Exalted General /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ud0GQVcjNU
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?505548-Exalted-Infernals-What-Is-The-Airspeed-Velocity-Of-An-Unladen-Scourge
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp
pastebin.com/ycHjXSPw
pastebin.com/L4gZK5gv
theappstore.site/app/1296692067/onyx-dice
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onyxpathpublishing.onyxdice&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> youtube.com/watch?v=8ud0GQVcjNU
How can one turn this into a campaign?

However you do it, remember that there were several Yellow-lines before/during JP's.
And every one who participated in the Red-Line won their respective Yellow-Line.
What I'm trying to say, is that every person who takes part in the Exalted Line, is a protagonist.

And that the whole race takes place against a back-drop. Never forget that.
The race must never be portrayed as the only thing happening of consequence.

Would Yu-Shan have enough crazy vehicles or methods of transportation to go properly REDLINE?
It seems like something to happen during that open-doors festival during Calibration.

I feel that you're going to have to make your own REDLINE-style vehicles. But there are seeds here and there.

>A stripped-down Warstrider, built for speed.
>A Palanquin, born by a thousand skeletal legs but no bodies.
>A Fucking Solar literally running.
>A Horse, blessed by the Sun himself.
>Another Horse, blessed by Luna herself.
>A Scorpion, bigger than an oxen, with pincers like axes and a stinger that sprays that green Infernal goo.

But you're going to have to find your own way to simulate the REDLINE experience.

>A stripped-down Warstrider, built for speed.

Godspeed Vanguard. Less Armor than artefact Heavy Armour; runs at (Dexterity*20)mph with a Ess2 Evocation.

Don't forget that Stormwind Rider is Terrestrial Circle and lets you move at 100mph.

Okay Demi-Satan, what Exalted Bullshit can you pull to make you go the fast?

Ascendant Nova Phoenix can reach any point in Creation in an hour. The only thing that can disrupt this fast travel ability is the endless desert surrounding Malfeas. This seems to be the pinnacle of Sanic Speed in Ex3 for now.

Moving back into 2e, there were Lunars who could supernaturally outpace anyone they're chasing. Sidereals could use SMA to do the same. While those two are good, they involve chasing someone, and thus end when you reach your opponent.

The Orichalcum standard appears to be Infernals, due to their association with Adorjan. Here's a link to a thread where it was figured out how to get an Infernal to break the sound barrier using Infernal charms, mutations, and the Gotta Go Fast MA.

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?505548-Exalted-Infernals-What-Is-The-Airspeed-Velocity-Of-An-Unladen-Scourge

Has anyone taken a look at the new dice roller that rolled out on Monday? What do you guys use to keep track of dice and initiative?

In 2.5e I assume lunar tattoo armor didn't give aggravated soak because it gets treated as natural soak? but does that also mean it gets used for charms like stone rhino skin?

or should it give that agg soak and not work with rhino skin?

Lunar tattoo armor is armor like any other, IIRC, which means that it is excluded from charms and grants agg-soak.

What changes in the setting, aside from making the first age slightly less genocidal, if at least some of the primordial loyalists were given the opportunity to surrender and be bound in hell alongside their masters?

such as 'forbidden gods' and surviving populations of nonhuman races like the alaun

Not much, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened, just to save resources on fighting?

So I opened the gates of Zen-Mu and unleashed the song that brought forth the world. The people who hear it have been driven mad by the knowledge that they will never know greater beauty and are now mutilating themselves and others. But, silver lining, our Twilight says we have a full decade before the barrier breaks completely and ends the world.

How badly have I messed up, and have you done anything worse in a game?

I'd say the Twilight is the one that messed up here. Meddling with forces beyond comprehension and dooming all Creation in the process is supposed to be the Caste's job.

Why would you put the song that created creation into zen mu? Wouldn't you put the song that created zen mu in zen mu instead?

Zen Mu is proto-creation, or proto-universe shit, where the primordials dwelt before creating Creation. If the source code of Creation exists somewhere, it's probably 'somewhere' in Zen Mu, provided Zen Mu even has a concept of space.

I know all that, but that doesn't answer my question

I know everybody hates scroll of heroes, but any suggestions for a heritage power for mountainfolk-bloods?

was also thinking elemental-bloods should have their own heritage power instead of sharing with godbloods

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
This is an old version of the OP. There was a new one that combined all the different pastebins together, here:
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

Also, here's a couple of Pastebins that I made here, for the most recent version of the monthly bestiary books:
>Giant Grosbeak
pastebin.com/ycHjXSPw
>Bloodworms
pastebin.com/L4gZK5gv

Most godbloods don't get Essence powers in this edition. Maybe just give them the ability to sense deposits of Jade within a certain distance or something like giving them the Unusual Hide merit with Subtlety to represent them being able to turn their skin into rock/augment it with pieces of rock.

Ha, on a semi-related note: I can't imagine how messed-up it must be to be a half-Caste.

I mean, let's say that your father was a Solar and your mother is his Lunar mate. You were conceived the night after the Primordial War ended, when your parents realized that they had survived and that peace had finally come.

