Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1952: Time Looper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers, how many doors are in your warehouse walls by now? How many attachments, in other words.

Then I'll repeat the official guidelines for what constitutes a "trap option" to you:

"So I've noticed a persistent problem that a lot of jumpmakers not only struggle to put the asses in seats, but they keep failing to do so and never ask themselves 'why?'. A lot of it is because they frankly put out 'perks' that are a waste of bytes, so why don't we try to stop that? Here's a little list on that note. If an option does any of the following, it should be considered a trap option:

1) Permanently alters your mind or forces certain behaviors upon you. The 'upgraded' capstones in Gunnerkrigg Court are good examples of this, as well as Murdertale.
2) Eliminates options in future jumps, or inescapably creates types of narrative (some overlap with the above may exist, see: Murdertale). The pre-toggle perk I Wanna Be the Strongest Hero from Medaka Box is a good example of this.
3) Places the ability to continue your Chain directly on the hands of someone else. The Valkyrie origin from Valkyrie Profile is the defining option of this type.
4) Negatively affects future worlds in a manner far beyond your ability to control with anything from the jump itself.
5) Otherwise enforces permanent drawback-like effects that can't be avoided through your own efforts in-setting or anything offered in the jump document."

....huh, I don't actually have any.

Weird.

Fuck off, Record.

3 right now.

Nier
• Homely garden
• Lunar tears

Generic xianxia
• Time accelerated spirit garden

All 3 of these are great for my xianxia alchemist job.

Is that Record or Cliff?

Mostly, if a property has an option to be deployed to the jump world, I deploy it to the world of the jump. So, the only strict Warehouse Attachment I've got, is the one that doesn't give me the deploy option, my Amber Ogia farm from Ben 10.

I've got a whole lot of persistent real estate though!

Fuck.

I legitimately don't know anymore.

MapleStory Jump 1.0 is done! I might make minor modifications to it, but it is otherwise feature complete and theoretically jumpable.

Are there canonically vampires in the Hellboy universe, both cinematic and comics?

Due to a jump rule, just trying to make sure before I start building.

Remove the pods.

Be nice, he has MS.

So just a warning to anyone who cares. This MSA guy likes to put a lot of meta rule breaking stuff in the jump so if you don't like that, you'll need to read through his jump and make sure to bring it up, otherwise he'll claim he doesn't need to listen once it's on the drive.

>I Wanna Be the Strongest Hero from Medaka Box
I just realized that, the way it's written, taking that perk means things are going to keep escalating after IIhiko.

Comics yes; movies doesn't have anything confirmed, but I feel it's pretty safe to assume so.

Please remove the Heart Key. It doesn't fit the jump and all you're doing is putting a black mark on an otherwise good setting because of your own agenda.

I dislike the heart key option myself.

Aight. Thank ya thank ya.

Looks like I gotta go Mythical Creature then.

Don't listen to , keep the pods!

No problem.

So....anyone else companion Nui in Kill La Kill.

Don't listen to

Don't really like how much you involve the Benefactor in a lot of these descriptions, the Washing perk feels by far the worst offender here.

Heart wedding thing is pretty shit too, even if I'm almost certain you're going to push it through no matter how many complain.

I took the whole family, actually.

My jumper isn't aware, but Ragyo wasn't fully redeemed, and is slowly amassing power and waiting for him to take the right sort of compromising drawback(s) to rebel and seize the title of Jumper.

Ragyo isn't aware, however, that Nui has watched Jumper's DVDs of how the show goes down without his intervention. And that she's ready to put the wrench in Ragyo's gears.

> (so long as that doesn’t happen too frequently)
How often is "too frequently" in the context of the skill itself?

MANY DOORS, ED BOY

Given the lack of context, it feels weird that Nui of all people would side against Ragyo given she's more lifefiber than human.

It's a narrated jump, which I know isn't to everyone's liking. I was writing this one as half writefagging, half jumpmaking, that portion of it won't necessarily be in future jumps, but it's what I wanted to do for this one.

In-game, the cooldown on it is a mere 30 minutes, though how game cool down times equate to real life I leave to fanwanking.

As much as anyone complains about trap options, they’re already on the drive so we should just accept it.

Ignoring everyone's complaints on the Heart Key, exactly as everyone knew you would.

Hey guys, if you ever needed to see what a powerwanking jumpmaker who was only making a jump for something he wanted looked like, just look at MSAnon.

Sounds like the official guidelines of a little bitch.

The background is too dark for the black text. Use a highlight around the black text, emphasize with underlines, or change the background colour.

>Classes
>Second Job Advancement
>Third Job Advancement
>Fourth Job Advancement
>Second Class Citizen
>(((levels)))
>level 100
>level 10
Ugghh.

Are game mechanics an actual part of the setting, or have you just forced them to be as such?

So. Job Instructor - If I were one of the Character-type classes, I could teach that class to others? Also, to be clear, is it locked into just one class at the time of purchase?
Incidentally, you might want to collapse the Job Advancement perks into a single perk with multiple tiers (ie. Job Advancement (50/150/300cp)) to make it more clear that you should only purchase one of them.

