>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

What this guy said
Im blue valhallan user and I have strong anti communist views due to what I've learned of communism, what ive seen communism done when i visited family back home, and how my parents and their friends who lived in a communist country for most of their lives suffered through and told me about it.
Doesn't stop me from painting cool space Russians though.
Your political ideology, or your views, or your racism or religion shouldn't effect what army you pick or not. You simply pick it if you like it. Ignore all outside real world negatives of it, your in a miniature world now. Have fun with it. I dont know how many times people have played the red army choir when I deploy 50+ valhallan models but I just laugh it up and keep enjoying the hobby, as should most people.

>Somebody gifted a fucking baneblade.
Guys, stop making me feel bad about the gift I made.

So anons I have just acquired the kits to commence the creation of my Stormhosts allied Arcane Orrery.

Pictured is the vision in my head. I plan to share WIP shots at every stage of the conversion.

I'm currently converting a Primus and a Magus into DarkMech guys, any good ideas for decently small Chaos icons to replace the GSC staff topper with?

>Somebody gifted a fucking baneblade.
alright, fuck it, next year someone is getting an imperial space marine

My Ork warlord is called Dolf Hitla. He found an old pict recording of a humie able to make other humies waaagh real good, so not to be outdone he set about trying to do better. My opponents know it's parody, and I thought it's exactly what a blood axe would do if he came across something like that.

>alright, fuck it, next year someone is getting an imperial space marine

Didn't that already happen twice this year?

from the CSM kit

How does one make a Karis Venner model?
Generally I'd like to make my death korps third party if possible.

>My Ork warlord is called Dolf Hitla. He found an old pict recording of a humie able to make other humies waaagh real good, so not to be outdone he set about trying to do better. My opponents know it's parody, and I thought it's exactly what a blood axe would do if he came across something like that.

You always did need an audience, you sap! Lemme tell ya, I ain't practiced much magic for a long time. I wanna show you a trick Mother showed me when you weren't around - to use on special occasions like this. Ah ... oh yeah - one more thing: I'm glad you changed your last name, you son-of-a-bitch!

Lucky me, I've heard of Vegemite and it's taste before and also learned how to incorporate it in sauces and dishes for some umami goodness so I guess I won't fall for that trap

Already happened twice this year, check the imgur

>Pictured is the vision in my head
I'd wager the stormcast is at least 30% too small.
Not sure you'll fit that guy on the pulpit without his head or weapons connecting with the planets on the back.
Nothing that can't be fixed by some minor converting though I'm sure.

My fav Bakshi by far.

"They've killed Fritz!"

Had the model primed and tried something out today. If my camaera doesn't randomly decides not to capture the colours correctly, this should work for presenting the results of my chameleon metallic paints test, and some finished models in the future.

I finally got my hands on a book of Ian Miller's artwork. In addition to a lot of illustration for Games Workshop back in the days before the Dark Age of Technology - such as the cover of Warhammer Siege, shown here - he also collaborated with Ralph Bakshi on Wizards; Miller produced some of the matte paintings that form the backgrounds for the scenes that take place in Blackwolf's castle.

Here's an example where you can see Miller's work in the background.

>"They've killed Fritz!"

Those stinkin' yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those bloodthirsty animal war-mongers!

Can somebody with an XV25 Stealth Suit post a picture of the model with the Tau Ranged Weapons list weapons next to it for size comparison? Thanks in advance if someone does it.
>XV25 Stealth Suit
>Airbursting fragmentation projector
>Burst cannon
>Cyclic ion blaster
>Flamer
>Fusion blaster
>Missile pod
>Plasma rifle

>previous thread
>ScotAnon
>calls Scots whisky whiskey

Thoughts so far? Haven't really done anything with the pink yet, mainly been working on the cloak.

What bits are the head made from?

Anvil industry, my dude. You should check em out

Looks neat, what did you use to make the cape?

what

Red skellies user here, about to finish them

Looking good. What's it been like converting from the Primaris kit? I want to make a Red Corsairs army using Primaris dudes as my base.

nice! how did you do it?Id like to make blue ones

Oh shit I was looking for something like that open shotgun, nice

Base Mephiston Red
Red wash
1st highlight cadian fleshtone
2nd highlight bleached bone

Thats it basically

White metal games. lots of good bits.
Pretty easy more or less. Then again i'm not going full ham with my EC. I like them having the slave wars look. Like right after the heresy. But I'd say buy some dark eldar and slap some accessories on em. Primaris are really easy to work with.

