Vm

When will the childish Kindred finally abandon their fictitious forefathers and acknowledge the Kuei-Jin are the true masters of the night, Veeky Forums?

*activates celerity*
*dodges your tentacles*
*sets Jaegerspas to full auto*

Pssh, nuthin personal gook

>Kuei-Jin

Who?

Who else juts replaces them with homewbrewed east asian bloodlines?

Okay. So a soul that is a descendant of these guys who got cursed gets dragged to hell and tortured forever and then eventually escapes and possesses a living body and goes on a bestial killing spree before regaining some semblance of sanity.

They're grouped into the VtM space as "Kindred of The East" despite not being vampires and really being something totally different entirely.

I think the explanation is that just like vampires they can't function during the day and need mortals to feed - so unlike most Supernaturals them and vamps have the same turf.

Were at least you look prettier than the bodyguard flying gorilla or what he was supposed to be.

Because you're a bunch of retarded chinks that do not share the heritage of our glorious Dark Father.

Deputy Giga Nigga was an African Tzimisce offshoot. Can't remember the name.

Ever think Jenette purposely had sex with a Nossie and just when he's about to finish she lets Theresa take control?

never liked whole kuei-jin thing ever, its so out of place and immersion braking.
why the fuck they put it there, who thought its gonna be a good idea?

To show who are your true masters, mortal.

are you also a weeaboo by chance user?

not only whole kindread of the east is poor concept wise, but as far as i remember their stats and abilities are so piss poorly done bunch of sabat vampires would fuck them over

I'd insists, Theresa > Jeanette

>Joke
>(You)

there is time when people don't get your jokes because they are to stupid to get it and then there is time when they don't get it because your jokes are to dumb
in this situation its the latter

I agree.
The Kuei-Jin are "vampires" that bring nothing relevant to the setting. Typical kindred would make the setting much more interesting than them.

i mean, I'd take it over most of changing breeds

So, hypothetically speaking, if you consume Kuei-Jin's heart-blood, it's technically not a diablerie, right? Like, not breaking the Traditions or anything.

They fucked up on a lot of the Kuei-jin stuff, like the name.

But I think they're pretty well done in VtMB since they're presented as something way more different than Kindred, which they are in lore since they're just Risen.

Shut up worst girl.

Really the problem I have with her is that by the time Chinatown Rolls around, you can tell they were shoestringing that budget.
Chinatown has fun stuff going on, such as the whole Mandarin plot and some of the hub npcs (also the two npcs who keep going back to the alley for a blowjob)
But they kuei Jin, you can tell, were supposed to be some kind of super cool big bad boss and over arching plot point... They were quickly thrown away in two mundane boss fights (were shark & ming Xiao) and a shootout in some warehouse and some obstacle course in the Mandarin's lair
It had fun fluff, but the budget is was clearly spent on the first three hubs and Chinatown took the back seat

Doesn't help that kuei Jin were just a single character who felt empty beyond her... Self assured speech

Chinatown is good compared to the sewers.

But then again any of that game was, compared to the sewers.

people keep saying that, but I just walked through with character not tailored for combat without much difficulty

Welp, guess I gotta go reinstall and get the unofficial patch...

>reality deviants
>masters of anything
Nice try

Technically, they are embodied Wraiths who have found a way to stay in their bodies without Archanoi. Probably by integrating with the Triat's cosmology.
As I said, technically Kuei-Jin a a strange kind of Wraith that have forced themselves into re-embodiment.
Ever wonder if a Necromancer has tried using the same tricks that allow them to feed from wraiths on one of the Wan Kuei?
I bet they taste different...potentially the only damned way to get the Triat Cycle involved in the Curse of Caine

Go masturbate to your own sense of self-superiority you delusional oligarch

Aye.

>paradox interactive buys the WoD IP
>paradox interactive
>paradox

JUST MAKE THE GAME YOU SWEDISH NERDS

Don’t have time to do that.

To busy helping humanity and keeping reality together.

You implying that the Jade Kingdom 'wraiths' became Kuei Jin or something? If so, interesting theory...

Actually it's worse.
According to the "lore" The Thousand Hells exist in the Shadowlands and are occupied by so many beings of power that are literally using the power of misery to make things run.

Kuei-Jin WERE Wraiths, they have Shadows. However they were tortured to the point where their shadows got powerful enough to escape where they have a greater sense of equilibrium.

>Looks outside
And a fine job you're doing G-Man!
How'd your buddies make it out of the sub-prime loan thing? Pity that paradox didn't wipe 'em off the map.

