After the untimely death of her hardline conservative father...

>after the untimely death of her hardline conservative father, the princess declares gay marriage legal and marries her tsundere ladyknight bodyguard
How does your party react?

Animefags are retards.

Agreed.

In before hella epic gay marriage lich screencap that totally happened

rest of the party hauls paladin and rogue to the nearest church, by force if necessary

Fuck off, shitposter.

one player jerks off silently

the rest don't care

My party would not react at all - the queen would not have the authority to do any such thing. Most likely not even the motivation, the very idea would probably not even cross anyone's head, because marriage in our world is not about who you like, or even who you have sex with: it's about political and reproductive union. To declare gay marriage a legal marriage would make about as much sense as declare cars to be airplanes. It just makes no logical sense. Even if the princess had such a crazy idea, nobody would care or listen to her.

With alarm, there hasn't been a monarchy in the region since the last royal family was burned at the stake after they demanded the execution of a respected knight.

My party reacts with matter of fact acceptance as the kingdom falls into political decline before eventually being swallowed by its many rivals due to the newly ascended queen refusing to marry for a lucrative political alliance and protection.

Why on earth would my party give a shit who the princess is banging? We're saving the world, not interfering in peoples' sex lives.

Stop spamming this thread.

Our party is trying not to get killed by daemons you insensitive bitch

What if gays cause demons?

OP this is the 6th or 7th time you've made this thread. I can only assume you are also the user who likes to pretend this is a /lgbt/ invasion.

I don't know what your agenda is, but it's fucking boring.

Everything causes demons. If anyone feels anything about anything then demons happen.

We start taking bets (and sides) on the inevitable civil war that's gonna result from the succession crisis.

If she wanted to be civil about it, she'd just keep her as a mistress. Otherwise, some magical enhancements may be needed to produce a heir; or perhaps a transition into a republic of some kind.

My players begin to question why I'm dragging my politics into a setting we've enjoyed for 12 years now.

>no autocrat in all of history EVER has EVER passed the throne to someone other than their son or daughter
mate... come on...

>no autocrat in all of history EVER has EVER passed the throne to someone other than their son or daughter
Not him, but it's exactly the process of having to pass throne to someone else but the legitimate heir that results in fucking massive succession crisis. Nobody is saying it's impossible. Just... usually comes at great price. It DOES depend on the particular descendancy model.

Whatever it is characters do when their players quit the game.

Assuming we, as the party are big enough player to have any influence here, we might as well pick our side.
Stay with the princess and help maintain the power?
Stick with the promising successor that can challenger her and help with power grab?
Play everyone against each other shattering the region into fractured sub-states?

Romans had adopted heirs all the time and succession crises were usually from not appeasing the soldiers enough over anything else.

I mean, there are a whole bunch of times where there's a succession crisis not because the ruler doesn't have a direct heir but because they do have a or multiple direct heirs and there are disputes as to who should actually be the heir. Like Stephen and Matila. Sviatopolk and Yaroslav. Henry II's kids.

Almight angels above, that is one battered roastie

I think this will get your post deleted?

Why on earth would you quit a game over this?

>Play everyone against each other shattering the region into fractured sub-states?
This is always the best move for fun adventures, but eventually you go too far and accidentally the whole of human civilization.

>replying to bait threads

I'm ashamed of you all.

I rejoice silently as I prepare my army of the dead for conquest.

Mod test senpai. Moderation has gotten much less consistent under Hiro.

>but eventually you go too far and accidentally the whole of human civilization
C'mon, this is one nation we're talking about. How can we accidentally... oh you mean the part with helping the cult on their portal thing?

I've been around her for almost a decade, it was never really consistent to begin with.
Save for the brief period of Nazimod rule that consistently banned everyone for everything.

>tsundere ladyknight
She receives a long lecture about how shit her taste is and how to improve it.

Just in general. It's like oh man we're making so much cash and swag off these breakaway kingdoms we're setting up, so maybe you decide to do it in a neighboring kingdom. And then when the army of gnolls attacks Lakemere you're like, well, no biggie, we already got all the cool loot from that place. And then one day you look round and it's just monsters and dungeons and ruins and tiny settlements barely eking out a fragile existence.

I would ask you to stop making these threads but I won't because I know that you won't stop as long as the mouth breathing inbred retards who infest this board keep replying.

I love the prevalence of incels these days. It really makes me glad that I was already a teenager when the internet showed up, because now I'm in my 30s and tons of hot 20-something girls are mewling for dick because all the guys their age are either fapping to lolicon or terrified to make a move because their internet echo chamber has them convinced that they'll go to prison for smiling at a girl.

If you were actually here for Nazimod well yeah, Nazimod was bad but people routinely complained he was banning stuff that was in fact rotting on page 10 because nobody was posting in it because they were too busy complaining to Nazimod threads.

I've been here for 10 years or so as well. Moderation has slipped a TON since moot left. I'm not talking about decisions - I mean hours when there actually is a mod or janitor around.

>incels
>prevalent
Don't think /r9k/ and the like are good representations of reality.

What if a deranged wizard makes conception between women possible?

They'd probably get confused because this would be coming completely out of left field and because I'm not a magical-realming yurifag of a DM.

Then the church starts to get involved and the words Heresy and Infidel start getting tossed about.

Preposterous. Sena needs to marry Kobato.

What if the church greenlights conception between women as even more holy than regular conception because a secret order of eugenics-obsessed martial arts nuns has been the power behind the church for generations and this makes their job easier (and sexier)?

>If you were actually here for Nazimod
Well, I mostly wasn't. Just first couple days, then I got a month for something and when I got back he was already gone.

