/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Not Shadespire

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_victor_saltzpyre/
youtube.com/watch?v=kfJYghUCzW4
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Taurox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>THE SKAVEN ARE REAL
I call bullshit.

>Drag these vermin out into the harsh light of day

Careful what you wish for.

What if bretonnia is just the Lady's attempt at empowering the pantheon of order? Some kind of experiment, or just the last bastion of people that can't empower the chaos 4? Would that make such a backwards rational compared to the empire make sense? Empire men, as much as they advanced and display heroic valor, are still easily corruptible, where bretonnia is much hare to break due to the lady's chivalry pacts and ect.

That makes sense, the only case of corruption among bretonnians that I heard of are the one who drink from the False Grail, but that turns them undead, so no Chaos corruption there.

honestly blood dragon brettonians drinking from a blood grail is fucking awesome and I wish was a bigger deal

>bretonnia is much hare to break due to the lady's chivalry pacts and ect.

>laughing_Khorne.jpg

I'm a bit of a brainlet. What exactly is this Zweihander game?

Bait.

It's a game in which you can role-play a butthurt CEO who goes around on the internet trying to hype up his game.

+1 players, 12 and up.

So are the Lizardmen’s gods the Old Ones, or are they just something they ended up worshipping?

Yes, with the exception of Sotek who somewhat baffles the Slann.

The old ones are the lizardmens creators/uplifters. So they're kinda their gods in a way. Mostly the old ones were using the old world as a pet project until chaos came messed them up and scared them away

Lizardmen strictly speaking shouldn't have gods, they're supposed to just be following the Old Ones' instructions. But the Old Ones have been gone so long and their instructions are so unclear that it has slowly become a religion with the Old Ones as gods, as well as a few fake ones made up by the lesser orders of lizfags, like Sotek.

I only wish we had oficial Grail Virtues from the Bloody Grail

From the last thread:

Awhile ago, I wrote rules to consolidate mounted combat in Mordheim, as well as "VDR" for wagons/chariots. A wagon would have a carriage, wheels, and a set of animals pulling it, as well as optional addons. The more you decked out, the heavier the ride/the larger the speed penalty. Having more/tougher draft beasts would offset the penalties in question.

Would anyone be interested in porting generic "chariot VDR" rules to Fantasy, and maybe expanding them for naval warfare and fortification design?

Hey I already called myself a brainlet you don't gotta double-down. I just ask because I remember coming here when some WFRP 4th edition art had dropped and somebody posted some thicc book about Zweihander and the general consensus seemed to be positive. Sorry if I came off as bait or a shill.

Zweihander tries to succeed WFRP 2 but manages to break what doesn't work well in 2e in new and exciting ways. The creator actively shills on Veeky Forums pretending to be uninformed outsiders or normal fans, and he got an entire OOP pdf archive nuked in his efforts to protect his IP, inconveniencing Veeky Forums quite a bit.

It's a thoroughly mediocre system made by a total asshole, but it has some magical realm stuff. For example, are you into dryads and breastfeeding? Because it has those.

vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_victor_saltzpyre/

CARRIED AWAY STATUS [_]

I feel like Victor could've had a great and fulfilling career in acting. The guy is a total drama queen.

Damn, I am loving these alternative versions and the view in pic related!
I wonder what Kruber’s dark future will be...

>actively shills on Veeky Forums
>magical realm stuff like dryads and breastfeeding
Forget I fucking asked. I'll just wait for 4th edition like everyone else.

And here I thought bounty hunter Salty was gonna be 'Punished Saltzpyre.'

>4th edition
It will just end in disappointment.

There is to much hype for it in me, so no matter what they deliver I will be expecting something better

Well I bet he will be rubbing ashes all over himself as a zealot.

nacho kind of people

So Strigoi can, RAW, take the 'Pass for Human' vampiric power in WFRP 2e. What do you suppose a Strigoi passing for human would look like?

Illusion.

Ushoran was known for that after all.

Or maybe just looking like a rough living man. The kind who can pass for an old war vet or a beggar.

>Sotek fake
Someone wants their heart torn out and sacrificed to the snake god.

I'm not too worried about it, since I live in a place with winter.

The original Lizardmen armybook kind of implied that Sotek isn't real.

Original lore was there was no gods just splinters of the Chaos Gods, and Chaos Gods had no centralized personality because they’re just fragmented clusters of contradictory concepts. Everyone in- universe was wrong about everything.

Why do I feel sorry for Victor?

>Original lore was there was no gods just splinters of the Chaos Gods

That's only correct thing in your post.

At best - like without making heavy use of enveloping clothing, and maybe if they're new enough they haven't been so badly twisted - I'd guess they'd look like some sort of wild man, a particularly haggard Taal worshiper or a barbarian from the north. Someone that can get away with being unusually muscular and looking like they don't spend much time around people.