Well that certainly is worse. I think the Kuei Jin could of been interesting with the Shadow mechanic from Wraith, rather than how they do run.
Plus how they are just a fall guy for metaplot , doesn't help
My favorite was that bit where the tremere betrayed the Camarilla for Kuei Jin secrets, then betrayed the Kuei Jin to cash in on Camarilla just to be eternal bitches to the Yama kings

unsuccessful effort is better than no effort, at least we learned something

hot oc, off the presses

But I like them and their horribly misunderstood cosmology, if for no other reason than a shitton of it transferred over to Exalted.

This thread requires balancing.

>We all learned something
There's no fuck-up like a technocracy fuckup?
Tell me MIB, how's your control of the Stream going?
I love how social media is making everything better!

It's the Tremere!
When aren't they making a huge mistake?
Remember their Slogan: Royal Fuckups Since Mistridge

I mean, you can just live without phones, modern medicine, modern housing, most cars, the internet.

we don't care

Nice try Tech Guy.

You know how that whole Consensus thing works? They're a part of reality now, we can't get rid of them. Technology isn't yours anymore, just hypertech and what the other conventions allow you to let go.
You're holding back your best because you'd rather be safe than actually making humanity better.
You COULD Eliminate most social problems in a generation...if you bothered.
>But the reality deviants, they make everything...
Blah Blah Blah, every supernatural being except willworkers seem to follow their own damned rules, we're just reality deviants until your convention gets put behind the black ball.
Why do you think the Etherites and Adepts got kicked, they didn't fit even though their Technomancy is AS GOOD if not better than your Hypertech.

Stop pretending to make the world better when the most you do is barely keep it from throwing itself over the precipice due to human nature THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE.

well, if we moved hypertech into the sleepers world reality correction happens

we would honestly put that stuff out on the market, but well, try throwing a fireball down main street, see how it goes.

It’s a shame that you there is so little fan-art on Yukie.

My demon-hunter can’t be this cute!

I'd still rather have the Salubri & Cappadocians than their... Contemporaries
Also, fuck the Tremere. Talk about a Mary Sue clan. They get a discipline that has 44 paths and 400+ rituals that can be used as catchall... And then they still get dominate & auspex in addition to a very minimal clan weakness

>Reality Correction.
You're just unwilling to admit that throwing a Fireball is THE SAME as Cold Fusion.
They can't understand it, ergo your hypertech breaks down.
You're not proving your case that you're actually improving reality, just that you are entrenching your place on top.

No wonder the proles are tearing the place down.

>rather have the salubri and the cappadocians
Yes, but would you still want Ashur and Saulot around?
Yes, the Unicorns were helpful, and the Cappadocians were less vulgar.
But at least their usurpers showed some godamn ambition.

Bro or manipulative ass more so than the average vampire?

>not improving reality

If you don’t consider allowing sleepers and mages to communicate across the planet with ease an improvement, I don’t know what to say.

Or the fact that we are the biggest organization that contains dangerous RD’s.

We provide a stable reality that is statistically very safe and unchanging. And perhaps when we have enlightened enough people, humanity with have access to horizon contructs and nanomachines.

I don’t see any other organization selling safe and tested magic, as well as attempting to uplift humanity, and defend them from external threats. Well, at least one with enough power and order to be effective at it.

Well, both, I suppose.

>Mass communication
Typical Technocrat, resting on your Laurels. Can't even admit that Marconi and Bell weren't "enlightened citizens".

>Contain Dangerous RD's
oh, that's the new euphemism for "purge" eh? You were aware, of course, that most of them do a fair job policing their own.

>Stable Reality
...Hello, 2017 wants a word with you about that, something about mother nature not being happy.
You honestly thing Universal Ascension is a thing? Wow, do they take your critical reasoning skills when you go through indoctrination or just your soul?

>Safe and Tested Magic
Safe and Tested?
You ARE delusional.

>Uplift
The Syndicate are MASTERS of Bread and Circuses. Easier to keep plebs content and producing helpful products than encouraging self-improvement. It's easier to keep the sheep fleeced if they're especially quiet.

"Defend them from eternal threats"
As opposed to all the other groups you've sabotaged, slaughtered, or isolated because they didn't bow down to your secular ideology?

Unicorns fill in that niche' player roll of "healer" that some players actually like (plus, if you accept certain interpretations, its fairly nefarious healing)
Plus their Warrior caste is on par with Brujah for fighting and have a very clear goal
Wanderers are just V20 for the lolz

Cappadocians, i'll admit, are a pretty weak clan for playing. Whereas the Giovanni have their obvious Wraith plan, the Cappadocians were pretty much just book nerds who fit that role with so many other bloodlines. But i do genuinely think their Mortis discipline was more fun, and their weakness more of a weakness than "ow daddy, you bite so hard"

Tremere are just... well. Mage-fag conversions. And the Giovanni are something that are mostly throwaways unless your ST decides to utilize Wraith.

