/EDH/ general

Shit memes Edition

Previously: →

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Your favorite archetype that you enjoy playing AGAINST

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-07-17-daretti/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breyadox/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-17-dinostorm/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/806822#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-brostorm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/radha-manasink-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why isn't scryfall.com the recommended card search? It's basically magiccards with higher quality scans and prompt updates.

Wanting to get back into edh, i put together a list of what I could manage for 50 dollars addition to a daretti precon to focus on squeezing every bit of value I can at every turn. Am I overlooking anything?tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-07-17-daretti/

What's the best way to reliably cheat in Omnicience + Enter the Infinite in EDH? I'm thinking it'd be Kaho, but I don't want to build half a deck only to find out that there was a better option all along.

Mindmoil might be worth trying. You are playing a bunch of cheap artifacts and help out with keeping your momentum going.

Still trying to get this cut down to be a decent 99, anyone see any obvious cuts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breyadox/

I'd cut Hellkite Tyrant. Its a great win con, but it can be stolen and fuck you up.

Is Neheb good in Xenagos?

I like it. It'll help me get to my key pieces. And it seems nuts with alhammarett's archive

BE WARNED: You need a sac outlet if you use those two together, otherwise you'll draw your library out!
2 cards -> 4 cards -> 8 cards -> 16 cards -> 32 cards -> 64 cards

I should have plenty of sac outlets, especially if I'm drawing that many

Personally, I like it because I know how the syntax works with magiccards and I prefer the minimalist gui

Is there a good place to trade cards online? Would anyone here be down to trade via mail?

how do i gauge a deck's power level?

Use your scouter.

Dunno how many of you guys actually tried building a Ghalta deck but it's actually insane how easily he comes down and either combos off or just draws you a million cards
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-17-dinostorm/

So I was looking at "competitive" stax decks on tappedout and I have seen the same problem with each of them being that they can, and most likely will, lock everyone out of the game their deck included. Why do they considered it to be a winning deck when they will make it so they are unable to do things? It just results in a draw, competitive edh sounds awful

Deck is shit m8

Advice? I posted before but received nothing

mtggoldfish.com/deck/806822#paper

Goal of most stax decks is to not hardlock everyone, but slow down the game in such a way that you are coming out just far enough ahead to win. Example, TeferiWalker let's you untap some permanents, even if there's a stasis on the field

And how much deck stacking is involved in that?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

How is this storm, am I missing something?

One of the combos is to just keep casting and saccing Ghalta which can obviously give you a huge/infinite storm count for like no work. All the storm cards in mono green are shit though so I don't run them

>which can obviously give you a huge/infinite storm count for like no work. All the storm cards in mono green are shit though so I don't run them

Also by no means all green storm cards are shit, there's Aetherflux Reservoir

Most stax decks I've seen do well are stax+superfriends. If you've got a board full of walkers, a hard lock wins after so many turns.

I believe its supposed to be a variant of this

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-brostorm/

Bontu's Monument too.
For extra draw power I like all of the cards that let you draw cards for playing creatures, especially with Longtime Cub and Greenbelt Rampage, since those two let you turn green mana into cards one for one.

Zero. Just know your meta and what kind of cards shut down those decks. Narset Turns isn't nearly as good if someone has a Stranglehold or Ugin's Nexus out

>running jace's ingenuity over concentrate
I think that you should run Dakkon Blackblade as your commander instead. But control isn't my jam.

>higher quality scans
scryfalls scans aren't scans
pay attention to how some look, they are actually reconstructed using the art and a card creator program

Testing out hands of those "competitive" decks with 10 attempts. On average only 2 of the hands were playable so don't spin me that shit

someone in my local fb group said he's hearing rumors of siege rhino and mana leak reprints. has anyone heard this sort of thing?

I don't want to tell you because it's mean to do that to your playgroup pals

I will take that as a yes

>siege rhino and mana leak reprints
no, and why would you even be excited for those, they're already cheap and this is the edh general

the people in this general are not nearly as retarded as the people in the other generals.

