/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: "Christmas' Doorstep" Edition

Whoever posts OC will get a waifu from Santa on Christmas day

Alright so for creator's, what's some aspects of how you make cyoa's (if you make multiple)

For example, I always try to make it believable. A lot of cyoa's just throw an introduction away, put words in your mouth, actions in it, etc.

I always make a shitload of waifus

It should be a crime that this isn't finished.
FeelsBadMan

I'm still curious as to how I caught the attention of someone who's pretty much the princess of hell

Nine times out of ten, I'd rather imply something than just say it. Instead of saying X is true or happens, I like to describe Y which can only be true if X, especially in terms of characterization. Generally this makes for confusingly pretentious walls of text.

This one's always posted without the last page

So be sure to update your builds

I've never seen this, didn't know there was a 2nd page.

Each page has something new. Four new sections in total, new companions, touched up the old ones, some swaps in Traits and Treasures. Plus various tweaks to the writing

And done before the Solstice. It feels good to follow through on a promise.

Here's the part where that post-project depression sets in. Anyone else in between projects? I'm interested in a collaboration, potentially.

But I want to be an adventurer

>Kingdom
Winter

>Traits
Eye for trouble
Workmans Shoulders
Master Chef
Hunter-Gatherer
Charm

>Treasures
Book of Lists
Smoking Pipe

>Travellers
Vernon Hughes
Constance
Lady Calista of Mezzanine

>Trails
Port Network
Gilded Coast Route
Vermillion Woodlands Roads
Russet Fields Roads

>Tales
Coastal Vacation
The Invitation
Settle Down

Question for /cyoag/, is 9 different sub stats of 3 main stats which all effect the cyoa mechanically too much?
I beta tested my cyoa with a friend and he said I had too much stats to keep track off.

It sounds like a reasonable amount of stats.

star dust wsa the most popular cyoa for a really long time

It depends - if the names are intuitive enough, it'll be easy; if they aren't, it's going to be a slog.

They're doing Polnareff dirty in this. He paid his dues.

Post more be the waifu cyoas to feed my autogynephillia

Do you mean 9 sub-stats overall, or 9 sub-stats per main stat (for a total of 27 sub-stats)?

The former should be fine so long as they're distinct enough to properly conceptualize, but the latter would be too many for the average person to be reasonably expected to keep track of mentally, and would be too much unless your target audience are spreadsheet enthusiasts.

Pissbomber ftw

Ferrean said he was remaking his half dragon cyoa, did he give a date when it'd be done? Maybe on Christmas?

oh my
on my way to bed but the fluff additions look marvelous!

That's not a real thing. Under Blanchard's fucktarded diagnostic, the vast majority of all women would qualify - cis and trans both.

Christ /lgbt/, just autoreplace it with "Veeky Forums fetish" if the term triggers you so much. You aren't going to convince anyone they're actually trans.

>Anyone else in between projects? I'm interested in a collaboration, potentially.
Well sadly you're a bit late for asking. I enjoyed your work but I'm currently neck-deep in a project and have the whole thing planned out. Everything else is ready except for the writing.

Who fucking cares about some retard who might have coined the term, it's a very simply dichotomy.

An autogynephile is a man who wants to be a woman for sexual reasons.
A MtF tranny is someone who believes they are a woman and may want to transition for identity reasons.

Under your fucktarded "gender" nonsense, the core difference is that an autogynephile STILL IDENTIFIES AS A MAN.

Besides, if we really wanted to get into where this shit originated, we'd talk about twisted asshole who invented "gender", John Money.

In no particular order:
- workflow: inspiration, conceptual theme, initial image search, actual concept, refined image search / writing / graphic design, basic balancing / proofreading
- I create many small CYOAs while working on whatever large one(s) I have going at the moment; breaks up monotony and writer's block, keeping the juices flowing and me creative and productive and learning in manageable chunks
- I only post 1 out of about 25-30 CYOAs I make, and not the best ones but the ones I have the most to learn from

It's not even a matter of being able to keep track of that number of variables, but the benefit in doing so.

Can I be a barmaid in this?

John "Cash" Money.

>Changelog: Now altough you are not suited for the murderhobo life you now have a spine
Great update m8 also coriolis looks like a really swell guy updating my build when i can

I don't know why either when I made this.

I think I was in a phase where I was obsessed with crazy powerful women (I still am, but less so).

