/swg/ - Star Wars general

Your average PC edition
Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

And you gotta keep in mind a lot of that space wasn't even loyal to the Separatists. Outside of Muunilinst, they had no support base in that region and it was pro-Republic rebels fighting CIS Forces (that region ended up the most loyal to the Empire, even in nu-canon ,its strongly implied First Order Space is around the territory of the Legends Imp Remnant)

Going by TCW, by the time of that map in your picture, their only loyal pieces would be the region around Raxus, Saleucami, Jabiim, that bit close to Mon Calamari and Mustafar of course, but not the surrounding region which ended up being Tarkin's stomping grounds and incredibly loyal to the ideals of the New Order as well.

Repostan from old thread. Also on that note, I'm really not sure why there's people still being CIS holdouts as noted in the New Canon. The whole thing was specifically made for Sheev having this obviously evil and corrupt organisation to defeat to put up the building blocks for the Galactic Empire. Even though LOTF was flawed as fuck, I like how the old Confederate ideals end up appealing to places that have an independent streak like Corellia and the Bothans rather than in old CIS space.

I'd not have minded the final "duel" if it were actually a fucking duel. Luke went out without dignity, alone on a faraway planet.

I feel the entire thing was built around let go of the fucking past, thinking about it. But that doesn't excuse that whole end sequence.

Neat.

Would you eat a roasted porg?

Do you think you would like it?

Would you eat it regularly if you could?

Hey, I have a question for people familiar with the FFG Star Wars RPG.

I'm in the process of creating a character, and if I got it right, if I want to raise my Brawn from 2 to 3, that'd be 30 xp.

So just to look at other characters for reference, I looked at one of the human character folios, Sasha, but it only has me more confused, because this is official material and she's got 2 Brawn, 3 Agility, 3 Intellect, 3 Cunning, 3 Willpower, and 2 Presence. But as a human, she would've started at 2/2/2/2/2/2, and increasing 4 Characteristics up to 3 would've costed 30+30+30+30, i.e. 120 XP.

But humans only start with 110 XP.

So just that I'm right here; if I have a base Characteristic of 2, raising it to 3 would cost 30, and raising it again to 4 would cost an addition 40? Meaning that to raise from 2 to 4 would cost 70 XP?

Looks like it'd be fairly gamey. Which is fine, I guess, but it sort of limits you to hearty recipes.

I eat a lot of chicken user, yes. Also the scene with the porg aboard the Falcon reminded me of the gizka from KOTOR 1.

I believe the prebuilt characters just have more starting exp for some reason. That's what I heard at least.

>without dignity
Actually I think that was possibly the most dignified death in the entire series so far.
He does his thing, does his delaying tactic, reconnects with the Force for the first time in years and then fades away to become one with it. Everyone else gets some sort of violence, whilst he sits cross legged watching a dawn. That's pretty damn dignified.

Well that's just fucking stupid. Why break your own fucking rules in material intended to help people learn the system? FFG you fucking knobs.

I just figured they were meant to be characters who had been around a bit and had a session already.
But, yeah, it's a bit odd really.

Also, how stupid is it to take another specialization on creation? I really want to start as a Hired Gun Demolitionist/Sapper, but being so strapped for XP makes it feel doublebadnotgood.

>been around a bit and had a session already.
Yeah, but you can't actually spend XP on Characteristics past character creation, so that shouldn't affect Characteristics anyway.

Thanks for the (You) friend.

...Shit you're right, I completely forgot that.
Guess they just screwed up.

Maybe they made the premades before slightly changing the rules or something and never caught it.

The general consensus seems to be spend your points in raising your main attributes since you can't raise those easily after character creation.

Admittedly I don't have a lot of good experience because my group has... Issues.

fuck, you're right. Movie got better now.;-;

I had never seen those maps and never realized that Ep III was literally the Pubs chasing the CIS back to their holes. The thing is so focused on Anakin lmao.

I believe it's because the prebuilt has +10 bonus xp for obligation. You can do the same with your character.
It's very bad, because characteristics are fucking king in FFG, and it's very rare to raise them. Your starting xp should be spent enitrely on characteristics, everything else come after.
Due to how the game is made, a character who raised his characteristics but have no skills or talents raised will be more effective than one with worse characteristis but better skills and talents.

Well like I said the whole CIS thing was set up for a fall so Sheev can look like a hero to the masses. Only way I can think for them to survive is having Sheev die early in the first stages of the war, but have Dooku survive because the CIS Leadership is a bumbling mess without him and would've probably collapsed into civil war.

