Appologize to Age of Sigmar

You fuckers are posting trash like After two fucking years of being toxic babies you're posting shit like THEY MADE LORE BOOKS. YOU FUCKERS COMPLAINED THAT THEY MADE LOREBOOKS AND SCREAMED THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BUY IT.

You made up shit like "AoS is dead because the limited edition is available after 2 months, 40k limited editions sell out in a week" meanwhile games-workshop.com/en-US/Codex-Space-Marines-hb-2017-ltd-ENG is still out after six months.

Apologize and buy the fucking lorebooks
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Book-ENG
games-workshop.com/en-US/Realmgate-Wars-Quest-for-Ghal-Maraz
games-workshop.com/en-US/Realmgate-Wars-Balance-of-Power
games-workshop.com/en-US/Realmgate-Wars-3-Godbeasts-HB-EN
games-workshop.com/en-US/Realmgate-Wars-4-All-Gates-Hardback-ENG

If you're cheap they're on the mega
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

AoS>Campaigns>Realmgate Wars

They're there in PDF or Epub.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hnfo-cegsG4
icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38061/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-spring-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dumping the rest of the covers because fuck it, maybe the pretty pictures will sate you faggots

The entire summer of 2015 you fuckers were constantly going on about how you would never buy the book because it didn't have rules in it (it did) and because you never bought it we've had 2+ years of "aos has no lore" and occasionally some fucking slug slithers into a LGS and whines that the old world blew up.

News fucking flash if you're slithering in two years late to the party you're part of the problem, you didn't actively participate in WHFB so you don't get to complain that a company sacked a dead product.

Damn, we got a Catagory 5 Bootyblasting here

Look man, I like AoS, I like the setting. But even I think this thread is retarded.

>Lorebook
>Follows formula of "and then the stormcast defeated this and this and this and this"

Okay a serious question what relevance lore has to a tabletop game? If it doesn't have rules attached to it then it's of tertiary interest at best.

No, because they killed one of my favorite settings and use the remains to make something lack luster/something that doesn't gel with me personally.

Fuck off.

seriously, I like some parts, I really do, but the fact that it is built on ashes really turns me off.

not trying to threadcrap, but what IS Age of Sigmar in relation to Warhammer?

Wew. We have a new red shirt here guys. Did your boss told you to post this here or you don't get your lunch break?

meh, I'll wait for GW to blow up this setting too and catch the next one.

No, the setting is shit, the aesthetics are shit and they killed a setting I like for it, in a manner that shat on all its fans.

I hope AoS drowns and dies and takes its """fans""" with it. If that includes GW (though I doubt it), so be it.

>apologize to the setting that ruined warhammer fantasy

Go home Carnac and take your Chaos fetishism with you.

After the "End times" (comicbook tier apocalypse wank for Old World) the planet was razed to oblivion by Chaos. The after some time new Mortal RealmsĀ© were born because Magic. They're infinitely lare, but not.
The inhabitants of these realms happen to look like those of the Old World because reasons (they didn't want to start bew range from scratch, so only ditched some half of the old). Oh, and Sigmar and some of the popular characters in the old game are living gods now.
Then Chaos fucks up things again, Sigmar (the old Empire's founder and protector, who is some bearded dude now living in Celestial realm) holes up and after building his forces for a long time tries to conquer the Mortal Realms back from Chaos.

I'll never apologize to AoS or any GW game.

But your thread made me smile. Thank you user.

what's my man louen up to? or did he just get melted

>the planet was razed to oblivion by Chaos

No, it wasn't. The core of the world survived.

>The after some time new Mortal RealmsĀ© were born because Magic.

The Winds of Magic manifested into 8 realms.

>The inhabitants of these realms happen to look like those of the Old World because reasons

Because either they are the descendants of the survivors of the End Times or have had their souls reincarnated on the Realms.

>Oh, and Sigmar and some of the popular characters in the old game are living gods now.

