Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Nurgle Land Raider Edition

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=M8Px7D-HpDY

>FAQ process explained, beta testing rules
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer thing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Goatse raider

Accurate post is accurate.

Help me make a shooty DAngles army Veeky Forums.

I have the 10 hellblaster models, 15 scouts and a converted azrael from DV to get it started.

That's at least a batallion once you throw in a librarian.

>going greenwing

What's the fucking point? May as well play Ultramarines.

Sammael in Sableclaw + Talonmaster + boatload of bikers

Can't wait for Manlets to be squatted so i can watch all your marine player whine about getting an update. While i have to sit here with my out of date aspect warriors. Fucking entitled fags

Well I have the DV terminators and some cataphractii I want to use, but I need something shooty to start with, no?

I have all of the DV bikers, and then some extra I bought off ebay, can those convert into the ones I need?

prolapse raider?
youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s

But the true reason, I don't want to buy guilliman. I don't like how it looks

my dudes > your dudes

Get some Black Knights

Forgive me, I am new. Those are the flail-ey terminators right? I really want some of those, am saving up.

Will necrons ever be a decent army again? What's the best way to go about fixing them? points reductions or better stats

Black knights are the specialty bikers I believe

>Will necrons ever be a decent army again
depends
does anyone at gw care about them?

Ah, I am not familiar with them. I just bought the codex today, still going through it

Points reductions usually fix things.
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Necrons, they're just overpriced atm

It's not like they Phase Out anymore

Both. Gauss needs to come back.

I have doubts gw cares enough to do so.

Know that feel.

Fix elite armies being shit.

Anything that kills necrons gets their money worth instantly. Theyre like giant stupid pinatas.

>Heretics

>While i have to sit here with my out of date aspect warriors
Are your aspect warriors made of resin or plastic?

If yes, don't bitch too loudly. There's an ENTIRE faction that's (for 90% of the army) still stuck using metal models.

Fuck, I'm an Ork player and I KNOW my boyz "out of date" compared to marines, but I don't give a shit because Orks are Orks and a Rogue-Trader Boy model works just as well as an latest edition Ork boy as far as I'm concerned.

What real army is still in Metal models? I only know of the SoB who are a meme army.

Sisters being metal isn't a problem, finecast/GW resin would be even worse.

Aspect models are metal and fine cast.
All phoenix lords are metal.

>tfw T'au and got redo's of units that were already new
>more stuff to come

the future is bright t'au boyz

Flamers should be free.

It will just be more suits. No matter how much i ask them for my Lizardmen and Dogmen i am stuck with suits.

>Gauss needs to come back.
You already have it you idiot. It's why your basic guns are -1 rend

Free to live the life they want to live!
Stop oppressing flamers!

If it is a sprue for Farsight in a Crisis in a Riptide I'm all over it

The lizardmen and the "dogmen" are the same race, Shas'la.

>Trenchers are too tall to be Guardsmen
LIFE IS PAIN

Fleet foot needs to come back for eldar

is that a fucking goatse?

DA epub?

>there will never be Xenos Mercenary codex with Kroot, Tarellians, Ambulls, Hrud, Rak'Gol and all other cool alien bullshit

Thank the Tau that bought 5+ Riptides and suits for two editions. Now there wont be anything but suits and zero attention to smaller xenos.

On the subject of flamers
>Plasma Flamer

How best to model a sanguinary novitiate?

Id want some robed legs but the rest im unsure of

>be in kiwiland
>inquire about price of starter box at FLGS
>it's super low for some reason, but the store has always been cheaper than GW
>pay for it straight away
>fast forward 10 days
>go to store to pick it up
>sorry we quoted you the USD price as if they were NZD, we can't give it to you at that price
>"But I already payed for it"
>guy in store calls supplier
>says he can give it to me for what is probably the wholesale price

I thought I would be saving ~$150 but in the end saved $100 so Christmas is still on!

Are you sure of that Shas'ui? i read that they were 2 seperate races.

>I only know of the SoB who are a meme army.
>Only a meme army
Considering I know 4 SoB players (3 of whom play at my LGS), they are definitely not a 'meme army'. Zog, I just lost to one of them in an Ork vs SoB match last Saturday.

Yes, and are Aspect Warriors/Phoenix Lords the bulk of the Eldar's army? No.
Listen, I'd like a non-metal, updated Ghazghkull model, and I'm sure Chaos players would like a new Abbadon model so we can all stop making fun of him losing his arms. But we have to be patient for the, as the Tau love to say, 'Greater Good', and hope plastic sisters come out before our models get updated.

Tarellian "dog soldiers" are reptilian mercs.

Wouldn't usd price be cheaper?

