Hey guys I will be DMing 5e, who's interested?

>hey guys I will be DMing 5e, who's interested?
>get 5 of my friends
>one of them calls me "you should run 3.5, characters are much more customizable and it's not "d&d for kids and retards like 5e" "
>yeah in my last adventure i killed a mokatumbe (or something like that he said, basically a monster that kills gods), in 3.5 you can crit with a 15 but you have to confirm it
>nah man we're playing 5e
>he goes in a rant about how there is no customization in 5e
>whatever he shows up the day of the game and spends like 20 mins trying to convince the group to switch to 3.5 becauss we are adults and we shouldn't play the kiddies version of it

Why are 3.pf faggets so insuferable.

Other urls found in this thread:

greekmythology.com/Myths/Creatures/Hecatoncheires/hecatoncheires.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why haven't you kicked him already?

This. OP's story smells suspiciously like bait

Because his sister and her boyfriend are players at my table too.

Then tell him to cool his fucking jets.
Christ, when someone offers to cook him Asian food, does he throw a bitchfit if it's Japanese and not Chinese?

>extra strength soyboy detected

What. No way. Really. I don't believe it.

So?

Does Veeky Forums even plays with real humans? Or is it just talking about rpgs that you never play and playing on roll20?

I have a weekly playgroup irl. But here, the shitposting sustains me. It is my fetish

>Be PF faggot
>Friend offers to DM 5e
>Join the game
>Am glad to learn a new system
The end

>characters are much more customizable and it's not "d&d for kids and retards like 5e"

Hand him FATAL. Can't get any more customized and adult for +21 year old players like him than that.

I generally shitpost to pass the time until we play in the evenings.

When someone offers to paint your kitchen do you bitch that they used lead-based paint?

What paint nowadays even has lead in it? Moe to the point, where did he get it from in the first place?

Dead Ed's Lead Shed

He's right though, 5e is a shallow game for people who just want to take selfies of themselves playing it and post on Facebook about how "nerdy" they are.

I'd honestly be madder that my "friend" decided to be a cheap asshole who was risking my health to in the process of doing me a "favor."

Besides, how expensive is non-lead paint at Home Depot nowadays?

Goddamn it.
I like 3.5, even Pathfinder is kinda tolerable to me.
It's the system I grew up with.
5e is good too but I can't over the things I don't like about it.
So now I am stuck in the middle, not sure what system to commit to.
I play both right now.
I remember while we were setting up for a Pathfinder game one of my friends said he didn't understand why anyone would want to play something besides Pathfinder.
He was joking, but the fact that he even said that shit made me cringe.

>3aboo
>Right about anything
Pick one.

then you can relate with the player in the OP

4E is better than both 5 and 3.x. But as long as you've got a good GM, it doesn't matter which system you play, 'cause it'll be fun anyway.

No I can't, because I'm not a mega-faggot who gets butthurt when people decide to play a different system than the one I'm used to.

I mean, how fucking rude and self-centered do you have to be to go to someone's game, knowing what they're going to be running, and try spending the bulk of the time saying how much it sucks and how much better it would be if they played [system] instead?

It's like interrupting someone who was in the middle of a story just to say "your story would be much more interesting if I was telling it."

No, because this isn't related to health, safety, or even being a cheapskate, it is literally just going "my favourite game is better, we should play my favourite game." This is the logic of a small child
>Hey guys lets play tag
>Tag is for babies lets play hide and go seek
>Everyone agrees to play tag
>You know guys hide and go seek is the best game we really should be playing that
>Hide and go seek is for big kids, tag is for babies
>I mean hide and go seek is so great I can see a dozen good places to hide right now
>Oh wow I go tagged, this is stupid we should play hide and go seek

By the way to the 3.PF enthusiasts here, what was the creature he was talking about? He mentioned it was 10 times stronger than a tarrasque and that it killed gods.

No it's more like saying, why don't you use this nice artist's brush to paint your picture instead of that dirty twig

Because whether or not a picture is good boils down to the skill of the artist, not the quality of the tools they're using.

Have you tried not playing DnD?