>'m really not sure why there's people still being CIS holdouts as noted in the New Canon
I would imagine they were mostly local independence/anti-republic type movements that threw in with the CIS during the war, and remained active in those causes after the collapse of the wider CIS
Something like how the UPA kept fighting for almost a decade after the collapse of the axis powers who they were once ostensibly allied to

In all honesty the force hologram just makes him look lazy.

She was a great Admiral and if Poe wasn't such a hot headed dumbass 90% of the resistance would still be alive.

She didn't even use the abandoned ship as a shield.

Hey guys, Saga Edition gm here looking to bounce some ideas back and forth.

So my players are in the slums of this planet and I need some side quest ideas. One side quest is helping the locald by retreiving something from a gang HQ via sewer system (like kotor1). But what else would be good?

The planet is a concrete jungle. Its pretty much the space boonies. A lot of gangs have taken up residence in the slums and if that isnt bad enough a virus has been spreading and the capital city of the planet has closed its doors to the sick and poor unless they can afford a stupidly overpriced passcard. Thats what I got so far.

A shield for what? For some reason the supremacy turbo lasers can arc.

What do you expect him to do? Do you think he can just lift his ruined ship out of the ocean, repair it in a jiffy, zip through the galaxy to where the battle's taking place while avoiding the Imperial presence surrounding the world, join the fight taking place in front of the old base and kick all sorts of ass?

"12. There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: (1) Recklessness, which leads to destruction; (2) cowardice, which leads to capture; (3) a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; (4) a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; (5) over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble.

13. These are the five besetting sins of a general, ruinous to the conduct of war.

14. When an army is overthrown and its leader slain, the cause will surely be found among these five dangerous faults. Let them be a subject of meditation."

For the transports, as much as they can it doesn't mean that it'd make it a whole lot harder to shoot if a 3km durasteel pickle was blocking your line of fire.

Yes Luke is a mechanic remember? And there was no imperial presence surrounding the world.

So does the first order just not have bombers?

Do they only have TIE/fo, SF, and silencers, alongside various shuttles?

Luke is a farmboy, he has never given any hint of being able to actually fix things.

She would not have been able to protect them especially if they decided to launch TIEs (which they should have done from the beginning). She had no choice but to perform the Holdo maneuver.

You must not know about farms... Besides Luke has been shown fixing on his X-wing in comics.

He was the handyman of his farm, he was the one than had to clean and repair the droids when he got them.

The transports were cloaked and the First Order weren't meant to run a scan for them. The assumption was that the First Order would destroy the cruiser and believe that they crushed the last of the Resistance, at least for a day or two. This was ruined by DJ sharing that information with the First Order, causing them to run a scan that they wouldn't have otherwise done. Holdo maneuvering the cruiser into a position that would have guarded the transports would have seemed fishy and given the transports away if she did it before the scan. If she did it after the scan and when the First Order began firing, then there's no way of knowing whether or not the cruiser would have held out long enough for the transports to get to the surface unmolested.

It was a sound plan, sounder than Poe's at least.

Poe's plan would have worked if the director wasn't dead set on deconstructing the entire Star Wars movie experience

Fair point...
How did DJ know about the plan?

Actually even Dooku didn't believe in the CIS according to the ROTS Novelization. He hated the corrupt aliens and the plan he made with Sheev was for him to 'defect' to the Republic after getting 'imprisoned by Anakin' on the Invisible Hand, framing all of the CIS atrocities on Grievous.

He overheard Finn and Poe talking about it in the ship. The camera quickly pans to DJ to show him listening in.

Poe shared the plan with Finn and Rose, which was overheard by DJ. DJ shared this information with the First Order for big, big money.

>if she did it before the scan
As soon as one got hit that ship should've been double timing it

>Firrerreo

They were from The Crystal Star, and their genocide remains one of the most badly-written, confusing, and incoherent scenes in that book, which itself is one of the most badly-written, confusing, and incoherent stories in the history of Star Wars. This is one case where I don't think any credibility should be given to this particular piece of fiction whatsoever. It's the same as saying space diapers are legit canon because it says so in Aftermath. Some things are better left ignored and forgotten.

>outright stated in the movie earlier Rey doing something similar should have killed her from the strain
Exact opposite of lazy.
I'm in the camp that hates most of the "REMEMBER STAR WARS" moments but man I'm almost kinda disappointed they set up for another X-Wing lift and then didn't do it.

