Horus Heresy General /hhg/

My space dad beat your space dad edition
Previous thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNZwbnQ9rc0
youtube.com/watch?v=lbC8OKruj-A
youtube.com/watch?v=nVRe29cQHow
40k.armylistnetwork.com/liste-93343-wrath_of_prometheus.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ulPgWVC08KI
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331153-blood-angels-description-by-adb/
youtube.com/watch?v=m8SBYkU1rD0
youtube.com/watch?v=7VdDRoz56Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=Nioflv9Xn5I
youtube.com/watch?v=PNP9lqMVnfw
youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=yWabGQBnzKo
youtube.com/watch?v=I2u2UFsXrNg
youtube.com/watch?v=kBCxklwft-0
youtube.com/watch?v=lIVgxFabzdE
youtu.be/GDpmVUEjagg
youtu.be/659Rmk91GO8
youtu.be/AoPqrzkYMJ4
youtu.be/EW9ztsayiSA
youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo
youtube.com/watch?v=XVe3AcbIKBg&index=5&list=PL4jRFgd9UpS1YC-WXOK-32yLIZjHR5LWB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best space dad

This cannot be ! I , space dad, challenge your space dad to a space duel !

Name your space location, space dog.

(Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) [1996pts] ++
'
+ Heavy Support +
'
Krios Battle Tank Squadron [250pts]: Krios, Krios
'
Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple [265pts]: Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar Class Siege-automata
'
+ Troops +
'
Adsecularis Covenant [80pts]: 20x Tech-thrall, The Rite of Pure Thought
'
Adsecularis Covenant [80pts]: 20x Tech-thrall, The Rite of Pure Thought
'
Secutarii Hoplite Phalanx [373pts]: Arc Lance, Kyropatris field generator, Mag-inverter Shield, 18x Secutarii Hoplite, Secutarii war plate, Triaros Armoured Conveyor
. Secutarii Alpha: Arc Lance
'
Secutarii Hoplite Phalanx [373pts]: Arc Lance, Kyropatris field generator, Mag-inverter Shield, 18x Secutarii Hoplite, Secutarii war plate, Triaros Armoured Conveyor
. Secutarii Alpha: Arc Lance
'
Thallax Cohort [165pts]: Multi-melta, 3x Thallax
. May be upgraded with one of the following augment upgrades:: Destructor
'
Thallax Cohort [165pts]: Multi-melta, 3x Thallax
. May be upgraded with one of the following augment upgrades:: Destructor
'
+ HQ +
'
Magos Prime [165pts]: Chainfist, Cyber-familiar, Graviton Imploder, Malagra
'
Secutarii Axiarch [80pts]: Arc Maul, Augury Scanner
. Exchange Power Maul and Radium Pistol for:: Arc lance and Mag-inverter shield
'
++ Total: [1996pts] ++.

The idea of this list is to use the hoplites as obj secures and as my general forward infantry. The thallex act as mobile tank hunters. thralls as a buffer for my tanks or more obj secure. The magos and Axiarch go with the hoplites. the thanatars and krios are fairly self expository You guys have any suggestions or advice for this list.

We're still in burger hours of posting, and none of them are here...
hhg is truly a dead game

Burgers are probably playing.

The space sector known as yarant looks perfectly suited for this

has anyone ever run a full SoS list?
are they good on their own or do they need the Janitors?

QUICK

post songs relevant to the Heresy.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNZwbnQ9rc0

that's all I've got really.

youtube.com/watch?v=lbC8OKruj-A

Relevant: youtube.com/watch?v=nVRe29cQHow

Alright /hhg/. got a quick question for you. So I had started my Legion using the BaC box, and I had magnetised the arms for my contemptor. Only issue is that I magnetised it at the shoulder, not knowing that ForgeWorld doesn't normally include the shoulders with the weapons. What's the next best place to magnetise my two new contemptors so they can still be compatible with my plastic one? I was thinking probably that little hinge that lets it swivel as well as the shoulder.

So, here's my list : 40k.armylistnetwork.com/liste-93343-wrath_of_prometheus.html
The plan is the following
Drop the command squad and the praetor on wathever super heavy tank or spartan they can find and blow it up
The tacticals go on the objectives, the inferno pistol is here to ensure they 1shot any artificier sarge and still have a fair chance at light armor, nuncio vox to teleport either the shield captain or the guardian squad in case they need help clearing up the objective
The fellblade, predator and vindicator try to ensure the destruction of the enemy armor
The xyphon is just my token anti-flyer

youtube.com/watch?v=ulPgWVC08KI
The official theme song of the Emperor's Children and/or Dark Angels.

(from last thread)
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331153-blood-angels-description-by-adb/

I can't stand b&c, it's just as autistic as Veeky Forums, and reek of circlejerking

youtube.com/watch?v=m8SBYkU1rD0

A guy was asking for ADB's thoughts on the Blood Angels. Which is what I gave. You don't have to endure the circlejerk to read the first post and the interesting things he has to say. However in case, I'll just repost it here.

