>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/Sprut-light-patrol-flyer-Tehnolog-Robogear-Cyberon-Planet/142369203783?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
ebay.de/itm/Hornet-Robogear-flyer-hunter-killer-Model-kit-Tehnolog-1-48-no-packaging/122850244746?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49133&meid=27c8b2293ade42c1a9c9a664c751dffe&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=142369205262&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what do you guys think of these highlights?
any tips?
the goal is to make it look like shiny leather

Repostan from last thread

Happy holidays to everyone here on /wip/ and may your new year be productive

I think they're pretty good, but could use some clean up in some places where it spills over the ridges and onto the flat part. Overall very nice though.

yeah i just took the time to clean up with black

Pieces are slowly coming in for my dude. Any suggestions on the backpack?

EC?
Put speakers on the ends of the far left backpack

Where... where would I get these speakers you.. speak of?

Chaos vehicles have an angry speaker face
They also have little gargoyle faces that could easily look like speakers

Middlesbrough user, I've been ill and haven't posted your SS yet, but will be going out tomorrow, so is likely going to arrive just after Christmas

>tfw I’m in the process of moving to a new house
>tfw it takes for fucking forever
>tfw my minis and paints have been packed up for a month

Kill me

IG voxcasters maybe. or vehicle accessories.

This made me think of the SM masters, the rites, relic and marches guys. Seems GW doesn't sell them anymore, but the Master of Marches had a similar idea behind him.

The metal EC model also had a backpack with a host of speakers that were arranged like pipes on an organ.
>pic related
for inspiration

Kromlech has some rather nice bits for EC though. They are called Bedlam Fraternity brothers there. The backpacks look really good, check them out.

Prepare your soul for snapped minis

what ya got in da manger?
also anyone have ic related? I ordered some a month ago and am hoping they will come in soon, that my Minotaurs will be complete

I think if you're going for a leather look then you want the highlights a bit more pronounced to provide a bit more contrast

There's a grot in the manger, but I also have a picture with a squat in the manger

So I want to paint the WAAAAGH banner with the clan's/tribe's/WAAAAAGH's logo (pic related). What should I use for the actual color of the flag behind the logo? I was thinking maybe black or a dark blue/gray.

>black or a dark gray
sounds like a plan.

I trimmed the crest off of mine, but they work nicely. Depending on the angle, you might need to trim a tiny bit off of the chin to get it to sit flat.

why wouldn't you just use a normal model if you were gonna fuck a $15 one up?

Because I wanna fuck up a 25$ one.

Well yea, why? Just ruin a normal intercestor.

I like the pose.

you can literally make that pose with any other one

Okay but I'm not gonna do that. Why are you harping on this so much?

Are you the user from florida?

i finished that captain. nothing too flash but im glad i can move onto my next project.

I ruin far more expensive stuff
Fuckin' crooked bird eyeball

Guys what should I do with the flames?
I like the way they look right now but I feel like they're too glossy

I'd clean them up a bit. Seems kinda dirty. Like it got blacked by a wash.

They started out as white then I used drakenhof nightshade on them and did a layer of warpstone green on It
What would you suggest for cleaning up?

Either hit the big, open flat areas with white again or warpstone. Leaving only the tiny recesses with the wash.

Did some highlights on tongue-chan, butstill need to figure out what I want to do with that stupid tube. Hazard stripes vs straight black, I honestly can't decide between the two

How would you paint a good oxblood leather color?

base rhinox hide -> shade agrax --> layer doombull --> edge tuskgor fur? doombull makes a great leather.

Awesome, thanks. I mostly have valejo paints so I have to use that nifty chart.
Also why the fuck are the GW skeleton sculpts so much better than the mantic ones? I just got a box of skeles for my KoW army and if they weren't almost twice as pricy, I would use only the GW ones. They come with a good amount of bits, too.

I'd take the opportunity to introduce some colour, probably green. Its a transparent tube.

I love the deathguard in white, your doing good work.

Use far right backpack, any ideas for basing?

I agree with I nice green would really look good there. Something to punctuate.

If I wanted to make robotic replacements for a Hive Tyrants legs, which would be better: tau commander legs, or broadside legs?

How about these?

