>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU[Embed]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo[Embed]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

cheap-n-fast.com/models
strawpoll.me/14646380/r
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUGZ6Fiov2I
youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last month I ordered a bolt thrower from cheapngood, and it finally came in!
Stuff looks pretty nice, a lot of pieces broke from the sprue in transport but besides that it looks great besides some flakey bits

A close up on some pieces

And here she is built.
Yeah so that cheapngood site is good.

To make my wraithlords stand out, I decided to paint every lump as a gem
to make my gems stand out, I decided to paint them as star sapphires
boy did I fuck up

My order was recently (the 17th) cleared to leave Russia, so hopefully it'll arrive soon.
That certainly looks promising though.

link to the store please?

Reposting from previous thread.

Scultor Vasline is a godsend from Greenstuff World. Fingers and tools won't stick to GS and everything goes more smoothly. Also some experimenting on minotaur.

Thanks Nevada user!!! The custom bases are awesome, I'll probably use them for some kinda skirmish game in the future. I really appreciate the souvenirs from your local shop too, and nice variety of reaper stuff, I've never painted anything other than GW and gundam so this is a nice change. Merry Christmas.

I made this, now hard part- matching base. Looking to sugestions.

*for

my mistake, it was cheap and fast
cheap-n-fast.com/models

Depends on the army you put this thing in.

Also pretty much done with the first space beastmen. Still need to clean the rim.

L A D S

Do i put the sand and stuff on the base prior to undercoating? So that it undercoats the base materials? Or can i do it later, allowing me to undercoat the model in my base colour instead of black?

sand base cause it looks like a fucking antlion

and here is a fridge shot of the coral guy. fucking wicked, makes me want to branch out into Reaper minis now heheh

How are you gonna paint it up? Bunch of different color washes?

Keep it alive bois
strawpoll.me/14646380/r

If you undercoat black first, for coarse base materials like rocks and sand the black undercoat can add up a neat layer of shade in the recesses, which will help the wash to blend all the shit in.

Yes. There are multiple approaches to basing.

You can. Just paint it with brush afterwards.

Or I like to do is base and paint the base seperatly and after that stuck miniature to it. This way I wont accidently put any base color on the model.

L A D

If im going to undercoat in mephiston red to save a load of time, should i put the base material on afterwards or just re do the base black

I assembled the whole 2k pt army to play with it quicker. Now i have some time over the holidays im going to paint them

Pardon the noobish question, but how do you clean the vaseline off the figure once you're done sculpting?

My WIP Halfling sorcerer PC in a 5e D&D game.

I'm scared to try the eyes..I had left them white originally, then tried to do a "glowing green" thing, which just didn't work at all.

You are so welcome! I'm glad you like the Bones, the coral golem and fire giant are from Reaper's last kickstarter, you can't get them in stores yet. Search around for some tips on priming and painting them, I've had success with Vallejo primer but I have heard that some rattle-cans mess with the plastic, just a heads up. I had a lot of fun making the bases, hope they look cool when painted. Merry Christmas!

I don't know 40k prices, are the prices he's got lower than the prices everywhere else?

Are the Kabalite Warriors from the raider kit, the ones hanging off the side of the raider, compatible with the venom kit?

What I mean is, will they hang off the side in the same way as the Wyches that come in the venom kit?

pretty expensive for recats actually

I'm kitbashing myself a small creepy warband because why the hell not. All parts come from GW sets.
Top row is pretty self-explanatory, I'll have to fill the spaces with more twisted growths and somehow merge them with his pants as well and then add the HUGE clawed hand I've made for him (visible in the bottom pic).
Following him there are:
>guy made with a beastman body, an old chaos warrior arm, another arm from a bloodletter, an amazing head that was part of a musician's horn, and a mane I sculpted
>A wood wraith sort of thing made basically from a skeleton horse. I'm sculpting its arms, then it will need some fixes and details.
>Ser Ratsalot, aka a walking armour full of rats. The armour is basically sculpted on a chaos marauder, the helm comes from empire knights; I've finished one arm weirdly twisted dragging around a morningstar, and another wielding an imperial shield. There's gonna be another couple of rats sticking out of the midsection and others on the base, all from a plague monks kit.
I'm also making some hounds with human faces instead of snouts on top of their jaws, a spider made of twisted corpses, and a big fat guy walking on all fours belly-up with a mouth opened on his stomach, and both mouths vomiting rats (to keep him in theme with Ratsalot).

