Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sisters of Battle Edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>The Duncan and Peachy show
youtube.com/watch?v=5RO2qUV_W6g&t=

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-gaunts-ghosts-the-warmaster-dan-abnett/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Dark City!

Second for demon Tau

demon tau is against the Greater Good

What do you reckon is the most popular dish in the Imperium?

T'au and Khorne Daemons alliance when? I mean it was already proven that the t'au are nearly unable to control themselves when fighting khornates and revert to old tribal traditions. So why shouldn't these forces work together for the Greater Good.

Third for remove tau

What the fuck is this memeshit replacing Duncan?
Why cant you invalids put DUCAN in the daily DUNCAN?

So after the whole Ynnead mess, the Biel Tan Eldar who didn't go with the Ynnari are all corsairs now right?

The daily ration of space rice

>Noble Daemons of Khorne
>Allying with coward gun vermin

I don't think so.

Are you a bot or a retard?

There's nothing wrong with that in the OP.

For Ork boyz: Sluggas or Shootas? I hear Ork shooting is really bad this edition.

Popular as in most sought after or most eaten?

If the latter, probably Imperium-Brand FoodMush/Rations.

If the former, probably something heretical that's only available to the most powerful inquisitors/planetary rulers and/or criminals.

Will GW ever release SoB before I die of old age?

>1488

>sperging intensifies
Every time

Surely Space Potatoes would be far more efficient

That depends, can you make it one more month without dying of old age?

user next is demons we all know that. Then more marines

If you mean 1 potato per family than yes

I just got a box of Harlequins in a store secret Santa type deal (buy a thing toss it in the pile pick a number).

Anyhow, how do I build it?

xth for the swarm

Potatoes are more efficient per litre of water, rice is more efficient per acre of land with adequete water supply iirc.

new models don't imply a new codex

Given the Imperium has entire planets dedicated to agriculture I imagine freshwater is the more valuable commodity
Then again there is plentiful access to ice from comets

Grox burger

I think land is still the most important factor. Habitable planets are rare and rice can be cultivated in hydroponics too so that would make it much more efficent.

Potatoes are the best fuel for taking on Orkz

Damn, I love potatoes.

GSC codex when?

How do space marines from different chapters greet each other? For example let's say there is a planet that has blood ravens killing Xenos and some salamanders cross their path. What would transpire? Would they just say hi and bye or what?

What should his rules be like?

> Footage of the Marines Malevolent greeting the Salamanders

If they are joining up to work together i believe the 2 commanding officers would greet each other formally and would inform each other of their forces strength and get to work if its a passing by and they see each other nothing would happen

Like yeah, I probably won't play Harlequins for a while but I -do- already have a seer, solitaire and jester I bought just for fun ages ago (I like clampacks) so I would like to build this troupe master and unit of dudes with a viable setup just in case I wanna use them later.

GW sent me 2 Astra Militarum codex books (I ordered one). Was there some sort of free codex special included for ordering a bunch of shit? I did not buy any bundles that would have included an extra and I got the data cards separately. What do?

>The original colonists were hardy miners and explorers, tough frontiers folk who dreamed of finding fabulous wealth and returning back to Earth. They dug homes for themselves In the rocky landscape, creating self-contained communities from the tunnels and load-chambers of exhausted mines. Although huge cargo ships brought food with the colonists. the only way to feed the growing population was to grow nutritive algae in artificially lit hydroponic tanks deep below ground. Dried and processed. this provided a basic material that could be ground into flour, re-textured into coarse synthetic foods, or even brewed into crude but highly potent ale.

This is old squat lore but I guess the same applies to other human colonists

Alcohol is illegal on most imperial worlds because it promotes heretical thoughts

sell the second one on ebay its a fuck up they most likely wont care about or keep it if your friends plan on getting into Guard

send me one?

Farseers get a wraith equivalent, why don't Autarchs?

But it's alright for the brass to have a bottle or three hanging around their private chambers?

Gaunt's Ghosts and Kal Jerico disagree

Yeah Amesec is common as fuck

Just the General GW incompetence

I got two valks once in 2 different parcels.

>BS 2+ WS 2+ T3 W6 A6 LD10 MV8"
>Wargear: Ghost Plate, Shadowfield, husk blade, blast pistol, (whatever that old wargear that was S10 was), Soul Trap
>Archon of the Black Heart: All keyword Black Heart reroll to hit and wound within 12" of Vect
>Slave Pits: For each 5 enemy models that are removed from play for morale, gain a victory point.
>Lord of the Dark City: Each time a wound is delt within 12" of Vect, Vect regenerates a wound that was previously lost in battle
>Soul Trap: Each time a keyword character is killed within 6" of the bearer, the bearer gains +2 S, and +2 A, capping at 10

>Vect may also purchase the Dias of Destruction

>Dias: T12, 12W, 2+/3++, BS2+, May take 3 Dark Lances or 3 Disentigrator Cannons

Sound good?

Plastic Sisters are coming very soon, I am certain of this. My proof: I've been waiting for over a decade now and just got a mortgage as an Australian meaning there's no way I can ever afford to buy anything new from GW ever again so now is the perfect time for GW to release them.

Shouldn't he be riding around in a tank or something? That's what his old model was.

>dorf fortress in 40k
I want it

I ordered 2 boxes of hive guards and got the order twice

Now I have 12 of them and I don't know what to do with the spare 6.

Things GW have sent me by mistake:

-3 Necron destroyers
-A silver tower mages box set
-Funnily enough, some legion destroyers

Things GW have sent me because they fucked up:
-A monolith
-A leviathan storm cannon
-A Deredeo leg

I forgot Combat Drugs, and S3, lol
Nope! He could buy the Dias as an option, but he could go on foot in 5th Ed.