You are like, several orders of existence lower than your parents. And you can't ever hope to catch up, because they'll just get more powerful (and stay just as young) as you age. Even if you refine your abilities, your father's Dragonblooded lieutenants could probably give you a spanking with relatively little effort.

Hell, if you Exalt as a Solar (somehow) things get even weirder. Now you have the trace memories of someone who was a Primoridal War survivor / died in it, and was probably a close (or intimate) friend of your dad and mom. That would mess you up good.

In the Age of Sorrows, it's different, but I assume the whole "Mom and Dad are gods, you're barely anyone" thing turns up a lot.

>Ha, on a semi-related note: I can't imagine how messed-up it must be to be a half-Caste.
That term's being depreciated because it's apparently a slur. They're going to be called Moonblessed and Suntouched, instead.

and yet metis are still a thing in werewolf.

It can probably be closed with an appropriately leveled Sorcerous Working. MIght be a good idea to take a trip down to Palanquin in order to have a look at their (defunct) portal to Zen-Mu.

nobody cares about changes to pc lingo in a fictional setting for a fictional not even a race

let em be offended, spiritually unclean anathema-spawn

Why does the general text always tell lies? Exalted isn't about fun and adventure it's about exploiting rules to force people to take actions they don't want to, including a diplomacy system that let's you dictate someone's actions to them

>Exalted isn't about fun and adventure it's about exploiting rules to force people to take actions they don't want to, including a diplomacy system that let's you dictate someone's actions to them
What?

>a diplomacy system that let's you dictate someone's actions to them
Except that it doesn't? You need to be able to exploit an Intimacy (something that they already care about) to get them to do something for you. For instance, appealing to someone's love of their country to get them to join your army to defeat the people invading that country.

So, anons, a Celestial Circle with Ambition 2 can "spread mutations throughout the mundane flora and fauna of an entire ecosystem."

Would you let this spiritually and biologically perfect the local humans by giving them the Ambidextrous 1, Eidetic Memory, Natural Immunity, and Exalted Healing merits, while allowing them to symbiotically merge with suits of "power armor" akin to Appleseed's Landmates that count as mundane Heavy Armor and grant them the Giant, Direction Sense, Danger Sense, Chameleon, Claws 4, Enhance Sense (Sight), Enhanced Sense (Hearing), Extra Limbs (4 Arms), Quills (Electrical Shock), Unusual Hide 5, and Wings 5 merits, all with the Subtlety merit applied to them because the suits of armor can be taken off (and, in the case of the Quills, deactivated)?

Would you further allow the creation of a bunch of mutant trees that birth the armors in fruit-like "wombs" inside their trunks?

No.

eh? natural immunity to what? did you mean something like possession immunity or disease resistance?

Natural Immunity is a Merit. (p164)

You seem to be trying to give them every merit you can without any heed to what these merits do.

Do they really need to be ambidextrous or to be able to recall minute details of events that happened years ago? Will there ever be a point where so many of your troops are infected, diseased, or sick that it will affect the BG as a whole?

Does this armour do anything other than grant merits? Why not strip out the armour aspect and straight up mutate your soldiers? The tree is fine, it could be a Sorcerous Working that transforms a few dozen people at a time, or it could simply bear fruit that does the same thing over time when ingested.

Well it's less defunct now I started opening it.

Our Twilight says we have to travel to the four corners of creation to enact a ritual to re-seal it. I also liberated the locals from Ysir, but when I left they were whining about having no protection from Ysirian counter attack.

Nyet
I suppose they'd need to find some niche in hell, you'd need some way to keep them there so the yozi don't have agent capable of just walking into creation and can't be banished, demons would have better access to prayer, there'd be a bunch of weird akuma,
I assume you're talking about 2e? Elementals and spirits were basically the same thing in 2e.

Iirc mountain folk had a godblood entry in 1e, they just left it out of the 2e books.

If anyone in your Circle knows Tiger Warrior Training Technique, it'll give them a fighting chance for freedom. Alternatively, your Sorceror could create or summon something to protect them.

If you've a Eclipse, you can use his Diplomatic Immunity to see negotiate with spirits, and use his Oath Power to get them to help save Creation. See if you can get him into Yu-Shan and and enlist spirits from the Celestial courts, obviously gaining a Sidereal ally would be a huge benefit.

>Do they really need to be ambidextrous
Yes, it lets them wield multiple weapons with multiple arms without penalty.

>or to be able to recall minute details of events that happened years ago?
It should help with PTSD, I think. This is a blanket benefit for all the humans in the kingdom, as well, so it has civilian benefits as well.

>Will there ever be a point where so many of your troops are infected, diseased, or sick that it will affect the BG as a whole?
Wound infections, trench foot, dysentery, etc. There's loads of diseases that could effect a medieval army, and historically most soldiers died from disease. Also, civilian benefits: now everyone in your kingdom is much more resistant to disease, with the commensurate health benefits that accompany that.