Which they were in the End Times by being Incarnates.

>who is some bearded dude now living in Celestial realm

That's not Sigmar. That's Karl Franz's corpse that's Sigmar's soul is possessing.

>Then Chaos fucks up things again,

Chaos did nothing wrong.

Had his head cut off by Nurglitte doctor character after defeating Ku'gath with his blood.

oh

it's like the follow-up to the "why are you shitting on my plate? how do you know it's shit, it's not out yet comic" only now there's a stinking turd on the plate and the waiter-autist is screeching "look at poopy APOLOGISE"

The bretonnians went out swinging, at least. It's a bittersweet kind of feel to have them as the last surviving human kingdom in the old world, and even more to have their final story literally never get told.

Ride to ruin, and the world's ending.

>That's not Sigmar. That's Karl Franz's corpse that's Sigmar's soul is possessing.

No, its actually sigmar. Every reference to sigmar in age of sigmar he is either in some sort of spirit form or in the form of a man, for which there is no mention whatsoever of karl franz.

If you were a Warhammer Fantasy fan than you knew that the world was doomed and always 5 min till midnight. They just finally decided to push the story to it.
The setting is still there. It may not be supported or expanded anymore but you still can use it for anything, just look at Total War, Vermintide or upcoming 4th edition of WFRP. Even GW is not neglecting the old setting, they're re-releasing through the Black Library many of the old Warhammer Fantasy novels via Warhammer Chronicles series.

Don't get me wrong, Warhammer Fantasy was and still is my second favourite fantasy setting ever (Discworld is #1, but that's totally different stuff)

>some of the popular characters in the old game are living gods now
Wait, some of the actual mortal characters are gods now? Which ones?

It is Sigmar's soul inside Karl Franz's body.

Remember that Karl/Sigmar fell into the void and then clung to the core of the old world before Dracthoian found him and took him to the Realms.

>for which there is no mention whatsoever of karl franz.

Because there is no point in mentioning the name of someone who has died aeons ago.

>The bretonnians went out swinging, at least.

They betrayed their oath to the Lady and abandoned the final alliance

Sigmar, Nagash, Tyrion, Teclis, Alarielle and Malerion, who used to be Malekith but we don't know what happened beside copyrights issues.
Also there is Gorkamorka who is Gork and Mork.
Some Chaos characters are still around.
And some undead due to Nagash raising them back from his memories or something.

Oh, and Morathi is still around but we don't know what's her deal.

>muh ashes of WHFB

GW made more money on brushes than the Fantasy range. No-one player or bought anything.

Alarielle, Malekith (Who renamed himself to "Malerion" Since he was actually right all along), Tyrion and Teclis I think, and, while not a god, Morathi's still around. A few chaos characters are alive still too, most notably Archaon and Thanqol. Nagash is also not dead, and while Neferata, Mannfred and Arkhan still have models, they're not the SAME Mannfred, Neferata and Arkhan, I think nagash remade them from his memories or something.
Oh, and Toadman supreme is still in existence and overpowered as all hell

I always just assumed that Malekith changed his name cause he wanted it to sound more like Anerion.

Maybe. We don't know at this point. We still need to wait for some Ulgu lore to learn more about him.

>Teclis I think, and, while not a god,

He is a god of magic. Confirmed in a short story focusing on a man visiting the Pantheon of Gods.

> Thanqol.

Wasn't mentioned at all but probably still around as the leader of the Masterclan.

No, the "Not a god part" was about Morathi

I believe this
>while not a god
was about Morathi

My mistake. A bit dozy

>They betrayed their oath to the Lady and abandoned the final alliance
>Not betraying an elf goddess that played your people for elfkind wellbeing and letting the other elves slaughter and hunt your people for sport at the literal end of the world while she prepares to save the elves
Fuck the lady!

Sigmar freely changes between spirit and man in age of sigmar, he's not karl franz you dumb fuck, he doesn't change into a possessed corpse every time he wants to be in his incarnate form.

