>Comprehensive Rules
>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Are you satisfied with the state of modern and MTG as a whole? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-fraying-sanity-modern
breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/20/delingpole-magicgate-the-ugly-story-of-how-social-justice-warriors-ruined-an-innocent-collectible-card-game/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm real tired of leylines and rest in piece.

I like the fun memes this general turns out, like the guy with the slightly edited UW standard deck and mono-white Kithkin tribal. Wish I had links to the original threads for those though

Play fair decks then.

>tired of leylines
I wouldn't mind if all leylines were banned desu. "Pay nothing" cards generally aren't fun.

Leylines aren't even good and rest in peace only hoses unfair decks.

>tfw kalonian tusker is legitimately good in modern
Hail efficiency.

lol is memedern still a thing?

Heh, right? All the cool kids play in formats where lightning bolt is too overpowered.

I like that new eldrazi meme deck you guys brewed in here. I'm curious how it plays

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Mardu Woe-Reaper
4 Thalia's Lieutenant
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Knight of the White Orchid
4 Mirran Crusader
1 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
2 Smuggler's Copter
4 Aether Vial
4 Path to Exile
12 Plains
4 Field of Ruin
4 Horizon Canopy
2 Shefet Dunes

Considering playing this, but White Orchid looks kinda bad. What's a decent 2-drop alternative?

Spellskite for this meta

This guy.

this is my new tech. extra bigass angel finisher.

>2018 - 1 month
>still playing nerd gamble

Do you think this is better than SoI Avacyn?

This deck is working better than I ever could've hoped

Still new to modern. Playing a semi-budget dredge right now.

>4 Bloodghast
>3 Golgari Thug
>4 Insolent Neonate
>4 Narcomoeba
>4 Prized Amalgam
>1 Haunted Dead
>4 Stinkweed Imp

>1 Darkblast
>4 Cathartic Reunion
>3 Conflagrate
>4 Faithless Looting
>4 Life from the Loam

>2 Mountain
>4 Dragonskull Summit
>1 Blood Crypt
>4 Copperline Gorge
>2 Dakmor Salvage
>2 Gemstone Mine
>1 Swamp
>2 Sheltered Thicket
>2 Stomping Ground

What decks will give me the most trouble (pre-board)?

How's Eldrazi Taxes these days? Still solidly tier 2?

nice thread you got here faggots, its as dead as your format

t. edhg

you sure you wernt suppost to post this in the legacy general?

Postmodern soon, user

you mean frontier?

No he doesn't. Frontier was made by the japs to sell packs. People who are afraid of modern but also understand standard is a shit show tend to flock to frontier.

Why do you samefag so hard?

No heartbeat of spring?

What's the best meme deck you guys brewed?

skeleton tribal

5color tokens

And by the way what is the best way to protect your combo pieces? They cost both 2 mana. FUCK SPELL SNARE

1)A kithin 1/1 that needs to untap
2)An enchantment that taps crearures

I just bought into Burn (RW with green splash for Revelry and maybe Command). Tell me everything you know.
Also MM2017 Goblin Guide is canonically female and a cute

get
firebast x4
chain lightning x4
price of progress x4
then you also have a mono R legacy deck

I'll keep that in mind, isn't burn kinda shit in legacy since it can't interact with combo though? Also I heard you SB ashen rider for show and tell

Is there a reason besides costs to not run 4 horizon Canopy in every mono-white deck

The pings can be unpleasant against burn/aggro and it gets hit by Blood Moon and doesn't count towards Emeria, and that's all I can think of. Speaking of which, Martyr Proc is the only semi-viable monowhite deck I can recall.

Played a little Martyr-Proc recently and Soul Sisters is better right now

t. grixis

How? Proc has the best late game in the format and sisters is just a meme from what I've seen

Martyr bites the dust to the omnipresent gy hate in modern but Sisters only auto scoops to combo.

>Martyr bites the dust to the omnipresent gy hate in modern
Maybe if you're shit. Martyr Proc doesn't utilize the graveyard until turn 7 at the earliest, realistically more like turn 10+ because you don't always draw land every turn. You shouldn't bring graveyard hate in unless you're control and have both the long game and counterspells to protect it from Oring. And then you'll just get taken to time and lose because Marytr Proc won game 1.
Martyr Proc has way more 70-30 and 30-70 match ups than soul sisters, but overall it's match ups are better than soul sisters. The only reason to play soul sisters over martyr is if you're a retard who can't handle long games.

Fungus tribal.
Dominaria will make it real.

I'm going to make this Meme real!

