DM forced my character and another PC to have sex

I'm pretty new to the whole TTRPG scene, and am in a 5e campaign run by a guy in my friend group, containing 4 other people in my friend group and 2 people who are the DM's friends. One of the stipulations of the campaign were that we not discuss our characters with each other beforehand, and that we don't openly discuss our classes or alignments even out of character. I and one of the people I don't know wound up basically making the same character, as in we're both CG paladins of vengeance proficient in intimidation and insight but not persuasion. I'm a tiefling, she's a dwarf. It took us a while to realize we'd made similar characters, but we just did session before last and the DM made some stupid quip along the lines of "haha your characters should date." I just kind of laughed it off at the time but I came home and cleared the possibility of that happening with my girlfriend (who is not involved in the campaign). It was cool with her, and I planned to discuss with the other player whether or not that was a direction we wanted to go after the next session. However, during that session, we wound up beating the arc villain and celebrating with the town. My character got drunk during the party (because he's an angsty half demon teenager with poor impulse control) and apparently so did hers (her motives aren't really clear to me at this point) and the DM says we wake up the next morning naked in the same bed.

I kinda didn't know what to do at that point, and she looked like she didn't either, so my response was basically "huh, I don't remember this, but hey, no reason to make things weird, let's just assume this made sense last night and carry on with business as usual today." We get dressed and join everyone else, NPCs drop some hints at next plot arc, everyone levels up, session ends, we all go home.

As time has passed, I'm less sure how upset to actually be about this? Is this normal? I dunno what I'm asking really. What would you do in this situation?

if it really bothers you you could have just said "no we didn't, I passed out on the bar and woke up there" or something

Ask the DM if he can come up with some wacky misunderstanding where the PCs ended up naked for a dumb reason without any fucking involved.

Convince him it's some romcom bullshit where they'll get together in the end.

Try eating some pasta with sage and see if you feel better

I literally just typed this right now, I don't know what you're on about.

Sure, I guess I could do that. I don't know if the "they'll end up together in the end" thing is true though, considering I do not know this player outside of the game and still haven't discussed it with her.

OP, you literally got imaginary-raped.
You should contact imaginary-law-enforcement and report it.
They might want to do an imaginary-rape-kit.

So don't come to Veeky Forums for advice. Got it. carry on then, I guess.

Personally, I find that weird as fuck, dude. The whole point of the game is to have fun, and if that sexual shit makes you uncomfortable, the DM shouldn't be pushing it on your character. Just talk to him about it, and if he won't take you seriously, maybe his table isn't for you.

That's essentially the best advice you're going to get. Talk about it with your DM and the other player. Try to have alternatives at hand to help facilitate the change of story and to show you pt thought into your request.
If the other player agrees with you and the DM doesn't back down, try getting the group to look for a new DM. If you are the only one feeling this way and the others don't back down, try looking for a new group.
TTRPG is meant to be fun and entertaining for all involved. If it stops being that way for you, look for a group that offers that. But only by talking with those involved will you be able to get resolution into your problem.

I could be way off the mark here but is it possible your DM is trying to act as a wingman and get you hooked up with this girl?

If he just dropped it as a one-liner then he probably didn't think that much of it and you shouldn't be especially upset about it.
What you should be upset about is what kind of faggot DM stipulates the players not talk about their own fucking characters? Murder him with a garden shovel the next time you see him.

This is what you get for playing nonhumans, not to mention non-LG paladins. You deserved everything you got.

you are one spinesless fucker you know

Bring it up with the GM before the next game, like "Hey, I get what you were trying to do there, but it made me (and other player, if applicable) kind of uncomfortable, could you not do that next time?"

>and the DM says we wake up the next morning naked in the same bed.

Ha! Classic.

>I'm less sure how upset to actually be about this?

It's up to you (and your character). How would your character feel about it? For the most part as long as no one is pregnant and it wasn't anyone's first time I think it should be fine.

But then again I like raunchy light-hearted romantic comedies so I'm probably the wrong person to be talking about this.