Fuck her and her retarded schemes

>Oh No! the knights I actively encouraged to be headstrong and prideful turned out to be headstrong and prideful.
>WHODA-FUCKING-THUNKIT! Who could've possibly predicted such a turn of events!?

Maybe a fucking goddess of fucking prophecy. Hell! Maybe anyone with two functioning brain cells to fucking rub together. The fucking gall of her!

Him astral projecting doesn't change the fact that he is riding the corpse of Franz, dawg.

He ain't though. If Gorkamorka can have a body (Or two) then so can he

And? Them choosing to abandon the lady for her lies is a pretty big fuckin deal, and separating from the superfriends to die on their own terms means they kept their strength of character.

Sort of like how the tomb kangz and the lizardmen ended things, now that I think of it.

The lizardmen had to go back to their home planet.
They're KINDA still around, but their method of reproduction is different

You know that oaths are suppose to be fulfilled no matter what?

>Ghal Maraz and Runefang five times as big as they actually are
Endtards in charge of Art, everyone

Man, reading that thread I see some mindboggingly stupidity on the Nay side.

Like the greywater one. Nigga, my city was founded because there was clay next to it. Nearby resources are one of the top reasons a city's founded.

It's a good thing Bretonnians weren't 'Lawful Stupid' then and recognized a duplicitous cunt for what she was. They'd willingly, happily followed her and bled for her cause they had honestly believed that she embodied everything they admired. A two-faced, lying bitch was not that so she can go fuck herself.

Actually, knights breaking their oaths of fealty is a thing that happened. Especially when their lord was unjust or failed in their responsibilities.

Lileath was undeserving of the bretonnian's oath, and was abandoned for her transgressions. I'm not really sure what she fucking thought would happen.

Huh, weird. Thanks, though

No, no it wasn't you gigantic faglord. 40k was constantly away two minutes from midnight. WHFB was fine. It was building up to the greatest Chaos invasion yet, which was beaten back. Chaos is not the insufferable unbeatable turbo edgelord forum-rpg faction that absolutely always wins in WHFB. This is a retarded meme that only got pushed the retarded Chaosfags at GW and FW. The idea that chaos will inevitably win is so retarded that Alan Bligh got REEEE'D out by the community and his big chaos mastubatory FW project rightfully strangled in the crib.
WHFB had absolutely no reason to go down the drain, the setting actually kicked the bestest and greatest and most specialest Everchosen in the balls and Grimgork sent him home with his microdick between his legs. End Times was the equivalent of a butthurt DM screeching "NO, FUCK YOU! LAST TEN SESSIONS NEVER HAPPENED" and then railroading the story to Chaos victory

Alarielle doesn't really care about elves anymore. More about treeple. I'm not sure what teclis is about, but tyrion is the magic guy. Malerion is in charge of elves as a whole.
Other stuff I know about Sigmar's pantheon are:
Sigmar dropped his war god mantle so he could have more time being in charge.
Grungi is around and doing... things
Grimnir is RIP
Nagash used to be the death god of the pantheon, but no one liked him even then
Gorkamorka used to be in but he got bored of it and left.
I'm pretty sure gorkamorka is somehow the god of beasts. This is speculation though

What you are saying is false and we have the fluff to prove it, both old and new.

As well as interviews from original authors in which KY-OS is stated to eventual and ultimate victor in warhams.

>but tyrion is the magic guy

Tyrion is the blind god of light.

>I'm not sure what teclis is about

A god of magic and knowledge

>Malerion is in charge of elves as a whole.

He isn't.

>Sigmar dropped his war god mantle so he could have more time being in charge.

He did because being a war god led him being soundly defeated by Archaon.

Didn't Malekith become the Phoenix king in the end times? I assumed that carried over

It didn't. That title has no meaning in AoS.

Malerion rules Ulgu. He has no authority over the Aelves living Hysh or Azyr.