Sounds like the sort of thing Ragyo would do.

She trying to spread Life Fibers through the multiverse, or she graduated to just being in it for power?

I mean, so was Senketsu.

That aside, it wouldn't take much character development on Nui's part for suicide to start to sound unattractive.

Don't like the pricing scheme for what's basically just levelups. Like, why bother with it, if the only effect it has is skipping a bunch of content? Seems like a waste of CP.

Writing is a little bit too conversational for my tastes.

HP Washing is too much of a strict power multiplier. It's boring. Also, aren't most power boosts additive, rather than multiplicative? Multiplying is pretty heavy stuff man. There are some others that are straight numeric multipliers, which I'm not a fan of.

Heart Key seems fine to me, so long as you aren't going to the /actual/ Amoria, but rather a fresh pocket dimension thing.

Companion imports seem overpriced.

Having played Maplestory a good bit, this seems mostly inline with it, as far as feel goes.

>an otherwise normal human could learn a complex foreign language to general fluency within a few months
That is actually slower than a normal human without this perk would learn a new language to general fluency.

Maple Story does actually mention a lot of game mechanics in story dialogue (as opposed to help, tips and missions.)

Is that because they are an actual part of the world or because the characters explain the mechanics to you?

You should give examples of what the items offered by A Perfect Set are capable of.

Nah.

Indeed. Immersion learning can bring you to a generally capable level in a couple of weeks, at worst. Granted, you'll sound like a young child using the most simplistic of structure, but it'll be clear. In a few months, you'll have started softening your accent to a noticeable degree - Or from your native language's perspective you'll have started picking up an accent.

Do the resurrection perks from Chick Tracts still work if your body is completely destroyed?

Maple Story breaks the 4th wall in the storylines at times, not as tutorial type messages or explanations. This includes mention of mechanics as though they were part of the world (rather than part of the game.)
I suspect that part of this has to do with the localization team, and some of it having to do with the older parts of the game (where it's more prevalent - Newer portions rarely do so.)

I love to use xianxia storage rings to keep my stuff in. So much so that my warehouse has an entire wall full of boxes with just storage rings with different materials and items sorted into each one.

What do you jumpers do for storage?

I'm not sure how to react to this pun.

Classes themselves are literal world elements, and not merely mechanics, so keep that in mind. The "character" type classes are literally a specific character in the world with unique abilities. Obviously in the MMO you've got plenty of the same ones running around, but MSAnon's made it clear that in-jump you or your companions would be taking their place, including their history.

Oh boy, a fun item to completely remove any need to buy companions with CP. I love the recent powerwanking.

Miswording noted. Thank you.

Hasn't that been around forever with Blue Feather though?

Wow, Timmy is really mad today.

You mean the single-use item that requires you to pay for it at a price at-or-above most jumps canon companion option and that also explicitly makes it a wedding?

The dreaded day is coming and he cannot stand it.

Do we have any Xianxia jumps in the works aside from CD Part 2?

Christmas? Bah, bug and hum~

If I choose a Character class as my second class, will the original character also exist in the setting?

Do the job advancement perks just give you quick access to what you can learn on your own?

Yeah, the one that interferes with other jumps point balance, despite your attempts to say it's balanced for being priced the same as things in other jumps.

Would you be okay with single use items priced at 600 that let you buy a capstone perk from any other jump?

You will be visited by three spirits this night. Expect the first upon the stroke of one.

Unfortunately, Timmy just graduated to making jumps so he could shitpost more.

I wish he used all that energy into making a Seto no Hanayome jump

Are you okay with MSAnon offering companions from your jumps in his?

Well, Ragyo started out doing it to spread life fibers, but she figured out pretty quick that was too noticeable. So, she started accumulating power so that she could make a move, and somewhere along the line, she realized that the scope had gone far beyond being a part of the life fiber reproductive cycle.

No, she's working at creating something superior to the life fibers now, and accumulating power so no one, not even jumper, can thwart her plan.

>Given the lack of context, it feels weird that Nui of all people would side against Ragyo given she's more lifefiber than human.

Well, by this point, the only unredeemed (Purified through a combination of Spiral Power, Genetic Engineering and the Silver Crystal) life fibers are in one of three places. (A) the secure sample I keep for research purposes, (B) the source that Ragyo hid from me, and (C) the fibers Ragyo is implanting into herself and her experiment.

The ones in Nui and Junketsu, for example, have gone from parasite to symbiote.

Beyond that, Nui has had 83 jumps to have a change of heart, over 830 years of different life experiences.

Poke balls for the larger stuff and stuff that I don’t want to get rid of, but don’t ever really use. The important stuff or stuff that’s commonly used like body armor, weapons and such I keep in racks by the doors.

Are you okay with looting stuff from worlds and putting it in your Cosmic Warehouse?
If you've ever put anything in your warehouse that you didn't spend points on, you've got no room to talk about "other jump point balance."