For the record according to said romantic comedies there's a 50/50 chance that you didn't actually have sex. Like what said.

Or you can treat it seriously.

Or you can tell your DM that that didn't happen, though if your character explicitly got blind drunk (like, that was your intention), then there's a decent case to be made that while sloshed you don't get to control your character.

Talk to your DM about forcing stuff like that. That could have been a neat build up to something awesome, but put at inherent risk due to adventuring lifestyle.

Instead I figure both of you are going to disregard the romance subplot cause “oops, we did it?” happened.

It’s ham fisted, and not very good story telling. If he got the okay from both of you to go ahead, it would still be hamfisted and lazy.

Mostly it violates player agency. That is, your say in plot relevant stuff that your character should actually have a say in.

So tell him next time something like that comes up? Discuss it with you before he pulls shenanigans.

Weave it into the story with the compliance of all parties and it will be more entertaining I’m sure.

You probably should have told him that no, in fact, they didn't.
Maybe he thought it was funny and that you two would laugh about it or something, since your previous response to the idea was to laugh it off.

>What would you do in this situation?
I would tell him that such important decisions (IE: benis in bagina with another PC) are better left to the players and not forced like that. Probably would tell him that no, in fact, they didn't, and then speak to the other player to see if they want to go down that road.

May sound "not fun allowed" but my character is mine, and I decide what they do or don't do.

>I kinda didn't know what to do at that point
Get up from the table and walk away

Your GM is weird as fuck, mang. But what I'd do is talk to the girl and suggest your characters didn't fuck, and just ended up like that for drunken reasons. And be ready to tell the GM if he does something similar that you aren't comfortable with in the future.
It could also be that he's planning her to get pregnant and involve the baby in a plot or whatever and make it really weird, but let's hope not.

>My character had sex with a cute shortstack
What are you complaining about?

Might have to go to ye olde fantasy jail for ye olde fantasy rape

Amen brother!

>How upset to be by this.

OP, you're either upset by it, or you're not. If you are, talk to your DM about it and let them know it made you uncomfortable. Don't make a big deal out of it, just state how you feel. There's no amount of upset you should or shouldn't be. I've had PCs do horrible shit to my NPCs and I just roll with it. I make it clear that I'm not interested in going into the details of how they torture or rape someone, and that just maybe this might affect how they're seen and come back to bite them, but I roll with it. It's fucking adult make believe, whatevs.

>Is this normal?

Sexual themes in D and D? Yeah, it's very normal. I don't know what it is, maybe leftovers from when we were kids laughing about farts and titties or something, but any given group is going to bust out some sex/drug/fart humor given enough time. I roll with it. Sure, there's a magic head shop that has all kinds of crazy glass and drugs for your PC to buy, roll Fort when you take a hit. Sure, you willingly go to bed with the Succubus, roll a Will save, then a Performance check, then a Fortitude save.

Important note: Check with the other player to see if she's cool with it. Seriously, even if she seems fine with it, it's not worth making her deal with a That Guy/That DM situation. If she says it's no sweat, take note, this is a Fembro and you should treasure her.

Rather than replying to your blog post, I want to fiercely reprimand you for your use of the phrase "X forced Y".

The use of "forced to" is maximum information loss about the act in question while retaining the expression of your feeling of repressed disapproval, or rather disapproval in hindsight. And it works as a wonderful clickbait.

To relate my berating to your situation: instead of expressing your disapproval the very moment it comes up on the table, you discuss the event in an imageboard. You play 5e? The rules of 5e favor player agency, no one can force you or your character to do a certain thing unless it is a magical effect that explicitly states that it does.

Please, feel bad.

>Two paladins in the same party
>With the same oath
>With the same alignment

This bothers me more than anything else, how did you fuck up this badly?

Wow, that is, like, so problemtic. I totally get why you feel so traumatised by this, it was literal and figurative rape. If you need a space to debrief then I'd suggest going on tumblr and asking for their help both in finding supportive mental heallth services and developing some way of bringing this creep GM to justice.

