Skaven should be at times Cute

Not all the time of course. Often they should be fearsome, nasty or disgusting. But there are times in which they should be cute in their skaveny way. Rats are cute, skaven are rats, ergo Skaven are Cute.

People who deny this are just edgelords of the highest order who can't understand that this setting was never meant to be 100% serious all the time. The existence (be it hypothetical or otherwise) of people who go too far the other way does not invalidate this fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-84UJpYFRM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skaven are not rats.

your concept of cute is tainted by being a furfaggot, begone
skaven cuteness is achieved through grimderp and goblin-like behaviour,
anything else is shit

When a rat skitters across the floor to plunder a nearby rubbish bin it's not trying to be cute, it's trying to get food. If you find it cute then that's a personal matter.

When a Skaven army skittering across the underway to plunder a nearby Dwarf hold it's also not making any attempt at cuteness, it's ostensibly trying to get some warpstone/fresh dwarfy specimens/food/Bugman's ale. If you don't find this cute, then that's also a personal matter.

To have Skaven go out of their way to be cute would actually make them a lot less like rats.

>People who deny this are just edgelords of the highest order who can't understand that this setting was never meant to be 100% serious all the time

Yes

Scribeslave is my friend. I want to give him headpats. Even at the risk of fingers.

Well according to They're not. So there.

Mice are cute.
Rats are not.

t. mous

Science disagrees with you

youtube.com/watch?v=d-84UJpYFRM

As a furfaggot, I have to say no, God no, absolutely not, 300% no.
Skaven society is petty evil cranked up to eleven. Theirs is a race so irredemably vile, that Redwall's vermin would rather be off feeding the helpless and poor than be in the same room with one. This is a race that would make Saruman give a concerned look, that is only "functioning" due to their high birth rate. This is what makes Skaven, Skaven, and not just evil rat people. This is also why people like me find them endearing, because they consistantly out-evil Chaos.

Take their adamant cruelty and narcissism away, even for a moment, and they stop being Skaven.

Mice are amelly, disgusting faggots that are so fucking stupid that half of them can't even figure out how an automatic watering system works.

I mean, fuck, the rats can figure this shit out. Mice are goddamn retarded and my employed ass is going to have to euthanase a couple hundred of these dumb shits next week.

Skaven are cute

This brings back memories.

Also yes. They are cute. The happy rat at the bottom shows this

When living with humans, most animals quickly learn that deliberately being cute is the best way to get food, and cats and dogs are psychologically hardwired to be cute because of how long they've been domesticated

Fuck off furfag

Vermin only serves purpose as sacrifice to chotec

Remove furry

>cute
The only ‘cute’ thing about those monsters is that they think screaming for mercy will stop me

Yet scalie is okay?

Skaven are quite literally the worst aspects of humanity and rats mixed into a horrible, shitstained melting pot and amplified to the absurd by the corrupting influence of Chaos.
There is nothing cute about them, there should never be anything cute about them. They are selfish, terrible, insatiable hatemachines. Any attempt at cutifying in-universe them is betraying their idea and their point. They are a twisted mockery of civilzation, the worst aspects of the civilized races turned up beyond reason and frankly they should be eradicated, their putrid nests burned and their abominable spawn thrice-cursed and fed to Sotek.

Yes, and that's cute.

what is this, a reasonable furfag?

WHAT SORCERY HATH BEFALLEN THIS BEING?

Poqenichi, get the maquahuitl

Hardly, but I won't have no fa/tg/uys befuddling my Skaven.

>They are selfish, terrible, insatiable hatemachines
I knew a girl like that once. She was cute too.

I wonder if they have a problem with rampart mental illnesses. Given a lifetime of abuse and drugs they sure should have.

Those look more like hamsters than rats.
Especially the hamster ogre.

Honestly, it would actually benefit them.
>Paranoid rat able to avoid more backstabbing
>Schizo rat able to claim favor of the Horned Rat
>Downie rat able to live a blissfully ignorant life
>Autist rat gets tard strength and obsessive focus
>gender dysphoric rat kept around as an oddity or a court jester

I like Miltion. Best guy on 3rd floor. The kind of guy you'd have a beer with.

I feel it is self-defeating. You want to show a good side to the Skaven by representing them as cute. But this doesn't attack the fundamental problem: the sociobiological meme that "beauty=good" and "ugly=evil." It is as pointless as making orcs green elves with tusks. You haven't made orcs good you've just made them not orcs.This is why I don't have nonhuman mortal creatures in my campaigns. Instead, hags and such are children who have been abandoned for deformity and disease who were raised in the wild by amoral spirits.

>Lizard-cucks mad their ugly scaled asses will never be furry and adorable

Haha scurry-flee to Pyramid-things and fuck off again

I like the Total War version. They are ugly, deranged and full of spite without being 100% grimderp. Plus it's always good fun to invade Ulthuan and watch as the graceful ancient elven cities are turned into overcrowded warrens full of rat shit and starving rodents. I enjoy playing gobbos for the same reasons.

>They are ugly, deranged and full of spite without being 100% grimderp.

Also cute.

>"mrrrgh, MOVE! Fur Wet!"

that rat ogre seems to be doing the CHAD pose

He would be pretty Chad if not for the fact that he lacks dick.

I don't think this is about showing them in a positive light or making good skaven. It's about making their evilness and megalomania cute and endearing because most of the time their grandiose plans fall apart before they even get off the ground.

He has bit of a hard exterior, but once you get through his shell, he is a really soft guy.

Why cant you fucks agree that cuteness is not something thats set in stone but is subjective in every shape and form?

