Pick ONE (1):

Pick ONE (1):

>a. Run a game using a system you've homebrewed from scratch
>b. Run a game using your personal selection of rules from GURPS

Pick ONE (1):
>a. Play a game the DM has homebrewed from scratch
>b. Play a game the DM has compiled from GURPS

A, both.

B, both. I trust GURPS to be more stable than anything some rando came up with, and I don't have any delusions that I could make a stable and functional system myself, either.

A, both times. I'm not familiar with GURPS, and I'd rather work with a system I made and am therefore familiar with, or a system the GM has made which likely lifts a lot of concepts from games I'm more familiar with, than try and puzzle out GURPS with no time to do so.

A
B

I like making my own systems/games. And i have never played GURPS, so i would love to play it with a good GM.

To be honest, I like basing homebrews on GURPS, but I tend to mess around so much with some of its basic mechanics, so I'm not sure you'd call it 'using GURPS'.

a
a

Why does Veeky Forums hate GURPS?

I have done all 4, though if I don't know the DM I'd rather do the GURPS first and decide if they're retardes before continuing.

Same reasoning, too.

it's not hate, it's more of a "prefer other things" for me.

A) If I'm building a homebrew there is a very good reason for it, and it's that I'm looking to run a very specific kind of game with a very specific kind of feel. 2 things gurps cannot do in any competent capacity.

B) Of every gm that I know and regularly game with I know for a fact none of them break out probability tables or test fiddly rule interactions. Because they rarely if ever do they comprehensively homebrew. Though honestly I wouldn't even trust one of them to run the game in gurps, because that would require finding rules and extra books and shit, and I know for a fact they wouldn't read half of what they'd need to.

A, unless I was really strapped for time or wanted to make it really crunchy
B, unless I trusted the DM highly

Let's switch it up.

Pick ONE (1):
>a. Run a game using a system you've homebrewed from scratch
>b. Run a game using your personal selection of rules from GURPS
>c. Run a game using a homebrewed version of D&D 3.pf OR D&D 5E.

Pick ONE (1):
>a. Play a game the DM has homebrewed from scratch
>b. Play a game the DM has compiled from GURPS
>c. Play a game the DM has homebrewed based on D&D 3.pf OR D&D 5E.

Non-pleb mode: explain your choice.

I'm too lazy to homebrew my own shit and it wouldn't be good even if I did, I'm too lazy to learn GURPS since a specialized system would be far better, and 3.pf in any form would never be vomited onto my table. I guess that leaves 5e.

Homebrewing 3.pf or 5e when you can just use something else is the height of retardation to me, so not that one. With the homebrewed system I'm either getting utter shit or something amazing. GURPS will probably be at least mediocre so I'll go with GURPS.

B.

As for A, see As for C, fuck 3.x and a 5e is meh on its best days.

>I'm too lazy to learn GURPS since a specialized system would be far better
On the other hand, once you learned GURPS, you don't have to learn other systems anymore.

Other than, you know, a good one.

But you'd already know GURPS, no need to learn it all over again for a different game/setting.

Most systems can be picked up quickly. Honestly he should just homebrew each time if he doesn't want to pick up a system. Make his own fastplay one based on an appropriate skirmish wargame or the like.

Or based on GURPS Lite.