He can be both, actually.
He totally was manipulating everything literally for kicks (it’s his entire MO) and there’s even evidence it being HIM that murdered Grout (in the VtM books he actually has a combined Discipline that makes him look like other people) just to stir up shit even more, but maybe he also genuinely likes the PC too.
Mind you if you talk to him as a Malk and make oblique references to his total involvement in the storyline, he flat-out admits to your face;
>”If I thought you understood any of what you just said or would remember any of it after we’re done talking I’d be talking to a pile of ash already.”
So even if he like the PC he’s completely willing to waste the fuck out of the Fledgeling if he thought even for one second he/she would spoil his prank, which fits into his canon Humanity score of 4 and his age, seeing as he’s about two centuries LaCroix’s elder.

>seeing as he’s about two centuries LaCroix’s elder.
How old IS Smiling Jack anyway?

He’s rumored to be the real-life pirate “Calico” Jack Rackham, and his Embrace is canonically mentioned to have happened in 1654, so he’s basically just shy of four centuries old with all the crazy and amorality that that kind of age usually implies with Kindred.

Interestingly his Generation actually isn’t that high (10th), so he’s basically like a PC who literally never stopped adventuring and never stopped accumulating lots of XP to overcome his low-Generation disadvantages as he’s a pretty damn powerful character.

“Smiling Jack”
Clan: Brujah
Sire: Mama Lion
Nature: Bravo
Demeanor: Rebel
Generation: 10th
Embrace: 1654
Apparent Age: Early 40s
Physical: Strength 5, Dexterity 4, Stamina 5
Social: Charisma 5, Manipulation 4, Appearance 2
Mental: Perception 3, Intelligence 2, Wits 4
Talents: Athletics 4, Brawl 5, Dodge 2, Intimidation 5, Leadership 3, Streetwise 3
Skills: Firearms 3, Melee 5, Stealth 3, Survival 4
Knowledges: Law 1, Linguistics 4, Occult 3
Disciplines: Auspex 2, Celerity 4, Fortitude 4, Potence 5, Presence 3, Thaumaturgy 2
Thaumaturgical Paths: Lure of Flames 1
Backgrounds: Allies 3, Contacts 5, Resources 3, Status 3
Virtues: Conscience 3, Self-Control 1, Courage 5
Morality: Humanity 4
Willpower: 7

>Disciplines: Auspex 2, Celerity 4, Fortitude 4, Potence 5, Presence 3, Thaumaturgy 2
>Thaumaturgical Paths: Lure of Flames 1
Christ, what?
He learned all of those out-of-Clan disciplines AND somehow learned Thaumaturgy? Seriously, how did he learn Thaumaturgy?

This was back when White Wolf had most of it’s Kindred elders just straight up ignore the “Clan Discipline” shit and just gave them whatever Disciplines they thought appropriate (it’s actually rather surprising how during VtR even most elder stated Kindred stuck largely within Clan limits), but with Jack’s extremely active unlife it actually makes a bit of sense that he’d learn some pretty varied tricks over the years since he never really did the “settle down and manage my tiny slice of unlife for centuries” thing most Kindred his age end up doing.
My guess is that there’s a crazy story in how he learned magic and it probably ends with everybody but Jack dying. I’m guessing a lot of his stories end up like that, he seems like that kinda guy.

>those quads
kek wills it.

>can bang Jeanette
>can't bang jack
Unlife isn't fair.

As much as Jack is badass I'm suprised the Tremere haven't taken a crack at him. They doggedly protect Thaumaturgy and will kill anyone who learns it out of the clan.

Naglopers

Don't you have Yama Kings to be terrified of right now, Mirror Lady?

Who says they haven’t?
Taking a shot isn’t the same as hitting your mark, and Jack is pretty wily.

Jack used to be prolific diablerist, low level of out-of-clan discipline can be absorbed that way.

>Met a Tzimicie in Mexico-
>Is hinted at being blackbeard because of how you call him 'teach' and by patrons mentioning him possibly being an ex-pirate.
>Sires thin-bloods regularly
He literally helped set everything up man.

I was hoping to read about KotE and get an idea of what that setting looks like, but apparently it's just horrible. How true is that?

To be fair, Celerity and Fortitude don't need teaching.

Is Jack featured in any of the VtM novels?
Are any of them actually decent reads? I can stomach schlock if its about a thing I enjoy on a more general level, such as oWoD.

Jack is too sly to flaunt forbidden knowledge.

Kindred of the East was the prequel to the nWoD systems.

