How do you kill a slasher so he can't come back?

How do you kill a slasher so he can't come back?

Stop posting the same thread every day.

Make a movie so bad it kills the franchise.

This. Hit them where it hits, the box office

You guys understand Halloween H20, Jason Takes Manhattan, and any Nightmare film post-Dream Warriors did absolutely nothing to keep their franchises dead, right?

>Follow them to their home plane after discorporating them, kill them there.
>Imprison them in demiplane.
>Trap their soul in a gemstone and send it into space.
>Burn the body and scatter he ashes at a crossroads.
And if that doesn't work, just take it as a fact of life.

redeme/rehabilitate him so the sick fuck just stops on his own

Nightmare 4 isn't bad.

High level Paladin/Cleric/Wizard wombo combo, done.

How about we stop making leading sentences after defeating him for the umpteenth time that could lead to omninous portents of his return?

Also, didn't we only get 2 Scream Movies? I'm not sure that counts as a franchise. I'd have posted Chucky.

Come to think of it, have ANY of these guys gotten new films lately?

Jason and Freddy had remakes within the past 7 or so years. Freddy's was hot shit, Jasons was pretty fun. Michael is getting a new one soon that ignores everything after the first, but still has Laurie despite her no-longer being his sister because 2 isn't relevant.

Encase them in cement. Freddy is the weird one because he comes from Hell and isn't necessarily limited to his body. Michael and Jason are both hard to kill, but encasing them in a bathtub of cement should do the trick. Ghostface is beatable by shooting him once.

In our game, one of the other players married the slasher monster which appeased it. Sort of.

>didn't we only get 2 Scream Movies?

Jason Takes Manhattan was amazing, though. From the moment he stabs a junkie with the junkie's own syringe to the part where he gets caught in the sewer because every night at midnight New York City floods its sewers with comic-book toxic waste was just the best.

Wes Craven tried to do that explicitly with Scream to kill the entire genre. It didn't work.

Give him a PG 13 reboot.

>by shooting him once
you sly dog

Christ. Did Coutney Cox still manage to survive all of them?

Given how completely the opposite of what you said actually happened I'd normally call bullshit, but then I remember we're talking about a film director, and if there is anything DC comics films have taught us over the last 10 years it's that Directors are capable of unlimited levels of fuck-up.

You have to destroy the phylacetary. Trust me.

>Michael

Curse of the Thorn prevents him from being destroyed, only by finding a way to destroy the curse first you would be able to put him down for good

>Jason

Hes basically an overpowered zombie, you would need to imprison him properly in hell a la Levistus or destroy his soul

>Freddy

Kill the Dream Demons inside of him

>Ghostface

Just a dumb cult, simply kill them all and execute anyone that shows sympathy towards them

>Given how completely the opposite of what you said actually happened I'd normally call bullshit

But it did happen, Scream was immensely successful. The entire point of the movie was Wes pointing out how cliche-ridden and intellectually bankrupt the slasher genre had become, so Scream would constantly point that out and try to tell the audience that they were dumb for attending these movies over and over again because they're basically all the same movie. And again, it didn't work, the audience missed the point entirely.

Nothing can beat the cock. Not the cock.

>Me on the right

I like to think of Freddy as memetic virus.

> H20
A good sequel that created enough good will for Resurrection to kill off for good.

> Jason Takes Manhattan
Paramount sold the rights to the Jason Voorhees character to New Line Cinema after this failed at the box office. Notice how there were three "Jason" movies not titled "Friday the 13th" after this entry.

> Nightmare 3
Dream Master was the peak of the original series. Freddy versus Jason is the peak of both the Friday and Nightmare series however.

I don't know if audiences completely missed the point so much as they were entertained by the first one to the point that it was a big success and capitalism took care of the rest.

Worth it.

Surviving for about 90-120 minutes seems to do the trick most of the time. Unless you get a sequel, but that's not relatively very likely.

They didn't miss the point, they like and draw comfort from the formula.

You slash him.

This isn't hard.

Slashers don't die, they wait.

Im assuming a phylactery would be involved.