Magicgate: Front page of Breitbart

Magic The Gathering, a major subject of discussion on Veeky Forums is on the cover of breitbart tech with huge numbers of comments.

This thread is discussion for this media coverage of magic the gathering and reactions. Do not discuss politics, keep the focus on magic the gathering.

CEO of Wizards of the Coast made a blog post response about new community standards posters that must be hung at stores/tournaments to keep the spaces safe.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/commitment-each-other-building-community-together-2017-12-19

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/tech/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

News link
breitbart.com/tech/

Previous thread
do you think this will effect MTG going forward to have this level of attention?

Mono-white commander pictured, unrelated

>Do not discuss politics, keep the focus on magic the gathering.

yeah but you started with a screenshot of breitbart, so...

>OK, fair enough, that’s how capitalism works, more or less. Except you’re a monopoly provider, so you’re abusing your monopolistic power

There are no other card games in existence, it seems, in the brightbear world.

Man, if the remnants of ISIL wrote an article on Magic card quality it would be interesting. If the KKK published an article on mana curve I would read it. If fucking Boko Haram released a video about Eldrazi Tron I'd give it a go. (Fuck Boko Haram). Hopefully we can come together to discuss the game's troubles rather than tripping over our dicks too much.

Who's the titcow cosplaying as Liliana?

If you ever need to know what the wrong side of an issue, check out what your good friends are breitbard dot com have to say and kill yourself.

>breitbart
Your other thread got removed by mods.
Go away.

Fuck I want a titcow like that as a gf to cosplay Liliana, that Jace must get Liliana's Caress EVERY night

>reading clickbait.
Why are you expecting people to read and discuss a slightly more insidious huffington post article

But that's not what this is about

It's just three fuckwads from /pol/ trying to use Veeky Forums as a pawn in their retarded culture war

>CEO of Wizards of the Coast made a blog post response about new community standards posters that must be hung at stores/tournaments to keep the spaces safe.
Yeah but his name is literally cocks. Also
>it's a telling point that most people start playing Magic with a friend.
It sure is and it is because no one would voluntarily start off by doing something as autistic as going to a fucking games store to play some random game that no one of his friends play

>Breitbart

Why is there such a big outlash against posters that say "please be polite and have a shower before you come to the store"?

>Breitbart tries yet again to use men as pawns in their war against the left

Why do men keep getting duped by these guys? You guys lost net neutrality because you followed Breitbart blindly.

Some people think they will selectively chose who must follow the guidelines. Hopefully wotc can see how bad this would be.

I really, really don't like the idea of Wizards trying to set themselves up as some sort of morality police. They want people to not be dicks? That's cool. Them requesting that consumers call them in order to complain about troubling behavior in stores? That's some bullshit.

>If fucking Boko Haram released a video about Eldrazi Tron I'd give it a go
They would be Tron players.

Fuck off nazi scum

Go away falsefag

Spergs hate being told what to do, especially when they know they're wrong.

>It's just three fuckwads from /pol/ trying to use Veeky Forums as a pawn in their retarded culture war

This. If it could be any more obvious, it would require you fuckheads to put on trips, and you can't do that cuz you know you'd get banned in a heartbeat.

Reminder to report and hide these threads

The level headed and firm response to /Pol/ bait on Veeky Forums is truly a sign that this is the best board.

is it just me or is /pol/ getting stupider and stupider with its bait threads?

Like seriously? Fucking Breitbart?

fuck off
you have a retarded logic, if any of those people wrote mtg articles I would be extremely suspicious of what their actual intentions are, same here with breitbart.

It's a sad day when a chick with c-cups at best is considered a "tit cow".

Color me completely unsurprised that the thing spammed here by /pol/tards for weeks turned up on Breitbart.

Same thing happened with comics. I assume actual gamergate money is drying up so they have to look at more niche outrage farms.

Why is everyone so pissed at this article and not wizards of the coast? It’s not that rustling. A lot of truth in there.

>the absolute state of this fucking post

ITT
>Actual communists and nazis high fiving and hanging out discussing magic, cracking jokes.
>WotC design staff screeching at you not to read criticism.

When are you going to stop spamming this article? Is Breitbart paying you, or are you gullible enough to do it for free?

does white mana and this plains represent right wing nationalism? What about Elesh Norn?

I'm so sick of /pol/ spamming this board constantly that I refuse to care on principle. WotC could have done some seriously shady shit, and I refuse to read about it or get upset over it because of how many times they've cried wolf in the past

>A lot of truth in there.

The plains represent the 'plain' 'nature' of white culture, i.e. that other cultures are typically defined by their differences to and rejection of white culture and white culture is employed largely in a negative sense except as it relates to the 1993-2004 sitcom "Frasier"

Elesh Norn represents the lack of 'skin in the game' rich white conservatives - the elite - have on the issues that they actually seek to get ordinary white people up in arms about e.g. why race is seen as a much bigger issue than class by many poor American whites.

Yes, because Breitbart is such a fucking unbiased news source.

Fuck off shill, I'm not giving you any ad money.

They were trying to avoid bad press and head off a story about them getting picked up in the drive by news cycle. Like most idiots however they actually responded instead of ignoring it like your supposed to. So here we are with a flood of redditors doing damage control for them.

this art is too sexually oppressive for nu-mtg. MTG is dead.

Because it's 25 years too late.

Ironic, don't you think? The group that thinks the world is ruining their own is ruining other worlds.

