/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces (No new UA this month)
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Previously, on /5eg/:
Home is where the heart is edition. Where do your characters hang their hats?

Well we've got a guild hall, but rarely does the party ever go there. Too much evil to smite, I guess.

Side question: how many levels should I take in Paladin for my Hexblade/Paladin multiclass? Currently at Lock 6/Pala 1.

Reminder that having fun is a Variant Rule.

What are some good homebrew races/classes?

We had a small guild hall - two floors and a basement. Front room as a small brewery, office and monster organ souvenir shop, the rest - rooms, laboratories, storage and so on. We had three good NPC lads servicing it and occasionally took them on adventures - they all were level 2 martials at that point. There was also a warlock kid we rescued from some fuckery, who lived there with them and had our party's Warlock as foster mother.
That's all before the Old Gods invasion and time shenanigans started. We were in the city half a day walk away at that moment. When we came back, kid was all tentacles and dripping poison, and the lads were splattered in thin layers of viscera over the floors of both stories and the basement as well. We had to kill the kid, which drove the Warlock PC to depression.
I don't think she'll have the best performance in the Underdark, where we are going now to fix all this shit.

Incorrect. Fun will be mandatory from now on. If you wish to complain about the amount of fun you are not having you can submit to the newly formed Fun Agency. Those who are not having their mandatory doses of fun will be summarily executed. No exceptions. Smile. Enjoy your game. Have fun!

Where's a good place to start? I'm about 8 hours from the nearest city, so I'm wondering what there is available online and, if possible, what I should be reading up on before I play?

Additionally, I'm really interested in Monks, specifically the idea of being an 'anti-mage' that abhors magic and seeks to counter it. Is there a specific path to go down in building the character to achieve this?

besides the ones in the sticky...which mostly build on existing classes

>what I should be reading up on before I play?
The players handbook

Ah, sorry mate, I've already read that. I thought that was a given but in hindsight it was dumb of me not to mention it specifically. I've read the Players Handbook, that extended one that goes into detail about shit and a tiny bit of the Unearthed Arcana, but most of it goes over my head.

>Watching random tabletop shit because I am hyper depressed after my 2 year long campaign ended because our DM sperged that we killed his boss too easily (It was literally just a reskinned Eldrich Knight with a few nothing legendary actions/lair actions and no minions)
>Suddenly after a long fight the BBEG shows up and starts At Will Spell-Casting PW:Kills every turn (After of course getting the surprise to PW:Kill our Bard (And being unnoticed at 22 Passive Perception) Apparently had 4 level 9 slots
>3 Casualties, we try and talk it out with the DM afterword and he tells us to fuck off

What is some good 5e related content to watch/listen to while I do other shit. I already finished Critical Role and Adventure Zone.

Speaking of which
>Watching Sagas of Sundry: Madness (A Lovecraft story told using Dread) staring everyones least favorite Critical Role players Marisha and Liam
>In the last episode they are faced with a physical challenge to symbolize them being chased by "The Watcher" through a desert
>They have to push a rack with probably 200lbs of barbells across the room and back in 19seconds
>Liam goes first does it with absolute ease in 10s and almost throws the rack into the wall with the momentum while it takes the black guy 14ish seconds (With the storyteller fucking with him 17s), Marisha does it in 18s and Erika Ishii barely makes it half way since she is like 5ft3 100lbs
>Liam *dagger dagger dagger melodrama melodrama melodrama* O' Brien is actually kinda strong.

The most hilarious part to me (Big spoilers) is that he has the chance at the end to save everyone by making a heroic sacrifice at the end but instead opts to try and make a pull, fails, and dooms everyone but one person to the realm of Cthulhu for all eternity

Sorry for rambling I needed to vent

Also Sagas of Sundry is deff worth a watch (Im sure torrents exist or alpha offers a free month). I wouldn't pay for it but it was fun

Holy fuck is Saga's of Sundry awesome.

What do you think is the best "shadow priest" analogue in 5e?
I'm talking about WoW.

Was thinking maybe sort of GOOlock or knowledge cleric.
Any good ways to multiclass the two?

>Home is where the heart is edition. Where do your characters hang their hats?
They've got a fairy tale style guild hall but they don't end up spending tons of time there.

>Not just counterspelling every power word: kill
>Not having someone just revivify you when you die which means they have to power word kill more often than you can cast a level 3 spell, provided power word kill even gets through counterspell in the first place
>Not fucking up boss so hard the DM just has to admit they're an idiot and has to rocks fall, everybody dies

Warlock of the Undying, Grave Cleric, and Death Cleric are also options.

>shit DM antics
I honestly don't understand why DMs ever feel like they need to get attached to the bad guy.
Seriously. It's one thing if a player is intentionally fucking up your story by doing random shit that makes no sense, but if you're telling a story about heroes (the PCs) there should be challenges that they should hopefully be able to overcome if they're playing smart.

I DM a lot of games and not once have I been upset when my bad guy dies. He's SUPPOSED to die if it's a combat encounter. And if he was supposed to get away, I fucked up if I gave them a reasonable chance to fuck him up before he can.
Now, as a caveat, I've had players absolutely despise a big bad that was constantly appearing and blasting off to fuck with them more at a later date. So they put all their effort into thwarting his escape and they succeeded. But that was a FANTASTIC moment because they had to play it smart, they took a major risk in doing so, and it was a great moment of role play that made sense with how much they despised him. Did it shake up the events of future sessions I had planned? Yes. But this is why outlines beat specifics errytime when it comes to planning campaigns.