They also have the capacity for growth that doesn't involve diablerie. They are more complicated and exist in symbiosis with humans rather than trying to cope with being outsiders.

They're basically better than kindred in every way, and there fore bad.

>policing themselves fine

Then explain the week of nightmares

Literally not even wrong. If not for the foreign and forgettable naming conventions, I'd prefer them over Kindred in every way.

Its impossible to make mage game. Beyond interactive movies genre.

I can smell her makeup

Did nothing
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

correct. everything he did brought him to his embarrassing final death, so it wasn't wrong

I only know the Kuei-Jin from intermittent for fun lore reading but I don't get the hate.

Though a thing I never quite got with them is why dharma is so important for them and how it works. It just doesn't seem to click WHY a Kuei-Jin would really care that much. Their unlife it too good. They're free from hell. They don't have a lot of drawbacks from being undead.

And the reasoning behind why something like Howl of the Devil-Tiger actually is spiritually very important and helps your sou doesn't seem very justified. Some old guy came up with them therefore they're the meaning of life. Okay.

Aren't most the worse sinners escaping hell? I think trying to get away from the Demon Emperor himself is reason enough.

If he's a serial diablerist why is his generation so low?

>Aren't most the worse sinners escaping hell?
Mostly but as I recall (might be wrong) the moral system of the eastern afterlife is pretty fucked up and arbitrary, so that's not always true. Suicides can end up in the hells too. And I think the Yama Kings also occasionally just raid other afterlives to steal souls and no one does anything about it.

>I think trying to get away from the Demon Emperor himself is reason enough.
Eh, it makes sense but I still feel somethings off, though I might just not understand the setting. I get the impression the dharmas were supposed to be like Buddhism and provide a path to cleansing the soul, but White Wolf went halfway and also made it the flavor text for cut-and-pasting in eastern vampire clans. Then being their edgy selves they had to throw in a bunch of sideways grey morality into the system to make it alien and vampire like.

End result is autism, heroin, or skinning cats is the key to enlightenment.

>suicides

But isn’t that the same in Christianity?

Suicide is just murder of yourself

Yes

>her

Mostly recreational. Eating same generation or thinner doesn't get you much more than the best high available to vampires.

Either he diablerised only 10+ vamps, or he's supposedly 10th gen and no one just knows he slurped a stronger one some time or another, which could explain why he's so strong.

Basically a large chunk of Kuei-Jin are fairly nasty sinners - one of the things I like about the Kindred of the East set up is that metal as fuck element where every kuei-jin CLIMBED OUT OF HELL ITSELF, and then finds themselves dunked into a wu-xia world of darkness surrounded by other hellclimbers, many of whom were nastier than you ever were in life, climbed out of even worse hells than you were in, and who've had several centuries to level up and now treat you like shit and judge you on how well you follow a bunch of arbitrary rules they made up.

But what's one more hell to climb?

The dharmas are a thing from how at the time the various "paths" were being introduced to VtM as alternatives to the Humanity system, so when they made Kindred of the East they drop a dozen of the damn things as a core element to the setting to see how well they work - the nice things about kindred of the east is that it was an experimental system to a large extent and tried different things while trying to keep elements of VtM, and the bad thing is that it was an experimental system tried to keep elements of VtM but in OC-Donut-Steel form.

This thread is so much better than the fukken general. This is the beauty of keeping mage flags away

Do the sisters know they share the same body? I bet Jeanette does but Therese has no idea

I remember the first time I played through that scene and thought it was some graphical glitch lol

They do. They argue with one another even before the scene where it's revealed. But because they're fucking crazy they probably live in a kind of state where "being in the same body" isn't that weird to them and they just swap around.
The more interesting question is whose body it is.

The third sister.
JK. Could be interesting if it was, though.

They have to on some level when they're putting their hair and makeup back, but the arrangement started in the first place with a woman having denial game so strong that her formative experiences didn't happen to her and she never liked them kinda.

I think Therese was essentially the original personality and Jeanette was her imaginary friend, who was outgoing, extroverted and generally had all the qualities Therese lacked.

My character was a caster and I the big sabbat mobs were immune to most of my shit. The big spider monsters were the worst.

It's pretty explicit what happened. Therese dissociated after daddy fucked her, and Jeanette got to live with all the daddy issues.

He's in the Gehenna novel, which was terrible.

just throw the freeform magic system in the trash if they have to.

I just wanna roll with the wizards.

>that glitch were some guy is speeding through the street
>you can rationalize it away with "lol, Celerity"

Kind of a shame that most of the game's actual bosses don't make full uses of disciplines. Outside of Bishop Vick, that guy is always a bitch to get rid of.