/gengen/ - Genesys Roleplaying General

Genesys Roleplaying General

What is advertisement/hype? Edition

>Previous thread:

Question of the thread:
>What feature would you want to see most from another RPG?

>Known Genesys Settings
pastebin.com/7knE7KSv

>Online Exstras
1drv.ms/b/s!AtRqt1GrxR67huIiSZ9_fVMOqVUdJA - Fillable Charecter sheet
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/329635601945067522/386612561115611137/genesys_setting_worksheet_fillable.pdf - Fillable Setting sheet
genesys.skyjedi.com/ - Online Dice Roller
drive.google.com/file/d/1qwkM0daKLi_yWPmoIgFCfb92oeJueFD3/view - Cheat sheet
sendspace.com/file/6b6bat - A PDF of something
docs.google.com/document/d/1K0BVQxmZTMn8XFovHPCjubK7H-qZDWRSC9QR_2E683I - Special Rules (From StarWars to Genesys)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qy33uMm1FqQJPD8W-p5aXM5XHNwsU4126JgJ91LsIfE/edit#gid=644202127 - Some new spells

>Disord Server
discord.gg/3vNJa6t

>FFG Community Forums
community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/527-genesys/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1VPCPMuQuvJ5pH8s9D41INK811GVJ3jT0pAzVusXA5gM/edit#heading=h.gtcysxs27eru
gmbinder.com/share/-L0cPOimJWe3mbuf2SPz/-L0muxnLzRlg-qcY97hG
gmbinder.com/share/-L0QUO3va3C6Nb-uTFil
gmbinder.com/share/-L0n2StXt-Rh7dUvyUYM/-L0uVOriBzFTB5GqWeof
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What feature would you want to see most from another RPG?

Is the question what feature from another rpg we would like to see in Genesys?

Working on a Genesys Hack for my homebrew system/setting, it's a dark fantasy game, but if Dark Heresy can work so can this... gonna steal some inspiration from WHFRP 3E as heretical as it might sound. I think it'll be pretty neat.

What in particular are you looking to borrow from that?

Tzeentch's Curse or whatever it's called, some "talents" and general abilities. Stuff that fits medium power heroes who have to fight smart in order to survive high powered threats.

>What feature would you want to see most from another RPG

Fuck that is a hard call... I have played EOTE for a while now and cannot really think of a mechanic another system does I what ported.

Well played user.

A more interesting class system, I guess. My only real grip with the system as it is now, and this extends to all of the Star Wars RPGs as well, is that characters feel so homogeneous. Mainly due to the low limits set for everything, I think.

So is there a scan yet?

>A PDF of something

Check the pdf share thread for the actual pdf (not a crappy scan)

Nice

The cost to add Accurate to a weapon you're designing seems really low at only 50.

Happy to help

A (mostly-)realistic western game is starting to become more of a reality, and after digging through a bunch of firearms history I have a decent weapons list.

Now I just need to decide how much I'm going to write up other gear, and how much I'm going to leave it just as vague "supplies".

Veuge supplies should be for stuff that has no real narrative effect. If one cannot do something cool and tropic with it. It is just genealogy kife.
My rule of thumb is if it is general kife and a player does something cool, +1blue or an improvised weapon.

No troll but curious as to what this system does better than already existing stuff out there. Asking as a DM interested in the idea of the variable arbitrating dice.

Narrative dice in an otherwise gamey system; most narrative systems have the reverse

New setting from the Discord:

The Etherium
docs.google.com/document/d/1VPCPMuQuvJ5pH8s9D41INK811GVJ3jT0pAzVusXA5gM/edit#heading=h.gtcysxs27eru

Adding it to the Pastebin

Another setting(s) added to the pastebin (sourced form the Community Forums)

[The OmniSphere Series (Beta, Delta, Omega)]
gmbinder.com/share/-L0cPOimJWe3mbuf2SPz/-L0muxnLzRlg-qcY97hG
gmbinder.com/share/-L0QUO3va3C6Nb-uTFil
gmbinder.com/share/-L0n2StXt-Rh7dUvyUYM/-L0uVOriBzFTB5GqWeof

>Rogue Trader port?
I've started working on it. Used a number of the elements from the DH2 port, as far as skills and talents. I'm trying to decide on how to represent profit factor, ass I want to avoid credit counting. I'm thinkiing of treating it like a skill, ranging 1-5, with skills associated with it (acquisition, influence, etc.) that may be used to obtain items and interact with organizations.

Do you think awarding players "Empire Points" at the end of sessions to act as experience points for their profit factor/related skills would work? Let profit factor act as a party-wide skill? This way you could reward endeavors with empire points in a similar war as prfit factor but give the players a choice on how to spend them. I am also thinking of including Dynasty Talents that would affect the skill tests related with profit factor.

I'm drunk, but thoughts?

Id say keep the "Imperial Points" and use it as a general currency for the team to purchase higher tier items/ships/weapons with. Keep it away from the casual supplies and player XP.

Are there the same number of each symbol on the genesys dice as there are on the star wars dice?

The duality of the dice results (Do you Succeed or Fail, did something advantageous happen regardless or did your actions have negative consequences apart from your success and failure) really warps the narrative elements of the story being told not just by the GM, but almost equally the players. The results are much more flexible and open to narrative interpretation, and provide a substantial number of instances for players to inject character-driven elements into the plot, sometimes altering it for better or worse.

In my opinion, all of the Star Wars stories I played with this system felt much more organic, and character growth more rewarding an experience, due to the dynamic narrative.

Yeah, they are identical. Except Genesys doesn't use the Force die

>Genesys doesn't use the Force die
Shit call. The dice is so damn useful.

Is Fallout possible in this? I know I can use GURPS but I'm not that autistic.

I need to get a copy of this so I can see if it'd be a good fit for the Redwall game I want to run.

As long as you don't mind something Narrative focused with a lot of abstraction, you could run anything with this system pretty well.