Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Nurgling edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Duncan 300th
youtube.com/watch?v=nBopjeR60UM

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/82zY9oAIu7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the Greater Good

Gue'vesa rules when?

xth for Best Legion

Played against a Space Wolves friend, he brought the guy on the sled, Logan I think? Said Santa's coming for me no matter if I've been good or bad.

I said I wasn't just good. I was Greater Good.

Then I lost the game, but it was a pretty cool improv moment. Killed a shit-ton of furfags still.

Anyone else find the Nurgling they showed kinda badly painted?

Made me laugh out loud at work.

xth for Thighlestine.

My bitter brother!

DORNFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEE

That looks great man. When's the head coming in?

What is this stupid meme shit instead of Duncan?
If you're going to replace him, at least replace him with good anime.

How long does it take you guys to paint your minis? I feel like it's taking way too long to get my army table ready, been working on them for over 3 months

Celestine is pure
pure carnage

Two hours per mini is what I get if I'm not doing assembly line.

>Iron Hands codex when
>Iron Hands characters when
>Iron Hands Black Library when
>Iron Hands unique units when
>Iron Hands new upgrade sprue when

At least its actually 40k related

thanks! have a smug anime face
january most likely, when i have money again
also im away till next year end of this week, so im basicly done for this year

I really wish people would stop doing it. It's not funny.

>wanting characters

You need to be over 18 to post on this site for your info.

Threadly reminder that Celestine and Greyfax are in love

If Celestine has her two bffs, can you shoot at her as if she wasn't the nearest?

~1 week / infantry troop model
way longer if its a bitter model

Right around the same time Rak'gol get their Codex.

More like pure fapbait, along with her other sisters.
You can tell who is her Germinae by looking at their.
Blessings.

>bitter
ment bigger

atleast they arent in lesbians any more

I can assembly line IWs in MK.III to table top quality in about 45 minutes.

The whole unit has the character rule, so have to get close to shoot em.

Are Advanced Targeting Systems or Target Locks ever worth it? The advantages seem fairly minimal compared to just taking another gun.

That rule needs changing.

>t. Not well endowed woman

Anyone willing to share the DA codex as an epub?

It's on the mega...

in the archive, search: kept you waiting

Well I hope you had a good year and that a better one awaits you

Extra AP is nice on non-Crisis where it doesn't compete with guns for slots

I always take 2 weapons and shield generators on my Crisis suits

>enjoy your 1000 years of garrison duty

I was looking at doing an 8th ed re-write to fix some of the more glaring issues like the character rules, cover, and firing arcs. Would anyone be interested if I could get this out by Sunday?

2 flamers and ATS are a very nice mix between number of autohits and quality in my opinion. also cheap enough that it makes crisis suits really worthwhile. They'll fucking cook any infantry. Even better if you run a commander around them with a drone controller and each suit has 2 gun drones. It's not even that expensive.

3x Crisis Suit Bodyguards (45) w/ 2x Flamers (18), ATS (8) and 2 gun drones (16) each = 261

No.

Whats the verdict bro’s?

besides the fact the price is ridiculous and forgeworld is pay 2 win

How so?

Only if you call yourself space 0din and spurge about Orks

For flamers I would never sacrifice a flamer for ATS.
In general, ATS is less points efficent compared to just strapping on a third/fourth weapon. However, ATS is cheaper than a weapon so you have less eggs in one basket and saving you some points for a slighty less output from crisis suits.

Why do you deny the holocaust?

*Pulls out icarus array*
Nothing personal, fleshbag.

Do we have The Warmaster epub yet?

Celestine needs to stop fucking littering!

The audio book is on YouTube you double turbo nigger.

But i like to read....

Take what you can get faggot.

Why are plastic daemonettes so ugly?

>Give breachers 3+ save
>Give all breachers pistols

That wasn't so hard

ATS becomes better than an extra flamer the tougher targets get. Personally I think the ability to threaten TEQs is better than just being able to put out more wounds on Orks and Gaunts.

Just going back go the more effective rules we've used in the past, or versions that at least make more sense. Like Cover being TloS based and actually being usable by more than just infantry, changing the character rules so that they make any sense, commoj sense firinf arcs etc. I like 80% of what 8th did but there are some things that just blow my mind how stupid they are.

iron father, upgrade sprue, primaris upgrade sprue.
pls gw

can someone fill me in on the FW = Nazi forced meme?

