Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1949: Nostalgia Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nh9xsyaoSs
youtu.be/SE9ay7-5VLI
forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/jumpchain.1689/page-247#post-1416131
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shark-dogs for everyone.

HOW HAS NOBODY MADE THESE YET

Cat-girls have higher priority as a gene splicing project.

Where can i get a wizard tower?

Because waifus will always be more popular than cute pets. And too few people realize you can have both.

Alrighty then.

Which Hogwarts house were you sorted into and why?

Because, you know how stupids get shit like pit-bulls or rotties from the pound, and get surprised when the improperly trained attack dogs eat their children?

Now imagine crossing those with a tiger shark.
N A T U R A L S E L E C T I O N

So... I got a few drawbacks done for the X-men comics jump. If anyone's interested I'll post em down.

I HAVE, but as I keep telling people, THEY'RE USELESS. Do you have any idea how pitiful the combination of a shark's intellectual capacity and a dog's capacity for affection are? They'll go roaming for miles after catching the scent of a marrow bone, and start swarm-begging in the dozens around your neighbours if they get fed even once. When you give them a bone, all the respawning cartilage teeth in their mouth gets shedded on the carpet when they gnaw it long enough! And forget expecting them to guard your property, like sharks their instinct is to bump their snout against strangers, run away if they're threatened-and if you tickle the right bit of their nose long enough, they go belly up and stay like that for a full minute.

Literally worse than pugs, this specimen is only good for snout boops and tummy rubs. No capacity at all for even a starting point to design the ultimate predator.

Sounds like someone is just bad at engineering adorable pets.

What about crossing a tiger with a tiger shark?
Or a bull with a bull shark?
Or a zebra with a zebra shark?
Shit, they even have houndsharks and catsharks to use. Mix them with dogs and cats.

Mix the shark with wolf dna and go from there. Or make a literal tiger shark. Cats are a top predator for a reason.

I mean, sure, "Creating Biological Abominations for fun, profit, and hugs" might as well the the Biologis Motto.
I rather want to see a Shark Ferret, a Sherret?
Or a shark Snek, a Shek? As long is it's cute and bitey it's fine.

Also while we're at it for Odyssey: What all species do people want besides New Donker / Human, Broodal, Toad, Koopa, and some of the region-specific peoples?

>Or a shark Snek, a Shek? As long is it's cute and bitey it's fine.

I believe them is what we call "eels," Magos.

Foxcrest.

1. True, but the later does require stuff like being able to actually contact those beings.

3. I'm going to assume that for the later the power transfer stops once the jump ends, and that the full time scale is more 'hypothetically if your in a jump that lasts long enough'.

5. So basically at best your probably considered something like a combination of Chikage and Mugen a.k.a. 'Super dangerous and their working on plans to kill you once you get too risky, but for now they don't have enough options'?

Also I remembered a few other questions.

1. If you take the Yog So-Thot drawback and take the scenario do you have to worry about doing something really dumb like using the universe as a projectile weapon, or would that fall under the 'you won't take actions that would directly lead to your own death' clause?

2. Does the 'even a few battles is enough to bring you to the brink' part of the Edging It drawback assume those are challenging battles or just 'this is technically a fight'?

3. Since Sphinx apparently made Chikage's fragment would this imply that mages with enough development can do the same thing?

4. Since fragments don't have to be from an actual god would the Demonbane version of post-ascension Randolph Carter be a valid option, and if so which rank? I'm not sure if I'd want to or not, but the idea seemed potentially amusing after I found the following on a site with some translations concerning this stuff.

*The King of Ilek-Vad イレク=ヴァド王
A thin gentleman with silver hair and eyes filled with deep knowledge. Though he sits upon the Opal Throne of Ilek-Vad of the Dreamlands, he is from Earth. He is also the greatest hunter of the dark gods, the commander of a great fleet of starships that fights their minions.

This is not cute fleshbag, It needs more danger noodle, less H.R Giger wetdream.