Otherwise they'd be a strangely large beggar or vagrant that's always wrapped up in their cloak so you can't quite make out what they're like. Or they manage to scrape together enough armor that they look like a huge, brutal mercenary or road warden, with their face and body hidden in metal. It's not as if all Strigoi are so far gone they can't use weapons and tools.

Frankly this is part of what makes me upset about ghouls being changed from looking mostly human to smegol knockoffs. I figured the Strigoi usually would not be able to go out into the world, but their ghouls were human enough that they could run errands, search for a bothersome vampire hunter, or act as their eyes and ears if a Strigoi cared enough for such things.

Isn't that what Gashnag is basically doing? Hiring people and telling ghouls to do work for him while he appears only in a heavy cloak to quickly ride off and kille whoever is threatening his kingdom?

Pretty much, yeah. He keeps himself mysterious as fuck, and it works surprisingly well.

But I think if you really wanted to stretch it, you could have a Strigoi that could pull off a Count Orlok sort of look.

Who is this cool looking dude?

youtube.com/watch?v=kfJYghUCzW4

thoughts?

I know I shouldn't, but I'm feeling the hype.

Wow, GW are really squeeshing in the video-game department, huh? This feeds my misguided hopes for a revival of Fantasy...

So is there any place in particular where I can find all the decent artwork from WF books?

Everything in that game looks pretty awkward to be blunt.
Perhaps more than trying to create a sandbox with everything thrown in hoping a game would form in its own they should have tried a more limited, focused and quality approach.

Nope, your best option is downloading the scans of the books and screencapping them yourself.

Most artists of the old guard don't release their warhammer portfolio online, nor I'm sure GW allows them to.
You can try your lucky looking for the facebook pages, some like paul bonner and thoumas pirinen happen to drop pieces from time to time.

What are you looking for?

Pinterest.

Based Duke Bohemond slaying a keeper of secrets.

Do you think kahlida and tehenhauin would get along together?

are there any named doombulls in warhammer lore?

>Nope, your best option is downloading the scans of the books and screencapping them yourself.

Fucking hell, I'm already doing that with World of Darkness, was hoping I wouldn't have to do it with WFB as well.

Gashnag doesn't actually have the 'pass for human' blood gift, though.

Gashnag the Black Prince, a petty ruler in the Borderlands. He is gradually building a kingdom up, and has a romantic and mysterious reputation. One time, some ogre mercs made the mistake of raiding a village of his for food. The Prince heard, and his people woke up to find every single one of the ogres' heads on a pike.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Taurox

This is the only one I can think of, which got rules in 7th edition; a problem with beastmen is that they got their armybook separated from the previously inclusive hordes of chaos one only late, so when people had to make special chracters or leaders, they went with human chaos warriors for the most part and the minotaur as leading hero is a recent invention too.

At least one, Taurox.The God's of Caos were pleased with him, so they sent a messenger to give him a reward, but the demon looked at him in the eye, which he took as a show of dominance and took extreme prejudice against. Before the demon could say a word he tore and swallowed his head, resulting in him entering a berserker rage that sent him destroying villages. When he awoke, his body was made entirely of brass.

What? No, no way. Have you seen Bohemond Beastslayer? He's got a big dragon bone club that would make an Ogre feel inadequate. He's so badass he refuses to fight anyone not worthy and just gives weaker enemies a stunning thwack at best. He is a direct descendant of Giles le Breton himself.

That knight in the image is probably a cool dude, but he's obviously no Bohemond de Bastonne.

Depends.

TK are the closest to the intended culture of humans from the Old Ones, but undead are as far removed from the plan as possible. Lizardmen are also unlikely to show respect to royalty unless TK were like Dwarfs and the plan of the Old Ones was to select their rulers for them.

So...neutral?

Non-English WFB wikis tend to have the best artwork saved. Also pinterest.

>Non-English WFB wikis tend to have the best artwork saved. Also pinterest.

Please, if you can, provide me link to those specific wikis.

I think its the German Lexicanum.

I know I sometimes find amazing art that doesn’t look like our low quality scans via google, and it always goes to another Warhammer wiki. One with massive pages that cite all Warhammer canon and have lots of pics, then I compare it to the English one and its only like a paragraph of 8e canon and one if any images.

What the hell? Why would they do this?

Brits and Americans are shit at uploading/updating wiki pages.

Meanwhile, Germans go fucking apeshit if you do not list every fucking detail of a character's back story going back at least 8 generations.

Coming from a family that has a detailed family tree going back almost 8 centuries, that's normal to me.

Is it possible for an Ogre to actually get full?

Not really, as their stomach will just keep expanding.

Sounds like a curse, constantly having that gnawing hunger you can never satiate.

Yep. Chinks have created a force of nature cursed to consume the world.

Created? I thought the Maw was the reason for their hunger

Yeah Helmgart looks really good.
Wish we had more pictures of Cities around the Warhammer World.

Chinks called down the meteor to drive the ogres away.

The Cathayans accidentally created the Great Maw when they Comet of Cassandora'd the Ogres' homeland.

