Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Peak shitposting hours, edition.

>duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=OoZcV8nwacg

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Thread Question: If you could invent a new walker/monster for you army what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for new t'au non-empire models
do you think they'll be farsight or auxiliaries?

First for Chaos Primaris models now.

Does /40kg/ give THEIR DUDES names?

Nth for the 13th

Can they even be called ur dudez if you don't name them?

I bet it will be farsight but i hope its auxiliaries. i want Dwarves lizards and dogs dammit

I name a model if he does something worth noting.

>Thread Question: If you could invent a new walker/monster for you army what would it be?

A Tyranid biotitan that's worth using or doesn't cost more than the rest of the army.

I gave all my 100 or so daemon models names.
My mighty warhost, lead by Gurgle the washed-out.

I name all my HQs. My Heresy Night Lords are led by Lord Xethas the Huntsman, my 40k Death Guard are led by Phosgenus the Indescribably Toxic.

>DA Codex link not in the OP

Why are you people so dysfunctional?

Does this look decent for a 700 point 4 player game?

+ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Wolves) [39 PL, 690pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino [4 PL, 78pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters [13 PL, 189pts]: 8x Chainsword, Wolf Standard
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power axe
. 6x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Flamer
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ HQ +

Wolf Guard Battle Leader on Thunderwolf [6 PL, 114pts]: Frost axe, Plasma pistol

Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf [8 PL, 144pts]: Saga of the Warrior Born, Storm shield, Thunder hammer, Warlord

++ Total: [39 PL, 690pts] ++

I'm dumb.
Just now I noticed the visarch peeking from behind. It's taken me almost two months to notice it.

>Phosgenus the Indescribably Toxic

Gormenghast-tier name. I love it.

gib DA codex link

Well shit. Nice catch.

But of course. My warboss is named Grughkill.

Archmagos Dominus Anderson Castello, with his Daughter Beatrix Castello. He us accompanied by Datasmith Rubern Stromfort, Engiseer Grognak and Engiseer Lt. Lance Balakek.

>Thread Question: If you could invent a new walker/monster for you army what would it be?

A long time ago people were kicking around the idea of military-style mechs for sisters and I thought that was dope, but the Penitent Engine is already cool enough for me. Just wish it had an option or two, a way to get where it belongs, and was still a sister.

For whatever reason, piling on the embeds is now as much a joke as replacing the Duncan with some guardfag's weeaboo meme.

idea is to charge closest target with the wolves and rhino with the grey hunters and deep strike the hellblasters when in need some shooting

hmmmmmmmm

Captain Calvin Broadus, leading the first company of the Fists of Dolemite.

That's an edit.

The Visarch is off making out with Celestine in the original version.

Post pics that will make /40kg/ cringe.

Dominatrix superheavy in plastic for tyranids pls and ty

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

delet this

Not him but thank you so much user, been after that for days.

Though honestly the aesthetic is fucking awesome.

I think the fluff is a little snowflakey, something about this Primarch being "fe"male because of weird results mixing the Emperor's with the SoS gene material.

Gerar the Predator Commander and Ignaas the Daemon Prince.

how many kroot is too many? i have 60 now

>Dominatrix superheavy in plastic for tyranids pls and ty
>wanting a plastic Warlord Titan equivalent

You play a lot of 10K+ games?

Post models. WIP or recently completed too.

Can never have too much Dakkroot.

>too many
?

I'll name every model in Kill Team. Deathkorps are numbers, Sororitas are Claymores, DEldar are anything a random demon name generator can spit out. Been wondering what to do for a Nid killteam.

i have way over 100 and haven't used them in a few editions

My troops get callsigns corrosponding to the symbols on the left shoulder pads. The men come and go but the callsigns and their reputations remain.

The suffix indicates unit type. -Squad is Troops, -track is for chimeras, and -cog for tanks. Shown here are diamond squad, diamond track, skullsquad, skullcog, and more.

An upgrade sprue so suits can equip swords instead of guns finally

Cool.

Those tanks look immaculate, what's your secret?

I had an idea for what would basically be a carnifex or bigger, prehaps some varient of the hive tyrant that swaps its psyker abilities and it's ability for take wings for more weapons. Like a hive tyrant, carnifex cross-breed.

To give it 8th stats, It would be a pretty expensive ws3+ bs3+ s6 t7 2+ attacks 4.
It has a head slot that can take carnifex head options (acid maw, bioplasma, enhanced senses, tusks), two 'main' slots that has monsterous scything talons that can be swapped for something in the monsterous bio weapons or monsterous bio cannons (special rule to take two cannon weapons if it wants) or even crushing claws.
And finally one 'lesser' slot, two small stubby arms near it's waist. Starts with a devourer but can be swapped for basic bioweapons, or melee bioweapons.

The idea would be to make it a swiss army knife of monsters.

don't paint anything over primer - no mistakes

>Been wondering what to do for a Nid killteam.
Look at existing Tyranid Names
>Old One Eye
>The Red Terror
>Deathleaper
>The Parasite of Mortex
>The Children of Cryptus
>The Doom of Malan'tai

Basically a lot of Descriptives
>He's a big beat up Carnifex that's missing an eye
Or a X of Place

Some ideas
Venomthrope
>The Stealer of Sight, The Blinder of Eyes, The Cloud That Floats

Genestealers/Lictors
>The Shadow That Moves, The Unseen

Mawlocs/Trygons/Raveners
>The Terror from Below, The Breaker of Ground

Etc.

