Connected to /trash/ost...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Dunce_Cap.ARO
>Having_Friends.sim
>Ganger_Tries_To_Rob_Wrong_Taco_Temple.trid
>How_To_Lie_On_The_Internet.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 768 (5% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'do it for me'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Unearned_Luxury.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Watch your backs
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Just relax, Daddy's here for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1tbh7C7YIiPgfFuJcgpoeRk0qP0vPM7i5tlhRtlVESDU/edit#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for neoteny.

Second for buying CGL books

Third for images on an image board.

Four for Jerusalem.

when did these turn into thinly veiled sexual pathfinder threads? theres been a rise of anti shadowrun threads as well. Did something happen in the last month to spark this? I remember just not going on these because every discussion involved fetish stuff.

>theres been a rise of anti shadowrun threads as well. Did something happen in the last month to spark this?
sixth for someone to answer that question

It comes and goes. I've noticed the threads getting a bit slower recently, actually dying a couple of times, but I chalk that down to it being the Holiday season.

What else are we gonna talk about? Every book gets picked apart within a couple days of its release and unless the odd newfriend asks /srg/ to roast his character sheet there isn't much else to do but talk about the things that interest us. Sex, violence, and being an edgy cunt.

>Nth for shilling my shitty work

Merry Christmas, chummers.

docs.google.com/document/d/1tbh7C7YIiPgfFuJcgpoeRk0qP0vPM7i5tlhRtlVESDU/edit#

i guess that makes sense. normal functioning people are out doing stuff. No question at the top really doesn't help either. Has anybody really used Shadowlands in their campaign? IF so, what were your handles online? Different than your normal runner name?

Ah, sweet young summer child.
The /srg/ isn't turning into that kind of thread.
It's been shitposted and beleaguered by hysterical moralfags who consider the very existence or acknowledgment of sex or sexuality to be objectively amoral.
It's finally getting back to how it used to be - people shoot the shit in a comfortable, relaxed way where they don't have to watch for moralizing vigilantes derailing the thread with six hours of persistent shitposting just because someone said "Neoteny".
There's not always a lot of new stuff to talk about, the crunch discussion fits neatly in between the bullshit and - most importantly - we're all here to have fun.
People post about sex, extremist politics, gore and hand-holding because they can't do those things in a comfortable environment IRL - and millennia of human evolution has shown that no matter where, no matter when, people will want to talk about sex.
They also get more persistent when they're forbidden from it.
What about embracing the purpose of this anonymous imageboard and posting what you want until it gets you banned, actually having fun along the way instead of having to watch for slavering neo-Christian manchildren who resort to their hysterical paladin fantasies to excuse why they're still virgins at 32.
We're here to have fun and post about Shadowrun.
An army of hooting moralists coming in to shit up the thread for six consecutive hours with unrelated shitposts about how cheating, not putting out on the first date and not being a virgin on your first night with a sweaty, stuttering nerdoid are all objective proof of the corruption of Baphomet is not Shadowrun-flavored fun.

>how cheating, not putting out on the first date and not being a virgin on your first night with a sweaty, stuttering nerdoid are all objective proof of the corruption of Baphomet
>implying they aren't

So what's it like being 16 in the 2010's? Do kids at high schools still write on the lockers, or is it all sending messages via Snapchat?

>OP is such a turbofag he doesn't include an opening question

Nice strawman, community college student.
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them younger than you, and you'll realize that somewhere around your 19th birthday.
A tip for the future: When adults on Veeky Forums talk about people being young, they usually say 18 or 19. Stepping the number down is a clear sign that you're not even that old yourself.

i think you're getting a little too philosophical with this.
>We're here to have fun and post about Shadowrun.
alright then let's post about shadowrun.

Hey, I'm playing around with chummer, and I have trouble understanding how it calculates attributes new values from cyberlimbs.

More specifically, I stuck two 9/9 cyberarms on a 3 STR human, and chummer says his str is

3 (5).

But I can't find anything in the book saying the limb stats are used to change the statline outside of their usage for given skills. Can anyone help me?

What was the last brilliant plan your team came up with? Did it work?
What was the last terrible plan your team came up with? Did it work?

Chummer averages the stats of all your (four) limbs with your uncybered ones as your original stat. Talk with your GM about what things should be at your table.