Or you could stop putting so much significance into a game. Christ. It was most likely intended as a throw-away joke that nobody expected you to dwell on for more than the 30 seconds it took to mention.

Kekd

Cognitive dissonance's a bitch, ain't it? It's almost like communication takes effort or something.

>This bothers me more than anything else, how did you fuck up this badly?
I know, right? How could two characters who have similar outlook, motivation, goals, and methods ever consider teaming up and working together? Totally breaks my sense of immersion and verisimilitude.

Your DM sounds like a retard. Find a different group.

I'm still stuck on the part where you asked your girlfriend before your character dated another character in a roleplaying games she's not even involved in

>Is this normal?
I can't tell, because I haven't played a character who was That drunk just yet.

>What would you do in this situation?
Honestly, if I was in your boots I would talk with the GM and tell him that my character wouldn't do that, because it feels weird to me and I don't want to take the game this direction. I would confront him, without being aggressive.

Then again, every time something sexual occurs, I usually respond with pic related.

you seem to be taking this a bit more seriously than you should for a game. Does your GM run more casual beer and pretzel type games or is your game basically a ghetto for acting rejects? If its the latter than I can understand things like asking your fucking wife if you can have a fake relationship with a dwarf because that would involve flirting with a real person who you aren't in a relationship and character is king but if its just a casual thing where you can conceivably hear something like "I roll to seduce the dragon!" then maybe its not a big deal?

Join together to hunt down the vile wizards who dominated you both for their own enjoyment.

>DM forced my character and another PC to have sex
Good.

Jesus, this is still up. I saw the sorts of replies I was getting and just assumed it would be a steamroll of "fuck off and stop being a whiny bitch" which I guess sort of answers the question. It's not that I was deeply triggered or whatever, I just didn't know if this was a normal sort of thing or the start of some slippery slope of depravity I should expect from this DM. Maybe I heard too many "that guy DM" stories and was being extra paranoid.

I doubt it, since he knew my girlfriend before he knew me.

Regarding player agency, this is the second time this has happened. The first time my character was given drinks for his successful exploits, I pointed out after he'd had a couple that he was technically too young to drink according to USA laws and probably inexperienced with it due to hobo lifestyle (so low tolerance). We made some jokes about it, I roleplayed drunk guy, and then at the beginning of the next session there was a little Hangover-esque thing where I and the other drunk characters figured out what we did last night (mostly just cheesed off the asshole racist guard captain).

Fine, poor word choice. "Forced" as in "told me it happened without my input." And yeah, I didn't bring it up at the table at the time. Surely you've been in a situation where someone did something strange and you glossed over it in the moment because you're trying to be civil, but when you think about it later, it dawns on you how weird it was.

I didn't think it would be a problem, but more communication is good, right?

>17 y/o freaks out while playing fucking PRETEND: the board game

Fucking off yourself newfag.

>tiefling paladin
>has a gf
>plays with a girl in his group
>”that racist asshole guard captain”
Fucking reddit incarnate. Don’t post here anymore you skinnyjeans numale

>Playing a game set in a fantasy world
>Worried what US law has to say about underaged drinking instead of what the setting says
As to your op, I get you're new but read the book it might help you to understand what is and isn't acceptable at the table. Also it's normally understood that DMs can not dictate what your characters do, feel or say unless under specific circumstances such as a spell. Even then they should let you role play being under the effects of such instead of just piloting your character.

for the most part I agree with this but
>has a gf
>reddit
What did he mean by this?

>It's up to you (and your character). How would your character feel about it? For the most part as long as no one is pregnant and it wasn't anyone's first time I think it should be fine.
His issue isn't about how this works from a narrative or character sense, his issue is that he doesn't like the DM just deciding that his character did something the he isn't totally comfortable with.

The fact that OP is even asking this question shows that he's not on board with this and likely wouldn't have decided on it if given the chance. My take on this would be to let it go this time, since it sounds like there are no lasting character or narrative reprecusions, but definitely talk to the DM about making these kind of choices for players without asking them.

