/swg/ Sexy Winged Guntablets

Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

What is your favorite shitboat anons? Hard mode, no Pinooks

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/role-of-zen-in-samurai-culture-449944
youtube.com/watch?v=LyeVl9RfaJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting today's updates from last thread:

>Armada
Wave VII hit the printer.

Four weeks printing, six weeks on the boat, two weeks shipping would put the release date in mid-March.

>Legion
Launch wave - consisting of the Core Set, extra dice/rulers, Storm/Rebel Troopers, AT-RT/Speeder bikes, and AT-ST/T-47 Airspeeder - hit the boat. (Veers and Snowtroopers haven't been added to the upcoming page yet, they may or may not be part of the launch wave.)

Six weeks on the boat, two weeks shipping would put the release date in mid-February.

>RPGs
Fully Operational, Ciphers and Masks, Dawn of Rebellion, and Unlimited Power hit the boat. See above.

Woe be the wallet of anyone who plans on buying all of the above in the 1-2 month span in which it'll release.

>New Republic scientists developed in secret a way to build shield-ignoring faster-than-light kinetic torpedoes
>They only need a small fleet of hyperspace capable starfighters to deploy this new weapon and single-shot entire SSDs.
>The New Republic was waiting the attack of the First Order so their enemies came out of their hiding in the Unknown Regions and wreck their armada in a single strike without looking like the agressors, and impose a balance of terror on the imperial remnants.
>The entire cache of missiles was on the planet that got blown up on Episode VII, so now the New Republic is defenceless.
>Admiral Tumblr knew about this, and applied her knowledge of the secret project to turn her star cruiser into a huge kinetic weapon and kill the enemy fleet.
>She was the last person alive who knew of this project, which explains why this tactic will never be used again.

That's so retarded that I believe The Mouse will actually use that explanation.

The next movie is by JJ Abrams, so there won't be any explanation at all.

I have some ideas on how to improve the concept of the Jedi after the prequels ruined them. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is greatly appreciated.

For one thing no uniforms. Why was Obi wearing robes? Because he lived on Tatooine where it is hot, dry, dusty and windy. They should dress in a manner suitable to their environment, preferably what everyone else is wearing so they don't stand out.

They don't own a fuck huge city sized mega-block on the planet with the highest land prices in the galaxy. They have a base of operations there because all the news goes through that planet eventually. The base is about 30 miles from the Senate in sub-basement of the Grand Library. They don't actually own the sub-basement or the library, they were just allowed to live there by a Head Librarian centuries past and never moved out.

They don't all carry light-sabers. Only the Knights do. The Scribes can cripple mega-corps with well placed letters to well placed people and quote legal precedent for days. In matters of civil conduct they will fucking destroy you and make you wish the Knights had done it clean and quick with a light saber.

They aren't centralized and don't have a hierarchy beyond the local temple. They all listen to the ones on Corisant but they aren't obligated to listen and have in the past quite often told them to go fuck themselves, politely. It's typically one Master to a temple.

Due to the decentralized nature of the Jedi doctrine varies quite wildly. Sith is a dirty word for an order another order thinks has gone too far. Typically only emo teens with questionable taste in music and fashion call themselves Sith. Exception being the extremely rare actual Sith who are pretty dangerous but self destructive creatures. One notable exception in recent history who was EXTREMELY dangerous and built an empire.

WE MYSTERYBOX NOW BOYS

Yoda wore similar robes to Obi-Wan, and he was on a swamp planet.

The lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi. This is made clear by Palpatine in RotJ.

Also, you're kind of missing the point of the prequels - it's a deliberate showing at how the Jedi failed everyone over and over again until they ultimately lost.

Also, the word Sith goes all the way back to The Star Wars early scripts, and is even spoken aloud in a deleted scene for ANH.

Part II

Yoda would be either a scribe or a master and not knight. Maybe the first and only master to reach master without a lightsaber. Yoda would HAVE to never wield a sabre. He is not about that life

The Force has no biological component. Midiclorians are an indication but not a totally reliable one. They are a force sensitive bacteria found in force users. They glow slightly in the presence of force manipulation and disturbance. Many Jedi don't have them and many non-Jedi do. What causes the force? Fuck knows. Jedi scribes and masters have expended great amount of breath and ink that amounts to "fucked if I know". It's keyed to organic life except when it's not and you find a robot with the force and it's linked to sentience/sapience except when you find a lower animal that can use it.