Once you have 9/9 limbs on a 3/3 human, you start doing averages in order to get to the bottom of what your character's actually average Strength is.

The anti-shadowrun stuff is due to a growing awareness that shadowrun's flaws are in large part due to mismanagement, and that someone other than CGL could do a much better job with the RPGs.

>sexual
I'm just sick of the fetish crap. I want to talk about shadowrun, not someone's weird midget fetish. Maybe reporting them would help? I'm not sure what to do about them.

Omae, Cyberpunk is sexual as hell. It's kinda silly to complain about that.

>that someone other than CGL could do a much better job with the RPGs
This is most obvious when you look at what the Germans are able to play with, while we're stuck with CGL's endless shitshow.

Don't the German books have a (logical) optional rule that lets you just use your cyberlimbs for everything?

Yes. I personally do that. However, in RAW, just talk to your damn GM.

>reporting because you're mad that not-your-fetish is getting more (You)s than you

Okay. So for exemple, it doesn't make sense to use average for sneaking.

Maybe some of us want to go into a thread on a blue board, ask about game rules or who the current UCAS president is in 2076, and not be bombarded with NSFW images and sickening ERP about cybervulvas.

Why don't you creeps just get a discord or something so you can get your jollies without inflicting it on us?

No, for sneaking it totally makes sense. Think about how those cyberlimbs would be used in the action you're trying to do. If it worked in all cases, there would be no reason ever getting more than one cyberarm and one cyberleg.

And maybe some of us want to talk about how to exploit magic and technology for personal enjoyment instead of simply killing people deader. Its almost like we can all post about the things that interest us while ignoring the things that don't.

I would have said sneaking is much more about, if in plain sight, body language, if hiding, center mass. Though now that you say it, I suppose agile arms help keep a low profile. I'm a chimpanzee elf!

You know, if you want regulated, safe-for-work, one-track discussions about only hard setting facts and crunch, there are plenty of boards for that.
You know, for example the Catalyst forums.
Which are made explicitly for new players and have heavier regulations than this thread, a place that explicitly exists to be anonymous and organic.
Let's not even get into that you're the guy from the magical realm threads who's the reason those threads even keep being posted, because you always start chanting, flailing and hooting when someone brings up anything sexual, calling them "creeps" for nothing more than acknowledging that "hey, sex is a part of the universe, it's a part of the world and it's our main reason for existence - maybe we shouldn't make angry sea lion noises and slam our keyboards with our special helmets until our mom comes simply because someone reminded us of all the sex we'll never have".

>personal enjoyment instead of simply killing people deader
why "instead of"? Try "by"!

Killing people is my job, not my fetish.

How do you save SR if/when CGL lose the licence? Roll back the clock to an earlier point in the metaplot and redo? Carry on? Start over? The CGL publications have been such trash that I'd honestly prefer a do-over from like 2060.

>Killing people is my job, not my fetish.
why not make it both and enjoy your job?

im down to talk about bunruku parlors and stuff. I agree that sexploitation is a huge theme in cyberpunk and its a really interesting topic. posting a i guess the wording was off in my first post to get this, but the problem isn't that the topics are about sexual matters, but are leaning more to erp. To each their own, but theres other threads for this kind of things.

For example there was a large discussion over about 3 threads purely about the logistics of oversizing breasts on a character.

Carry on. It's got enough neat stuff in there to work with, as long as you don't have any idiots like Andrew (AKA Little Mac) fucking with potentially-interesting hooks like CFD(seriously, "they went back to their home planet" is a total copout) it should turn out fine.

>"they went back to their home planet"
Wait, what?

>characters may spring as an running + strength action. Each hit is 2m/1m (metatype dependant). Characters are allowed a maxiumum number of Sprinting tests equal to half their running skill per Combat turn, minimum of 1
> Characters are allowed a maxiumum number of Sprinting tests equal to half their running skill per Combat turn, minimum of 1
So what, you can make three sprint tests per action if you have 6 in running? That's silly.

Well, were do you draw the line, chummer? Because if breast implants are a problem, does that mean you're also going to shoot down allowing a player to Bulk Mod their cybergenitalia to whip out a fat cyberdong shotgun?

If the corebook is willing to devote a page to Sex in its worldbuilding chapter, maybe its not a taboo subject in Shadowrun.

A paragraph*

Per Combat Turn, not per Initiative Pass. So if you have multiple passes, you can sprint each pass up to half your Running skill.