Sieze on a 5+. Rerolls to wound on everyone mounted in a venom or raider armywide. Also, a complete and utter beatstick in combat

>2 valks

christ how does that even happen, it's a big box

give me

Make 3 more hive guard because they're strong, and 3 tyrant guard just for the asthetics.

Amesec is also disinfectant, medical solvent, general purpose cleaner, emergency fuel, and couple other things...

They do. its called Wraithlord you dingus.

It's not a HQ though.

>waiting for over a decade
Time to move on, user.

CORPSE STARCH.

I might assemble them as shock cannon guards since I was out of magnets when I did the 6 I wanted.

Also I used the tyrant guard shields on them because shields are cool and fuck everybody who says otherwise.

>the plastic virgin vs the metal chad.
somebody do the meme

Would buy and would okay every game someone wants to bring in a primarch.

Thoughts on Marbo's rules?

HQ, 4 power level. Catachan, Astra, Imperium, Sly Marbo.

Str 3, t 3, 5+ armor. 2 for ws and bs, 4 wounds, cannot take Warlord Trait or take orders.

3 shot pistol that always wounds Infantry on a 2, no ap.

4 attacks, Knife always wounds on a 2 against infantry.

You can set him up for deep strike, and when he comes in, pick 1 of 3 options:

Shoot a unit, ignoring the Character rule until the next turn, rule calls out he specifically shoots when he arrives, and can then shoot again during the actual shooting phase.

Stalk with Knife, roll a d6 and move that many inches, and gain +2 attacks until the start of the next movement phase.

Concealed explosives, pick a unit, roll a d6, add 1 if unit has more than 10 models, -1 if it is a character. On 4+ d3 mortal wounds, 7+ d6 mortal wounds.

Fighting a Shadow: 1 / battle, at the beginning of your movement phase, if no enemy within 6 inches, Marbo goes back into deep strike, and can be redeployed the next turn. Procing his "show up" ability again.

Marbo gets +2 in cover instead of +1.

>Dias: T12, 12W, 2+/3++,

I was just going to ask for them
>no AP

Yeah dudes on crack

Do any of you cunts base your tanks? I don't want me paint getting chipped on the board.

Do it yourself boi
You can do it in fucking paint

What's your favorite kit in your faction?
I personally love the Nob kit. It's so full of character and tons of bits to use for conversions.

Real GK codex when?

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-gaunts-ghosts-the-warmaster-dan-abnett/

Can we get this added to the OP? The book is finally out.

What's your opinion of the Stormboyz kit, user? I just got some for my buddy who loves orks. Never played 40k in my life but I thought this kit looked nice.

When they get included back into the inquisition codex with sisters where they belong

>that picture
I see what you did the...
>.png
You literally had ONE job.

Never. Mine are basically shelved unless they’re addressed in an FAQ or CA.

My faction doesn't have many kits sadly, but the Neophyte kit is great.

A kit with 10 shotguns, 10 autoguns, tons of cool heads, a reasonable amount of heavy weapons.

All in all great. Shotguns though!

I ain't getting another thread deleted m8.

I have no opinion about them because I have never owned one.

But how are they cooked?

Next edition

>just got a mortgage as an Australian meaning there's no way I can ever afford to buy anything new

Is it really that bad over there? Im an american and ive been really considering moving down under.

I love my gunz, but ive been willing to somewhat sacrifice them for a relocation. Nothing in a big city, but some small place on the coast to be a beach bum is my dream.

Shit. Are stormboyz really bad gameplay-wise?

If he's 80 or fewer points he's fine. He isn't the tank-deleting homing missile he was in earlier editions, but he seems reasonably disruptive.

Should be around there, 4 power level is around 80 points, you even have some like the Tallyman who is 62pts and 4 power level.

coward

2 Different Parcels. So someone packaged a Valk, mailed it, and forgot to mark the order as "Complete". Then another guy came in, saw the order, and did the exact same thing again but this time remembered to mark it down as complete.

Presumably the first guy then noticed the 2nd guy's sign-off in the system, thought "Oh shit, we just mailed a guy a double order" and then decided "Meh, its a 150% markup. We still made a profit!" and went about his day.

-AP is going to hurt but then again, it almost feels like exact the same Marbo we used to have in 5th edition. He is more for mindfucking your opponent than actually doing anything useful.

Boil 'em...

Flavor paste #8 of course! Everybody's favourite, and the only one!

Not to be a RAW Faggot, but the 'Lord of the Dark City' means that whenever he suffers a wound, he regains one.

I was building hive guard today and the shields seriously fucked with the posability.

You don't need to give up all your guns (just certainly almost all of them). I live close enough to a rifle range/pistol club that I can hear gun fire every night of the week. Housing affordability is one of the biggest issues here at the moment though. Naturally the further from the city you are the less expensive it is, but you still need to figure out how you're actually going to make a living.

wakaranai
But I can't imagine they'd be all that more efficient than a squad of full boyz.

29 boys with big choppa nob: 187
29 stormboyz with big choppa nob: 247
Are they worth 60 more points? Don't know.

How does amasec taste like?

Mooooooold lines

Depends on the city.
Sydney, Melbourne, Perth it's a bit of a write off.
Adelaide, Brisbane (apparently, but it surprises me), Hobart it's decent.

The median house in Sydney is ducking around $1m dollarydoos, but it's about $450k in Adelaide, last I heard.
I bought a unit right by the beach in Adelaide for $250k, and one of my mates bought a house in a bog standard suburb for the same.

Ork shooting is bad, but so is Ork movement. Take both, and stormboyz or trukkboyz