It's possible to grow midiclorians in a jar and use them as Jedi detectors. They work some of the time but make better lightbulbs for temples too poor to afford electricity.

Jedi aren't usually required to be celibate except with the really strict temples but due to the nature of their work they are not considered good candidates for marriage. In a similar manner a Jedi's offspring is no more or less likely to have the Force, so you can't breed them. Similarly clones aren't any more likely to have the Force.

Jedi tend to be poor as most doctrines encourage a lack of materialism.

They make great court lawyers, advisers and royal bodyguards and the money they do make is typically pooled for upkeep of the temple and charitable causes. It is considered a great honour to be a Jedi but also a noble burden, hence why a lot of Force users leave or never join.

Most temples differ slightly in what they consider to be light side and dark side. But all typically hold they they must be a balance. Too much light side influence creates stagnation and corruption, too much dark side and people feel drawn to war.

>They don't own a fuck huge city sized mega-block on the planet with the highest land prices in the galaxy.

I always assumed the Jedi had owned that temple forever and Coruscant just never saw fit to pass a land value tax.

>The Scribes can cripple mega-corps with well placed letters to well placed people and quote legal precedent for days. In matters of civil conduct they will fucking destroy you and make you wish the Knights had done it clean and quick with a light saber.

This directly contradicts the Jedi not having some sort of land grant intended to either curry their favor or ensure their impartiality, no?

>Yoda would be either a scribe or a master and not knight. Maybe the first and only master to reach master without a lightsaber. Yoda would HAVE to never wield a sabre. He is not about that life

To be honest, I feel like Yoda being a typical CGI spinning lightsaber duelist in the prequels adds to his methodical, mystical nature in the OT, not subtracts from it. He internalized the lessons of the Emperor's rise and thereby reached his enlightened status in his exile.

Overall, I feel like you've drifted too far from the original concept of the Jedi as not-Samurai following a not-Bushido (and definitely not-Buddhist/Taoist) code. thoughtco.com/role-of-zen-in-samurai-culture-449944 is where I would start, if I were you.

I'll admit to being biased, though, since I like the same sort of Jidaigeki that George was a fan of when he made the series.

I wonder what the Mystery Box is going to be.

Oh god. It has already started!

>Apparently, though, Star Was: The Last Jedi almost saved a spot for him until director Rian Johnson decided that it would be a disservice to both Lando’s character and the story arc he was crafting for John Boyega’s Finn. Speaking with The Playlist, Johnson said that there was some discussion of having Lando fill the role that Benicio Del Toro’s DJ did in the movie, replacing him as the shady hacker who helped Finn and newcomer Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) sneak onto Snoke’s ship to disable the hyperspace tracker. The problem was that the plan had to fail, and Johnson wanted it to be because of Finn and Rose’s decision to trust the morally ambiguous hacker. Lando couldn’t have filled that requirement, because everybody loves Lando, and he didn’t want an appearance like that to be “contrived.” (Not to mention the fact that he already betrayed the heroes in one of these movies.)

He shoudlve been the hacker they went to meet, not the one they ended up with.

I see your opinion, and I give my own:

The Jedi Knights are not what one thinks of when they say 'order'. They have few great temples to their honour, and those they do were built for purposes far more practical. The average Jedi bears much resemblance to the wandering heroes of much primitive folklore, those who go about righting wrongs and ending disputes as well as they can manage.

The Lightsaber is a symbol of office for most Jedi, a deadly though obsolete weapon by the time of the Empire, some focus on it's mastery but most view it as one of many tools at their disposal. The Jedi view of the Force is one of the simplest; there is only the Force and the Dark Side, which is grown when a being uses the Force towards selfish ends at the expense of others.

Most Jedi operate alone though a considerable amount take apprentices, dubbed Padawan by the more dogmatic members, to train under their tutelege so that they may become Jedi in their own right. Many Jedi notice that their offspring inherit their training in the force from childbirth, so some Jedi have taken to becoming landed nobility on certain worlds in order to create lasting Jedi dynasties, with the oldest dating back to almost 2000 years prior to the Battle of Yavin.

