bad. I feel like it had a cool vibe, and there were seeds of what could've been, but it ultimately failed.

You have to watch it in a movie theater in 1968 while tripping balls on LSD.

>You have to watch it in a movie theater in 1968 while tripping balls on LSD.
I was meaning to do that, but I guess time just got away from me. Also, spiders.