>The physical and spiritual corruption of the races engineered by the Old Slann will ultimately destroy them. Even creatures created by the forces of Chaos are doomed to extinction. For, with Chaos' final triumph, all life will decay into a seething mass of protoplasm in which lost and screaming souls float helplessly, enduring the forms thrust upon them by the uncaring gods of Chaos. But the victory of Chaos, although certain, may be delayed - for Lawful and other non-Chaotic void creatures will strive to protect their own identities and ideals. With the victory of Chaos, they too will be swept back into the voids to rejoin the identities from which they were created as the gateways fell.

-WFRP 1st edition p. 268

youtube.com/watch?v=Hnfo-cegsG4

*whistle*

Forgot my picture

Post proofs

>WFRP
>And 1st Edition no less
Are you using FFG lore for arguments too? Maybe Dawn of War and Mark of Chaos?

The two post above yours.

WHRP is where the setting got its deeper fluff. The fact that some of the fluff changed over the years doesn't matter because the set foundations of the settings remained the same until the setting ended. One of those foundations is the ultimate victory of Chaos.

>The idea that chaos will inevitably win is so retarded that Alan Bligh got REEEE'D out by the community and his big chaos mastubatory FW project rightfully strangled in the crib.

Source this. I doubt its true. WHFBfags are notorious liars,

Sigmarines remain a disproportionate and overdesigned faction with still no clear direction

The mortal realms are still tremendously unfleshed out as are pretty much of all the factions as they barely have content adding depth further than the introductory paragraph

The relevant background still focuses on superhero plots rather than army plots

The art is still underwhelming on average

The best parts of the settings are where the setting doesn't exist so you can put whatever you fancy and where it carries on the feelings of the old world

Why would I have to apologise if nothing changed?
also those are not lorebooks, they narrate specific events instead of painting with broad strokes the setting as a whole, because that's a lorebook and you can't have that because there's still not enough lore yet
it will reach the point where there is, I'm confident of it, but if it keeps pretending the more it distances from warhammer fantasy the better it will be, it will remain shit, just in a larger pile.

if you want to post art, at least post the few good pieces

I fucking love the Everchosen art.

>Apologising to a dead game
Nah I'll relish on it's rotten corpse

If Age of Sigmar is a dead game to you, I'm curious as to what you consider "Alive"

so, it is Exalted by way of Warhammer?

>Most of this year have been 40k non stop
>AOS got a book and 5-6 kits
>AOS general is a wasteland
>No support to most of its armies
>Marines got an update to their range yet again
>Most armies in 40k got updated and more will be updated in the next month's
>AOS haven't updated most of it's armies
>Necromunda eclipsed completely shadowspire
>in my area the last AOS players changed to 40k or a fantasy group that still plays the thing along Mordeheim

They have no method of reproduction. Only the Slann suvived the end times, by fucking off in spaceships. They were found by Dracothion, the star-dragon, and guided to the heavens of Azyr. From there they shape magic into the memories of lizardmen that served them in the past world. Those lizardmen unlike chaos demons can stay corporeal on their own, but they are technically daemons of Order.

>Grungi is around and doing... things
the Spear of Shadows book strongly implies he's now the fucking god of JamesBondism, what with organizing secret service (for all intents) to grab the Eight lamentations.

Not astral projection; he literally just takes another form, like norse gods do.

I like AoS but its still made for 13 year olds.

Slowely it will mature, but only with the 2015 plan in mind. Expect it to be a great game near 2020, not so much before.

Shadespire was blown into life to let the adult community see GW can great massive tactical depth if they want to. They just dont want to with AoS yet. Meanwhile 40k is cool, has some issues but not as much as WarmaHordes for example.

>News fucking flash if you're slithering in two years late to the party you're part of the problem, you didn't actively participate in WHFB so you don't get to complain that a company sacked a dead product.
The only part of this embarrassing episode that makes sense desu senpai, GW squatted Fantasy because it wasn't selling well and complaining that a company stopped selling that product you never bought makes no sense, particularly since if you loved it so much you can still play it.