>Pissbomber ftw
Yeah the companions was one big trove of references.

Does having that many stats really add to the game? Could you maybe instead replace it with "If your main stat is over x, pick one of these three tags you are especially good at"?
9 stats isn't the worst crime in existence but you should avoid having mechanics that don't really contribute to the game.

Is every stat properly explained, so the reader clearly understands how much of a difference one statpoint makes?

Ok, I'll stay with current amount of stats, the genre is reincarnation fantasy.
Not mad enough to make 27 stats
Pretty sure these are self explanatory.
str is for weapon checks, affects skills and quest/event stat checks
dex is same as above as well as some misc items like lockpicks/etc
end is hp for quests
all of the above are under physique, physique is average of the 3 and mostly for stat checks

int is mostly for skills and stat checks but also used to pay for auto setting knowledge of x and y, I currently have one item with an int req
wis is mostly for skills and stat checks as well as knowledge retained from previous life
cunning is mostly stat checks
all of the above are under mind and same as physique in being used for stat checks

luck of items is for points to spend on items/artifacts
Charisma/luck of relationships is for points to spend on companions
luck of events is spent during events/quests where you can substitute it instead of the req. stats
all of them are under luck and will be in stat checks, maybe
Some stuff need certain x amount of points in y stat. So I think so?

I've only done text pages and 1 page in paint so far so if the stats above seem bad I can still change them.

>Some stuff need certain x amount of points in y stat. So I think so?
But is it made perfectly clear just how much stronger a STR score of 8 is to a STR score of 7?
>I've only done text pages and 1 page in paint so far so if the stats above seem bad I can still change them.
If you can make it without stats, make it without stats. If you can't make it without stats, make sure the stats are explained in exhaustive detail... or prepare for people either A: spinning their own interpretations, or B: constantly asking "how much more ___ does having N points in ___ make a person, in comparison to having N-1 points in ___?" and the like.

This is the slowest thread I've ever seen. I'll assume it's because of Christmas in Real Life. Requesting for Urban Fantasy CYOAs (as in ones that occur in real life while the sheeple aren't aware of its existence). Or if you can't, Christmas themed CYOAs are also nice right now.

Wanted to see how my nation closeup images would look.

This look fine to people?

>This is the slowest thread I've ever seen.
I'm convinced that there was a time when a single /cyoag/ thread would last for longer than a day.

>Single Thread
>Longer than a day
Jesus Christ that must have been terrifying. It reminds me of the time there were 4 or 5 threads up at the same time.

here's the other closeup I've finished

Lots of anons avoid Veeky Forums because of haxxxor rumors

Oh yeah, that's a thing (phoneposting right now so it doesn't affect me). Any updates on that?

Will be posting one or two CYOAs to keep this thread alive

>all those cyoas granting user adventure, power, and independence
>my cyoa will throw user into indentured servitude

Will anyone even play it?

half of my cyoas throw user into a warzone

Will there be waifus?

>mfw I come here every time my life is so hard I'll do anything to escape reality
>mfw I've been coming here every day for the past 2 weeks

>I come here every time my life is so hard I'll do anything to escape reality
This. This is my first and strongest reason of being here, shitpost-filled threads (if I'm not in a good mood) or waifu threads or even fucking terrible argument-filled-shitflinging threads. My second is It doesn't matter if life is shit, coming here and escaping it makes living worthwhile, however recently escapism is painfully unavailable to me as I am too tired with living and doing work to indulge in it, and that cut from my source of vice pains me the most as of right now. Please let this virus bullshit end so I can resupply myself with escapism.

It's not like I need you guys to help me when I'm down like this, b-baka!

Nobody posted the new OC? Literally war on Christmas

Let Beri post it so he can get his hard-earned (You)s

Beri is dead, friend

I actually just went home for Christmas By chance, I just happened to get on just now. I'm not in a great position to post things at the moment.

Not yet!