Reposting since some guy wanted my awful Radha list.

#
(You) #
(You) #
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/radha-manasink-edh/

Here ya go! This is the list as it currently is, so it is missing a bunch of critical cards and has a lot of questionable decisions.

Anyone else is free to check it out and respond accordingly.

Please leave, you're bringing down the average

c'mon man. I just wanna combo with my janky 10-drops.

I remember that there was a search I did once that I couldn't do with scryfall for some reason.

But I guess OP could just fit in both. Lately I have been using scryfall a lot, since it gives me some good quick links with a better interface.

>Genesis Wave for 50
Is there anything more satisfying?

Mana leak has been already leaked though

T1 Smokestack

Primal surge with a permanents-only deck

Villainous Wealth for 50?

This is a correct answer.

Winning is great, but what's the best way to lose in EDH? What kind of decks do you hate losing the least to?

Am I a tard for wanting to build Lovisa? I realize she's nowhere close to tier one, but I just want to swing with allot of dudes instead of policing the board with Baral

Anything with Goblin Game

Decking yourself from endless wheels is the best way to lose

was meant for

>what's the best way to lose in EDH?
Your own insane play blowing up in your face at the last second due to getting hit with an instant speed draw spell when you've drawn your whole library, or a deflecting palm on your ten million point comet storm

There is a guy at my local shop that tries to go bananas whenever he plays, yet still rage scoops to my Overwhelming Splendor connecting. He refuses to change his deck to deal with it since then it wouldn't be the same one that "topped at a recent tournament".

when you're able to play your best with what's in your deck. no stax or t1 mana crypt bullshit.

Aggro. Not Voltron, that shit tends to be really unfair or to fail completely, certainly not combo, that shit tends to explode out of nowhere and end interesting games early. But it's very hard to be mad at the guy who beats you fair and square by summoning fatties and turning them sideways.

EDH is casual fun zone. As long as it matches the powerlevel of your group, it's fair game.

Where do you draw the line between creature-based combo and aggro? Where do tokens+anthems land?

Not that guy, but I think the difference is whether it's "I make a billion hasty goblins, you all die gg" and "Alright, I've got ten 3/3 beasts pumped up to 6/6 tramples. Let's rock."

Committing sudoku using pain lands or like. An exchange I never get tired of is:
"You know you lose on my next turn?"
"Wrong. I lose on MY next turn."

I used 1 8 cost in my deck, had a Dark Confidant on board. Guess who showed up to party when I had 8 life?

An engine is fine, provided it can't go infinate. No-one minds losing to a words of wilding plus doubling season that's shitting out a doyen bears a turn, because while that's definately a problem it doesn't seem "unfair". OTOH, dropping a myr matrix and abusing a palinchron to dump a billion myr is bullshit even if you don't have a way to give them haste (but incredibly more bullshit if you DO).

>using dark confidant in edh

>Your favorite archetype that you enjoy playing AGAINST
only decks I don't throughly enjoy playing against are taking turns decks only because most people dont understand how to play them in a reasonably fast fashion
my buddy plays a melek burn deck with a few extra turns cards and he at least takes his turns lickity split though taking 2+ extra turns with that deck effectively is gg anyway

>dropping a myr matrix and abusing a palinchron to dump a billion myr is bullshit even if you don't have a way to give them haste (but incredibly more bullshit if you DO)
Who the fuck playing this format doesn't run at least one fog effect?

>using fog when simulacrum exists

Why save everyone else from the myrswarms?

The best way to lose is with everyone at once. The worst losses are when you die an hour before everyone else, or when the combo guy takes an hour to find his finisher because he doesn't know his deck.
I also like to play Transcendence when I know a game is going to take way too long

>2 hands are playable
either shit deck or you don't know how to play the deck

Well yes competitive decks are shit

lol probably not

Probably so

what's your beef man? CEDH has a right to exist just like casual

I have nothing against playing competitive but all those shitty meme decks in "cEDH" aren't that good when some shitty timmy battlecruiser can wreck them

Neheb is actually a fine Mono-red Commander

Fireball Tribals

You talking about reddit or tapped out? The reddit CEDH community is fucking retarded and I bet tapped out is amny of the same people

Pfft! Decking yourself!