Clean and defined.

I'd kinda want a singular piece of foot armor (maybe the piece between the toe and the shin?) or the sole of the boot to be black for some reason. I think you've used pink as a focal/contrasting point from the waist up, having such a large block as pink is a bit jarring. No idea about Official Team Colors™, however.

That's good to hear. The models look like they're posed pretty rigorously so it seems daunting.

Shit. He's a wiley one this one. I bet he even knows about dropbears

Extremely effective results for that style.

Can anyone do this? I need to know the sizes before I buy something for conversions.

The burst canon and fusion blaster are the same size for both stealth suits and crisis suits, so you can use that as a reference.

Ohhhh shit.
NZ user, my wife just sent me this picture.
Now I have to wait alllllll day before I open it

But I don't own any Tau models yet.

Anyone got any tips on painting custodes besides "watch Duncan?"

>Oh shit I was looking for something like that open shotgun, nice

It's a 12 gauge double-barrelled Remington - S-mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right... this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It retails for about $109.99. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right... shop smart - shop S-mart!

Japanon! I got all your packages in the mail now, posting photos of everything. For someone with English as a second language, I think, your handwriting in amazing. Also, thanks for the Heroes! I heard about these and was excited to see em

The card

Oh shit, those japan exclusive marines. Damn nice gift to receive.

Thats awesome! What are the weird slime bean candy things?

>space marine heroes
I'm jealous! That's a neat gift.

I just read the card
ignorant burger here

Are those Heroes random packed or are they just identical from the front?

random

He even translated the biographies himself. He's a blessed individual.

Left: Even though the Milky Way Galaxy is vast, few follow the Codex as faitfully as Tardus Castor. The explosive rounds of his automatic Bolter pierce enemy armor and burst within them, causing horrific wounds and deaths. However, such is Castor's military achievements that he fears nothing. When the first enemy falls in a pool of blood, without wasting even a second, he begins firing on the next target. "To the lowly enemies of Mankind, we will make them realize we bring bloodshed and despair."

Middle: After acquiring skills in heavy weapons in a destroyer squad and close combat in an assault squad, Letus Gaiun naturally found his calling. As a member of a Tactical Marines squad. His rate of fire is amazing, and even though he is firing while flying to the front line, the bullets he shoots hit the enemy with ruthless accuracy. Few are superior to Gaiun in shooting on the move. Indeed, in the final charge to victory, he is often at the forefront. "Dear Brother, surely I fire three shots while you are firing two. However, the number of enemies fell by my bullets will be less than yours."

That quote I think is meant to say "the number of enemies felled by your bullets will be less than mine?" Idk. Seems odd with the bio. Unless its someone talking about/to Gaiun because then it makes sense lol

Right: Osodan Vanial possesses great skill with a Bolter, but due to his excellent strength and sharp eyesight, he gradually became a grenadier. Having become the informal grenade soldier of the Sevastus squad, he throws a frag grenade into an enemy group with incredible precision and disable them with its explosive power. Then, before the smoke clears, Vanial and his Battle Brothers advance, striking the finishing blow with their Bolters. "Filthy Xenos, here is a small gift from Ultramar! With it, I will end your suffering forever!"

The slime bean candy things are actually quite delicious, I ate like three packs for breakfast because I forgot to eat before I left for work.

Hey there VA user, thanks a bunch for the gifts!
I go through glue like a motherfucker and I use lots of green stuff too. I'll get a lot of use out of the smoke as i play dystopian wars along with 40k so that'll be neat to have on a sea board.

Also he snuck me 8 packets of the peanuts instead of the listed 6. Quality gift.

Your lucky day user, I’ll grab a photo when I get off work.
For the greater good!

damn ipad

Glad you like it! Do the smoke markers light up properly? If the UPS guys manhandled them, it may have knocked a switch loose or something.

and the letter

yup, all three work fine. I'm gonna steal your idea to make more. The greenstuff was stuck to the box but no big

Alright! Sorry about the greenstuff. I'll keep that in mind next time I mail it out loose like that. Maybe a plastic bag would work better?

I keep mine in sandwich bags, air tends to dry out greenstuff anyway

Definitely noted.

Ahhhh shiet, my package to my user arrived early! Hope I didn't miss the post about it. :D

Thanks.
Can you include Pulse Rifle, Pulse Blaster, Pulse Carbine, Rail Rifle, and Ion Rifle too? I'm sorry there's so much. It's ok if they're still on the sprue or already on another model if that's all you have.

progress, arms are next

That's looking fucking boss. Is this Emperor's children?

