/cfg/ Comfy Fantasy General

Babbling Brook edition

Lets get comfy Veeky Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=monkey
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Odette and Odile in one shot. Must be about time for Siegfried to run over and hold his head under water.

In your opinion, what makes a comfy setting compelling? Obviously, it isn't going to be all grassy meadows and sun-dappled creeks. How do you spice things up to make people want to get more involved with it? Exploration? Mystery?

Yes, exploration and mystery is big. Bad guys exist but are not world ending evil, maybe just bad for a region - and they are not all powerful beings. And there are places that are quite safe from any big bad evil. Lots of quiet places to sit and enjoy life. Maybe the world moves pretty slowly.

I find places like this cozy. Danger, maybe, but also lots of places to explore and get out of the weather for a night with a group of friends.

That sounds comfy, too. I think the real key to creating a comfy setting is to have many options. Exploration really is key. I think having some cool history is comfy too. Kids imagining themselves as heroes of bygone eras, for example

Even bad places can be cozy with kind people and good friends.

Are miniatures permitted?

These days I only really play genteel skirmish games like Heroquest, Song of Blades and Heroes, and Frostgrave. I just like collecting characterful miniatures.

Of course, everything comfy is allowed! What game is that in your picture? I like it.

The world of Titan, from the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, is right comfy

not him, but its Blood Rage i think

Thanks mate

Are you looking for more comfy locales or is character art also welcome?

Kitchen inna box

All is welcome. No stress about in this thread, that's not comfy at all

Her expression is priceless.

This reminds me very strongly of the entrance to a friend's apartment in San Francisco. There were 4 of them splitting a 1 bedroom, haha. But nice memories, thanks!

Cool, the guy is called Steamflunky, he is more of a photographer than anything. Not sure on the miniatures, as mentions he does sometimes use Blood Rage miniatures, like this Troll particularly.

odd request, but anyone got anything with monkeys?

Belatedly, but makes sense! Thanks. :)

You're welcome!

Let me look. Probably don't have much that's comfy.

Best I have that's actually "comfy" and mostly monkey.

If you don't mind anime, I'd check out Safebooru, though most will be what I mostly have - zodiac monkey girls.

safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=monkey

Hakumei to Mikochi

Have loads more, but I've got to head out for awhile and may not be back for hours. Stay comfy, friendos.

This is a comfy thread.

Anybody got more like this?
Sauce on this? Looks like a fun game.

Gaia Master.

Comfy

what would be common adventures for a comfy fantasy?

lifting curses that make a village miserable or putting obstinate spirits to rest seem to be adaptable to comfy fantasy

how would comfy fantasy adventures handle combat?

My comfiest adventure involved the party getting hired by a old village elder lady, to go and find a young griffon that had been stealing the food supplies for a big old festival the villagers did every year.

Turns out the griffon was being encouraged by some old druid who lived in the mountains nearby. The party had a bit of a debate with him, as they didn't really want to kill the griffon, and tried to get the two of them to relocate.

Eventually one of the party members asked whether the druid had ever considered asking for the food. They all went back to the village together and had a nice party, griffon included.

Can we keep these threads going and not let them die out, please? I love comfy fantasy art. It's the best. I dunno, it's so relaxing to look at and the real world right now is so dark and anxiety-inducing.

I guess it's mostly because the artwork reminds me of all the fantasy/sci-fi JRPG games of my youth.

Dropping a ton.

My favorite setting is the comfy fantasy setting that is built on top of the ruins and dungeons of the past grimdark setting that crumbled to get them to this age of peace and prosperity. My own setting is basically something out of Final Fantasy/DragonQuest/Ghibli built on top of some crazy dark Game of Thrones/Witcher/Warhammer shit.

The Hobbit and the first half of Fellowship of the Ring are top tier comfy fantasy. Old Arnor is a great mix of spooky shit that'll make your blood freeze and nice comfy placed like Rivendell, Breeland or the Shire.

Lets make this even more comfy. Time to dump.

We could do comfy Thursday.
I love the feel of those.
It's one of my prefered setting to steal from, specially monsters. Shame the copy I have of the bestiary has a shit quality.
Also Fey are top tier comfy monsters.

>funny planets

His big amphibian pal is making exactly this face. Keked.

>Can we keep these threads going and not let them die out, please?
No, if we make them regular they'll turn to shit. And that's not comfy. Far better to have a good comfy thread every once in a while.

Good show lad!

>you will never live in a place like this

well, at least I've got indoor plumbing and live in a farmy, woodsy backwater town.

I beg of you guys, do not let this die. Let us continue to make these threads as long as we can!