What are some medieval industries that could remain lucrative in a fantasy setting?

What are some medieval industries that could remain lucrative in a fantasy setting?

Bepends on he settting.

Witch hunting.

Jewelrs, bankers (lead ==> gold aside), blacksmiths, farmers, water dowser (now 1000% improved), priest, painter/sculptor, soldier... pretty much the staples will exist, just be modified by magic

Potion making, because fighters will always need healing potions, magic users will always need mana potions, and everyone should at least carry a bottle or two of antidotes.

they are still lucrative IRL, people love artisanal stuff

Anything involving magic.

Wand making -> Wand Factories
potion making -> pharmacuticals

>in a fantasy setting
Which setting? If you intend to use our ideas in a TRADITIONAL GAME, you must have some general guidelines.

court magician.

Whoring.

Starting an adventurers guild

Enchanted Carriages = Car Manufacturing
Beautification Spells = Cosmetics
Healing Magic = Medical Profession
Druidry = Agriculturalists/Biologists
Scrying = Communications
Combat Mages = Professional Military

"A fantasy setting" implies a generic fantasy setting.

No! We can't worldbuild unless we have literally every detail of the setting already figured out! REEEEEEEEEEEE

There is no such thing.
Quickly, in a "generic fantasy setting", how many people out of a million are mages?
What quantity of matter can the average mage conjure or transmute into consumer goods with a single spell? How many spells can they cast per day? How many *different* spells can they learn before it becomes extraordinary even by mage standards?
Come on, give us the hard numbers. If you deviate by as little as double or half what another user thinks magic in a "generic fantasy setting" is capable of, that could make or break whole industries.
Do you have people who make candles out of whale oil for a living, and other people who collect whale oil to sell to those candle-makers? Or does the village mage simply create a year's supply of candles from thin air with a wave of his hand? What are the rules of magic in a "generic fantasy setting" that we are all supposed to know?

Lord of the Rings?
Excalibur?
Harry Potter?
Warhammer Fantasy?
Pathfinder?

Nobody likes a pedant.

Well, a generic fantasy setting means magic is everywhere and everyone has a big mana pool more or less.

So as mentioned, stuff like enchanting tools, weapons, equipment will never go out of style.

Adventurers might end up coalescing into guilds and then proper mercenary companies like they did IRL.

Soap. The stuff was really popular up until the black death happened and I can imagine it still being pretty desirable in fantasy because magical alternatives are expensive.

The black death wouldn't have been as big an issue with readily available clerics and druids, not to mention actual pied piper bards to lure the rats away.

Herbalism.
Making potions is always lucrative.

You're not wrong, but you sure are irrelevant.
On topic: Nobody likes you.

The black death wouldn't have been as big an issue if hygiene wasn't considered sinful.

Not so much Hygeine as having an effective means of pest control and entomology in general.

Salt harvesting. Stuff is a vital ingredient when it comes to food preservation in an age before refrigeration.

How do you know in a "generic fantasy setting" there isn't a wizard in every village creating salt from thin air at will?
We're waiting for to define his terms, as pointed out there's no clear standard.

Paper and printing naturally

fortune telling and horoscope

Would printing have been invented?

Paper/Parchment manufacture, sure, but would printing be a thing?

Actually, assuming a fair bit of magic, the support industries would be bigger than the medieval equivalent, which only needed to supply monasteries, big merchants and lords.

Greyhawk. Whenever anyone fucking says generic fantasy setting, it's fucking Greyhawk, okay? GREYHAWK! USE GREYHAWK!
There. I fucking solved your "depends on the setting" bullshit. Greyhawk.

All these replies and nobody said brewing? Unless I'm blind.
It doesn't matter the setting: fantasy, post apocalypse, modern, historic, dystopian... everyone wants to get drunk at some point. Being a brewer is a completely time-line proof profession.

Slavery

basically all of them, with minor defections depending on the setting.(example: medics in D&D will just be temple clerics and healing is quick)

i don't get why would something not be lucrative if it's possible to do it with the technology level of your setting.

Actually, nah. From now on unless specified I'm going to treat all non mentoined settings as high magic like harry potter, only without muggles.

Everyone is a wizard.

anywhere from all of them to none of them. If everyone is a magician and can magic clothes out of thin air then that makes a very different scenario from if there is a single mage in every town who can do scrying and thats about it.
It isnt pedantry. If i asked you how useful is cinnamon in your meal then it depends entirely on what youre eating and it can either be vital or completely detrimental to the dish. Context is massively important in almost every question.

Why wouldn't they be lucrative in a fantasy setting?

In that case robe makery, cauldron forging, and confectionery are all lucrative. Me

It wasn't sinful.

There is no setting generic enough to answer OP's question.

Depends on the setting.