Contrary to popular belief, anyone, given the motivation and correct training, can open themselves to the Force and learn to use it's power, but most Jedi find it easier to train those who have a natural affinity for it due to the time taken for training to take effect.

>comprehends that memorable characters deserve a shred of dignity
>spaces Ackbar

The real mystery is why a mediocre director keeps on beating out better directors for creative control of popular franchises.

Does anyone have experience with managing capital ships in FFG? Our bounty hunter group is going to be in a position to get a new ship soon and we're debating on sticking with another light freighter or blowing our wad on a corvette. We have several personal vehicles so we need space, we just can't agree on if hiring 100+ crewmen is worth it.

Why the fuck would BHs need a capital size ship and a crew?

I've got a player in my group asking about deployable cover for the Edge of the Empire game we're in. I don't own the books myself and still need to download the ones linked here, but can anyone tell me if there's something like that in the books? Sorry for the inconvenience.

1) He does what Disney wants.
2) He is a safe and uncontroversial choice.

Could someone explain this meme? Is this from Lost or something?

Was it ever established that medichlorians even caused force sensitivity? I always thought they just congregated in force users, and the stronger someone's connection the more of them would hang around

Because Star Wars will sell due to sheer cultural inertia, it's not like Trek where it's just too nerdy for most normies so they'll actually consider working with good directors because they need it for the marketing.

For all the idiots bashing on Admiral Holdo.

Yeah, because JJ did Lost he is forever associated with "mystery box" type stuff. Though I don't think his Star Trek stuff was too bad, he did leave some (ultimately meaningless) hooks in TFA which you probably thought were important, but, y'know, aren't.

That is true. I just don't get why he gets Ep9 after Ep7.

>Poe acted recklessly, got people killed...
...and saved the Resistance from dying at D'Qar at the gun of the dreadnought.

That's only an argument that a pissy civilian would have. He is still a Captain counting the demotion, and as such would need to be aware of the overall plan. Especially since the vast majority of the command structure was gone at that point.

>Many Jedi notice that their offspring inherit their training in the force from childbirth, so some Jedi have taken to becoming landed nobility on certain worlds in order to create lasting Jedi dynasties, with the oldest dating back to almost 2000 years prior to the Battle of Yavin.
do not want

Everything else is pretty much what the PT era gave us.

It would've gone better if the just mounted the bombs onto faster ships so that they didn't have to waste all that crew and resources. Those ships are honestly the most retarded design I've ever seen in Star Wars, because they're fucking useless even in universe. The Resistance would've been better with Y-Wings and that's basically akin using a P-38 during 'Nam.

>not wanting full on Jedi Samurai leading armies and shit
You have no taste, good sir.

More firepower, more storage, better living conditions, it expands the jobs we can take on.

why not a bulk freighter done up to the tits with mods

also surely you could a corvette that doesn't need 100+ I would think 30 would do

Ackbar's actor was dead. They couldn't give him extensive scene.

Yeah, I get the feeling the B/SF-17 or MG-100 or whatever was very clearly designed with like, a full NR fleet of support behind it, not just one flag cruiser and like, a flight of X and As each.

That, or everybody else in Red and Blue needed to get their act together and start scratching TIE/FOs like Poe scratched those AA cannons.

If they can resurrect Peter Cushing....

They didn't have ships that could mount those bombs. They had A-wings, X-Wings, Shuttles, and StarFortresses.

Boba Fett was the best bh in the galaxy and he didn't need that shit

I really don't see the execution of Tarkin in R1 as proof that they should do it *more*...

They're a bunch of Rebels with no official support, surely they'd rig up their fighters with any ordinance they could get their hands on in order to have a better chance against larger ships.

Is Poe entitled to know the plan? From the viewpoint of military logic, no, he is not entitled to. He is expected to put his faith in his commander and serve faithfully, no matter how stupid the antics they get up to (short of treason).

Should Holdo have given him a proper answer when he asked if there was a plan? Yes. As a commander it is her duty to provide leadership, which includes maintaining the morale of her troops in a crisis. This doesn't mean she has to necessarily tell him she plans to do so and so, it means she has to tell him there is a plan (even if there really wasn't one).