Because "muh /pol/ boogeyman".
Veeky Forums is contrarian central, if shillary had won we'd all be alt-righters. But because drumps won we're all redditors now.
Next time a dem's in office we'll go back to being the asshole of the internet.

nu-mtg art direction

- make it non-white
- make it ugly
- cover it in ugly clothes

(you)

Even the worst people on earth could write a perfectly fine article about the game, if they were actually passionable about the game instead of using it as a tool to get publicity in the said game community for some outrageous bullshit.

Make me, you fucking failure of a human being.

You know there were plenty of ugly cards before this right? Male and female. And plenty of nonwhite creature images. I'm sure you knew that too.

This thread and threads like it are going to be a thing for a while, aren't they.

Besides that, it's better to have WotC as a company as a morality police so the single players coming to FNM don't have to be. I personally know people who smell like shit. Like sweat, cigarette etc. and it's fucking disgusting to play in a room where one person can stink the whole place.

And those are the same kind of people getting offended when people tell them to get a shower or washing clothes.

(you)

This is actually the shittest thing ive ever read. Literally the opening line is incorrect. People cant actually believe this can they.

(schizo)
Hi /pol/

>play eternal formats
>use the sexiest printing of your favorite cards
Poorfags BTFO.

read the comments

Breitbart is taking over your LGS soon

cause it doesn't and it exists only to drag people into their dumb culture war.

t. /pol/tard who has never been on Veeky Forums before in his life.

'le literally roddit xD' argument falls through pretty quickly when you realise most of Trump's online support was from there.

>any CCG
>innocent
Magic is guilty at its very inception. The very game model is designed to exploit players.

>/pol/tards unanimously told to fuck off
Well done Veeky Forums.

They need to do a block set in a chaotic and degrading world with a powerful group taking authoritarian control and saving it. Would really help add some diversity of storyline to MTG.

>”... but one that for a change doesn’t involve any actual rape or sexual harassment… only game players who like pretending to be witches and wizards.”

Or

>Like Gamergate, it concerns ordinary people who just want to be left alone to enjoy their hobby.

I enjoyed the article, but I have to say the former is very patronizing.

/pol/ started another thread

Tell them to fuck off there too

The headline is really the best part though. The author messed up not having Magic The Gathering in the headline though for SEO purposes.

wow, OP, I actually read this article and want to thank you for wasting my time you waste of life.
The article is written like shit, author doesn't make even an attempt to not appear unbiased and he doesn't even talk about mtg, just his politics, same with all the comments below, complaining about feminists and politics I have never heard of and that have nothing to do with mtg.
The article pretends its about mtg player not wanting to do anything with politics, then proceeds to make everything about politics.

>unanimously
Dude, fuck off. That's some forged narrative bullshit. I don't come here to talk politics but I don't come here to be told I'm wrong and need to fuck off, either. That's not fair or reasonable or kind-hearted. Stop trying to tell other people what they think please.

>fair
>reasonable
>kind-hearted
>Veeky Forums
Go back to your safe space, reddit babby

>forged narrative

Gosh golly gee those are some big words you sure have me impressed

>Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums
Fuck off if you cannot behave like an elegan/tg/entleman.

If you know or give a shit who supported whom, you're part of the problem.

Why do /pol/tards always sperg in the third person whenever someone makes fun of their shitty board? You don't see other people do that.

They're trying to make it look like people from Veeky Forums agree with them

>Left looks like a beach babe shaman.
>Right looks like she's gonna hurt you, not heal you.
Meh, you can't expect good art when art directors are shit and the pay is low.

All WotC's new politics do is allow that guy to denounce you as a shitlord and get your DCI suspended for telling him to take a bath.
Some politics aren't shit because they're right or left, they're shit because they can be abused.

>1993-2004
Jesus. That's an eye-opener, thanks user

what the hell is with your writing style, is english not your first language or something?
and this article is only about politics, mtg is just a means to an end for you

Wasn't there also a post on /pol/ saying to start this narrative?

Really makes you think

He's from /pol/, where quantity is more important than quality

As you have noticed, calling other people whores and cucklords over internet gets you banned for life. Making funny statement of picture serie of people's asscracks over internet gets you a 6 month ban. Telling someone to bath when they should in FNM hasn't ever had anyone banned.

The dirty, smelly people have visual red flags that lets people avoid them. The worst players are the ones with rotten breath that smell like they've been giving cunnilingus to roadkill. They can often look superficially clean and then you sit down for a game and realize you've made a terrible mistake.

I respectfully disagree with you all. Please take it to /pol/ if you want to insult us there.

>Do not discuss politics

You people are retarded cowards. You will bitch and whine endlessly about symptoms of the disease, but never the disease itself. Marxist SJWs.

>instead of using it as a tool to get publicity in the said game community for some outrageous bullshit.

That's exactly what the OP article is. It has nothing to do with being "passionable" about the game, it's meant to be a big finger to SJW's. The author admits he knows nothing about the game in the article.

Halitosis is sometimes a bit hard to beat though. Personally I clean my mouth before going to any social meeting, but sometimes in the end of the evening the halitosis is already back.

Oh you sweet summer childe

Yes, but the original post was pointing out that IF a people with dubious backgrounds were to write a proper mtg article, it could be interesting.

Nazies would probably only write about white decks.

I made this you for you. You are a good person and may your hands always be keeps.

I literally don't care about the quality of the article, before I would even read it, I would be fucking suspicious of their politics, especially a group that suddenly pretends to care about mtg when it has never done so before