Actually, speaking of the Comet of Cassandora, I always liked that the name of that spell actually had some background - Cassandora was the Sisters of Sigmar Seeress who predicted the comet that destroyed Mordheim.

so look at this baller ass fellow, regardless of his silly lore he'd make an excellent wight king, just posting because it makes me sad

Holy shit, that user was right. Victor *was* gonna turn out as a flagellant.

why do great looking models make you sad

SoS were considered heretics though.

because I'd have to pay 50 dollarydoos for 7 skeleton models with him in them user.

he'd make such a sweet bsb, really easy to convert

Only after the comet came down and they spent all their time surviving in the wreckage. Kind of sad that they didn't really have any surviving members.

>Frankly this is part of what makes me upset about ghouls being changed from looking mostly human to smegol knockoffs.
Could always headcanon it a bit. Maybe the mostly human ones are the 'heavy infantry'-type ghouls that come from (relatively) milder degeneration/inbreeding, and from eating better than their more common, animalistic brethren.

>dollarydoos
maybe don't live on an island as far as possible from all other civilizations

Why name a spell after a heretic?

Also, funny how Witchhunters ended Sigmar’s line.

Sisters of Sigmar would also admittedly make an interesting Rare Choice for Empire armies. Give them bonuses vs undead, the ability to take a Prayer Matriarch, blessed slingers, etc.

Do any of the wood elf books ever go into what kind of creatures live in Athel Loren besides Elves and tree people? Is it full traditional fae with fairies and sprites and such or is it more specific and just a old giant forest that's alive.

If you look at a lot of the non-plastic WE, there’s lots of fey creatures who look like various things on them wrapped around arms, staffs, and on dragons. Fairy lizards, fairy monkeys, fairy bugs, that kind of shit. AoS Alarielle’s beetle is actually pretty reminiscent of the old kits strangely enough.

Forest Goblins and thus giant spiders do, since Athel Loren is totally just Mirkwood painted with the tip of Ward’s Legolas boner.

How do you use detachments? They seem kind of shitty.

Check out the 6th edition book. It was filled with all kinds of little illustrations of forest spirits.
There was even a selection of Spites you could buy like magic items to follow your characters around.
8e a shit.

I doubt the Lizardmen have much love for Tomb Kings since that time one of them stole a slann mummy.

Actually they were considered heretical even before the comet hit.

>chaos can take beatmen if they want
But why would you ever want this?

>just posting because it makes me sad
Yeah, because your shitty game dead on arrival, dear shill?

I think Shadespire is mostly a success because they made the first good models since Fantasy died for it.

Pity about the price though.

They were under suspicion by the Witch Hunters, which isn't saying much....

Though the huge rock of warpstone hitting the city they were based in and their abbey being the only surviving untouched really didn't help.

It's probably the fact that she predicted it, associating that with a mage being able to call one down. It might even be a holdover from the times of hedge wizards and petty spellcasters.

Also, what is that about Sigmar's line?

That would be fairly cool. Imagine if they'd come out with two model lines, the Sisters of Sigmar and Priests of La Masiontaal for the Empire and Bretonnia respectively, in a sort of undead-fighting themed update. Sisters of Sigmar obviously stand out with their own design, priests of la Masiontaal could either go heavy with the Taalite theme or just be better organized Grail Pilgrims.

Why do I like Bretonnia so much

Because they put women in their place.

And by that I mean I'm thinking of GMing a WFRP game that takes place in Bretonnia where everyone plays a chick, simply because knowing my group it'll be a bunch of crossdressing knights.

Because they're cool

>an entire group of women all pretending to be men even around each other to keep from being found out
That sounds amazing

Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett

Quite frankly the crossdressing fluff is one of the more interesting things about a potential adventure in/adventurer from Bretonnia. Otherwise there's really little to differentiate it from half the Empire.

Khalida is the tomb queen who comes into conflict with lizardmen the most since the jungles are right there, so probably not
>ending sigmars line
>implying Karl “Based” Franz isn’t a descendant of sigmar

homosexuality

Block your dudes being shot at, get stubborn from parent unit, prevent flanks from being charged, ect ect
Take 2 detachments of 5 archers and just use them for maximum annoyance with your greatswords
Are you so blind in your hatred you wouldn't even look at good models?
I don't give a shit about yugio the war game, I just appreciate a good skeletal and wish he was sold seperately so I could get him.

This is what I've been working on today lads, I've never done an ethereal anything so the whole process is terrifying

Bertha Bestraufrung is the direct descendant of Sigmar and head of the Sisters. She presumably died with the rest of the Sisters of Sigmar at the hand of Sigmarite Witch Hunters, ending his bloodline.

>TK get squatted
>That one King they keep kidnapping finally knows peace
>Brets get squatted
>Silent eternal “FUUUUUUUUUUUUU”

Someone teach me the ways of 6e Beastmen. They look like shit.