>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_wreath
knowyourmeme.com/memes/orange-transparent-chainsaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need to mount a rider on a dragon for a kitbash. Where can I find a good rider in platemail without paying for a whole box? I just need one, but I haven't been able to find just the rider on any mini sites.

Which model is it?

I was probably going to use one of the black dragons from Reaper. I'm trying to make a vampire lord on undead dragon for KoW, but I don't like the model from Mantic, and I don't really think the dragon needs to look half rotten.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_wreath

Gorkamorka guy I'm working on tonight. Having a little think about the visor. Either blending orange and blue like the land scape or going for a neon shiny orange.

I have the case for different reasons, so the possibility of putting my minis in it is just a bonus.

I'll hunt for fitting foam from some foam manufacturer.

I hear about Battlefoam and Sabol a lot, but has anyone tried the trays from Pirate Labs? They use much higher density foam, seems like it would be nicer.

Finally came up with a colour I like for my chadmarines (this product tested on manlets)

I'm thinking of giving the pauldrons and/or kneepads a different colour, any ideas?

Dark green?

That did cross my mind...

Purely coincidental choice of course.

Thoughts on this color scheme?

I dig it.

Why do the threads keep getting killed?

How would I go about painting very agitated sore skin?

I'm not looking for like dead flesh or "nurgle", but like abrasions that are all over from constant fighting and armor or clothing rubbing against skin.

I was thinking of trying to kitbash some GSC aberrants using bloodletter bodies for that creepy lithe look and just throwing some nid heads on top, but how should I do the arms? I was looking at genestealer arms, tyranid warrior arms, or bloodletter arms but I'm unsure. I think they all could potentially work, especially if I used some extended carapace parts to hide the joints.

Also where can I source good power picks and power hammers? I can't find any bits shops that still have WHFB dward miner arms/weapons in stock and I think trying to carve the fat termie hands off of their power hammers might be too much work. Any advice?

They don't, they just fall off the board when new ones are created and when we have reached the bump limit while being on page 10 with 300 posts or more.

Or this.

I'd say mix a little bit of white with a pale red and dry brush it. Its worth a shot at least.

Will they have transparent orange chainsaws?

I like this one, but I may be a bit biased... green is my favorite color.

>Why do the threads keep getting killed?

Like said, they aren't getting *killed*, we're just reaching our bump limit faster than usual - probably because of all the Secret Santa excitement (confirmations, unboxing, and what-have-you).

Not sure how well it would look on a mini, but if you wanted some realistic rashes maybe just add a bit of a thick coat of a darker red in an oval shape, they wipe the middle out once half dried to create a slightly textured ring. then repaint the middle with a lighter red, possibly wash with a purple?

healslut/10

I like the Green more, but it could use some more color variation for the pipes and other gubbins.

user that's not a normal rash

Sorry, I'm not used to someone not making a new one right before it ends I guess

Got bored painting gold, yellow, and red armor so decided to paint black again (beauty of blood angels and their different colour armor.)

Trying to use blue glaze highlights on black armor. Not sure what colour to make the cloth hanging between the legs.

Looks cool in a drawing but I think it could be a touch busy on a small model

AoS Dwarf Cannon Crews come with suitable tools, but not enough in one kit to outfit a full unit. Fyreslayers have war picks and plenty of dispossessed have hammers, but I don't know if they looking enough like mining tools for your dudes.

yeah its not like an itchy rash its a skateboarding injury. I guess just drybrush pink for like lighter itchy rashes.

Hmm. Alright, thanks. I'll just play around with a bit of sprue.

Did the filename give that way?

I mean I don't think nurgles followers hang off the sides of land raiders to get sick friction burns
I assumed it was more disease and infection and shit

found a lead: Deathwatch kill team thunder hammers.

That could be a good start, any other leads?

Higher density means harder foam. Foam is there to be soft to cushion the impacts during transit.

?

>not looking for like dead flesh or "nurgle", but like abrasions that are all over from constant fighting and armor or clothing rubbing against skin

Kids these days don't know about Orange Transparent Chainsaws....

Oh
whoops

knowyourmeme.com/memes/orange-transparent-chainsaw

way to intense (and big) highlights man, it registers as grey.

It's a bit rough around the edges but there's promises here, keep going my man. If you progress on that one as fast as you did for the other, it'll be a pleasure to watch again.

What a shit meme

You're a shit meme!

t.newfag
Go back to 9gag and take your shit taste with you.

help.. im in too deep!

Shut your whore mouth

Turn away from the computer and look at your (potential) paint rack instead. That's the hues you will be working with, that's what will have to look ok together.

>go back to 9gag
"orange transparent chainsaw" is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect to see on 9gag.
Part of growing up is realizing the things you laughed at as a kid aren't actually funny.

This is the most reddit post I've ever seen in my life

I think you're being cruel to Reddit there.

>more bogeymen
Sorry I don't still laugh at randum xD shit

You're on a blue board. All blue boards are reddit with Veeky Forums aesthetics.

The Metalica one is good, the rest will look muddy and/or jumbled and indistinct on an actual mini

Will Monday see a new bunch of SS posts?