>Moderation has slipped a TON since moot left.
No shit. Among the other things that did...

The wizard thinks it's doki doki adorable and be still her beating heart
The rogue is disappointed because now he can't "marry" the princess
The bard is confused, but writes a song about it anyway
The barbarian DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE POINT OF MARRIAGE WITHOUT AN HEIR
The warlock is interested to see what shitstorms this will cause
The fighter as in all things, gives zero fucks

This is completely unrealistic. No member of the nobility would let the law stop them from marrying their same-sex lover. Laws are for the commoners, not for the nobles.

Then you've fallen into the DMs magical realm and should probably leave.

What if I'm playing in the 70s and my DM is actually Frank Herbert?

You gotta tell him to disown Brian. Urgently.

You should still probably leave cause he was weird as fuck but that's a separate issue.

you're on the wrong website buddy

It's okay (in fact, preferable) for the DM to be weird as long as they're still sociable and the game is still fun IMO.

I mean independently of OPs question does anyone seriously play in a group where the DM is the most normal one? I don't think a group like that exists.

Wait, there was lesbian concetion in Dune?

No other question need to be asked.

le edgy practical universe xD

>Not liking tsunderes

No, but that would have made the Bene Gesserit's job a lot easier.

Parliaments tend to get uppity about that kind of thing user.

Tleilaxans were up to all sorts of weird stuff, up to and including clones and shapeshifters. So it's plausible possibility.

Didn't know the man but I just heard he was weird as fuck so take that as you will.
My DM is not the most normal one, though I'm not sure who would actually qualify for that.

>Government

Kill the entire government and welcome the workers to forge planet 32416

My character is an ex guard who served the king for years. In honor of his legacy I have her tried for treason and executed.

Laugh as now my family is in a position to rally support from the fanatics at the church, the peasants adore us because we "fixed" the problems we made on purpose, already having the backing of a majority of the military because I went out of my way to get better arms, training and support to them when the rest of the nobles were busy rubbing their twigs all over little boys and our family having always been the second in line for the throne due to tragedies befalling the others that made them less than desirable. My plan to siezed power simply moved to now instead of ten years from now, so thanks princess.

Kek

>What if
user please. You know damn well they already have

>the king rises as a lich
>this was all just a trick to draw out the conspirators
>his daughter is, at most, 60:40 bi

Plot twist: the Lich was going to legalize gay marriage all along

>Stay with the princess and help maintain the power?
Bad idea, the princess is clearly a fucking irresponsible idiot and quite likely mad. Unless you can actually make sure that you can control her, sticking with her is the worst plan.

>Romans had adopted heirs all the time and succession crises were usually from not appeasing the soldiers enough over anything else.
True, it's also the reason why I said "it does depend on the descendancy model". Not over-emphatizing linear (usually patrilinear) blood-lines and efficient adoption strategies seem to be pretty efficient to prevent descendancy feuds (Japan used similar model too, and for the most part it worked really well, occasional Taira vs. Minamoto disagreements not withstanding).

In European history in particular though, pretty much every single case of not having direct male heir resulted in some kind of crisis, some of the are frankly difficult to even believe. Remember Charles VI.

Hey, if skellingtons want to rub their bones together, that's alright by him.

>Unless you can actually make sure that you can control her, sticking with her is the worst plan.
Claiming regency while princess munches enough carpet to start coughing up hairballs sounds like a plan.

>The bard very much approves
>The fighter just wants to get paid to support his kid
>My rogue uses his recently-claimed noble title to offer his seed to his queens to produce an heir... for the good of the realms, of course.

>Claiming regency while princess munches enough carpet to start coughing up hairballs sounds like a plan.
Yes, except princess actually strong enough to muscle through such an absurd law might not give her rule away to a regent as easily as you'd assume.
If she really only cares about validation of her sex-life and does not give a fuck about anything else, then yeah. That does sound like the best plan. Establish a regent, calm down the populace, let the princess have her fun and start looking for an acceptable and equally as manipulatable successor after she inevitably ends up without an heir. Seems like the most efficient, least volatile and personally potentially most beneficial solution.

If the princess is headstrong however, then you might have a fucking civil war on your hands. Risky business.

If my character was a servant of the crown, that would still be my course of action though, no doubt about it.

HAHAHAHA
REFRANCE!!!

So, you instantly reject the possibility that an individual could choose to do something unconventional, thus causing a political shift in peoples' perceptions of what should be considered normal?

>Attempting to twist, turn and shift the premise this hard
Stop being a faggot trying to suddenly change the rules to protect your magical realm. She changed the laws and publicly married, doesn't matter if it was a stunt what matters is what the plebians, the dips at the church and the call of a respected family do after. Even worse would be backing down because it can be spun that the new Queen is willing to put the people at risk with such stunts for personal gain for one reason or another. She acted impulsively and lost.

It doesn't really matter, we're already working to get the current royal family removed (and executed) and putting our employer's puppet on the throne.

>What is feudal elective
>What is tanistry
It's like you've never played CKII user.

D-does this mean our larger-than-life human Fighter can finally come out of the closet and admit his burning love to our elf trap Ranger?

But user, it's not gay if it's a feminine penis.

>What is feudal elective
The heart of half of all civil wars massive govermental crisis of the last half a millenia? I haven't played that much CK2, but I did pay attention in history classes.

>How does your party react?
Blow up the moon, and crash the fragments into the Earth

Hell, I accidentally got permanently lesbian bloodline succession that kept somehow spitting out heirs thanks to how buggy the game can be.
They kept going for the lower nobles/peasant types too

was he paying me? if no, dont care- if yes, demand she finish the paying he promised
is she paying me? if no, dont care- if yes, dont care