Cruel Goggles Control

Well for the past 6 weeks id been going 3-1 or better at local Tuesday night modern with Amulet Titan sobi guess it was time for me to finally eat shit. 0-2 drop. Lost to burn and Valakut. Probably going to drop the Lotus Blooms, don t really like them.

list plics

Non-lands
4 Primeval Titan
4 Summoner's Pact
4 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
4 Amulet of Vigor
4 Ancient Stirrings
4 Lotus Bloom
2 Explore
1 Slaughter Pact
1 Pact of Negation
1 Walking Ballista
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Hive Mind
1 Hornet Queen

Lands
2 Forest
2 Aether Hub
3 Tolaria West
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Simic Growth Chamber
3 Gruul Turf
1 Golgari Rot Farm
1 Selesnya Sanctuary
1 Boros Garrison
1 Slayers' Stronghold
1 Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
1 Radiant Fountain
1 Khalni Garden
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Vesuva

But I'm probably going to do some rejiggering and swap the blooms back for scouts.

Is stompy the most powerful deck?

sure

So, I recently got into Modern, and I've been considering participating in the SCG Modern Open in Louisville in May (yes, it's a ways off, but I have to schedule time off from work way ahead of time). But, I've never attended an event like this. I'm reasonably familiar with Modern as a format (and have lots of time to practice and prepare.) What do I need to know about attending the open itself?

Still playing balance

It's still so sweet

Stomperinos are the most powerful deck on the world

in that it doesn't FREAK OUT and wipe my board with a conditional triggered ability? yeah. i mean i jammed a couple of that avacyn in the sideboard to see whats up but it just seems real bad because 'jund guy' can fatal push my hatebear, have obersturmbanfuhrer avacyn ausrottung my board on the next upkeep and then terminate the bitch so he can beat me to death with a 6/7 goyf. with baneslayer i just get my baneslayer terminated and i get to keep my mirran crusaders and such so that i can hold down the ground until my serra avengers get him in alpha strike range. also point of fact, running restoration angel in any amount with a full boat of serra avengers is real bad, so i don't do it.

actually i have to agree. i've been thinking about this same card recently and came to the conclusion that it's fatal push proof, kolaghans command proof, and can fight tasigur, gurmag angler, thoughtknotseer and reality smasher straight up. and win. Something that SOI avacyn cannot do.

did sulfuric vortex get cut?

jeskai ascendancy combo for standard.

you use mana dorks and elemental uprising with cantrip spells (slip through space, expedite, magmatic insight (not a cantrip but it does the job)), jeskai ascendancy and dig+cruise to meme your entire board into 200+ power of hasty unblockable lands on turn 3-4.

i only caught onto this at the ass-end of that standard so i never got to take it to a cash tournament but it 5-0 stomped a few FNMs before khans rotated.

Hey it's cha fellow amulet Bro I think it's absolutely correct to be back on the scouts as the preferred ramp.

so I am thinking of slotting in 2 courser of kruphix in place of the flex slots most ppl use as relic of progenitis in the main for extra game vs burn and more needed card draw. Currious wat your take is on this, have I gone mad? Think storms an auto loss pre bored relic or not.

It does get pathed tho. Which deck are you running it in?

Just don’t play it if you don’t like losing to blue

most things get hit by path though, that's why it's good.

Fuck two drops, get Norin the Wary.

Modern Hapatra.

I'm currently brewing Undead Alchemist Mill for a guy I know who is adamant on playing mill. At least this way he also affects the boards and has ways to win besides decking the opponent out.

Oh control is no problem for me. Because those decks tend to be slower, I have an easier time waiting for the ideal setup to play through counterspells. Then I can either do a double cascade (violent on endstep, plea on my main), or use something like Ricochet Trap or Commandeer. There's lots of times I've played through two or three counterspells over the course of a couple turns and still resolved balance/nahiri/whatever I need. That's the strength of the deck, having 8 cascaders and 2-3 As Foretolds, plus the ability of Gifts to guarantee getting a balance, means no matter how many times I get countered or thoughtsiezed I'm likely to have another one ready.

Here's a match I just won 2/3 against Lantern

mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-fraying-sanity-modern seems interesting

The only defense this has is Push and Seize. Why do people want to mill so badly? it really is just a slower version of burn, and at least burn can kill threats more efficiently. It really blows my mind that Glimpse the Unthinkable was like 30 dollar before IMA.

The very same reason people play draw-go or cry when they see the hot karn's dick - autists.