Ok, red is a pretty specific case.
If you miss a tiny spot of red undercoat, you WILL see it through the basing stuff.

I like to do a quick "resetting" step when I use strong undercoats, by thinning down black, and using it as a semi-wash on the base material.
After that do your first layer of basing tone.

Thank you! Often but I am enjoying my Papa's merry-men because beforehand I would never touch a marine Army but a friend talked me into doing these guys and I'm glad he did.

Tbh no idea. I wait GS cure and try tomorrow how much of the vaselune is still there. I guess Ill try washibg it with water after that.

Nurgle csm
Too much yellow.

Are rhinos still a thing in a death guard gang?
If yes, buy one, and go nuts. Plenty of straight-to-work-on surfaces, easy to modify, plenty of awesome ideas can be carried out.
Like switching top hatch with a fucking huge pustole of puss launchers, or vaginal curtains instead of side doors.

>Too much yellow.
who said the sand had to be yellow? You lack creativity.

That certainly is spooky, can't wait to see more progress, I especially like the ogre

Trying to make something dynamic out of a frostgrave soldier. Im a novice green stuff user though, any advice on how to proceed?

I was thinking of painting a few stormcast I have in zandri/ushabti/screaming skull/seraphim sepia with gold trims. The parts that are blue in the default scheme I'd do in red. But I'm not sure what to do with their purity seals or whatever they are. Would screaming skull washed with agrax be too similar to the overall scheme? What other colors could I use?

>sent my gift 3 weeks ago.
>Delivery time 3-5 days
>Still nothing from the reciever
Wfw this is something that happens around here and i am getting increasingly worried.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUGZ6Fiov2I

Thank you Brighton user! Just run out of basing slate and ill find use of the bits in my next batch of cultists. I love the dwarf.

PS: You stopped my heart there for a second, sending it all in a "one year white dwarf subscription box"

>strawpoll.me/14646380/r
Looks gr8m8.
Look forward to more WIPs and painted pics.

It's probably fine - maybe your recipient is just a shit. Or perhaps he's away for the season.
Or without internet.
Have you askes /ss/user?

It got there!
I'm so relieved.

It had never occurred to me that sending it in that box was maybe a terrible idea.
Glad no-one actually died.

I was going to strip the old Noise Marine, but he looks like he has already suffered enough, didn't want to do any further harm.
That's who the little hexagonal plinth is intended for, but if you put Ulli the Hold Clansman or whatever the fuck you want, of course on there I wouldn't complain either.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks guys. I just added some greenstuff corruption to the big boy

>posted about having massive backlog
>posted about how WIP is so inspiring
>get great and friendly advice
>haven't painted in 20+ yrs
>goforit.exe
>make wet pallet and git on going
>lots o' grots so start with 5
>all they need now is a bit more highlighting and a few fiddly bits finished then basing
>go to post pics of progress
>ultra-mega-potato can't take even remotely decent pic
>no digicam
Oh well, at least I'm painting again. Thanks for the encouragement WIP!

What's the consensus on Green stuff vs milliput? Personally only used milliput for sculpts but looking to get some green stuff over the holidays.

not without a bit of converting - hands and feet dont match up with the rails/hull very well

For an archer vaulting dynamically over crates, his look of mild disapproval/concern is a bit incongruous

You and me both. Love you guys
ALL the homo!

>Be a slow painter focused on rather cheaper sets of fantasy minis
>Got a sample blister of 3 SM while buying paints
>W/e I'm not into GW neither sci-fi anyway
>Christmas came - decided to finally paint these guys for my 2 yo nephew who loves my tiny dudes but constantly bends/breaks swords of my beloved swordmen
>Paintjob is a solid 4/10 but I love the cubature of the mini, huge heads and guns. Aparently they are just a pleasure to paint.
>mfw

were proud of you!

Also good on you for starting with a wet palette. If you want one piece of advice for someone who is starting to paint again: Dont stop at the wet palette. There are a million tools nowadays to make things easy. Washes, Enemals, Pigments, Microsol/set, Airbrushes and tons of other stuff. It might be a bit intimidating, but the results are astounding. Especially for orks you can dirt and grime your guys up professionally in no time.