I have a pet mouse and I think hes adorable
My pet birds are loud puffy chatterboxes and i love em
I have a pet lizard whos a gorgeous cutie
My tortoise is undeniably "awww" inducing
Even my fucking fish are cute

when you all learn that theres hidden attractiveness in everything, you will finally achieve true zen

This, I’ve never found rats cute and it’s honestly baffling people could find them so.

The sorcery of a rat based sextuple post

You may suffer from autism

no

it’s honestly baffling that there are people who don't find rats cute

Read the OP faggot. It makes no mention of Skaven's evilness. It talks about rats being cute.

While rats are cute, Skaven are not rats.

Retard, none of those things are fucking Skaven.

Pull your head out of your ass.

This makes so much sense that OP will neither read it nor acknowledge it.

It disproves their argument so thoroughly that her only choice is to completely ignore it and hope the collective consciousness will ignore it as well.

watching this video really activated my almond

scribe-slave is cute-cute

But I wanna pat the rat.

Rats are sociable, empathetic, and clean animals. It's only due to their environment they get dirty, and only due to external pressures like starvation or disease they become the fearsome vermin that humanity culturally fears. If you were sick, starving, and packed five men deep in a tight dark space you'd probably be pretty fucked up too.

I just want a fantasy race that treats rats and other 'vermin' as they are, not as they are thought of in popular conscious. Which is why i'm making one.

Go post about 'em here.

I don't know what about menial tasks in skaven society is so humorous, but I just about died laughing at this.

All beastfolk races are cute in their bestial ways. Begone, normie.

That's the thing though, Skaven are sick, starving, and overcrowded, and surrounded by enemies.

A person I know who’s worked with both strongly prefers rats to mice. Mice are bitey fuckers who are often handled by their tails, IIRC, whereas rats are pretty chill, friendly critters.

To be honest, skaven society is that way mainly due to their horrendous birth rate

No, their society is that way because they are a twisted product of malignant magic. They aren't like Beastmen, where some of them are just mutants that might, MIGHT be able to resist the dark parts of their nature with proper upbringing. Skaven aren't rotten to the core, there was never anything but blackness there.

They aren't like Beastmen, where some of them are just mutants that might, MIGHT be able to resist the dark parts of their nature with proper upbringing.

I have no clue where you got that idea from. Beastmen don't have a "dark part" which they can overcome, they are products of chaos. The only difference between them and skaven is that they are more bestial and thus arguably less dangerous.

Bollocks. Many Beastmen are just wrongborn and mutants, cut loose in the forests where they grow up feral. In fact, Ungor are just that for the most part. We also know that Beastmen are very much capable of sympathy, empathy and benevolence, with some of them caring for each other or even nursing abandoned children. Some of them are products of pure malignance and Chaos, most Gor are, not to mention shit like Morghur, probably Khazarak, not to mention those that worship Chaos completely. Beasts turned upright are also probably just fucked and evil. But many of them are also the unfortunate, the dregs, the wretched and the abandoned.
Compare that to Skaven that were quite literally created by a direct act of corrupted magic, driven by a dark hunger and pure spite of everything and utterly incapable of any form of cooperation or mercy. You have to be an abberant to leave any back at all unstabbed, which always proves to be their undoing without fail.

Needs more scabies.

They will raise ones narked by the gods, purebred human children are sacrificed butched and eaten after they've been tortured for infomation.

That's why Queek was best rat.

Skaven are quite capable of cooperation, they are the twisted reflection of civilization after all, they grow, invent, learn, teach, domesticate and build, though for utterly srlfish readons every one and all.

Beastmen on the other hand are literally banes of civilization, with them everything is a downwards spiral, defilement, desolation, degeneration, desecration, devolution, never any act of creation or ascention, always just move in the basest direction.

This guy gets it.

Is queek a blackfur actually?

You don't have to take away the evil narcissism, making such awful creatures cute would be hilarious.

Cute rat person holding a bloody knife sitting on a pile of his "friends'" bodies he made to help him reach a pile of warpstone. He just can't quite reach as he grasps the air in the direction of the warpstone, obviously he needs more "friends".

>Not just standing on their shoulders or using a ladder
What a dork.

But would Skaven enjoy belly rubs and being called nice ratto?

I mean they all desperately want praise and attention so...
Maybe?

Skritt-Skratt just wants a bellyrub. He swears he won't stab-stab.

i miss old Veeky Forums
what the hell happened

Now that's tricky. If you'll rub his belly his twin brother Skratt-Skritt is going to stab-stab you. If you rub Skratt-Skritt's belly instead Skritt-Skratt is going to stab-stab you.

Skritt-Skratt is a lying shit who will stab-stab me if I ever stop rubbing.

I guess that's why Skritt-Skratt stab-stabs manthings. Poor little fella just needed some affection.

did a 14 year old write this? you should feel ashamed

This

I'm not him but if you go and look at all the skaven r34 almost all of it is just rats with tits and that makes me angry. I might be a degenerate but I like my shit accurate to the lore.

>what the hell happened
The same thing that happened to most of the internet. There used to be a time when you could play online games and interact with people amicably and you'd add them or they'd add you and you'd establish a network of friends to do shit with.

That died. It all died. Everything polarized. Everything became about tribal strife and schism. Everything became about the negative and the positive was smothered.

The world has been largely consumed by madness.

Skaven ARE cute

No matter how vile and backstabby and corrupted they may be, most Skaven still prefer to sleep in close piles like pic related. They may hate their sleep-mates, and may murder them all in the morning, but they gain an intense warmth and feeling of security by sleeping in groups.

> post from 2 months ago
> old Veeky Forums

And fixing it starts with you and me.