Yes, and? I was one of the guys who prompted that discussion. Adiposis is a real quality, and it's been mentioned as a way to (barely) justify otherwise immersion-breaking tits. That was an interesting, productive discussion.

Heck, I'd still like those measurement for a 4' character. You could talk about how a character with adiposis (giant breasts or otherwise) could contribute to a run, there were discussions on that too. What about that ancient troll build that was made of cyberdongs? It's always being updated, optimized, and tweaked in different ways. Compared to those, I'd much rather talk about runners with big, fat titties.

Because those psychotic edgelords are objectively the worst part of playing shadowrun.

>nothing more than acknowledging that "hey, sex is a part of the universe...
It's fine when people do that, mentioning that sex and fetishes exist are indeed a part of SR, that people do nasty things with people with horns or cybergenitals. Those things are true, after all. Even figuring out the acceptance of given fetishes makes sense in certain contexts. This is not a forbidden subject.

What I'm talking about is different from that; when people launch far deeper into the gory details of sex than is necessary, in a manner which serves to disgust or repel readers and violate work-safety rules without contributing anything meaningful to the discussion.

Yes. They built a rocket and now they're flying away to another planet.

>objectively the worst part of playing shadowrun.
in what way?

But Not Important is amazing.

Alright.

Can I ask for some opinions on a first draft? I think I've got about enough left over for gear+sin+lifestyle, then qualities/contacts/knowledge skills.

But... what? So CFD is now a non-issue because they just rocket-shipped away? What about the Boston lockdown, I thought CGL was trying to make CFD actually relevant by having an entire sprawl fall to a quarantine to prevent it from spreading.

Yes.
You can thank Andrew "Little Mac" for that. He even bragged about it on /srg/ at one point.

>I thought CGL was trying to make CFD actually relevant by having an entire sprawl fall to a quarantine to prevent it from spreading.
There is now a cure for CFD. TMs and AIs (IIRC) can force them out of a device.
seems like they finally noticed that nobody gave a shit

2 things immediately.

1. You put 6 points in etiquette. Why? Is there a character reason?

2. Specialization in Sniper Rifles, but you don't actually have one. Same as above.

You don't have any armor, as far as I can see, and your Int + Rea is only 10. Either get some thicc soak dice, or get some edge. You can hit, but you're gonna go down like a paper tiger.

>4 Body
3 or 5, chummer. 3 or 5. Also, if you're going to play a cyberelf, you really should just help out the team by being at least a capable face. As is, your character isn't going to have the full tankiness of a samurai who is wanting a good chunk of soak while playing as a character whose job is to run through gunfire to punch people in the face. Having a decent array of social skills instead of just 6 ranks in Etiquette can go a long way to making your character a better rounded addition to a team. As is, you're not going to have the moronic dicepools of an adept and you're not going to have the 35+ soak of a hardcore melee street samurai.

He said he hasn't purchased gear yet, chummer. Not he doesn't have any or anything yet. The real question is the Pilot Aircraft instead of Ground Vehicle.

Personal Opinions Time

Bloodknight players/characters suck because they reduce the gaming experience to doorkicking, murder, and looting. They tend to measure their success in bodies, which is often antithetical to the average shadowrun mission. They tend to be the same types that play Evil characters in D&D, dicking around because "that is what my character would do." Of course this doesn't mean I'm condemning every street samurai who has focused their skills to the art of killing. But any half-decent sammy that you would entrust with a run is also a sammy you can trust to be slightly more subtle and mindful than Doomguy. I always considered Shadowrun (and cyberpunk in general) as an exercise in humanity despite technology, society, and those in power growing less humane by the day. For a character to just be a walking gun with no personality beyond the love of murder is a cop-out and a blatant snub of the themes of the genre.

Noddim Portent's game was alright, but it was nothing that hadn't been done better in the 90's. And the character itself had no noteworthy traits aside from the violence he committed (which itself is not a character trait really).

>Pilot Aircraft instead of Ground Vehicle.
Isn't it ground craft?

>1. You put 6 points in etiquette. Why? Is there a character reason?
As far as I understood it, Etiquette is the skill so you don't stand out too blatantly if someone walks up to you. It's not going to convince anyone to do you favor, but you can at least not trigger an alarm the moment some guy says "Hey you!"