If all of T'au's stuff is weaker plasma then why isn't it all atleast ap-1 and why is it that their overcharge plasma guns are shit compared to imperial plasma?

sure, its technically there. it doesnt do the same thing it used to by any stretch of the imagination, and thus necrons have a huge fucking gaping whole where anti tank/anti-monster used to be.

thats what I mean when gauss is gone.

>and are Aspect Warriors/Phoenix Lords the bulk of the Eldar's army?
Yeah?

Because GW hates Tau. It's so frustrating being shit every edition while Space Chads get more and more buffs

The Plasma Flamer sure isn't shit
They also can't overcharge their plasma though?

The box is 260 NZD, or 135 USD. They quoted me 110 NZD, because they thought the price they were looking at was in NZD (but they were on the US site).

That's the point, they sold it to him for the US number in NZ dollars.

No, if I'm remembering right the only weapons they can overcharge are Ion weapons.

Thanks, user. This is the first time I witness a tank with anus, bleeding anus of all things.

Uh

>135 USD
>For a SC Box

wow

Something something Tau aren't cracking it up to 11 like humans something

>How little effort can I put into this I wonder!!!

Yes

>Plasma Flamer
What model has this?

They do have a weapon that can overcharge. Ion Rifle i believe its called. Which is their equivalent of a Plasma gun and its worse than imperial plasma. hell its only ap-1 on both normal and overcharged shots.

Y'Varha

Guess you could make.6's to wound against vehicles d3.damage

Tau plasma guns are their equivalent of imperial plasma guns.

>Forgeworld

That's illegal. If they advertise a price, even erroneously, they HAVE to give you it at if you bought it under the assumption that pry e was correct. Especially if its their mistake. You could call the ombudsman/fair trade office. This is retail 101.

that, +1 to wound vs vehicles or monstrous creatures, something along those lines.

>Already agreed to a price and paid for it
>Whoops its actually more sorry :^)
Any good business would take the loss as a show of good customer service.

Yep, this.

Anyone got the Necromunda rules?

Ion is a bit weird
It has strength and multidamage, but not much in the way of AP

I'd rather they just made the actual AT cost effective and made a stratagem to fuck tanks with warriors.

395 points.

A lot of FLGS run a pretty thin profit margin, so they can't always easily afford it

Heavy or rapid fire hellblasters for a greenwing gunline?

>On a 6 you do D3 damage
>So still a 1/3 chance of no change

Random damage and random numbers of shots were a mistake.

Tell me what a greenwing is and I'll let you know

dark angels shooty infantry, as opposed to bikes (ravenwing), and termies (deathwing)

well, definitely need something... right now we're just spooky marines but worse in every conceivable way.

Then I would go with Rapid Fire. Heavy is alright for specific circumstances, but you'll get more mileage out of double tapping plasma.

It's the S9 that tempts me, is it not as useful as it looks?

>keywords
>jet pack

Soon, gue'la. Soon....

It certainly has it's uses, but regular S7 will 3+ most things and you can bump it to S8 with a captain nearby when you need to. Anything that needs something higher is best being hit by dedicated anti armour

Only against things with T8

And even then two Str 8 shots might do just as well as a single Str 9 shot

Wounds land raiders, titans, and bugs on 3's.

Other than that rapid fire is useful as it keeps you mobile to see hidden targets.

>RANDOM CHANCE
>IN MY DICE-BASED CHILDREN'S GAME

They kind of *are* my anti armor, idk if I will have lascanons.

I plan to have this ball of death static, and bikers to run around to do things.

Yeah I think if they are in RF range then they win out for sure.

Flamers should have been auto 5 hits. Fight me queers.

2d3 hits would've been better

i mean on d3 the average is 1.5 correct? Which means if you overcharge you get about 2 hits of the plasma. Which isnt that bad but i wish it had higher AP. As it doesnt do much that a normal pulse rifle with a cadre can't

>kind of
Do, or do not. There is no kind of.
For real though, 8th is a bit hardline like that, if it's anti armour you need then anti armour is what you need. Otherwise you just need numbers. I kill a Land Raider 8/10 times at a guess with 5 Hellblasters and an Apothecary.

Flamers should scale with the size of the unit they shoot at. People setting each other on fire and all that. Like 1D3 autohits for every 3 models in the target unit, up to 4D3 or something.

Or, you know, just say 5 autohits and call it a day.

2 not 1.5

Better than expected.

Missiles should probably cause 5 automatic wounds, too

You mean hits? Because yeah.

well that was meant to mean "my plan for anti armor is 10 hellblasters, is that not enough"

Then you need Lascannons. Bring some Devestators and put them in a Razorback with Twin Lascannons