There was a clear risk of her losing control over her own troops, which is exactly what immediately followed when Poe goes ahead with his own plan without informing her. Again, this is not the correct thing for Poe to do, but it was a readily predictable risk for Holdo. She is in command and is ultimately responsible for the fate of the fleet, which comes about due to her inability to maintain control over her subordinates.

Fett acted alone, he didn't have a crew of 6. He also had Vader's favor from Anakin seeing how effective he was as a child, and inherited what was for quite a while a unique and powerful ship as well as Mando armor. Fett had a huge head start.

This film takes place almost immediately after VII, where the situation goes from "We think the First Order is up to something" to "Oh shit the First Order is up to something and we just lost all our support". There was no time to make weird, questionably-effective, bomb mounts for As and Xs and they had half a dozen ships designed to carry, protect, and drop bombs.
Even if they did theoretically have the time to make X and A bomber mods, they clearly did not do that, so Poe was working with what he had.

>that's basically akin using a P-38 during 'Nam.
the Y-wing could easily be an analogue to the F-4 phantom

also, even a whole fleet of Y-wings cant kill an ISD, let alone a SSD

No, but three Y-Wings with ion torpedoes can disable one.

Did you watch it in theater? It wasn't noticeable for those of us who watched it outside of theaters at home.

It was pretty noticeable in theaters, yeah.

Particularly one that was damaged previously and had its shields down.

There was a bit of unnaturalness to Tarkin’s CGI, but I could get past it pretty damn well. Young Leia? Holy fuck that was incredibly done, and had Carrie thinking she forgot about filming that scene

>That moment when you realise that the whole film was just to fuck with audience expectations
>Rey is the straight man, expecting to train in the ways of the Jedi. Luke trollfaces her while drinking green milk.
>Poe expects to fly around in his X-Wing blowing things up, gets that taken from him. Expects to take over command from Leia, gets sidelined. Expects to save the day from Tumblr admiral, turns out he was never necessary.
>Finn expects to support Rey and then Poe in their super-serious plans, ends up being sent on some ridiculous side-quest with a literal who. Yells "stop enjoying this!" as Rose makes kids happy by freeing horse-people
>The rest of the galaxy-Greasy Lando, Maas, the Resistance "allies" who never arrive-just doesn't give a shit, are tired of humouring space wizards
>Old grizzled Imperial commanders are sick of this shit, die pointlessly because Kylo's in charge due to being a space wizard
>Audience expects Snoke to die in third act; gets killed off early, Rey and Kylo team up nearly healing the divide between Light and Dark and ending the need for Star Wars
>Entire series is deconstructed and examined, Yoda literally burns the EU ("Read them, have you? Pageturners they were not".)
>Whole thing is rebuilt in the final battle scene; visually stunning, Empire vs Rebels, Falcon vs TIEs with classic music, climactic space wizard duel of power and rage versus spiritualism and serenity
>On a PLANET OF SALT, guy who points this out is credited as "Lieutenant 'Salty'"
>Finn has a moment of supreme self-sacrifice after spending two movies as the goofy guy who runs away, Poe learns to look after his people and preserve life instead of leading them on risky suicide missions, Rey becomes the Jedi the Resistance needed
>Hamill's trollface hasn't dropped through the whole fucking movie, he's become as much of a dick as Alec Guinness and Yoda before him

Rian Johnson's a fucking master director as far as I'm concerned.

>Finn has a moment of supreme self-sacrifice
He would if it wasn't ruined by Danny Devito ramming him out the air.

>Rian Johnson's a fucking master director as far as I'm concerned.

Eh. I mean from that description it sounds more it boils down to pic related and HWAT A TWEEEST.

I keep seeing this get posted but have no idea what ships they are.

Are they scratchbuilds?

They're Z-95s as originally described in the books, I think.

bingo

Will this corvette reliably increase your income by at least 150,000 credits a month? If not, it's not worth it

This was retarded the first time you posted it

If we're talking about JJ, it's because all he does is make fan movies. That's it. Gotta have those XWINGS AND TIE FIGHTERS.