>Does this armour do anything other than grant merits?
It counts as mundane heavy armor. Otherwise, no.

>Why not strip out the armour aspect and straight up mutate your soldiers?
Because you're applying this to everyone in your kingdom, not just your soldiers, and you don't want a kingdom of obvious mutants because of the negative effects on diplomacy that would cause.

You obviously want us to say "yes" so you can justify it to yourself/someone else.
So just fucking do it.

How would Eidetic Memory help with PTSD? Unless you mean their inability to forget past trauma will help ensure it continues to effect them.

>Has anyone taken a look at the new dice roller that rolled out on Monday?
Link?

theappstore.site/app/1296692067/onyx-dice

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onyxpathpublishing.onyxdice&hl=en

You can create intimacies, then strengthen them, then springboard off them for effect. You can still mindrape people in 3E, it just takes longer and the ST has more room to dismantle it off-screen. But this guy is pretty fucking stupid because a major theme of Exalted has always been the abuse of power. So there needed to be mechanics that enabled that abuse. You're not exploiting mechanics when you mindrape someone, that's what they're there for. If the PCs are constantly being mindraped, though, that's just called railroading.

2e had 25 hr days, I dont think 3e has those. it didn;t do anything but give you that "Oh yea" feeling when it was brought up. they may have changed the gunpowder question of "Combining all the ingredients of gunpowder doesn't make it explosive enough" to "Combining the ingredients makes an inert powder"

My personal gripe with using Intimacies to fuck with people is that it hits too close to reality.
>You can continue to fight me, but will you be fast enough to save your [love name here]?
People speaking the truth in such a way that you come to a conclusion that best serves their interests.

that general text is more some kind of weird salespitch than an actual description of the game. if you want a better description, wait for this thread to lock and write a new one for the next exg post

>a major theme of Exalted has always been the abuse of power
which again, is a massively different game than is described in the header

How do you come up with the look for a character's iconic anima?

That's always been one of the hardest parts of character creation for me. I just can't seem to visualize what the examples look like half the time, let alone think of something cool for myself.

just go for something simple if you can't think of anything special

I try to come up something based off of their Supernal ability, or based off of an key event in their live, usually the moment of Exaltation.

A Crafter would usually have some sort of Crafting implement, for example, an array of sunlight reflecting orichalcum mirrors, such as the ones used to distill Orichalcum from gold, surround the Exalt, reflecting his anima banner back at him. A former slave might have broken manacles.

I try to shy away from animals, due to it being a Lunar thing.

In 2e, what did mortals who had awakened essence do? they took away it's boost to thaumaturgy, so what's left other than learning martial arts of sorcery? I guess they could attune a manse to get even more motes to do nothing with

Should Dragonkings be able to breed with humans? What about reptilian/avian Beastmen?

>Should Dragonkings be able to breed with humans?
Not without magic. They can fuck though.

>What about reptilian/avian Beastmen?
Most times they count as human if they are a Lunar creation. So yeah not really a problem. Don't know the result though. Probably human with some minor animal like features. Pure Wyld mutant is a maybe or maybe not. That is much more in the air as they may not be able to breed at all sometimes.

The problems I see are "does the child get access to Dragon King charms?" and "What happens to the childs soul upon death?"

DKs have perfect reincarnation, the ca recall their old lives from before the Primordial War. If the child has a DK Soul and can remember its previous lives, it should count as a DK and get their charms. If they can't they take after the other parent instead.

>Should Dragonkings be able to breed with humans?
I wouldn't allow it. Sirits can do it because they're creatures of Essence, and limits of biology don'g get into way since they aren't about biology. Dragon Kings are creatures of flesh and blood, though, an dtheir flesh and blood aren't really compatible with those of humans.

>What about reptilian/avian Beastmen?
Like says, Beastmen usually count as human, so sure.

PTSD forms because of how memory consolidation works. By altering the process by which they consolidate their memories, you might be able to prevent them from getting PTSD to begin with.

so guys what's your favorite martial art? mine is drowning in blood technique.

Solar Brawl

I have to admit, there's nothing quite as satisfying as kicking some poor bastard through the local masonry. The fact that there's also a charm that makes you go super saiyan is extremely appealing as well.

Is there anyway to turn your unarmed strikes into an artifact weapon or are they stuck as light mundane?

Sorcery. Claws of the Wood Dragon + Invulnerable Skin of Bronze = Unarmed Attacks are Medium Artifact weapons (with Evocations, if you chose Claws of the Wood Dragon as your Control Spell).

Sure, if you have a Neomah at hand.

generally there wasn't a lot, but attuning artifacts is also a thing, and attuning a manse does give you the hearthstone power

Would you allow a mutation based on the 2e hive and wandering po mutations that: removes the po from the body and creates for it an animal body which behaves as a pseudo-familiar, still mystically connected enough to the original human body that the character's mind and soulstructure don't really change and if you kill either body they both die?

2e had one hand fury from infernal monster style

No. I'd allow a Celestial Circle Working to make something like that happen, though.