>3 or 5, chummer. 3 or 5
Any particular reason? Is it limits?
>social skills
Yeah, I'm kinda borderline for that. I guess I misalocated priorities. I don't think I can pump armor since I have no ess left, so I'd tend to pick social of your two suggestions. That's mean losing at least 1 REA for CHA and realocating some skills around. Is ~10 dice in social going to be enough? I mean the guard probably has less, but a bad roll is right there waiting.

Speaking of picking apart characters, reposting the paladin from last thread. Created more or less purely because I stumbled across Holy Text, Empathic Healing, and Adept Healer. Just a standard framework, though I might be slotting him into a Prime Runner game with all of the karma and nuyen that entails. The main things to toss onto him is a juicy weapon focus claymore, some hardened milspec armor, and some betaware bioware. Initiate a time or two, clean out that one missing essence, and I reckon he's good to go.

Last thread had the discussion of Riposte MA technique and Riposte Adept power, and I will probably end up getting both just because they each work better for certain situations. The MA technique is good for when you want to instantly toss some dice at mooks, while the Adept power can be used to potentially throw a mountain of dice back on an elite target.

>As far as I understood it, Etiquette is the skill so you don't stand out too blatantly if someone walks up to you. It's not going to convince anyone to do you favor, but you can at least not trigger an alarm the moment some guy says "Hey you!"
It's often also used as a saving throw when you fuck up in a social situation.

so that discussion was for the quality Adiposis and was also like a joke build like troll cyberdong man. nothing else?

Not every psychopath is simply looking to rack up a giant kill-count. But in a job where wetwork is part and parcel of earning a paycheck, people that shy away from confrontation are more of a pain in my ass in experience that the one's who carry around a couple of grenades filled with Retro or sleep in a bed of bullets and knives.

Right, Groundcraft. But you still have 2 points in Pilot Aircraft for no discernible reason. And 6 points in Etiquette is more than sufficient, IMO. Very much more than sufficient. If you tweak your Body to 3 and maybe find another point, you can get your Charisma up to 5 or so which will let you get by with 2-3 points in Etiquette, Con, and Negotiation with a specialty to help round those out. You really don't need that many points in Running, either.

As far as 3 or 5, it's just the standard rule when dealing with Body and Willpower. You want an odd number because an odd number gives you an extra box. Dropping down from 4 to 3 is just the matter of losing a single point of soak. Going up to 5 offers you another point of soak -and- an extra box on your track. You also REALLY need to have more than 1 Edge. That is just begging to get fucked up. At least 2 at start, fullstop.

He was pure, user. Pure, undiluted edge.

There was also discussion on how it could work for a Face or Decker. Like another poster said, user, you have plenty of other places to talk, like Reddit.

>sleep in a bed of bullets and knives.
I can't imagine that being comfortable or good for your spine
maybe that's why they are so angry (and why they love the Cyberspine so much)

ok

What unarmed-focused martial art would you pick for character with shitload of STR, great unarmed pool, okayish DEX and Garbage REA and Gymnastic? I was thinking about MA focused on striking, like Karate, Jeet Kune Do or 52 Blocks.

>shitload of STR, great unarmed pool
The answer is clearly MMA Wrestling. Abuse the Subdue cheese, and your STR will get converted directly into damage while your opponent is literally helpless to do anything but let you choke him to death.

t. too young to know about underage b&s

How would you start off a ganger campaign`?

Gangland fighting between your gang and a rival ends up hitting a middle manager for a local corp with stray gunfire. The corporate slams down hard, your base and boss are blown into a smoking pile of rubble, and it's up to you to crawl out of the wreckage and protect your domain. Bonus points for getting back at the Man for killing your friends and warring on other gangs in a bid to for top dog.

user is wrong in saying that they all Poochied away.

A number of them (unknown, but in the thousands) uploaded their minds to a vessel and blasted off into deep space, as has been mentioned for several books. Thousands more are still on Earth or in orbit without the desire to leave (either because they want to get back into the Matrix, or they like living in meatspace, or they want revenge on the corps who brought them to this).

The monads who remain are going to get integrated into the setting, the same way that insect spirits, infected, and other dangers are. Dark Terrors goes into things like the legal battle over whether infection-by-Monad is the same thing as manslaughter or murder, the slow retaking of Boston by NEMA troops (and how they need to shovel out tens of thousands of headcase corpses and rebuild half the city), and the various cure methods being worked on. It's no longer a death sentence to get infected, but nor is it easy or certain to be cured.