Speaking of names I'm trying to come up with a name for my GK Chaplain Grandmaster HQ. I want a sort of early church fathers vibe, but all of the names I'm finding I just don't care for.

>crusher of blood
>grinder of souls
>letter of blood
>thirster of blood

really makes me think

Tyranids only have the names their opponents give them as well - e.g. if your dudes have been fighting in Octarius they'll have proppa orky names compared to if they've been nomming Blood Angels on Baal.

2 Venerable Dreadnoughts with twin las-cannons+CCW&SB or 2 Mortis Dreadnoughts with quad las-cannons?

Not my model, by the way. But the one I want to use.

but chaplains don't have anything to do with ecclesiarchy or the imperial cult. why church father vibe?

I am really bad with names however some people here helped me with my Inquisitor's name because she resembles Rita from the Power Rangers. So now I call her Rita.

Because that's the vibe I want, dingus.

Is there a story reason about why Tyranids will go out of their way to hide the Fallens’ secrets or is it just the DA being paranoid?

bad vibes

The Judge

Themistocles
Augustine
Cassian

What will Valoris's sheet be like?
He is obviously going to be just below primarch tier and above any space marines.

BS 2+ WS2+ S5 T5 W8 M7 A6 Sv2+ 3++
CUSTODES reroll 1's to hit and wound
And something else
Weapon maybe S+3 AP-4 D3, add +1 to wound rolls against MONSTER and CHARACTER

Guilliman is undercosted so this guy will be too.
Maybe 250-300 points

Not a DA/Nid fag, so you'll have to tell me what you're on about.

OBVIOUSLY

Bump

Fallen have many friends
Whether they are bugs, chaos, green, or senile

No, I even see any way to make it make sense consdering that they're all just extensions of one being. If one tyranid knew they all would.

Prehaps, the tyranid in question is being used as bait by the hive mind due to facts some lictor learned? The extra attack reflecting the hivemind giving it extra adaptions rather than it determination to keep a secret.

I've got some fag who wants to play Ferrus Manus in a 40K game, how do I explain to him that Ferrus is dead and that it makes absolutely no sense?

No need to name them when I only field named characters. Everyone else dies like schmucks anyways.

actually make that ws2+ bs3+, if it was ws3+ the claws would be bad.

if he wants to play a game of pretend he should just field a dreadnought with fists

I don't know why, but "Anderson Castello" sounds like the protagonist of an Asimov novel.

What's your custom fluff? Can't really see Admech having family adventures, but I guess the Tychons prove me wrong.

There weren't many replies last thread, so show your collections

Why not let him field it every once and a while as a fun gimmick?

Because it's our first game of 40K table top, ever and instead of painting his stuff he just keeps buying and changing his mind, it's like dealing with an ADHD kid

Is it worth it to start an SM army now with the whole Primaris thing going on? The current selection of Primaris Marines look pretty bland, but I also don't really want to get the outdated "manlet marines" if we're getting more Primaris later.

>proppa orky names

Da Brainy Git
Flappy-Bommer

>more Primaris later.
9th edition will scrap manlets, because they never learn. You're safe with whatever you want for now, but you'll need Primaris eventually.

another epic frogpost

What do you guys think of the hammer I converted for my ven dread?

Da proppa krumpy one wif da teef

That works perfectly for the big or important ones but what about the little fellas? I guess the nid names come from their deeds through the eyes of who they fight, but how would a single hormagaunt out of 5-10 earn a name? Maybe name them as a pack instead of individually, until they earn a few injuries or honors?

Don't do it user, someone might see a mold line and start to hemorrhage if last thread is any indicator.

pretty good

Deldar army controlled by Dracon Maeglin The Thorn.

I also give names to all army sergeants, and tend to arm and/or pose them uniquely from one another so they can be easily distinguished.

and of course individual units tend to get their own callsigns, like "the halfborn" or "the carrion crows" when the squad members or leaders do something cool they get their own names and titles. like "Ismael the deathless" one of my solarites who got her title when she survived close combat with a blight drone which killed the rest of her squad, managing to keep it occupied for an entire turn after it blended the rest of her group and destroying it with her blast pistol.

I posted last thread but I took an updated pic earlier today.

Nice meme.They wouldn't squat normal marines.

Post your favorite game accessories you use for 40k.

>Maybe name them as a pack instead of individually, until they earn a few injuries or honors?

Children of Cryptus was a brood of Genestealers.

So I'd do the name as a pack.

I can't be the only Black Templars player who fins this pic offensive and highly triggering.

Delete this!

Templars were squatted at Cadia, though.

>year of our god emperor 2000+17
>literally murdering trees
Why would you do this...

t. a hist

>Why would you do this...
They refused to submit to the superiority of Man

feel like pure shit just want him back

>meme
You wish,

>literally murdering trees
>Why would you do this...
Because logging companies actually plant more trees than they cut down, and the world is much greener now than it was 50 years ago.

This assumption too is highly offensive and triggering and blatantly false.

Think of Templars' crusades as hive fleets' tendrils. The loss of one crusade at Cadia means nothing, we're all over the place.

Point to one example where they said that marines are going to replace normal marines in 9th.

Pic related are my dice for playing EC/Slaanesh.