It's true that Holdo should have acted far faster than she did, whether she moved to protect the transports or went through with her light speed suicide. If she did, she would have saved twice as many of the transports.

She was the Wesley Crusher of star wars

Yeah maybe because Rey was not a Jedi Master with Skywalker blood.

>I'm almost kinda disappointed they set up for another X-Wing lift and then didn't do it.
RIGHT?
Fuck im glad im not the only one, that really bugged me.
I was really on the edge of my seat during Crait, as well, waiting for Luke to come screaming into the battle in his T-65.

An X-Wing lift would've been a nice callback. Callbacks are fine IMO, but it's when the movie isn't even a movie that it becomes a problem.

TFA, RO, and most of TLJ have all been a series of images, not movies, of recognizable shit. Seriously, if you broke RO down, it's literally just 60+ minutes of cycling still images of X-Wings, Star Destroyers, etc. with "APPLAUD" subtitles attached to each.

She was a great second in command.

I'd have a more charitable view of her if she wore a goddamn uniform like a proper officer and had normal hair.

She was a better commander than Poe to be sure, but she caused her own mutiny by not letting Poe in on the loop despite the fact that he's still got to be pretty senior in her org and he has enough charisma to get the junior officers to mutiny.

Rebellion and Resistance officers aren't exactly known for practical attire.

We can all admit the greatest loss of the film is Tally, and her dashing scarf, right?

That is fucking bullshit and you know it reddit letter media shill. The movie is set like a week before ANH. Not only that unlike TFA, R1 added new vehicles, trooper types, droid designs and even added weapons and martial arts. Fuck off with that shitty YouTube reviewer argument.

She was a political leader, not an Admiral. Note how all officers other than the Wookie and main characters did wear proper uniforms in Ep VI.

That still doesn't justify improper attire. And Mon Mothma in the OT didn't take to the field in those clothes. Ackbar had command of the Endor fleet and he wore a uniform. Even Leia dressed somewhat sensibly on Hoth and Endor.

There's a lot to unpack here.

>new vehicles
Reskinned ships, reskinned AT-ATs, and brand new miscellaneous rebel ships that we've seen before in the Expanded Universe?

>trooper types
Edgelord Deathtroopers that end up being just as overwhelmingly incompetent as every other Imperial in the film.

>droid designs
Quipbot 5000 should've stayed in the junkyard.

>weapons
Reskinned weapons we've already seen before?

>martial arts
Yes, a monk being able to beat up 70 stormtroopers with a stick while dodging blaster bolts is such a great addition to canon.

I don't recall Holdo taking part in skirmishes on the field in TLJ. She's only present on the fleet, which I don't think counts as 'the field.' Besides, when we first encounter Leia in ANH, she's got equally silly hair and clothes despite being a high ranking figure on one of the Rebellion's military vessels.

I don't really see Holdo's look as out of place, compared to previous female authority figures we've seen in Star Wars.

You don't seem to know much about farms.

Lamborghini was a farmboy.

>she's got equally silly hair
It's not pink.

>new vehicles
atmospheric TIEs, Uwings, re-canonized Hammerheads, Raddus ship
>trooper types
Killed more than any imperial stormtrooper in the franchise doesn't spell incompetent to me and using edgelord as an insult makes me think you are 12
>droid designs
K2 was a unique design whether you liked his humor or not dumbass
>weapons
Baze and Chirruts weapons are definately unique and are not reskins
>martial arts
Yes this is fucking star wars what the fuck are you complaining about not to mention Chirrut is mildly force sensitive

For those thirsty for star wars charm but left waiting/displeased with the current stuff are they any similar properties or good homages to seek out?

Leia's hair looks alien, foreign. It's obvious it's a goofy style, but it's a believable style nonetheless.

Tumblo is just normal hair washed with light pink.

Samurai Jack

She wasn't in uniform because she had to play the senators daughter going in diplomatic mission angle user.
While purple head was a comander. Hell, even Spanish militias during the napoleon invasion had they own uniforms, how comes the rebels can't do the same?

If you are a civilian leader you are free to wear whatever you want. If you are a military leader (and you expect your troops to wear a uniform), you are not free to wear whatever you want. A military leader does not live for him or herself, and so has less freedom.

Just because we're used to Leia's buns after decades of seeing them, doesn't make them any less silly than pink hair.