Easiest way to do a decent glowing eye thing is to use this technique.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec

Not sure about the general consensus, but from my experience:
Milliput is pretty terrible. Grainy, hard to model, frail once dried. Maybe I've only been using the wrong type though.
Greenstuff is great, just very sticky so you need to keep your tools smooth and clean (of course).
ProCreate putty is awesome. Less sticky than greenstuff, and when it dries it looks and feels exactly like GW plastic.

I hated SM until I actually sat down and painted one.

I'm finally giving in and gonna try and drybrush highlights on my tyranids. I just don't have the skill for a good highlight.

C&C please, how are the orks looking?

I can only agree with The times I tried using miliput I found the results less satisfying then what I got with greenstuff. And ProCreate is great. The less sticky part is true, feeling and looks depends on the blend of the two parts though. Gray is also a better colour for fine detail work.
If you want to use sculpting techniques where you kinda drag the material along greenstuff might be better. Should you get greenstuff, make sure the two parts are seperated. The middle part of the stripes is worthless.

Here are more shots.

That they are I'm still waiting on getting one lol

dude on the left- his face looks undershaded and lacking hilites

dude in the middle needs his pants shaded, or a second coat of what I am assuming is mournfang brown.

Dude on the right needs a second, possibly a third coat of yellow on that pauldron, followed by a shade and highlite.

He still needs touch up but here is another lord c I made

And a friend

allsmiles.jpg

Same

24/60 done
Getting there slowly....

OwO
WHAT'S THIS

I like his uguu~ eyes

>moving soon
>need to figure out how to dispose of all the gnarly chemicals I've accumulated for stripping old models

neighbors pond

In the US, the garbage dumps also do chemical disposal for hosuehold stuff, which is basically what you have. Otherwise put it in the water dish of your neighbor's annoying dog

Thanks!

I've got 33 pots of paint and 13 pots of washes (all the old hex pots), 3 shades I just bought and 5 Vallejo droppers. Also picked up a pin vise. Looking to grab some medium(s) and green stuff after the holidays. May consider an airbrush in the future.

Does anyone have advice for multibasing miniatures?

I usually do the base at the same time as I paint the miniature; sand and such glued, then all undercoated, but I won't be able to do that this time as the units will be ranked up too tightly.

Any advice?

what scale senpai?

Lookin good there mate
I figure a little encouragement never hurts, they'll look sharp as heck all blocked up

Are u ded?

Not him, but I am- on the inside at least.

Thanks user! I needed a mek!

Thanks dude

OKAY MS from Fairbanks, your gift is SHIPPED :D Should be there the day after christmas
Tracking #:1Z2E09Y30309036555

that image seems pretty heretical

Go to your local auto repair shop (O'Reilly, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.) and they generally either know where and how to dispose of them or will take them off your hands for free.

Is there any way to make matte washes a gloss? Maybe add gloss varnish? Or am I stuck with what I got?

How hard is green stuff to work with? how long do i have until it hardens after I start using it?

25/28mm.

I never would have thought that simply making him ALL gold would make him look alright!

There's the alleged 45 minute golden (minute)hour, when it becomes perfect to work with.

not too soft, not too hard, and easy to sculpt with.

Spray gloss varnish on anything and it'll shine.

Hell yeah bud.

Also same - I suddenly 'got' Spess Muhreens.
Still not enough to suffer 40k's endless SM reign, but it's less completely baffling now.

Adding on to my box set death guard, have these and two other plague marine squads, this is the only choppy one. Really excited to play this army, they are amazing fun to paint. Still very much a wip.

And the rest.

Getting there

drill those barrels, Lad

Inquisitor I'm working on because I like to fiddle with models. Maybe for an Dark Heresy or Inquisitor or something.

No idea where I'm going with it. Not sure what to do with the crotch area since I had to cut away the skirt there because it was blowing in an opposite direction of the hair on the head I want to use. Any ideas? Was thinking of adding a little skirt like thing to cover that and the butt but I'm not sure.

Nice job user, I am painting my kit in the same colors and its funny to see the little variations you made to your guys.

I mean, I don't blame them. It was metal (now finecast) and those chains look like a bitch and a half to transport.
Also I thought of Wurzagg but I don't like the mask all that much.

Nice! I had to do something to break up all that green, and add a little variation to the metallics. Looking forward to painting the pooproomba squad once they're released as well.