I tried doing an ethereal model for the first time ever, winged the whole thing and continuing too but here is its wip atm

thinking some nice blue curtains and then just try and fix the shit I've messed up

Ov what is this

I think you need to go brighter, it sort of looks like a jade statue at the moment

Definitely go brighter. I am not a great painter, but a heavy drybrush of a teal color would probably help.

Dragoon legs

Decided to stick with the thunder hammer, definitely a cooler pose, and to whoever suggested making him pointing I think that's definitely a good choice (just need to find a more suitable arm since it's sort of a wierd angle at the moment)

I don't know that either of those would look good unless you greenstuff the shit out of them. Unless you are doing a bio-mechanic hive fleet of some sort.

What's a good color to highlight brass with? Can't find skull crusher brass on the paint app for any of the brass.

Got some Vallejo paint-on primer. Holy shit, this stuff is good.

Trying out a new scheme for my (loyal) renegade dark angels successors, opinions?

Sideways, but looks good so far as I can tell.

Wouldn't those be too long?
To be completely honest, I'm trying to build a robot Tyrant for a Your Dudes GSC out of lots of different bits. Gonna call it MechaNidZilla.

>Wouldn't those be too long?

Well, you can always cut the pistons shorter. I always liked the look of the dragoon and sentinel legs. They look bestial

I thought all the people bitching about not hearing from their user's was a meme. But now that my package has been delivered, I'm worried. I don't want some hoodrat porchthief stealing the gift.

welcome to bedford mate

Update for the closeted Tau user, with Pulse rifle and carbine added to the picture.
That’s all I got though.

loyalist successors are the best. magnus did nothing wrong and the Foundation Marines will preserve knowledge for the inevitable fall of the empire.

now if those fucking wolves would stop raiding our recruiting worlds-

Going for white/green/gold for your scheme?

Yeah thought it'd be a good contrast with the red ocher IG & black Marines.

I've seen many threads on other chans and reddit about joining Veeky Forums secret santa (and few other on Veeky Forums) just to leech some free loot. So maybe you're that unlucky guy.

Unless they used a p/o box that seems a great way to piss of a shitload of bitter autists with nothing but time.

>tfw we are not the deepest cesspit on the internet.

>This is all very ambitious for someone who has never done any type of terrain though...
Nor worries dude, I'm in the same boat.
I like the sound/concept of yours though - sort of like the classis idyllic valley garden scene, but Nurgle.

Looks good to me, user.
The aggressive yellow is a bit strong, and the camo blobs a bit sharp, but all good learning points for future runs, and this time round easily fixed with glazing and drybrushing, I imagine.
Next time maybe dig up some reference pics for camo though, or ask the nutcases on /k/.

>Wait I thought calling it the Citadel Buttplug was derogatory and a way of saying people that buy it are idiots cus they might as well use it as a buttplug instead.
I think this still holds true.
The mini holding mechanism seems clunky and hard to operate with one hand, the grip isn't actually a full palm length long, and the springs are apparently weaker than ideal for regular use.

Still, it is far mroe reasonably priced than anyone would ever have imagined.

I think it could definitely look good. I like the desert camo under the armor. What color were you thinking of for you stealth suits?

Working on freehand designs for my WAAAAGH banner. Pretty satisfied so far, but considering changing the Eyes and Mouth to White, as black doesn't seem to show well.

Any ideas on what parts to source for a small swarm of these?

I was thinking Deffkopta engine, tail and skiffs with a Trukk driver seat, but.. i'd be cutting away like half the model and still have no turbines.

I've got a friend who wants to get into painting, but a very narrow range of stuff - he's interested in the more lewd models. Not obscenely or monstrously so (he's not into Slaanesh), but Reaper is too "generic" for him. Any suggestions on things like Kingdom Death's style that are a little cheaper entry into painting (

Just realized you posted a picture of a stealth suit lel. Oops.

Wargames Exclusive

Ah those are stealth suits user, I just call them assaults suits and paint them the same as the rest of the army since the thought of something that big and bulky is a little silly.
I like to think of them as Wolverines from C&C2.

Early wip of base for my Thanquol&Boneripper. I was going to do just basic static grass and sand-base, but the stone where Ripper stands wont stay flat for some reason. So I decided that hey, it could be a stone from stone thrower or something, and it could be from his own army, and it could have crushed unlucky skaven underneath.

Gonna Vallejo Thick Mud and Pumace it up to look like turned earth around the stone, and do that basic static grass and sand-stuff elswhere.

check ebay for "Tehnolog".