>companions from your jumps in his?

Wait, what?

Explain.

Maple Story has a single-use item which allows one to marry-and-companion a character.

Brutus just said on the IRC that he's not putting it on the drive. Rest in piece, shithead.

Avoiding the question since you don't have an answer is pretty pathetic.

Please explain to us why you're not okay with jumps offering perks from other jumps, if you're fine with them offering companions from other jumps.

Screencap?

MSAnon is putting in a extra pod option, so people can buy it from his jump and then companion people from your jump without paying for it there.

Post proof or you're lying.

Honestly?
Because every jump offers perks.
Not every jump has companion options.
And I find people to be far more interesting than nifty cool flashy special powers.

He's telling the truth.

Meanwhile, in IRC...

The shadow cabal at work, ladies and gentlemen.

0/10, kys

Ah. Dunno. I thought it was something different for a moment there.

I don't really care?

I built a vault below my House (Chocobo Dungeon), which I use to hold most of my valuables. The drawers and sacks are all enchanted to hold more than they really should. Katia was the one who came up with the spells and runic circles to inscribe on the bottom on the drawers. Stitching them into burlap sacks was a pain in the butt. In hindsight, I should have burned them into wooden boxes, but ah well.

>Playing those games
>Spending money on those games
What the fuck, Justice?

You know, I really don't understand why people crosspost from that site and then act like it's some massive outrage instead of doing the sensible thing and ignoring it. Like the internet version of a rock's slimey underside. Why would you do that to yourself? If you really want to shut someone up on the internet, not spreading their opinions does a lot more than...whatever this is trying to accomplish.

It's like hating mosquitoes, so you let yourself get stung over and over again to show people how awful mosquitoes are. People already know, all you're doing is give the impression that on some level you enjoy being stung.

I...haven't actually kept track! I do have quite a few attachments by now, but the massive door network-labyrinth built into my Warehouse far outstrips them.

I MAY have gone a little overboard with mashing up Asgardian Bifrost tech with Monsters Inc. closet tech, portal goop tech and Necron Eternity Gate tech. We've started getting newspapers many weeks ahead of schedule, or from alternate timelines.

Wait, KLK has a companion option? Or d'you mean by pods?

Anyway, last I saw Nui she was a little too on fire to be companionable.

>she's working at creating something superior to the life fibers now

Aw, crap. Shit's going down if you ever take her to Chrono Trigger. Or the Wormverse. Or the Zerg.

...actually, maybe not the Zerg? The Zerg aren't terribly fashionable. I could see Ragyo passing up a species that can't figure out where a leotard begins and a carapace ends.

In the end it comes down to you being a hypocrite that just wants more things than people are offering you, so you support someone mucking around with other people's jumps. That's pretty disgusting.

So, a blue feather? Or the ring from shipgirl jump?

>Welcome back Gundam and Val
Does their insidious cruelty know no bounds?

So you have no proof.

I do not need proof, I control the drive. And this piece of shit is not going on it.

Shipgirl ring doesn't actually do that and I can't understand why everyone thinks it does.

>not taking the chest from Cthulhu Saves the World that copies stuff put in it to get a massive store of Heart Keys

That chest is fucking great.

You don't have the trips, big guy.

>It's like hating mosquitoes, so you let yourself get stung over and over again to show people how awful mosquitoes are. People already know, all you're doing is give the impression that on some level you enjoy being stung.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing this analogy.

Brutus uses a trip. 1/10 got me to respond.

Are you the biggest weeb on this earth? I feel like you probably are. Hope many katanas do you own?

Both Harvest Moon and Sonichu have similar items, though the Sonichu one is slightly more limited. Weight of precedent is in favor of allowing this one too.

Psst. Guess what: As a DM in pen and paper games, I fudge the rules. Hell, I shamelessly steal things from completely different settings too.

Not familiar with the shipgirl jump. Care to explain what makes it different from the blue feather?

Probably cause it says it does(though at a price that is rather prohibitive if you want more than one, barring copy shenanigans)

Why do people keep saying the Kancolle ring companions people? It's just a power boost for your special someone.

To be fair the Harvest Moon jump wasn't ever finished by the original author, some anons just made it into a PDF and everyone else just...let it slide because waifufags were thirsty AF at the time. And like user said the shipgirl rings nets you a companion from the kancolle setting, not anywhere.

A better example would be the jumper contract from Soul Hackers. I'm not sure how that got a past, but it seems to have?

Oh, it does? What does the Sonichu jump have? The general awfulness of the setting is scarring my memories of the actual jump.

5 dogecoins says it's the same twat who tripfagged as the user ((working)) on a replacement bayonetta jump out of sheer salt against Val

Could you quote where? Since it really doesn't say that.

You get one as an admiral, extras cost 1000cp.

Still salty about Red stepping in to take her claim back, huh Val?

What? No I don't. Fucking dingbat.