What does Veeky Forums think about Bolt Thrower?

I think that although this album is too grindcore-y and not as good as most of their other stuff, it's pretty good and everyone on Veeky Forums should give it a listen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AFhKjbgfYJE
youtu.be/K55gEo2T61g
youtube.com/watch?v=FnrWTQgkEcE
youtube.com/watch?v=AGlza-6TwvE
youtu.be/Ny7cTFHcL04
youtu.be/QL19beIJSE0
youtu.be/gERIVNyjW1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wait theres a fucking 40K death metal band?

I thought these guys were the only ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=AFhKjbgfYJE

this is their only album that's about 40k specifically, so I wouldn't call them a 40k metal band per se, but yea, this one exists too.

They're fucking awesome. Growly, fast, and lyrics about daemons. Quintessential heavy metal.

but with a name like Bolt Thrower, a lot of people are gonna fairly assume its all about 40K.

still some damn good music though.

This band exists too!

youtu.be/K55gEo2T61g

how do you feel about their other albums?

Not the guy you're responding to, but Bolt Thrower is extremely consistent. All their albums are good, no flops.

I agree wholeheartedly, with the exception of Honour-Valour-Pride. I guess the absence of Karl Willets just ruins the whole thing for me. My favorite would have to be Those Once Loyal, if I think about it. ANTI-TANK (dead armour) was the song that got me into death metal

As much as I get a kick out of World Eater in particular, the albums War Master and Mercenary have some good tracks.

I fucking love that track. No Guts No Glory off of Mercenary is fantastic too.

>not as good as most of their other stuff
Realm of Chaos is their magnum opus

Those Once Loyal is more or less perfect.

I could be wrong but I think this band has been around longer than 40k

I THINK IT'S GOOD

KICKASS TRADEMARK ROLLING RIFFS

BUT Veeky Forums BABBIES ALWAYS OVERRATE IT JUST BECAUSE OF THE 40k REFERENCE

Uhm, no, sweaty, they're not heavy metal, let alone quintessential. They're OSDM.

sorry but no. Mercenary and No Guts no Glory have better riffs and better recording overall.

that too

very consistent band

yeah but it's trash. Massively overproduced sterile tech/brutal death with deathcore vocals and haphazard songwriting.

there's a few of em around. honestly the only one that's really made by 40k nerds for 40k nerds and has actually good riffs is Debauchery. It's very samey and primitive but it's real good. Also album artworks by Adrian Smith.

yeah their first two albums caused them to often get confused with grindcore acts even though that wasn't what they were going for.

not by much but yeah

their first album also had artwork drawn by one of the early GW illustrators though.

neat

Kinda boring and slow imho.

Bolt Thrower is one of my favorite bands by far. IV Crusade FTW

You know, the Russians have a LOT of Warhammer 40k bands of their own, right? Go on Youtube and try looking up "Grimwind-Necrons" or "HM Kids-Ave Imperator" or "Keepers of Death-Eversore assasin" or "Hammer of Faith- Word Bearers" Some really good Russian Metal. And you better know who "Galaxy Aflame" are too! You don't deserve the right to call yourself a Warhammer fan if you haven't listened to them!
youtube.com/watch?v=FnrWTQgkEcE

America had Invocation of Nehek, but they had all of one album so who knows how much influence there was besides cribbing the name.

youtube.com/watch?v=AGlza-6TwvE

Bolt Thrower is fucking great.
youtu.be/Ny7cTFHcL04
youtu.be/QL19beIJSE0
youtu.be/gERIVNyjW1U

Piece of complete trash that is overreacted because it’s about 40k