You are a big meanie!

So, what's up with the heads on the crisis suits? Are they where the tau's head is located, like a helmet, or are they just sensors and the slit in the torso is where the pilot's head is located?

>Commission Paint Service

Le Sigh

Can you not paint your own? Or do you not have the time or interest?

camera/sensors, aesthetic design choice

youtu.be/82zY9oAIu7A

It’s a sensor array.

Not him but if I had the cash I'd get a commission to paint my minis. I'm a terrible painter and they're good enough when viewed from a distance on the tabletop but pretty messy and splotchy up close. Can't afford to drop hundreds of bucks on a paint job though so I deal with it and just do it myself

Most are shit and not worth the money, a lot photoshop the models they post. You will not get your money back. If you are going to use a commission painter, best to just see does that sort of stuff at your FLGS and see their actual work.

Just sensors. The pilot is enclosed within the chest area.

I’m sorry user.
I’d paint your dude just for the experience, but I’m part-time employed and a college student.

What's a decent weapon loadout for a captain/chapter master? I'm in the middle of building one at the moment and I'd like to make sure that I don't give it crappy options and regret it later. Thinking power sword and some sort of combi weapon

So GW can sell them to American kids.

If it was 3 seperate dudes no because the new character rule.

Oh my god I just realised the waac potential.

>Knee Spike: Ouch!

TLoS sucks. Just make sensible rules for area terrain.

Power Sword and Combi Weapon is classic, but you have to consider what his job is? Is he dueling or using his aura to buff other units in the backfield?

No TLoS please

t. 6'7" guy who hates bending down to manlet sized tables

Combi-melta, Teeth of Terra, and Jump pack has never disappointed me.

Thunderhammer, Shield Eternal, Jump pack is pretty damn nice too.

Just an extension of the "every one I don't like is a nazi" meme. The more frivolously the word is use the less power it will have to shock or offend.

It won’t ever be as good as Pancake Edition so who gives a fuck.

The Diaz daemonettes were great. Probably worth their weight in gold these days. Shame he never got to sculpt a Keeper of Secrets with the same esthetic - would have been awesome.

Pic related is more slutty than demonic, but I like them better than the wrinkly single-titted things.

so my best friend plays 40k and I haven't played since.... 6th edition? i think. What is an easy non spees mareen army to buy and build? would going to bartertown be the cheapest option?

Eldar. Build a pure Wraith army.

Generally speaking, that do other players think of Tau players who use regulator crisis suits as commanders? It feels Kinda gay but it's not my fault regular suits hit on 4s.

Also, what's the fluff reasons for tau veterans being som shit (shas'ui) while guardsmen veterans can hit on 3+?

That's my plan sorta. Yvraine, Yncarne, 2 units of 5 Wraithblades in Wave Serpents, 2 Wraithlords and maybe some Walkers.

>tfw my chapter is fluffed around fighting a xenos race with no rules
I-I'm ok.

You'll want some Spirit Seers in there too, for the +1 to hit aura

I'm sorry, I wasn't very specific, I meant TloS for non-infantry models like vehicles and MCs so your positioning with your larger models matters at all. Most of my problems with the edition are in regards to how MC's, vehickes, and Characters work. Infantry would remain unchanged with onky the potential addition of more terrain types so it isn't always just a +1. I liked having heavy and light cover. Makes no sense for the ankle high crater to be as effective of cover as everything else.

Oh okay, thanks. Any other advice? Maybe some Farseers for Psychic powers?

Time to talk about Khorne lads, we should definitely discuss Khorne.

Do you lads think khorne likes pancakes waffles or french toast

Are there any martial cults dedicated to Khorne that just practice combat skills and duel other champions?
The autistic “Blood for the blood god” screeching is obnoxious.

I think Khorne used to be about honor as well back when I played in 4th

Khorne Flakes

Has any one tried the Laura hook China man on eBay? Was looking to kit bash an alpha legion hq and was wondering how brittle the recast was.

>angry manlet/10
Would not fuck

fuck me that's so stupid, I feel dumber for having enjoyed reading it

Meh, like all their stuff it’s too try-hard.

No, there are more retarded ones in fact.

RIP pancake edition.

Like the tears of an angel, washed away in rain.