No I think this is purple IW guy

A barbarian is looting my fridge. This was a fun paint after doing space marines, I was afraid I'd fuck up the skin since I only had bugmans glow but I think it turned out fine.
r8 pls

I think the skin looks good. The horns lost some detail, and the skull piece connecting all the straps is a bit bright. Its jarring with the other muted reds. Specially when the same symbol on the axe is a hella nice bronze.

I just realised I forgot to use agrax on the center skull, it should actually be the same color as the helm and the pieces of red on the boots.

Fukken top lad, Japanon.
Good form.
Also, dembios are gr8.

Looks decent.
Perhaps going darker with the shade and/or lighter with the highlight wouldn't hurt next time, but it looks good as is.

Current project. Gonna be painting it up using WW2 Hungarian colors. This thing is a maze of mold lines and gaps though, jesus.

Another black orc

ty user, it's for my (not)blood angels purple marines

>purple IW guy
kek, such heresy

you messed up, that orc is green

What should I do as a paint scheme for these guys? I tried red uniforms/grey armour and wasn't really thrilled, planning on repainting.

I want to say "dubs decide" but I also don't want flourecent pink troops.

Also general tips on how to fix up/paint over my fuckup first attempt.

well aint that a gag and a half.

Better picture, all blank.

Where did you get those figures? I've got a friend who vaguely wants to get into painting and the ability to paint those like Helghast might give him the final push he needs.

If you want a safe but unoriginal color scheme you could go for the jin roh blue/grey armor on brown/olive cloth

>Where did you get those figures?

Looks like Victoria Miniatures Hexenheim Storm Troopers bodies with alternate heads.

Looks like Anvil heads

browny grey cloth with black and red armor maybe?

Yeah, its these + the Enforcer heads from the penal guard set. I kinda wanted to go for the Jin-Roh look like says.

>Armies on Parade: /WIP/ edition

So I'm going to do this using my /ss/ presents.
Can anyone help me identify these two bots so that I can find build instructions and start working out exactly how I want to ignore them?

They seem to be white hard plastic, not quite GW.
One of the other models was from the Warmahordes elves faction, apparently.

That's a Warmachine Retribution of Scyrah something or other, all their large mechs have basically the same design and parts but with swapped heads and weapons.

shit I'm gonna be doing this soon, but with scion bodies instead

That appears to be a Retribution of Scyrah heavy warjack. A manticore to be precise.

Second smaller bot.
The big one is maybe Warjack sized, this one is closer to GW SM Terminator size I think.
From all the rounded edges and shit, maybe Convergence of Cyriss?
I don't know WMH beyond Khador looks cool-ish.

I'm going to have a travelling junk peddler trekking through some Monument Valley style wasteland - engineer, big mech, small mech, a little swarm of smaller robutts and perhaps a horse/donkey/boar/alien and cart.

Thanks to and for paint/terrain modelling suggestions, will look into them soon.

If you are using these exact heads be careful - the respirator is quite big and can make it hard to pose the heads. Put a small ball of green stuff in the neck to raise it up and make it easier to ajust.

hey dude Queensland is actually in Australia. North eastern chunk of Australia to be exact. where it is FUCKING HOT.

t. Queenslander (but not the one who sent you the package)

>Marmachine Retribution of Scyrah Manticore

What a ridiculous looking model.
This may take more rearrangement than I had expected.
Daft rhino-lookin', pauldron-havin', codpiece-flauntin' motherfucker

appreciate the heads up, its probably gonna be a while cause $15 minimum shipping is pretty rough. Gonna do a group order with some buddies.

what do you think that people in Brazil call Brazil nuts Brazil nuts?

mirin' dem tank paint jobs

Looks cold.

I mean, he's in the fridge

holy fuck assembling krieggers is taking me forever

how do you know which arms go with which models?

I got my /ss/ gift today, thanks a ton Crumpton user!

I'm a long time space marine player so the gift was perfect. Currently eating the chips.

Oh no, my grammar was poor. NZ user sent it to me, another Qld user. And today's temp would dry out a dead dingos donger

i'm always surprised how many Cuntlanders we got here. everytime it gets mentioned the thread turns into state of origin maroon supporters pretty much.

>dip paint brush tip in paint
>move toward model
>paint has dried
fuck Queensland weather fucking hell