>I'm still stuck on the part where you asked your girlfriend before your character dated another character in a roleplaying games she's not even involved in

I kind of assumed that this was supposed to be the bait of OP's post but nobody took it until it was too late in the thread.

>What did he mean by this?
He's trying to start an argument about social politics on Veeky Forums by
>implying
that anyone who has a girlfriend, associates with females (girl), or refers to racists as "racists" is not a true channer and is just here from reddit trying to shill for Hillary or whatever.

What happened to Veeky Forums? We used to be able to have discussions here.

I’m simply saying that some thin skinned high schooler who plays with a bunch of girls and legitimately think the big bad racists need to be taught a lesson doesn’t belong here and is wasting everyone’s time

Yes why was OP not helping the racist captain? Doesn't he know that racism is good? How dare he act uncivilly towards a racist, he should be acting uncivilly to all non-racists instead!

>tiefling
>he was technically too young to drink according to USA laws
>mostly just cheesed off the asshole racist guard captain

He does sound like a pussy

Homie, my character is a tiefling. This guy was being a dick to him specifically because he was a tiefling. You've picked a thing to be mad about and are trying your hardest.

>homie
You do reek of reddit. It would be better for you.

>Let it go
No this is the opposite of what should be done because the DM can then feel justified in doing it more. Especially if this is going the magical realm territory where suddenly turns out dwarf girl is pregnant. You nip this shit in the bud, not just let it go and hope for the best.

>homie

Oh, don't be a bitch about it. You got good advice prior to it. Having some rando shitpost at you is like the toll to asking Veeky Forums for advice.

You're a rapist, delete this disgusting thread, you male shitlord.

You getting oddly offended by some fantasy boardgame is worrisome, dude. Get checked.

>NPC is a racist and personally wrongs PC because of it
>DM takes control of PC and pisses off the NPC without the PC's player's input
>Attempt a "why are you so offended by racism?" troll against that player
An attempt was made.

That's another issue, and that is that the GM is a fuckhead or simply inexperienced .
The player taking it OOC is the theme at hand. Plus his posts reek of holier than thou leftist soyboy.

I have the opposite problem. My players won't STOP fucking. And they're all playing girls too.
This is why I don't use the Veeky Forums gamefinder threads anymore

>thinks its about immersion

No retard, its about balance and entertainment, leave your "muh realism" bullshit for NPCs

are they girls or are they "girls". Judging by the fact that you found them from a Veeky Forums gamefinder thread I am leaning towards the second.

The latter, though only one is delusional enough to think they're a girl IRL thank god, the rest are just RPing KOWEII YOORI sluts.i wear, I'm one more fucking tranny rant away from TPK'ing their asses and wiping my hands of the campaign

Is this what kids today spend their time doing?

I just wanted to map out some dungeons and narrate the villainous monologuing of sone dragons, mang.

You’re supposed to be a dick to tieflings.

It literally warns you the common folk will think you’re a monster in the Player’s Handbook. And you’re even upset by that? Mild adversity?

Holy fucking shit.

>how did you fuck up this badly?
>you

The GM told the players not to discuss their characters with each other. The OP cannot be faulted for following the GM's rules for character creation.

I don't know why people keep fixating on the idea that I was upset by the racist guard captain, especially because it's completely false. I didn't really give more of a shit about him being racist beyond overcoming him as an obstacle when necessary. The DM had my character take some petty revenge without my input while he was drunk. I just told that story to give additional context to the whole "DM removing player agency" thing.

read the op again retard

Man. How is there not more people pissed about the DM telling the players they can't discuss their characters at all? That's fucking stupid.

Some of my favourite campaigns have come to life through that method, honestly. Ending up with a Not!Dredd Streetsam on a team with a hardcore Anarchist Rigger was some of the most entertaining shit I've been a part of.

What’s the problem? It encourages them to get to know each other in character more

You playing online?

>oath of vengeance
sorry OP but I feel no pity for you

oath of vengeance paladins are a mistake

To be fair, although it sounds like sex was most likely, it still has some ambiguity.

Unless she gives birth to a red, horned midget baby, I think you should leave it up in the air.