And if you have such a problem with the artist you are commissioning using a twig you can fuck off and hire another artist. If the GM wants to run a particular system you don't like the appropriate thing to do would be to bring up your grievances and if that fails either fuck off and don't join the game or join the game and shut your mouth about the system being used.

Besides you are acting as though pathfinder is objectively better than 5e which is far from true. A better example might be spices or the example I used tag vs hide and go seek.

Hecatoncheires, I found it.

There’s so many people like this who just haven’t actually played 5e and don’t see that the relative lack of customisation compared to 3.pf is a good thing. The game actually gets played rather than just bogged down in endless paperwork.

So i used to be that guy. I own the large majority of 3/.5 books for D&D, nothing for pf though. I have been playing/running the system since drop. when 5e dropped, i bought the core set and was disappointed to say the least. Better than 4, certainly, but still not as good as 3. so, i rallied against it until they dropped more books and a buddy of mine ran the tyrrany of dragons module. I decided to play and actually enjoyed it.
I still prefer 3e, but no longer rally against 5e and it has made my friends happier that they can run something and let me take the backseat for once.

Unironically: he is right

When did Pathfinder start causing lead poisoning?

Arguing about editions of DnD is like arguing who's got the best use 1981 Honda. Sure, one is better than the other, but it's still an old shitty car at the end of the day.

And if I bring up legitimate grievances to the DM and get told "nah man we're playing 5e" wow great fucking argument, then I'm gonna take it to the group and try to rally some support

>Someone make a game and invite friends to play with him
>You don't like what he's running, so you try to rally all his friends against him to force him to change the game
What a fucking cunt.

>DM doesn't want to run pathfinder
>Convince group that pathfinder is better
>DM tells group they need to find a new DM since he doesn't want to run pathfinder
>Now nobody plays
You aren't paying the DM to run a game for you, if he doesn't think he will enjoy running pathfinder all you will succeed by convincing the group that pathfinder is better is destroying the game.

5e is still best ed imo

It has been known for years that 3.PF causes brain damage.

>Get invited to a game you know you won't like
>Just to shit all over everyone else's enjoyment "for their own good.
You are pic related

You can just decline their offer instead of letting them in and start bitching when they open a paintbucket.

>no criticism allowed
DM bootlickers are the worst. Everyone contributes to the play session, why should he have tyranny over it?

Because a) he's running the game and b) everyone else agreed to play 5e instead of 3.PF.

If you have an issue with it, just decline the offer to join or something. Don't say you'll show up and then start pushing some bullshit jihad when everyone else is trying to sit down and enjoy the campaign that they were looking forward to.

He's just a pathfinder fanboy, if the situation was reversed he would support the DM over the player pushing 5e.

D&D has always been shallow, redundency and inaccessibility do not equal depth

>>>Reddit

Tell him if he wants to run 3.5, he's allowed, but you're running 5e

and as a former 3.PF fan, I fucking love 5e

I wish I could understand what it is about 3.pf that makes them this way. It seems like it's unique to those two games, too. I've never met fans of any other game, not even FATAL or GURPS, who are quite this obnoxious and strident about the superiority of their game. It's like when a super-religious person refuses to even look at another religion's holy book because they think it's evil and will somehow corrupt them with just a glance. What turns people this way? I've played 3.5 and PF since release and have since moved on, leaving them behind for other games that I like better. What is it about these people or these games that makes it impossible for them to move on?

wait have you actually met fans of FATAL?
Like they played the game and everything?

FATAL fans keep to themselves because they know they're degenerates who the rest of the tabletop community consider subhuman scum. They know their place.

3.PF causes brain damage if you play it for too long because it forces your mind to go into the same mindset as someone trying to build a standard deck while also tricking you into thinking that two lines of flavor text constitutes as fluff.

It's really fucked up.

I don't go out of my way to abide behavior that negatively affects me user. I also communicate with my friends like a fucking adult. If I know dave can't play in a serious character to save his life, I will not invite dave to a seriously toned game I am running. If dave needs to know I will inform him that I don't think he'd be a good fit, maybe next time. Due to the magic of not being a cunt about it, we remain friends and continue to enjoy other activities together during the duration of the more seriously toned game. The name may have been changed but I can assure you I have a friend, player, and fellow gm, that I wouldn't let within 5 miles of a horror game for example.