Its a russian company doing lots of 54mm miniatures, but they also have a range of 28mm vehicles and flyers. Cheap as dirt too.

ebay.de/itm/Sprut-light-patrol-flyer-Tehnolog-Robogear-Cyberon-Planet/142369203783?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

ebay.de/itm/Hornet-Robogear-flyer-hunter-killer-Model-kit-Tehnolog-1-48-no-packaging/122850244746?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49133&meid=27c8b2293ade42c1a9c9a664c751dffe&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=142369205262&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

>wearing Crocs, a chastity belt and having an A-shaped torso

Fucken Numarine, I swear.

>botnet breaks legacy captcha
great

I'm just in love with the idea of a successor who is loyal to the Emps original intentions rather than the current imperial sham that exists

I finished another batch of berzerkers. Arseface to the left still bums me out, but i have to move on towards other projects.

The grey on that banner looks pretty sharp edged, although that might just be the picture. Maybe try some glazing, that usually works whenever i paint black cloth.

Shining Gold on the highlights and Mithril Silver for those highlights. Polished brass is basically darker gold.

Why do you do this?

thats his friend's blood

>be strong.. be strong for Magnus

Hey /wip/ is it a good idea to paint my Death Guard in pre-heresy colors or will i get some autismos schreeching at me because of it?

theyre your dudes, paint them how you want

dont let autismos run your life

Dont worry, i wont let them ruin my life, but they might ruin my gaming experience with all that complaining.

yeah I did end up doing that, it was still very much wip and also(you can clearly tell that I figured out how to even do the effect on the horses as they are wonkier and much darker, I highlighted some lighter tones, added curtains and cleaned up some messy lines and I'm a lot more content with round 2. I certainly need to find an extra large base for it though as it doesnt fit on my chariot one.

Fuck user, I have no words. Thank you so much for the sweets and the models. I dont know what half of this are, but they look delicious. Also thanks for the liquor, is going down on Xmas night!
Its been a bit of a rough year for me, but I always found /wip/ to be a relaxing and sometimes funny place. And even if wip is part of Veeky Forums, at least this little corner is full of chill guys. I told some friends that I sent my adress to an anonymous guy on the forchans and they told me I was insane. Truly the best online experience I´ve ever had.
Happy Christmas and Happy 2018 guys.
PD: Thanks again Austria user, you made my holydays much sweeter!

Damn you got yourself some Mozartkugels. Those are my favourite sweets.

JEANSTEALERS!!!

Pretty much finished with this dude, any more ideas?

Im going to get so fat.

some edge highlights wouldnt be a bad idea, but good work!

Just joking, m8. He looks good. Give him some purity seals and tactical pouches/ a sidearm and he'll be fine.

The inner rim of the shoulder pad should be gold, the bolter need some drilling. The paint look thick, specially on the helmet and the arm. Also

Thanks for the feedback, I still need to fix the sword too

Yay, it finally arrived! Just a word of warning, the Swedy sticks contain peanuts, and Mozartkugeln are filled with Marzipan.

Dear wip, I finished a small project for my 2yo nephew.

They were the fastest painted minis in my short career (2 days from cutting the sprue) but I still have to varnish them thoroughly untill christmas eve so I'm done with painting now.

Maybe he will stop to bend my fantasy swordsmen now and hopefully fatty muhreens are bulky enough to not fall apart in his hands.

I wish I had this idea earlier - I would put more effort into painting but in overall I'm happy.

Bunker is magnetized so he can open and store them inside - they will stick.

I probably just took a gateway drug as I want to paint some marines for me as well...

I mean I'm okay with it, but at 2 years, is it really safe for him to play with such small stuff? Wouldn't want him to swallow them.

He has his own tooldbox full of hex keys, furniture screws and wooden planks to screw them in.

His father is repairing their house since 4 years so the kids grows up in a constant construction site.

These guys are going to be one of his safest toys anyway. But I understand the worries, thanks for pointing that out.

>That weirdo childhood
We also give him normal toys like lego and regular toysoldiers. Just saying.

>TFW today is last mail day before 2018.
I'm almost afraid to check my post box for fear of going to Christmas even more bitter than usual

There's still over a week until 2018 user. Where do you live that the post office doesn't deliver anything for over a week?