A tip from your senior - if you can make an "unassailable argument" that "proves" something you don't have any information about, you're getting desperate.
As an example, I could tell you I was 22 - not that old, given, but still a damn sight older than you are mentally - and I could send a picture of my passport, and you still wouldn't believe it.
You'd say it was a shoop, you'd say I was backpedaling, you'd hook on to a small detail and give me shit - because people like you really can't seem to get that a worldview in which you are always right by previous assumption is completely removed from reality.
I was posting on Veeky Forums more than half a decade before I legally could. You found Veeky Forums when you turned 17 and think you're hardcore for having kept your attention on the site until you turned 19.
I know perfectly well that you'll shit on this post.
That's okay. What I'm fishing for isn't you admitting your mistakes, it's the idea of you desperately making little sputtering noises under your breath while trying to excuse that you ran your mouth about shit you didn't need to and got embarrassed for it.

I know this is an anonymous Indonesian woodcarving forum, but don't you feel the least bit embarrassed to be acting like this in public?

So I'm trying to replicate some of the skills from The Division without resorting to houserules. Some seem pretty easy
>smart firing platform w/ SMG for turret
>tricked out goggles for pulse
>grenade launcher for sticky bombs
>ballistic shield for ballistic shield (duh)

The two I have no idea about atm are mobile cover (which is pic related) and the seeker mine, which is a softball sized, self targetting explosive that rolls up to the nearest enemy and kabooms.
Anyone got any suggestions if it's possible to make something similar in SR?

You're really up about this, aren't you boy? I can believe you'd send a picture of your passport, I wouldn't call it fake; you'd call me fake for sending you the nameplate on my office door and asking you to work out the math on how long it takes to get the degrees listed.

You're very irritated over the fact that someone can point out your immaturity, which goes nicely with your willingness to create boogiemen and lash out at them, like the imaginary army of moralists who only exist to ruin your fun that you went into at length without provacation.

that sounds pretty good. Perhaps the middle manager gets hit because he's slumming in the barrens alternatively the gangs meet in a predetermined space uptown, ritualistic combat style, and that's how the middle manager gets slugged?

Make it a race through Downtown where the players have to beat their opponents and also the cops.

Phil stepped off the wrong curb at the wrong time.

Middle manager was slumming in it in the Barrens is how I'd run it. Or otherwise doing some shady shit that can be investigated by the gang after they get back on their feet and establish themselves. I was probably going to do this as the start for the St. Petersburg game that I've mentioned a few times in previous threads, with the players starting off as shitty gangbangers and eventually being able to move up and get associated with the Vory.

Middle Manager Johnny might've just been slumming it for cheap thrills, or maybe he's an Ares R&D guy who was selling arms on the downlow for some 'on-the-job' testing to speed up research with field-testing of prototypes.

But what constitutes "meaningful", and why are you the one deciding it?
The mods are hyperactive recently compared to the old days, so if someone gets too frisky they'll get baleeted.
If someone shits all over the thread with completely off-topic themes and starts insulting people left and right, then you can complain, because then it's a matter of someone actively fucking with you.
If, however, as you said, the theme is a part of the setting, we're getting into dangerous territory - where posters are deciding which parts of the setting are "clean" and which are not, hemming in natural discussion, creating their own mob-enforced canon and making the general even more inbred than it is in the first place.
The people who decide whether or not a post's text content is NSFW are the mods. Report it and move on, and if you're lucky, it won't be you who gets b&..
You admitted yourself that people do "nasty things with horns or cybergenitals". That's a part of the setting, hell, we're shown fetish porn stars and informed of plenty of explicitly sexual content.
Then, why does the discussion of that topic stop where you want?
Because sex makes you uncomfortable?
That's your own problem to fix, and as thousands of people have said since the birth of this site, you can always ignore it. Anyway, you don't have a law-enforced right to use Veeky Forums at work - you have a report button, and some sites don't even bloody have one.
I could come in during discussions of cheesy character builds - "all right, this is as far as the pixie discussion goes, because it goes into too many details and disgusts and repels me".
I don't, because for fuck's sakes I come here to have fun and so do you.
And if you're not having fun while other people are, the rule of thumb is you're the problem.
You're deciding where the cut-off point for value goes and which things are inherently more valuable than others - if making calculations on Adiposis tits is off-topic, TwoDee's storytime is a ban.