If you somehow feel the need to placate someone else to your own detriment, by all means keep lying to them and yourself. Nerd social fallacies or whatever the fuck.

Why do you play with a douche? I have a player with mild mental health issues and he never causes this much trouble. I have three high schoolers and an autistic man in my group, they never cause this kind of crap.

Where does Veeky Forums find its players? I keep seeing these horror stories around here, but I never run into their type.

Yeah. I have a group of friends who I stopped playing with because of the crazy amount of bullshit they’ve laid on top of pathfinder in order for it to work in way they find fun. They’re now playing with Akashic, Spheres of Power and Spheres of Might and a load of other house rules. I’ve seen them and said “You could just play 5e” and they refuse because of their brain damage.

If I were you I'd stick with 5e because of only managing to learn it thus far, no time for 3.5. Anyway, try looking for people on Roll 20 if you can't find a suitable replacement for the current players offline.

Omissing the whole systems argument, since it basically boils down to who is willing to study a new one. If you give in to the players it's your choice and the resulting liability, obviously.

Are you fucking stupid? 5E plays nothing like that and it's highly likely that a group that's using SoP or PoW or anything similar will find nothing to like about 5E.

Okay. What ever you say.

Poor guy.

I don't even play PF, I'm just not a fucking retard like you and understand that 5E cannot do what that group wants unless your suggestion is to homebrew every book they're using into 5E, in which case they're right to tell you to fuck off.

Because he's an artist that uses twigs you fucking retard

Yes. Unironically yes.

If you don't like it, run your own fucking game, pond scum.

I force my female players to suck me off while I DM and my male players have to dress up as cute girls

greekmythology.com/Myths/Creatures/Hecatoncheires/hecatoncheires.html

Cool enemy, cool myth. Always wanted to fight one, but at the rate my current games are going it'll be when we're level 15.

>who are you?
>what are you doing in my kitchen ?
>How did you get in?

Had a one shot where the party controlled giant monsters to fight off king ghidorah, one of the options being a hecatoncheries.

Was pretty fun.

Have you considered playing pathfinder instead? It has way more character customization options.

Or even they just don't quite get it that the "more customization" they see is a bullshit trap the system set for them.

I.e. you can play 3.5 and spend your skill points all over the the place on whatever skills you want to have, a little here, a little there... or you can actually have a good chance at succeeding at relevant skill checks by maxing out your ranks in however many skills you can.

They can' t get their mind around "but I have 5 feats by that level in 3.5, and 5th only gives me 1" being like having 5 $1 bills vs. a single $10 - since those 5 feats have to be spent on bullshit prerequisites and then on up a chain just to do anything even kind of close to as useful as a 5th edition feat does.

Totally stuck on fewer number of choices, blind to it being the impact of any choices that is more important.

5E feats aren't a real choice and there are several 3.5E feats with as much, if not more, impact than 5E's feats.

>5 of my friends
>one of them
>insufferable faggot

if you considered this person your friend enough to invite him to the game, it seems your problem is character judgement.

>5E feats aren't a real choice
>literally an optional rule

>optional rule
>everyone uses it
What did he mean by this?

tfw the Greeks were the first to come up with ball of arms man

>none of his friends are assholes
Get a load of this guy. What are you european or something?

>Everyone uses it.
No. Sometimes a player will prefer to have the extra ability score improvement. Deal with it you retard.

And sometimes a player will play an INT based Fighter even though it offers no real benefits. The people who choose not to allow feats and the exception, not the rule. You deal with it.

>Says everyone use it
>Is shown to be wrong
>Can’t deal with losing an argument on the internet
Relax buddy.

It's not my fault you're a moron who equates "optional" with "rarely used."

No it’s not my fault you equate ‘not always used’ with ‘always used.’ Seriously you were wrong but it’s not the end of the world. Take it easy.

Take your own advice sperg. Here's a pity (you).

Name me one kind of faggets that is not insufferable.

PF is 3.5, same thing. A slighly more polished turd.

How is this related?

You just had to bring pathfinder into it, didn't you cunt?

Why not Mutants and Masterminds 3e? That'll give him customization and superhero-levels of wankery til he pukes.