Look. You asked for Sheks, eels qualify. I'm sorry reality is horrifying.

>barely jump 90
>already have 24 companions

God damn it.

So... you're saying they're PERFECT and ADORABLE?

I concede the point, and would like to issue and imperial decree.
FUCK THE OCEAN SERIOUSLY WHY IS THERE SO MUCH STUPID HORROR SHIT IN IT.

Eels are actually supposed to be surprisingly affectionate, apparently. Once they categorize something as "not food" they get all curious and friendly.

Aww come on, they're not that bad. Just look at this little darling!

That's simple. If the ocean was not terrifying life would have had no reason to learn how to breath air so it could flee to the land above the ocean.

Gryffindor, because my Jumper is a good person and hates evil people (Slytherins).

But user, the ocean is your friend.

I feel like it snores in its sleep and tries to convince people who wake it up to link the flame.

Uuuuuuuh. T-Rex, non-Broodal rabbits, the hat ghosts, Tostarenans, Shiverians, Bubblainians, and Volbonans for non-enemy species. Bullet/Banzai Bills, Chain Chomps (and maybe their bigger variant), whatever Mollusque-Lanceur is, and Ruined Dragon for enemy species.

I don't trust you people. Bobbit worms exist, ergo you are wrong.
Huh, so that's where all the fish-shit in the oceans go.
Does that count as intelligent design if we deiberatly designed an escape route?
Slytherin, because Hufflepuff are factory workers, Ravenclaw is autistic and Gryffindor is

Ravenclaw.
Because blue and bronze is the superior color combination. And also because being sorted into the House of Keikaku is a good way to get your Keikaku derailed

I have way too many many powers and abilities. Are there any perks that allow you to merge or combine powers?

>non-Broodal rabbits
Are there any examples of those?
>Bonneters
Already in.
>Tostarenans, Shiverians, Bubblainians, and Volbonans
Already counted.

>Bullet/Banzai Bills
Now, how would you go about implementing these as a non-drawback race. I mean, their lives are short and violent.
>Chain Chomps
Have them as a Pet item, but I can try and kludge together something maybe?
>Mollusque-Lanceur
I THINK he's a larger / more mature version of a Gushen? I can't be sure.
>Ruined Dragon
... Might be able to wing it as a high-cost, non-discounted perk-granted form, but not sure I could build a perk line around it.

The only one I remember (haven't seen the full game yet), is that one giant rabbit lady from the beginning with the golden chain chomp. I'm pretty sure she was just some random asshole.

Hufflepuff, because no one takes them seriously. Gryffindor? They're protagonists, heroes, everyone has their eye on them. Slytherin? Well, aside from the fact that they're all a bunch of backstabbing, pretentious blue bloods who, despite their main gimmick being 'cunning', are more often then not complete idiots, they're also the house that everyone knows will probably go evil and gleefully joins Voldemort later on. Ravenclaw? The people in that house are just...weird. I mean, it wouldn't be that bad, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Hufflepuff is so beneath everyone's notice that it would be the perfect house to plot and scheme from, especially since I don't have to worry about any interference from do-gooders, morons who think they're cunning, or anyone too curious for their own good.

Madame Broode?

You mean the leader of the Broodals?
youtube.com/watch?v=3nh9xsyaoSs

Pretty sure I was Hufflepuff because loyalty is probably my biggest character trait. I remember there being other traits assigned to each house and at the time I was like "I guess I'm in the badger house, right?" when it came time to pick, but not what those were. I liked them well enough, pleasant quarters, no one gives dick about Hufflepuff, you can pretty much coast without issue in that house. Sure Ravenclaw doesn't get into much trouble either, but they're in the highest tower and are so into books that they don't really do anything. Fuck that, Hufflepuff is near the kitchen, I can study on my own time and get to wizard cooking when my schedule is clear.

Is she really the leader? That would be my bad, never caught her name or saw her again after the first world.