I'm pretty sure part of the point is that Holdo stands out like that, she looks a bit odd. The movie is getting you to give her the sideeye, to wonder if she's a good person or the right one to lead, and then at the end you have to go "okay, so she did at least have everybody's best intentions at heart".

She is a weirdo, this is intentional. Weirdos can be heroes to.

You weirdos

What's the best system if I want to play an OOM droid with a bad attitude who acts like a Vietnam vet?

Not that user, but that's pretty partly to form a new expanded universe.
Any X-wing game added more than the actual nu-canon.

Mon Mothma is a senator and politician, not a military leader.
Princess Leia wears uniform on Hoth and Endor and with the fleet, despite not being afforded military rank.
Then with the resistance as a general, she wears a uniform on D'Qar.
Then inexplicably changes into some weird senatorial shit for TLJ.

Holdo should've been wearing a uniform.
Sure, give her the hair and let her wear her jewellery with the uniform.
But uniform nonetheless.

>atmospheric TIEs
What even
>U-Wings
An unnecessary design when we already had better ones
>Hammerheads
Already a thing and used in the dumbest way possible in the film
>Raddus ship
Big deal.
>Killed more than any imperial stormtrooper
ANH, ESB, and numerous EU stories would like a word with you, not to mention they still die 10-1 to some ragtag militia. Wow. So intimidating.
>you are 12
lel
>K2 was a unique design
Upscaled medical droid mixed with commando battle droid with a quip engine. Scrapyard.
>Baze and Chirruts weapons are definately unique
*definitely
>Yes this is fucking star wars
No, RO was some other shit. It definitely was not the Star Wars I remember. More akin to Guardians of the Galaxy, and just as shitty (in my opinion).
>Chirrut is mildly force sensitive
That's not how the Force works.

>She's only present on the fleet, which I don't think counts as 'the field.'
It does. By "the field," I still mean that she's there taking direct command of military assets.
>Besides, when we first encounter Leia in ANH, she's got equally silly hair and clothes despite being a high ranking figure on one of the Rebellion's military vessels.
The Tantive IV was operating under the guise of a consular vessel, while Leia in ANH was dressed to play the role of an ambassador/politician. They were not operating as part of a military fleet nor prepared to engage in direct military action. And her hair is at least naturally colored. Hell, the fact that it's tied down and secured away from her face makes it slightly more practical than Holdo's hairdo.

>Reskinned ships, reskinned AT-ATs, and brand new miscellaneous rebel ships that we've seen before in the Expanded Universe?
U-Wings, Imperial Tank, Imperial Transport (boring, I know, but they are new)
>Edgelord Deathtroopers that end up being just as overwhelmingly incompetent as every other Imperial in the film.
Shoretroopers too
>Quipbot 5000 should've stayed in the junkyard.
There's all the background droids on Iceland world and in Jeddha
>Reskinned weapons we've already seen before?
Chirrut's Light-Bow, and the only proper machine gun in Star Wars
>Yes, a monk being able to beat up 70 stormtroopers with a stick while dodging blaster bolts is such a great addition to canon.
If he was Vader you'd be creaming yourself, but because he isn't he can't possible be as cool. Also, Star Wars isn't about hard realism but about action adventure stories (okay, Rogue One is more of a war movie) in a space fantasy setting and having a single guy take about about a dozen troopers using martial arts is pretty par for the course, or do you want to complain about when Luke took out an AT-AT single handedly at Hoth?

Shockingly Steam Wars. Has similar beats but doesn't follow them slavishly to allow for some shake ups, also done by Fred Perry.

The never endind jokes about Leia and buns...

Being good at the force doesn't make hard shit spontaneously effortless to do.
Easier, sure, but Luke's still astral projecting himself halfway across the galaxy while still being alive.

Well first you wanna roll forward to a B1 that hasn't been min wiped often enough, as OOMs are controlled via remote computer

>If I don't like it it doesn't count

The attitudes of star wars cancer in a nutshell

So all of you arguments are shitty opinion instead of objective fact I got you. And you have already outed yourself as a retarded Impfag.

>why are there star wars things in a star wars movie
>why are there star wars things specific to the OT in a star wars movie that literally ends five seconds before ANH

Amazing. Everything you said was wrong.

Wing Commander. They play like the X-Wing/TIE Fighter sims and games 3 and 4 star Mark Hamill as a trench-running fighter ace in space WW2. In the fourth game, he even starts out as a desert farmer in a cantina and eventually joins a space rebellion.