Huh. I was feeling really depressed and disillusioned really badly half an hour ago. It was the worst I've felt in my entire life. I got a friend of mine to help me got back on my feet after venting, but seeing you reply with your air of peace really made me feel great again. Thank you Beri, your CYOAs always make me happy and as an author you're amazing, even more so as a person. I don't know how many people actually feel this way, but let me be the one to tell you that you are awesome and you make me feel happy just knowing you're around, working about. Please don't stop making CYOAs, even though Royal Revival 2 wasn't very accepted well. It was a decent CYOA, I'd give it that, though it was JUST decent. Props for effort though. Can't wait for Part 3 and if it gets better (you left me at a cliffhanger). Anyway, much love and may you have a very merry Christmas Beri. Thank you for all you have done. It means a lot to me. Thank you.

so i dont speak for everyone but if i ever post OC, please, post it. because i post mine like once and if it doesn't get reposted im just like "well that clearly wasnt good enough to be worth reposting"

Thank you! That means a lot to me! Though really, I'm more inclined to make a Royal Revival 2B before a Royal Revival 3. If I ever get around to it, 2B would be (not an android) a version where everything is still happy & fluffy... but the dark evil manages to escape into the night.

>Ok I tricked you
>not loli tricked you

Shame

I dunno first i have to see it

>Royal revival gets different routes
Well now this is getting closer to CYOA books and that's amazing

>Autumn Kingdon
>Traits: Brewers Palms, Hunter-Gatherer, Medicine, Basic Spell (2)
>Spells: Purify Water, Light
>Artifacts: Family Dagger, Charms and Wards (Jewelry)
>Friends: Minnie Walden, Coriolis of Skyglow
>Travelling Companion: Constance
>Trails: Gilded Coast Route, Behemoth Foothills Route
>Tales: The Big Job
The apprentice of a small-time alchemist, I inherited his business and possessions when he passed. Among these was a strange dagger and a recipe for a potion that could supposedly turn lead into gold. It calls for a rare mushroom native to the Behemoth Foothills, but no one has seen one in years...

There's plenty of other CYOAs for you. I wanted to fill a niche. A kingdom can't be made solely of adventurers, you know.

What do you do with the build? I'd love to know how you use Workman's Shoulders and Master Chef together.

Are you referring to the image in Legend? That's King from OPM

I suppose, though I'm not sure how to do it myself. I only considered travellers while making NaA, but you're free to settle down early if you want.

There's some ambition! Good luck up in the mountains, the corpses are stirring again.

It seems NaA found its way to Reddit within half an hour of release, which is almost scary.

What about a subversion where the evil can be sealed in you, but instead of making you evil it just makes you really kinky and horny?

what if the ancient evil is sealed inside you but it makes no difference because it's nothing compared to what is already in the average person

So, theoretically, if someone were want to learn from this, 1) be more upfront about what you are offering the player, 2) don't just describe the waifu' s circumstances and personality, be more specific about how she specifically relates to the player. Anything else?

>Touch Me Give Me
What can possibly beat this?

Oni gf for people that
>don't need to be the most succesful person in the relationship
>don't need their partner to like all the things they like
vampire gf for people that
>want to feel superior to someone
>want their partner to be dependent on them

I don't know why people don't like Vamp-chan. The fact that it say "Spends all her money" goes to show that she has a sustainable income of some sort. To me, that mean free money and weed. Plus, assuming she can turn me into a vampire too, then food will become a fuck-ton cheaper.
Vamp-chan all the fucking way. Enjoy your uptight Oni cunt, plebs.

both are meh
between the two of them i'd go for lazy vamp, since she at least doesn't mock my pastimes

Dimensional Traveller 2.2

More points, powers and options with drawbacks.

Why not all of them?

White is "pure" in the sense she's not a slut.
Black look uncomfortable and put off
Blue looks like a cock gulper.

White for waifu, Blue for if it's just a dirty fuck-toy.

>black is actually brown

Japan doesn't understand elves. They make dark elves brown instead of black/blue.

I'd prefer the vampire too, to be honest. I just don't post much here.

having a grill suck your blood is a major turn off tho

Yet having a grill suck your dick somehow isn't

why does it turn you off if she sucks his blood

the penor is full of blood, user

chomp chomp

people don't really contemplate how sensitive the wrists and neck are. shits going to hurt.

Only a trifle compared to the prospect of immortality. You have a shot to keep your dumb ass from getting polio, what's some blood succ matter if you get to exist to see the heat death of the universe?

Well, if she wants me too, I can't argue.
unzips dick

She sucks you once, you become a vampire and she can no longer gain sustenance from you. Then you'd both prey on innocent people.
Any more blood sucking between the two of you would be sexual.

Immortality is apalling.