... I mean yeah you got a fair point. Besides her face being used on the Broodal's ship and giant robot, she's BARELY relevant.

>Does that count as intelligent design if we deiberatly designed an escape route?

That probably depends on whether or not your going by the exact definition of the religious theory term, or if you just mean "Was this a smart thing to do?" If the former technically no. If the later consider the stuff still in the ocean and what use to be there for the answer.

>Are there any examples of those?
I'm pretty sure they're exclusively in the Dark Side of the Moon. Although, if you're doing racial perk lines, I don't think they'd work. Not unless you had them share discounts with the Broodals. Apparently the fat rabbit lady from the start of the game bosses around both the Broodals and the regular rabbits?

>Already in/Already counted
Cool!

>Now, how would you go about implementing these as a non-drawback race.
Well, if you're not making them a drawback race, just giving Jumper and Companions the inexplicable ability to control how explosive they are could work.

>I THINK he's a larger / more mature version of a Gushen? I can't be sure.
Huh. Well, if you're making regular Gushens (kinda forgot they existed) a thing, you could make one of their perks supersize you be more like him? But this is contingent on you being able to write the rest of the perk line for them. Which...

>Have them as a Pet item...
>Might be able to wing it...
...wasn't something I was considering with any of these suggestions. So, yeah, understandable if you don't do these as racial options.

Thank you for your time.

Jumper System (Medaka Box), Transcendence (Bleach) and Power Combination (Young Justice) are the ones that I know. I Cheat (Justice League Dark) can let you do the same with magic systems, creating your own system by picking up things from systems that you already have.
I personally feel like combining these with too many powers would just end up you having free-form reality warping.

I had to pull up a photo comparison before noticing the matching hair thing. I just thought it was supposed to be a demonic rabbit face till now. I guess that's not too wrong.

/jc/, help me visualize this butterfly and the snowball effect it has.

Prince Endymion suddenly drops his brainwashed bodyguards with kung fu he's pretty sure he didn't have before.

I made the mistake of taking You Will Be Mine, Tail Red, also.

Also Beryl gets stonewalled by a ragtag team from both Earth and the Moon, with Shaggy leading the charge. She's beaten but not killed.

What are the immediate consequences?

>There was stuff still in the ocean.
Yeah, obviously it's what we escaped from, Duh.
I want to change my answer.
The Correct answer is, "Fuck this gay english shit, I'm going to Durmstrang."

And this is before the fall of the Silver Millenium or whatever the fuck it's called, right?

>so into books that they don't really do anything.
You take that back!

Yup

yeah why bother going to the school that consistently seems to produce the most powerful wizard in favor of one ran by a rando death eater

It would help greatly if you explained what any of that actually means.

And?
I don't like limeys

Gryffindor but not because of sheer heroics. I like using healing and support effects on allies using abilites and a magitek sniper rifle that can shoot magic bullets. I even took that damn Pottermore quiz and it said cureslut=Gryffindor surprisingly.

Funny enough my character is a constantly pissed off Mccoy from Star Trek with a satchel of alchemical vials, a magic fuck you rifle, and a flask of endless phoenix fireball whiskey that he uses as antiseptic, flammable fuel, drinking, and making some damn good Whiskey Flapjacks.

Sailor Moon, with the Fall of the Silver Millennium scenario. Jumper reincarnated as a canon character with a soft amnesia drawback.

I rather like Spellmaker and the Altar of Spellmaking from The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion Jump. It's mainly useful for magic, but you can create entirely new effects with it. Given enough time, you could replicate a lot of powers and abilities once you have a sample of them.

Of course, then everything runs off mana. And some things might be way more expensive than it could be reasonable to maintain. But I still like it.

I like to think Ravenclaw thinks they're more trouble than they're worth and that's why they never win. In reality they're just giant, boring nerds who think staying up too late is "so bad" and try to be quirky so they can seem as cool as Slytherin or Gryffindor with all their giant school adventures.