This brings up a serious question, what does /edhg/ consider competitive?

Turboautist combo builds that win turn 2

For me it's generally any deck that relies on very consistent, powerful strategies that take over or win the game around turn 3-5

/edhg/ is pretty casual most of the time, so those degenerate storm combo decks can fuck off

cEDH is an abomination.

Competitive decks are decks made to win above all else. If there were sanctioned big tournaments of commander, it would be easier to say how much compeititve something is, but since there aren't, people usually consider what they think are the strongest decks out there. To me, they are usually combo decks that aims to win before turn 5.

Some of the Reddit cEDH people are actually competent and give good advice on making the top-tier decks. Then there's shitheads who want to take their draft common jank list and try and make it go head to head with the likes of Yisan and Sur

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to play cEDH

fresh

I see you are also an intellectual rick and morty conoisseur.

Often the idea is to break the symmetry of your stax effects like the aforementioned Teferi untapping permanents under stasis or winter orb. Grand Arbiter negating the tax on sphere of resistance is another example.

Anything that beats me.

>kess storm
>have sol ring and gilded lotus in play
>play isochron scepter+dramatic reversal
>"i play past in flames.."
>everybody scoops

I'm okay that they don't let me masturbate, but I guarantee I didn't have the win in hand, but probably would have found it after goldfishing for 10 minutes and making infinite mana.

The thing is, nobody wanted to sit through 10 minutes of you masturbating even if they knew you wouldn't win in the end.

Yea, Nemesis Wave for 50

>spend a moment assessing the game state
>determine I can't win
>and passing the turn from this point on will guarantee a loss
>start chaining rituals
>opponents scoop
heh

Alright, I was just playing on Cockatrice and the funniest, saltiest thing I have ever seen just happened

>Playing in a 3-way game
>Testing out Locust God deck (I REALLY like locusts.)
>One guy playing Daxos land-destruction
>One guy playing Slivers
>All seems fine for a while. Daxos kills Sliver's lands to stop him getting Overlord out.
>Sliver's fights back with land destruction of his own.
>be like MJ-eating-popcorn.gif
>Sliver's seems to be having fun, even if he is getting annoyed.
>I play Wheel of Fate and, a few turns later, manage to get out Locust God in order to get a fuckton of Locusts
>Daxos doesn't like this.
>In his turn, plays Balance.
>Sliver player points out Balance is banned (I didn't know.)
>Daxos: "So?"
>Slivers: "So? It's banned, you can't play it."
>Daxos "It's not banned in French"
>I step in.
>Me: "French is a 1vs1 format. Can you count how many players are here? If it's more than 2, then this isn't French."
>Daxos proceeds to kick Slivers from the game
>Daxos: "There, now it's french"
>I proceeded to shit a brick laughing and left.

Not the best story ever, but this has made my evening.

my sides

>HURR THATS BAANNED

I fucking hate autists. If I can't whip out my Academy and Moxen it's just not EDH. Call it what it is: Gay DH.

>tfw opponents chimp out when i cast tinker
why did they print it if I'm not supposed to play with it lol it's just a game bro!

I once played Wretched Confluence and dealt myself 3 damage drawing 3 cards so my friend didn't gain any lifelink healing which then let my other friend kill him exactly for the win, that's probably my favourite loss.

Close second was when someone cast Armaggedon and attacked with his only blocker, Ur Dragon, whilst I had only Loleth Troll out and 7 creatures in my hand, then killed him my turn and died to the other players due to having 0 cards in hand and 20 of my 37 lands in the graveyard

my friends have picked up on that scheme. I've done it a time or two, and one time we were rolling really hard and fucking drunk and my one buddy thought he had the game in hand. so he was like "fuck you. lets see it". so i just kept doing as much as i could, with 0 card draw spells available to me to get to a win condition.