I'm going to argue that TLJ is useful for providing a clean break with everything that came before it. They can honestly go anywhere they want now. No more baggage of OT expectations, or of the power structures and tendencies of EU and the PT.

They're finally free to do what they want in the setting.

So the reprinted books are off the boat and shipping now, but more importantly new books got put on the boat today.

M Knight's got more good movies than bad movies. And also more movies without a meme twist than with one.

That scene was great.

It was the first time somebody went with "an object going at FTL speed is great weapon in itself"

Though ships are expensive so despite great effect, kamikaze your capital ship should not be a tactics of choice as all ships that suffered, suffered partial damage and will be hauled to and repaired at dock, while cruiser is lost

>M Knight's got more good movies than bad movies

Ehhhhhh, debateable.

Yeah, you're right. It's no longer Star Wars.

I haven't seen anything on his IMDB page before The Sixth Sense; nor The Visit. Otherwise-

Good:
>The Sixth Sense
>Unbreakable
>The Village
>Split

Bad:
>Signs
>Lady in the Water
>The Happening
>The Last Airbender
>After Earth

So you're right, but it's close. If we go off Metacritic user scores rather than my opinions, he's positive.

It just happens that two things are working against him. Firstly, his bad movies tend to be HORRIBLE. After Earth is one of the worst movies ever made, and Lady in the Water is so damn baffling its painful.

Secondly, his movies tend to be marketed really poorly, which gives people the wrong idea of what they are, so people walk away disliking them. The Village is a good example - most of the people who hate it do so because all the promotional material played it up as a period horror movie, when in reality it's a weird slice of life character drama. So they walked in expecting a horror movie, and were rightly disappointed when they didn't get one.

So I'm GM'ing my first game on the 26th. My players are Imperial Agents assigned to a task force on the planet Sesid before the occurence of Operation Yellow Moon.

Essentially the planet's locals, the Draeden, are attacking the vacationing Imperial civilians on the planet and also interfering with pharmaceutical research the Imperials are conducting here as well. So their main mission is to identify the draedan threat and eliminate it, whilst maintaining a low profile in the presence of civilians.

For the first game I was thinking of having them get a tour of the garrison and the nearby resort village, and in the middle of introductions have the Draeden assault the beachfront in one of their aquatic transports and start abducting civilians and specifically a Gran Chancellor in order to immediately kick off the action. Thoughts?

I'm also looking for suggestions on small side missions they might be able to do on a tropical planet like Sesid.

So how long until the generals here and on /co/ brainwash themselves into believing TLJ and TFA are great movies?

I already like TLJ but still dislike TFA so you tell me

The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

stop reposting it I'm literally still here myself personally

seen it 2 hours before and liked it.
Troll Luke saying that Kreia was right, Kylo making the same reasoning as Luke (but being retard about solution) was nice.

Also playing with viewer expectations was done right in scenes that were planted from older movies but with a twist.

On the other hand it was to lengthy and many parts could be shortened without loss.

Y-wings are supposed to be heavy fighters arlnd IIRC were the fastest fighters the rebellion had. At least in the OT they were.

No, this pasta is too good to pass up

The problem is that previous major powers have had hundreds if not thousands of ships that could have been used like that, and leads to questions like 'Why didn't the CIS just build a fleet of hyperspace rams and planet crack all the strategically important Republic worlds with it?' or why didn't the Empire just fly one of their ISDs into Alderaan and all it an accident?

>y-wings
>fastest

You do not remember rightly.
Equal to X but slower by a fair bit than A

>plot and pacing problems
I think you mean tonal inconsistency, unlikable characters, and a dysfunctional message undermined by the fact that the lesson isn't shown, only told.

Also, he's right to mock you. You're clearly a dummy. It's painfully obvious that JJ and Rian were on completely different but equally bad pages when making TFA and TLJ. Anyone hoping something interesting would actually be done with Snoke or Phasma (or literally any character at all) got a big steamy pile of shit instead. The worst this is they're still trying to emulate the OT because they're terrified if they do anything too different people will hate it like they do the PT while ignoring that 90% of people who hate the PT are mindless parrots who secretly appreciate the smaller elements of them but are scared to admit it because of shit like spinning, which coincidentally is the only PT thing they've carried over.