Given a total lack of knowledge of what that scenario is or sailor moon, the prince's popularity perks sends the entirety of Moon or Earth into learning kung fu. Shaggy's throw down means either a defeat equals friendship or star crossed romance. Whoever those bodyguards are, they are likely to be crushing on you romantically or otherwise. Beryl has a berry bad day.

Then the moon blows up at decade's end because running gag.

whats there to do in harry potter?

>Then the moon blows up at decade's end because running gag
>Series renamed to Sailor Moon Fragments

Ravenclaw.
Gotta teach them kids that there's more to life than books.
You have to experiment. Put all that knowledge to work! If you're not exhausted and slightly singed at the end of the day, you didn't MAGIC hard enough.

>Star-crossed romance
Well, Shaggy has picked up a couple of romance perks so far. The ladies were all over him in Fallout.
The idea amuses me intensely too.
This must be done.

Use the unholy power from across the sea called in the forbidden histories in the restricted section as "The Second Amendment" to utterly de-rail the plot. Also some kinda magic or some shit like that.

Witches. Lots of witches

>Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffendork, etc.
I don't know why you guys are settling for the pleb houses and schools when you could be in the best one of the all!

Learn utility magic, seduce people, get in fights, seduce people, learn to be an animal, in bed.

Well, Shaggy ends up becoming a great hero, respected by both Earth and the Moon. Expect future villains (including Metalia, because she's still around) to make him their first target for either elimination or brainwashing, unless they need to build up strength first. Also, Beryl ends up being in deep trouble because for one thing, she's been captured by her enemies, and for another, her boss is now pissed off at her for failing and being captured, so she's double screwed.

The war against the Dark Kingdom is going to be both easier and harder, easier because Beryl isn't around but harder because Metalia is not going to fuck around anymore and you still have to liberate the rest of the solar system. Expect her to fight real dirty now that she has to make up for Beryl's defeat. In other news, Prince Jumper's kung fu skills are very impressive to everyone and just make him even more attractive to Serenity. Which means he'll probably be roped in to helping the Silver Millennium defeat the Dark Kingdom, which to be fair he probably would have done anyway.

Weasley house? I'm in the middle of a story where Harry is a ginger and kept being mistaken for a Weasley. It's quite good.

>Prince Endymion suddenly drops his brainwashed bodyguards with kung fu he's pretty sure he didn't have before.

You probably realize that something really weird is occurring unlike canon Endymion. Which might lead to Chaos being discovered early despite it not actually being the cause.

>I made the mistake of taking You Will Be Mine, Tail Red, also

This might make it easier to get certain enemies to agree to a cease fire, and/or force Princess Serenity to develop her abilities faster because of her boyfriend's weird stalkers.

>Also Beryl gets stonewalled by a ragtag team from both Earth and the Moon, with Shaggy leading the charge. She's beaten but not killed.

Beryl is likely distracted by "Wait what just happened?" for at least a little while if she escaped. If not later enemies that are connected to her might also be slightly distracted at first by trying to figure out what happened and how to (or if the need to) adapt their plans.

Oh also your probably going to be a little paranoid for at least a little while.

Like?

Burning witches!

Hey NuBee, could you clear something up for me regarding the Way of White Reward for the Age of Fire scenario in Dark Souls 1? I'm pretty sure you where the one who made that jump. When it talks about "plumes" and "lashes" of the fire, what exactly would that look like? it just seems strangely worded to me, so I'm struggling to get a mental image here.

Well, let’s see. There’s the Big Three (Hermione, Ginny and Loony)
There’s the Three Cuckings of Draco Malfoy (His girlfriend, his wife and his mother)
There’s the Three-Might-as-well-be-OCs (Daphne Greengrass, Susan Bones and Cho Chang)
There’s also the Three-Teachers-That-Are-Actually-Hot (McGonagall, Vector and Sinestra)
Plus a few odds and ends.

>Three-Teachers-That-Are-Actually-Hot (McGonagall

Best taste, right here.