There is a drone in Rigger 5 called the Ares Paladin whose whole gimmick is to follow you around and provide cover.

As far as a mobile bomb? I'd sooner just buy a bunch of small drones and strap explosives to them.

So one of my players wants to do this fucker right here.
And he wants to be able to deflect bullets.

Are there already rules for an ability like that, should I try to homebrew or should I just tell him to suck a dick and be less of a 12yo cunt?

I hope we can at least agree on that we disagree.
You see me as being immature, I see you as being just as piping and childish.
But this isn't Facebook, which is why we should both be able to leave this behind - I don't remember yesterday's flamewars, and I hope you don't let it get to you either.
You can't be a flaming asshole on most sites with usernames, and most anonymous or "forgiving" sites are shit anyway.
And if you honestly think these people are boogeymen, I have no idea how you manage to post on this site with your eyes closed. There are generals where they jump howlingly on discussions of liking trolls and turn the thread into a smoking crater after 200 shitposts.

>And he wants to be able to deflect bullets.
Already doable, dodging includes deflecting bullets with your katana/your fists/whatever you feel like.

Sounds pretty good user, I havn't been on in the past few threads so I had not heard, but it's a campaign idea I've had for ages. Interesting choice for location, I was probably going to go for Seattle just for ease/familiarity
if they are a go gang, definitely. Hmmm. Could also get whacked in the getaway

He can be a 0.01 Essence ninja fuckboi. But he is not deflecting bullets unless he is just making that the flavor text of what he does when the enemy rolls poorly to hit him with gunfire.

You seem like one of the proponents of mirrorshade gaming.

Just from my slight personal point of view:
I dislike this type of gamers, because they tend to overfocus on 3operator5you wannabe tryhard shittiness that would be more suited to an oceans eleven RPG.

And thats coming from somebody who got called an insane operatorfag in the SRG and operated super-nonlethal and efficient in my last group.

Going flashy and going loud is FUN.
Even more so when you are at least a bit smart in it.
If you want superhard operationsderpity, play a different setting that lacks assault cannons, limb-implanted grenade launchers and superglide grenades.

Dont take this as an attack against you personally, and don't get assblasted if i missjudged your playertype.

If he wants to "do a character", refuse.
Point-blank.
It's a no.
Players like that have to get used to that they have to think up a character that fits with the world and can contribute to the party not just mechanically but also roleplaying-wise.
I'm a veteran of the youth club assistant GM position. I like to think I know these people.
If you let them rip off a character, they'll expect to monopolize the plot like that character, have plot armor like that character, always look cool like that character and in the end never act out anything on their own, just repeating, rolling dice and getting mad when the rest of the table and the setting doesn't act like the backup cast.
They usually take well to being told that they should make their own, though - the ones who get mad are not worth playing with. Tell him to make a character from when they were a kid, and tell him a lot about the setting and the niches he has - and for God's sakes, remember to tell him that it's a group game and characters that are cool in a video game are going to make everything hell for everyone.
Building a character around a "cool" gimmick is a huge fucking red flag, too, and I'm saying this not out of ill will but because that's the pattern I've seen. It shows that the player cares nothing for the character but only wants to show off and get an ego fix - and while there are a lot of them who take well to being told "it's more like acting than video games, you make a character and after that you flesh them out with the rules", the ones who don't fully deserve to get told to fuck off.

How can I make a ghoul character in Chummer? I'm trying to roll up an NPC ghoul gang leader the party will be working for, just in case the party turns on him when they realize what he had them do.

Don't let the focused optimisers derail you to much.

Points in social skills tend to be quite useful. Situations where you are seperated from your face and have to lie/talk for yourself aren't really uncommon.

I'm speaking from experience, my CHA 2, Social Limit 1 (with Active MBW, before factoring in Clothing) Killbot sorta slipped into the role of "financial negotiator for the team".

Its a bad choice from a raw point of numbercrunching (you usually want to focus your skillpoints as high as possible in as few skills as possible, to maximise the Karmavalue per point), but from a perspective of actually PLAYING your character in non-optimal situations, you should get 2 levels + maybe specialization in both CON and Negotiation.
Those skills are going to save your bacon so you can wait to fire your funtoys until its actually time to do so.