Hopefully we'll see my recipient's on Wednesday

yes.

Why the fuck does a Daemon Prince take so long to paint?

3 hours later I'm still doing the first layer.

I'm hoping because no one's mentioned anything regarding my address so

Boy, I hope so.

Which Daemon Prince model, user?

Normal one with wings. doing him Khornate so had basecoated and washed him in a previous session (which still took a fair amount of time) but holy shit now the first layer is being careful to paint raised muscles n shit. It's 1am and still have a wing and a half to do. I'm tired but I can't leave him half-done.

Working on the centrepiece model for my small chaos cult

dreading pinning all the tentacles so might leave it for today/the week

I mean, I'm still waiting on the unboxing of my package from a Middlesbrough user, so I hope so.

Buy an airbrush...

Man I hope so, it's fun to see what other people have got and given. Man I hope my stuff gets here before I leave for a month on Thursday

My stuff is being sent on Saturday but it's arriving before Christmas because I'm a shill and paying for the dank mailing.

Inb4 it's not a Christmas thing, I know this...i can't send it sooner :/

Who's your user, user?

RN from Glendale .CA, I've been trying to find out if he's in fire danger for a few threads. Santanon is confirming for me tho now

Based on the current maps, he should be fine. The fires move south-west with the sanata ana winds. Might have been evacuated due to a near by fire, but again dude should be fine. It's weird but since it's an annual thing, I've become kind of numb to the whole california fires stuff after having grown up in socal

Holy cow! I actually quoted that line this morning. I can't remember what the context was, though.

>An M.I. lives by his suit the way a K-9 man lives by and with and on his doggie partner. Powered armor is one-half the reason we call ourselves "mobile infantry" instead of just "infantry." (the other half are the spaceships that drop us and the capsules we drop in.) Our suits give us better eyes, better ears, stronger backs (to carry heavier weapons and more ammo), better legs, more intelligence ("intelligence" in the military meaning; a man in a suit can be just as stupid as anybody else - only he had better not be!), more firepower, greater endurance, less vulnerability.
>
>A suit isn't a space suit - although it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor - although the Knights of the Round Table were not armored as we are. It isn't a tank - but a single M.I. private could take on a squadron of those things and knock them off unassisted if anybody was silly enough to put tanks against M.I. A suit is not a ship, but it can fly a little - on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight against a man in a suit except by saturation bombing the area he is in (like burning down a house to get one flea!). Contrariwise we can do many things that no ship - air, submersible, or space - can do.

Did he even acknowledge that he'd got it? I'm very curious to see if the person he got as recipient has even received anything from him, I know the kind of people who live around here and I wouldn't be surprised if he's completely stiffed them and just wanted free shit.

My match told that he can only send his SS this week.
So, maybe next week?

Are you upset you’re getting communication from your sender
What the actual fuck, dude

Not actual communication, he just posted at a previous thread.
And no, i am not upset. Just a bit tense.

Not even an acknowledgment, which kinda bums me. I paid for the extra fast delivery and I double check, it has been delivered. I stay hopeful, but it's been a few days now. At least the user that sent me something knows that I won't be able to actually get my hands on it for about 2 weeks at least.

Got 30 of these guys left to build, any suggestions for some kitbashing/converting? Was thinking of making one a Commissar Grot

Thing is, I don't know who whe was supposed to send stuff to. Maybe I should ask santanon to check with his designated receiver.

And if we're honest, it's not like I got grinched, I know I have a gift waiting for me from a nice user. It just seems I got paired with a rather ungrateful user, maybe?

Indiananon, something came up and I didn't get to ship your gift right away like I said, so it might come a day later than expected
Still shouldn't take too long

putting some Normans together, pretty comfy over here

Have you looked at the Grot revolution army in one of the recent WD?

Are you Vegas user? Because if you are, I have your gift packed up and ready to go. I just can't get to a post office for a couple days. Shipping should get it there long before Christmas though.

Have him standing on stilts or mechanical legs as he convinces the rest he is a warboss 'cause "he's da tallest."

>I dub thee Mudjha-Grot

y'all need to calm the fudge down over this SS business, the number of posts I've seen demonising...

1. The Sender
>Nothing from my SS, have I been jewed, what the FUCK, it's like the 11th of December, tfw grinched by a rat

2. The recipient
>The parcel said it was delivered, why the fuck haven't they posted pictures or said thanks you, what the fuck, fucking ungrateful prick

I haven't seen a single post like that. I see posts worrying that their user didn't get their gift, or if they will get theirs soon, or when they should expect them. I don't think anyone is being a dick about it.

cool normans user! Are they for saga?

I mea, people fraking over not getting anything yet is pushing it. But when you know your stuff has been delivered, I don't think expecting a quick thank you, a picture or a least an acknowledgement is too much.

Saga?

Mr. M from Whitman your package is *expected* to arive Tuesday by 8 o' clock.

Obligatory.

Unfortunately not, would love to play but there is no one around. People play 40k a bunch round here but no historical stuff, sucks.

Look like 5 posts up