If you were a being powerful enough to permanently kill Lovecraftan horrors; eldritch monsters, great ones...

If you were a being powerful enough to permanently kill Lovecraftan horrors; eldritch monsters, great ones, and old ones, just what kind of being are you?

A hero

A Great Old One.

An American.

Lucky?

In all seriousness, a god most likely, unless you have some "bane of Eldritch spawn" weapon, or are trying to finish off the Shadows over Innistrad set.

THE Hero

VERY, VERY ANGRY

Regular lovecraftian horrors that can roam the earth? A very brave guy with a gun or the right arcane knowledge.

Anything vaguely cosmic? Another god-like creature.

Doomslayer?

Mary Sue

>Kill
Well "killing" a great olde one is kind of a grey area. Technically Cthulu is dead already, he's basically the lich of a god. But its also stated that some of the other cosmic horrors have fought before, and are basically unable to kill each other, only send them into remission of sorts, like a torpor.

old man henderson

A Hunter.

An Outer God.

This is the correct answer.

This is also acceptable.

Just your friendly neighborhood eldritch god hunter.

A Kafkaesque being

All Lovecraftan horrors; eldritch monsters, great ones, and old ones are now diamonds. I'm on a horse.

Source?

What is this?

One of those old Deviantart OC "battle royale" style tournaments. Artist is Endling.

god it's been a long time since I saw anything by that guy.

Sauce?

What kiind of bomb ass plot is this? Made my brain go into every direction with ideas.

>Deviantart OC battle royale-style tournaments
Those artists came up with some crazy OCs back in the day.
Anyone know if those 'battle royale tournaments are still a thing, or has Deviantart moved on past that 'phase' already?

>If you were a being powerful enough to permanently kill Lovecraftan horrors; eldritch monsters, great ones, and old ones, just what kind of being are you?
Just right.

More than likely some sort of Outer God, as they're on the higher end of the power scale, capable of making both elder gods and great old ones scared as shit if they were to ever gain an Outer God's ire.

Why do I care? Such a being completely defeats the purpose of a setting with those creatures.

Once you become powerful enough, you stop being human. Any but the most strong-willed dictator soon becomes a monster, and he is just a man with the power to command other men to kill. Someone with actual cosmic power would cease to be human right away, so you'd be just another Old God.

Powerman.

God.

Old Ones are already Mary Sues

Demiurge level

Lovecraft?

Amen brother!

It's like killing a color or killing the concept of cubes.

A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream.

It would likely look something like this. It wouldn't be a being of immense proportions or great viable power, just a spark of hope against the endless seas of darkness.

A bad fan fiction author

The bottom picture seems to indicate that he is a MEC pilot in planetside 2, specifically one belonging to the terran republic. The loadout in the corner is displaying dual wielded anti-aircraft cannons. For some time competent fighter players were generally by far the most powerful and potent in the game, so i think thats where the killing gods thing comes in.

Doctor Armitage. Literally.

So Outer Gods are bad fan fiction writers?

Howe do you think they wrote themself as so powerful?
also OP seem to be implying something less being able to do it

A freshly born infant.

came here to post this, doing god's work, user

Azathoth waking.

God, with a big G.

Demonbane?

Something that exists outside of reality? Something that came from beyond the multiverse?

Maybe a creature that is like fire in a cosmic scale, just like wildfire can be beneficial in some ways, this creature destroys and reduces decadent universes and eldritch monsters to their base materials, allowing the multiverse to flourish again.

Such a creature would be beyond mercy or malice, it would not care about protecting one species or civilization over another, one god over another, it would exist simply to protect the possibility of life itself, and for such a being eldritch monsters would be no different from weed ruining his cosmic garden.

This being might have been the first to exist in all of the multiverse, and out of pity or loneliness it ensures life will continue to exist one way or another.

The Hunter.

A being of commensurate dimensional gravity.

A Burger (with a fried egg in it), a soda, a revolver, and tits? Sign me up to become an American!

The writer.

>The writer
You couldn't be further away from the right answer

Saitama

Man, the ending alone made it epic

what movie is this

A human. Only human can defeat monsters. Have you seen Hellsing, the scene where Alucard gets pissed off that his rival forsaken his humanity? Monster vs monster is boring, you know who will win. But with humans, the monster can kill thousands yet there still may be small hope for the thousand-and-first underdog to win.

Fucking "In the mouth of madness", you underage. A story about a horror character who gradually realises something is VERY off with his world. Because it's all just a movie by John Carpenter

Doomguy.

Caped Baldy

While I understand the sentiment Alucard was being a fucking asshole about it, what othe chances did Anderson had?

Ye mum's gay jewish black boyfriend who likes to rape white cucks in /pol/

So Galactus.

Hmmm Galactus is moved manly by hunger, but for a being to truly surpass eldritch horrors, it could not be moved by something so banal as hunger.

Of course, my understanding of galactus is very limited, sorry If I am getting him wrong.

That reminds me of... how is that called again? Kult.

In Kult some lucid dreamers kill gods and eldritch abominations by fighting them in their dreams. Good shit.

>AA max
That man is a goddamn HERO TO HIS COMMUNITY.

Fuck the aircav.

>That art style

That's Endlings' work man that brings back old memories

Another Eldritch horror.

>If you were a being powerful enough to permanently kill Lovecraftan horrors; eldritch monsters, great ones, and old ones, just what kind of being are you?

just an ordinary guy, with nothing to lose....

And also I have magic.

Just user

A christian
Praise the Lord!

A man who LOVES a certain book.

That isn't the original.

bump