>Daphne Greengrass, Susan Bones and Cho Chang
Pretty sure Cho has more personality than the other two combined.
At least make the third someone like Tracy Davis, or any of the Ravenclaw girls other than Cho/Luna

Isn't it obvious? Plumes are long lines/columns of fire. Basically pic related. Think flamethrowers. And lash is another word for whip. So, big whips of fire you smack people with.

I guess you’re right, even though her only characterization is “cries a lot, for good reason”

Using less flowery terms, imagine being able to perform generic fire attacks like fireballs, flamethrower-esque streams, whips and so on that carry the dangerous properties listed.

Oh, so basically just the in-game pyromancy, but really fucking hot.

Prove Wizards that science is better than their magic

But magic can be subjected to the scientific method

Slytherin as it keeps Snape on side and nobody asks questions when I go sneaking around the castle almost every night. Plus they have a spooky underwater common room and I think if you're going to go to a boarding school you might as well sleep in a room full of skulls and carved snake mantelpieces and shit. There's something I like about going Slytherin, taking the Prophecy drawback and then generally being a pretty nice guy.

It's just a shame that all the other (non-companion) Slytherins during the timeframe are retarded.

They like that, it tickles(if they are competent and know the flame freezing charm).

I thought it was hot water hose pipe/friend of snitch(and not the golden kind).

Hush, science nerds get offended easily.

Turn Bulstrode into one of the good fanon Millies, she'll be a great new companion.

>and not the golden kind
Golden kind too, she wants that Seeker D, also she's a Seeker.

Ooh, now there’s an idea. Even if she is a football coach’s dream

True, but she isn't really in the same league of seekerdom as even Edward 'The Sparkling Spare' Diggory, much less the other available seekers. Still better than the Ferret, but he bought his way onto the Quidditch Pitch.

She's a Brit, so Rugby would be more apropos(or possibly she could be a Beater what with Hogwarts).

What would you do a jumpchain comic about for it to be interesting? Not the other guy, just curious

>Still better than the Ferret
To be fair, an actual ferret would probably be better than the Ferret.
Handsomer too.

I think he meant "soccer", AKA proper Football

>Morrowblivion
>DC Occult
>Overlord (The Game)

Slice of Life comedy focusing on the companions of a hilariously overpowered Jumper and the shenanigans they get wrapped up in.

No, I meant football
youtu.be/SE9ay7-5VLI

I did ask the creator earlier he said it was up to you to determine if your perks count as skills (for this method any training you do does affect your attribute and skill levels and level but perks like say Medaka Sue then Medaka Sue would give you stat and xp buffs not actually your level)

Or

If your level is set based off time of arrival and total experiences

Basically writefag it citation here.

forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/jumpchain.1689/page-247#post-1416131

I imported my companion (OC from the Overlord games called Ramona) in as Ron's evil twin sister. Bulstrode being her standard awful self mocked Ramona's shabby clothes on the first day with some of the other Slytherin girls. It was not a comfortable year for Millicent Bulstrode.

Original settings

Hey KOTOR user, are Sith Pureblood a valid species choice with the Other choice in your namesake's update? I assume so, since KOTOR's really early, but they go extinct at some point, right?

user, I don't know if you're still around, but i just saw your post.

>Red Crusader scenario
Sounds good, but I'm planning to try and finish the bare bones of what would make it jumpable (perks, items, drawbacks) before I start on stuff like scenarios.

Also, what did you have in mind as a reward for the scenario?

>Rahadoumi exile companion
Also sounds nice, but custom companions is probably in the basket with scenarios for things that'll be worked on later.

>perk suggestions
All of that sounds good.

Anyway, thanks user. I want to hear whatever else you've got when you get a chance.

So I'm getting some of the items done on the X-men jump now, but, sorta ran into a bit of a wall with the lower cost stuff. Any ideas?

Wheelchair, Jew necklace, clothes, whatever you want, user.