The rest is stupid though, the lore is garbage, the names are stupid and no amount of book is going to make Bloodsecrator not sound like a dethklok song.

>Fantasy was dying because of the fans meme

Yeah definitely wasn't two whole editions of extreme mishandling of the game and poor support.

Definitely wasn't Kirby pulling support instead of making any effort to fix things.

If I had to pinpoint why it died I'd say it was boring overly long games and army size creep meaning you needed to paint some ungodly number of boring identical spearmen to put an army together.

I'm not blaming the fans for not buying it, I'm stating without blame that GW discontinued a ded gaem that not enough people actually wanted and that, positively in my eyes, unlike a lot of other companies would have they at least gave it a last hurrah before retiring it.

However, some of the complaining rings hollow when I'm pretty damn sure a good number of the complainers never bought the game and were never going to, they just liked having it around.

>If I had to pinpoint why it died I'd say it was boring overly long games
>Still more active than AOS in Europe

I play every week, and I'll be damned if I ever take part in the retarded shit that is competitive play. Fuck events, fuck tournaments.

>A book.

It got Disciples of Tzeentch, SCE MK II, Blades of Khorne and Kharadron overlords, clocking alltogether a total of 30 kits. This is not taking into account the additional supplements like path to glory or firestorm nor shadespire.

>>Still more active than AOS in Europe

I'm sure you have intensive data on that.

why are Sigmarlets still making these threads? We all know Age of Sigmar as it currently is is absolute shit and that this will likely not improve, so that GW will make END TIMES II: ELECTRIC BOGALOO and reinstate the old world, saying it was all a dream or something similar retarded

Why are fantashits still hoping it will be just a dream? Are you guys that desperate?

At some point I'd like to try and get my hands on a Brettonian force and slowly build it up.

Hence I'm wondering, which units were plastic? Because if all of their cavalry was metal, that means I could basically buy them off ebay, dunk them in acetone and start again without any risk whatsoever.

Thanks for any help.

The entire army were metals if memory serves right. Brettonia was the lovechild of the perry brothers, when they left nobody was interested in doing arturian knights.

DEAAAATH!

>nobody was interested in doing arturian knights.

How sinful.

There were a lot of plastics too. The Men at arms, and some of the knights, I think.

>Necromunda eclipsed completely shadowspire.

Well, it's not hard to eclipse something that doesn't exist. On the other hand shadespire is a hit in my local area, growing almost exponentially. Could be "circumstancial" evidence, I know, but on the other hand the metro area where I live has a solid community.

Which knights exactly? Those will probably be the hardest to find and to strip, hence why I'm cautious, because that'll be troublesome if I have to pay 3 times the price of the original box for a bunch of plastic dudes that may be fucked up to constitute the main force, my wallet won't survive.

I think Knights Errant and KotR had plastic kits at some point.
You could just go ham like me and put together a Bretonnian army consisting mostly of Gamezone minis.

>TFW AoS will never have art as grand and gritty as this

There is a subtle but important difference between Chaos inevitably winning, and that victory being imminent. The latter idea only really became prominent with the introduction of Archaon and the idea that he would be the one who would lead Chaos to it's victory

Fuck me those are experiensive, albeit much more modern and crisp. At least it would restrain me to paint all the models before buying new ones. Do you have any pics of you army by any chance?

I mean, gritty, no. The atmosphere has changed, but there are a few art pieces here and there that could be considered grand.

>"AoS is dead
Yes, everywhere oustide of GW stores
icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38061/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-spring-2017

To be fair, it's right there behind X-Wing, Warmahorder, Infinity, Malifaux, Guildball, Kings of War, Saga, Dropnoun commander, Batman Miniature Game...

>some dnd joke-tier shit is selling better than armada
It's hard to believe desu