>death and taxes
>5 drop
Nigga what the fuck
Why are your hatebears not good enough

I don't think it's mad. I saw courser as a 1-of a lot pre-lotus-bloom-fanaticism. If there is one thing I learned from my brief time playing the lotus bloom version it's that the relics probably aren't needed.

Def agree with relics not needed. I think lotus blooms strength is that it can get found off turn 1 stirrings so it makes those hands sleightly more keepable but past that turn it's the worst card in your deck. Maybe playing two blooms is correct?

you might not even have to wait until dominaria

fresh token from RIX

Is there even a way to make a decently viable Saproling deck? I tried cheating in a Mycoloth by Eldritch Evolution on Scion of the Wild or Mentor of the Meek, but that's about as far as I got.

the only format right now where saprolings are decent is EDH, sadly

>Is there even a way to make a decently viable Saproling deck?
No. They're awful, user.

>entire archetype built on having to wait 3 turns to make a 1/1 creature
What were they thinking? The last decent Sparoling card they made was Fists of Ironwood.

Turn 2 win infect

They fucking suck in every format. Best thing you can do now is get Thelon, Winding Constrictor and Sporesower and just try to get a big army.

I have considered dropping some flex slots like explore and playing scouts alongside blooms. Bloom definitely enabled some powerful shit but it just felt slow too often. But scouts and bloom might be too much. I think I want to just aim for consistency and speed with a minimum of toolbox slots, just enough to get through game 1.

Clearly mill is the thinking man's gameplan for big brain blue brewers, red is for dumb people who can only fling spells at face

Why would you play brainlet blue mill when colorless mill is far more intelligent?

Why not both and go Blue Steel like a true master tactician?

>Mill spells all target your opponent

But you cannot win with that deck, only go to time, if you have a big blue brain and always make the optimal play

Strata Scythe OTK with Rude Awakening and Mirrorweave.

Also Huntless Zombie Hunt.

Does anyone want to talk over discord
I may end myself soon
And I want to talk about my ex gf and magic

>exgf
You weren't even married, chill out user.

Dictate is better since you can flash it in on your opponents end step and they don't get their whole turn with double mana.

>Just two more days for perfect attendance for my job

I'm going to buy a set of Snapcasters if I make it.

Didn't the Zendikar fetches get reprinted in a Masters set recently?

What an attentionwhore.

Don't kill yourself, faggot, do something with your life and try to be happy instead.

The fuck is that shit? We don't have that here. Hell, I don't even know if I'll get the double paycheck for December.
MM17. Why?

dropping this against the Death's shadow nut draw

>Death's Shadow
>T1 crack fetch, Thoughtseize

>You
>T1 something

>Death's Shadow
>T2 crack fetch, Thought Scour, Gurmag Angler

>You
>T2 Jotun Grunt

>Death's Shadow
>T3 crack fetch, Death's Shadow, hold up Stubby D

>You
>T3 sacrifice your Jotun Grunt in your upkeep because you can't pay the cost

Honestly I can't tell if people in this thread are bad or trolling. Even if Jotun Grunt stayed alive for a while there's no way it matches up to any creature in GDS.

Actually both posts you replied to. I'm honestly not sure if that bonus is going to last much longer than this year. It was the perk of working for a company still owned by the founder's family. Was wondering about how recent they were reprinted to gauge the chance of them getting reprinted in the next year. But I guess not and I'll have to cope with the current prices.

We know they're doing a Masters 25 as of now. After Iconic it's hard to tell what route they'll take in the future considering how stupid they are.

Even if they reprint fetches I'd say the price would probably fall a bit in the beginning to slowly creep up again. Every single deck uses them. I'd say check the graphic, if you see they're slowly raising in price get them now, if they're stable wait for MM25 spoilers.

Where the fuck do I ask pauper related questions?

I just think it's spicy, plus I'd assume my deck has paths. I dont actually think Jotun's is worth it. guess DS was a bad deck to go after maybe living end, would also annoy a storm player without a bolt or remand

wow a huge media company did a story on mtg

breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/20/delingpole-magicgate-the-ugly-story-of-how-social-justice-warriors-ruined-an-innocent-collectible-card-game/

Hahahahaha you're so funny man. Fuck you.
I just bought MM15 and MM17 boxes, I'm just an old collector but new player that wants to start playing with pauper.

I'd like to know what are the best pauper decks and try to understand what I like better.

Death's Shadow Varolz into real card, what happening?

What is it called when someone hates your deck archetype that you play so much that they actually change a card in their deck to specifically counter only your deck and be suboptimal for every other archetype they play?