Burnout Adept, flavoring his fat Dodge pool as parrying bullets.

Fair enough, picked St. Petersburg partially because it has just the outlines sketched in while still leaving plenty to construct the rest and because the internal situation in Russia is pretty interesting in the Sixth World. Moreso during FASA's control, but CGL hasn't shit the bed too massively there. And extrapolating out modern St. Petersburg into Shadowrun St. Petersburg is pretty fun. For one, the restuarants and bars I'm using I legit just stole directly from the weird shit operating there today. Everything from a fish-your-own-meal restuarant+petting zoo to a Cuban restuarant that only serves Central and South American food while pumping Castro speeches into the toilets. Combined with the city's restrictions on modifying the city's skyline, it gives me an inside-out sprawl where the historic and winding downtown is encircled by corporate towers and twisting labyrinths of devyatietazhka. Toss in the hundreds of palaces and museums with ancient relics a-plenty, and dress it up with a anthrodrone police force courtesy of the MVD. And finally finish it off with the anarchist Free City of Kronstadt just miles into the Gulf of Finland.

Bam, a truly magical place to run in the shadows.

>potentially-interesting hooks like CFD
You're fucking daft. It's spoopy mind control metaplot #3? Or is it #4? Honestly lost count of the number of times they've reskinned the same metaplot.

>expect to monopolize the plot like that character, have plot armor like that character
>a character with less depth and story attached to him than the TF2 Scout
You definitely have points, but that's just retarded, user. And as far as building a character around a gimmick, that's pretty much 90% of building a Shadowrun character. "I want to play a Troll with a Ballistic Shield and laugh in the face of bullets," "I want to play a Summoner that exclusively deals in Anarchs and Blackjacks and play myself off as a well-connected ex-fixer," or "I want to play a dude whose abused BTLs to the point he can no longer distinguish himself from the action-movie hero he idolizes." All of these are perfectly legitimate starts to building a character.

CFD has the advantage of being a) not magic, and b) not necessarily evil.

It can stick around in the world, unlike insect spirits and shedim, without just being 'something that fucks people up so you can kill them without remorse'. It's technology that bridges the gap between physical and Matrix, that gives actual solid ground to people who want to play someone with another personality in their head (which has been only teased at with personasofts), helps remind people that corps are doing amoral stuff, and sets the stage for a new bout of technological advancement (Monad-developed tech is all but confirmed for being the forefront of 6e on the machine side, leapfrogging the lost nanotech).

It's not the most original metaplot, true, but it does have better legs on it than some of the others that SR has run with in the past.

I think the line gets drawn somewhere around peppering an otherwise-worksafe general discussion with graphic sexual content.

>If someone shits all over the thread
That's more or less the situation I describe, when people make it difficult to participate without wading through needlessly-graphic and unwanted sexual content.

>prudes are now bitching about sexual themes in cyberpunk and on the thread

Chilluns, if you are in cyberpunk, you are in adult only territory.

If you don't have midgets in plate mail riding nude bitches with motorcycle bars on their head, you are DOIN' IT WRONG.

Mirrorshades isn't really my shtick either. I consider it the opposite extreme, but still an extreme. I've played with those types too: the ones who play the game like a tactical shooter instead of the Edgelord's arena shooter style. The ones who have a prepared spreadsheet of "valid" character builds and will sperg out at anybody who dares to deviate from it. The ones whose only emotion is a lack thereof and whose personality is as mechanical as their favorite assault rifle and as cold as the steel tactical knives they strap on every square foot of their body. I'm very much a moderate as far as Shadowrun goes. A black mohawk? Pink Trenchcoat, I guess? The world of shadowrun is one that allows players to build all sorts of out-there concepts with all sorts of out-there backgrounds and personality traits that have more to offer than being an edgy nihilistic murder machine or a cold efficient murder machine. As far as I'm concerned, the Nod M'Portents and the Armchair Tacticals are two sides of the same coin. They are people who have their own brand of fun, a brand that I don't really have fun being around because of their lack of seriousness or autistic levels of seriousness. Both turn the game into a chore in one way or another because their playstyles are disruptive unless the rest of the team thinks the same way that they do.

I thought mirror shades was supposed to be the in-between between black trenchcoat and pink mohawk?