Are you sure your negative opinion of Holdo's hair doesn't just come from your dislike of colorful hair due to you associating it with Tumblr? Silly hair isn't exactly a rare thing in Star Wars.

>that's not how the force works
That's always how the force has worked.

Atmospheric TIES are a great idea considering how utterly shit normal TIEs would be in atmo with their huge crosswind-bait panels.
U-Wings are a cool design.
Hammerheads were recanonised, as the other user said, not new. Still nice to see them rather than just some generic stuff.
A new kind of Mon Cal ship IS a big deal, since we've only ever seen the bubbleships before.

Those black-clad troopers managed to kill two main characters between them, which is more than anyone else in the entire history of star wars other than the Clone army who came close by killing side characters.

>upscaled medical droid
He doesn't really look anything like a 2-1B, though he does have a hint of the commando droid. Shocking I know, as a military droid, to look like a previous design of military droid.

>not the Star Wars i remember
And yet at the same time, you parrot RLM talking about how it was just exactly the same as ANH and built on nostalgia.
Pick one, faggot.

I thought the OOMs had independent programming while the B1s didn't. I guess I mixed them up.

>Discussions about ships and vehicles, every day, all day long
I wonder why do I even come here

>Rogue One is more of a war movie
It WAS until Disney initiated sweeping reshoots and rewrites. It became a goofy Marvel-ish mess.
>Luke took out an AT-AT single handedly at Hoth?
No, because he did it realistically. He sneaked underneath, hooklined up, and sabered its fusellage. It's not silly because it has precedence. There are stories of infantryman in wars, such as Vietcong in Vietnam, who took out tanks by sneaking up onto them and sabotaging their engines or fuel stores, even dropping grenades down the tank's barrel. Any heavy armored vehicle is a force to be reckoned with, but without infantry support they themselves are sitting ducks. Having curbstomped the battle, the AT-Ats didn't even consider infantry coming after them, so they were left unprotected for Luke to do his thing, but he knew he couldn't just do it again as he'd quickly get iced. Pun intended. See, that's a fine scene because it makes sense and flows well with actual military theory and practice.

Now imagine RO on Hoth. Luke instead would charge the AT-AT head on, cleaving through roughly 150 stormtroopers who helplessly do nothing to stop him, dodge the AT-AT's blaster fire, leap 100 feet into the air and bring his saber from the front of the AT-AT all the way to the back as he runs across the top ninja-style sabering through it, then leaps off on the other side as it explodes in the background, then Luke lands in the snow also inexplicably knocking away 50 more stormtroopers who helplessly watch him, and as the explosion behind him clears, Luke would look at the camera and say "Sorry to CUT IN on your plans."

You can go to the /tv/ or /co/ generals.

>Watchin' these storm troopers fly reminds of the good ol' days. Frankly, the clones had more personality than these meatbags. I can remember them yelling to "Watch those wrist rockets" like it was yesterday.

>haha your arguments are shitty opinion and not fact unlike my unbiased opinions you retarded impfag

I mean, that's basically the only reason to come here. That's all we got.

Star Wars is guys making things they think look neat, and then over the next 20 years some other guys come along and make some numbers and stuff and try to "make sense" of it, so other people can come along and make some more stuff they think is neat.

We exist in those made up numbers, everything else is stuff we made up - or will make up later.

This. I just want to talk about pen and paper rpgs but everyone would rather wank about a mediocre ship game that will be irrelevant in 2 years or a shitty movie that crushed our childhoods.

You can make a Star Wars movie that feels like Star Wars in more ways than just recycling recognizable visual imagery, user.

>Now imagine RO on Hoth. Luke instead would charge the AT-AT head on, cleaving through roughly 150 stormtroopers who helplessly do nothing to stop him, dodge the AT-AT's blaster fire, leap 100 feet into the air and bring his saber from the front of the AT-AT all the way to the back as he runs across the top ninja-style sabering through it, then leaps off on the other side as it explodes in the background, then Luke lands in the snow also inexplicably knocking away 50 more stormtroopers who helplessly watch him, and as the explosion behind him clears, Luke would look at the camera and say "Sorry to CUT IN on your plans."
Terrible idea for a movie, but erection-inducing for vidya if Disney ever got rid of EA's exclusivity and allowed Platinum or the Devil May Cry team to have a go.

Nothing in Rogue One comes close to the level of bullshit superheroics you're describing, the only thing that does is the prequels and the Clone Wars cartoons, and I'm honestly pretty ambilivous on all three.