>I think the Blood Angels have one of the strongest dichotomies of any Legion or Chapter. Much of what makes the Blood Angels of 40K stand out is a little less pronounced before Sanguinius's death. It's still undoubtedly there, though.
>I tend to see it a little like this:
>They're artists, painters, poets, architects, musicians, and philosophers - the very cream of humanity's creative and enlightened aspirations, risen from barbarian tribes that scavenge amidst the red dust of a poisoned homeworld. They don't create art in the pursuit of perfection, or to glorify themselves by displaying their own talents. They do it to understand what it means to be human, acknowledging as they do how far away they are from humanity. And, of course, they do it to understand, conquer - and, to some degree, hide - the dark halves of their souls. Some of the galaxy's most breathtaking sculptures and paintings lie in the deepest, darkest chambers of Blood Angel warships, or displayed in the chapels of their fortresses, never to be seen by human eyes.
>The Blood Angels are the Renaissance in power armour, with all of that majesty, splendour, and ingenuity turned anaemic by vampirism... with a mandate to conquer the galaxy on wings of iron and fire. They're paladins with sacred weapons and beauteous facemasks, crying out in inhuman choirs for the taste of their enemies' blood.

Haven't this been the general stance on blood angels ? And this dichotomia exist elswhere, in the salamanders or the custodes, most inhuman out of all emps's creations.

youtube.com/watch?v=7VdDRoz56Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=Nioflv9Xn5I
youtube.com/watch?v=PNP9lqMVnfw

Imperial Fists:
youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q

Death Guard:
youtube.com/watch?v=yWabGQBnzKo

Ravenwing:
youtube.com/watch?v=I2u2UFsXrNg

youtube.com/watch?v=kBCxklwft-0

>not putting emperor of the sun for emps

Why are the Raven Guard characters so crazy? Sharrowkyn is self explanatory and there is a raven guard Knight errant that guns down a dozen gal vorbak in close quarters.

IW
youtube.com/watch?v=lIVgxFabzdE

>emperor childrens, fabius bile in particular
youtu.be/GDpmVUEjagg

So will the AoD book be giving 40k rules as well for units?

Demons are getting rules I think.

That was a rumor, but nothing in either announcement ever mentioned anything about it.

They mentioned some generic rules for demons in the stream.

Can you ally Solar Aux with Militia? Both fall under Imperial Army on the allies matrix.
Also who decided it was a good idea to base Militia on 60pt squads with no platoon structure or transports that aren't a Gorgon.

Yes, you can ally them.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the Militia list. It really needs a larger capacity for models (the Renegades and Heretics list was perfect), and feels incredibly bare bones.

They don't have a transport because the Goliath hadn't been released by GW yet and the chimera hadn't been discovered as of the Heresy.

Still, the provenances are fun to play with. But it really does feel like the list only exists to be played with allies. It's actually kind of hard to make a large army with it do to the poor options.
You either need to run Survivors or traitors with daemon allies just to fill in the points.

Hope they finally let us know what a super heavy command tank does

Doesn't it give fearless to everyone within 12"?

Probably the same people who thought that 100 Zealot Rending 2A FNP 5+ bodies for 350ish points was an entirely sensible Allied Detachment. Doesn't matter that otherwise they're just Cultists, that's still going to be a royal pain to remove.

Good fun with movement trays, though. Given how most HH batreps are identical Spartan lists banging into each other seeing some Militia and Daemons and stuff is nice.

*FnP 6+. Can't attach medics.
Still, barely makes a difference.

>identical Spartan lists
It's kind of funny/sad that no matter what legion you select on the forgeworld website, the 2nd item in the list is always the spartan assault tank.

It's kind of rare around here to see Spartan lists. Use to be all the rage but now people like their storm eagles.

The only question that comes to my mind when you mention those cultists is "how many heavy flamers can i take for 350pts ?".

HH had so much potential, it's a fucking shame that it turned into the game of Fire Raptors, Spartans and Leviathans in different colors.

Yeah, that always annoyed me too. Especially since I play Mech, and Mech have about half a dozen ways of atomizing a Spartan just off the top of my head.

Also the Leviathan spam started to leak into the 40k scene at the LGS. I can kill them just fine, but it's still boring as hell.

Probably not enough to stop the horrific rending horde from running over whatever's carrying them and stabbing it to death. Tactical blobs are pretty good for FOTLing 30 bodies off the board and having enough wounds to take the Rending casualties, but Levies are really good at making Custodes and Primarchs sad.

Does anyone have Old Earth by Nick Kyme in pdf/epub form. Mega file that was posted one or two threads ago was too large to download.

Isstvan V was a heck of a war

> raven guard Knight errant that guns down a dozen gal vorbak in close quarters
what, when did this happend?

Are the Knight Errant stories good?
I've so far avoided the audiobooks, but they keep popping up in other novels.

>probably not enough
You tell me, 10 S6 flamers with torrent should do quite a good job, don't you think ?

Can't tell what that is off the top of my head. Aquilons? Yeah, those are the best pick in the game aside from Asscan spam BA for deleting hordes, but 10 of them are probably just a bit more expensive than the 2ppm horde they're shooting at. I was thinking of Marine flamer tacsupps, which are a bit wimpy unless you're Salamanders.

Salamanders flamer squad next to a Promethium Pipe? Yeah, that does the job damn well too. I still won't really leave them out of my lists against Sallies because huge meatshield clouds dying in droves is always fun for both sides.

audio book just leaked, check last thread

That was stated to be bait link with potential virus.

I'm listening to it right now.
Checked it for shit, nothing came up.

I think its good. I got it, no problem.

>Thousand sons: youtu.be/659Rmk91GO8

>Fabius Bile: youtu.be/AoPqrzkYMJ4

>The heresy as a whole:youtu.be/EW9ztsayiSA

> Puts his Warlord with the Enginseers
> Merchant and Phased Plasma Fusils
> 24 shots at S6/AP2 from 24"

Emperors children during the fall

youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo

Emperors children on istavann