Did you guys know that in order to fire shields have to be lowered in Star Wars?

Except that has never been true, we see the death star 2 fire before it's shields are knocked out.

No, shields open fire with their sheilds still up all the time, its implied that starship sheilds are semi permeable

>Also, he's right to mock you. You're clearly a dummy.
Yeah, how dare I give the movie a B grade while voicing basically the same complaints as everybody else?

>It's painfully obvious that JJ and Rian were on completely different but equally bad pages when making TFA and TLJ. Anyone hoping something interesting would actually be done with Snoke or Phasma (or literally any character at all) got a big steamy pile of shit instead.

That has no bearing on whether or not TLJ was a good movie. It didn't do my laundry or tell me about the Avatar sequels either.

>The worst this is they're still trying to emulate the OT because they're terrified if they do anything too different people will hate it like they do the PT while ignoring that 90% of people who hate the PT are mindless parrots who secretly appreciate the smaller elements of them but are scared to admit it because of shit like spinning, which coincidentally is the only PT thing they've carried over.

TLJ did not emptily emulate the OT. It had visual callbacks and some thematic parallels, virtually all of which ended up in the trailer. Hell, some people have complained that it tried TOO hard to be subversive, which is more fair that the argument that it was just a clone.

It feels like you missed the part that I didn't like TFA.

Are you sure about That? youtube.com/watch?v=LyeVl9RfaJQ
lower shields and FIRE

>not doing anything interesting with named characters who are all set up to do interesting things has no bearing on the movie
Like I said, you're a dummy.

yeah but those were for missiles. Specialized ones at that.

A movie can't be bad just for not doing things you wanted it to do. That's retarded.

It's either good or bad for the things it *does* do.

Get a YZ-775, best ship past, now, and forever. Rated to push 400 metric tons of cargo at 950 km/h in atmo. More gun than you know what to do with, and a modular construction courtesy of CEC.

Cost efficiency.
That strike lost Rebellion a cruiser and put some Order ships into dry dock for some time. Not a good exchange. Also they lost an experienced admiral, while she may be criticized, leading fleet needs skills that are hard to come.

Why not build hyperspace torpedoes is good question as craft as small as x-wing have their own drive.

Maybe too small ship even at hyperdrive speed carry force that would be safely absorbed by capital ship shielding?
And when you build ship big enough to use as ram, it turns out that it is more cost efficient to arm it with turbolasers and use like regular ship of the line.

One-use weapons are bad idea in any prolonged conflict and something like hyperdrives sounds like expensive shit, so conventional weaponry turns out to be better in war, while it may be worse at single encounter.

A movie can be bad for ignoring storytelling principles like Chekhov's gun. If Phasma is never going to do anything then don't include her. At least Snoke ended up being used for something, even if he did have the most anti-climactic ending possible.

Hux got nice characterization, as did kylo, rey, finn and poe. The emp- supreme leader got got to further the plot and keep focus on the actual main characters. And the silver is confirmed invincible and will show up in next one.

The movie *didn't* include Phasma aside from a single short sequence.

i think hyperdrive torpedoes would be too easy to block with anti-hyperdrive counter measures, without a human to guide them

>waiting until the second movie to give the protagonist any characterization is acceptable
Better late than never, I guess?

>they didn't do a thing if you ignore the part where they did

You complained about Phasma being a chekhov's gun. She's barely in the movie.

Question for those who've seen TLJ:
Was that first X-wing pilot we saw killed the same 'Matt Parkman' dude from TFA? I only saw his face for like a half-second before his cockpit was filled with fire, so I can't be sure.
In fact, that's another of my gripes. We're supposed to feel bad about Resistance guys dying, right? Well... why should we, when we only see them for the first time two seconds before they blow up?

Can someone design some wood-based Ewok star cruisers?

I complained about Phasma's existence in the trilogy being the writers ignoring chekhov's gun. If you're not going to read the posts then please don't reply to them.

It is apparently Jamie Christopher

I think she'll pop up in the next one as the final fight between Finn and her where one and or both die.

Unfortunately no. He is just another fat pilot.

>Yoda literally burns the EU

I never really looked at it that way. That actually makes me feel better about the whole situation.