I guess I'm leaning warlock because of the new maddening hex invocation. I really like it. It feels like a nice proper mind blast.

Also the dominate person/monster is a good equivalent to mind control. Being able to detect thoughts is also fucking dope.
The only thing I miss out on really is being able to heal really... Which is why I thought maybe a level or two into cleric would be cool as well as help out the priest theme.
Knowledge has the at-will detect thoughts and mind-control of suggestion. But it's not nearly as powerful as domination.

As for you suggestions I can appreciate the undying/grave/death theme but I think I'm leaning more towards a madness of elder gods theme as opposed to ghostly.

Another thought is maybe the shadow sorcerer... The shadow form is pretty compelling.

Warlock is your best bet if you don't want any healing, cleric if you want healing abilities. Sorcerer is just a plain arcane-ish blaster up.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe I'd like just a liiittle bit of healing.
Would a knowledge cleric dip of 2 be worth it?
I can't think of any reason to really take the capstone of warlock assuming the campaign or character makes it that far. And warlock's premier ability is eldritch blast + hex spam so it's not like combat ability will be stunted by the 2 level delay.

Celestial warlock covers healing ability and to an extent the 'priest' part of things.

As a new DM, I allowed a player to play a shapeshifter bard. Now he is going to the bad guys's faction and killing everyone by pretending to be a commander/important figure and ordering some random goons by using suggestion/other bard spells to do the dirty work. Now he is dominating the game and I feel that the other two players are being left out. I fear what he would be capable of later on in the game. What should I do?

That's true, but its flavor is pretty "Good aligned." And I really like the ability to dominate person. Although, I suppose all warlocks get dominate monster eventually. But that's practically years away.
I kind of envision knowledge flows well with cultist/forbidden teachings vibe. And healing word can be a word of power just like any other word. It's a bonus action and probably the best healing spell to have desu since 5e has no negative hp.

Sorry if it seems like I'm blasting back against your suggestions. I do appreciate them.

A fallen aasimar could provide me some additional healing, yeah? Might push myself past my edge limit though if I go with that.

Someone very sly and cunning figures out what Mr Bard is doing and begins working to kill him.

Mr Bard has to remain undercover while the person hunting him does not which puts the bard at a disadvantage. Then just keep ramping up the pressure til the Bard turns tail and runs or gets killed.

We roll behind a screen for a reason, my dude.
>they pass the save
Why not use this as a plotpoint and stir up some major fucking trouble for him? He's assumed a leadership role as a bad guy? Maybe some good guys show up and when he says he was just pretending they don't believe him. Also remember that charm person isn't mind control. Could also easily shutdown his impostering by introducing a figure that's supposed to be familiar with his assumed persona.
As for your other players, introduce some stuff for them to get involved in. You didn't tell us anything about them so it's hard to help you out there, really.

Don't let him do it then. Make it apparent (or not so apparent) that people have taken notice and are putting security countermeasures in place. Passwords, physical forms of ID, something. Or, let him get caught and gently encourage the other party members save his ass. They get the spotlight for a while and some neat loot to boot, and the bard feels less invincible.

It's a fantasy world. If some organisation doesn't have ways to counteract such low level magic then the organisation shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Your problem is that while an experienced DM knows how to deal with this sort of shit, you've got a player taking advantage of your inexperience and you even just let them play whatever the heck.

He is extra smart about it, and always use charm person/suggestion to ask for information and worded everything like a lawyer. Should I just use the Dm screen then? Perhaps there is some other way to do this?

My other players are an incredibly shy girl and a guy who still didn't know the rules after 5 sessions. I want to engage them so that they can actually play the game proper, but the bard being the only engaged player it is hard to make them do any significant contribution to the party's progress.

The context of the campaign goes like this: The party is hired by a Halfling lord to be his sleeper agents in Orcland, a desert. So the bard went into the base camp, using alter self and a disguise kit to look like an orc and blend into the army camp. And then, he stalked the commander to be able to pretend to be him, and then altered himself again to be like the commander. When the real commander comes in, he uses suggestion to make an orc attack the real commander, and uses deception to make everybody else attack the commander. The commander made some real shitty rolls and Cutting words made it worse. So the commander just died and the two players that were suposed to be with him became prisoners for the orcs without anyone to save them. He then proceeds to walk his way into the HQ and deceptioned his way to the spymaster, who I made up on the spot to fuck with him. What should the spymaster do, and what should I do?

Spymaster sounds like the perfect type of guy who would be great at seeing through disguises, so you've set yourself up for success here.
Maybe he notices immediately if you want to be lazy about it. Maybe the PC says something weird that gets the spymaster's attention. The spymaster can keep him there longer and test him by having a drink or tea together or something. Make it seem normal, but have it be something that would be out of character for the guy the PC is imitating. Alter Self only lasts for an hour, if you can keep the PC there for an hour he'll be busted for sure. Maybe one of the dyes in the disguise kit has a recognizable scent. Maybe the spymaster is so insanely paranoid he casts Detect Magic, Truesight, or Identify every time he has an important conversation. You got options.

>make a druken monk character
>reads way of the drunken master
>don't like it
>thinking of going open hand

Is it right to put taste over characterization?

>And then, he stalked the commander to be able to pretend to be him, and then altered himself again to be like the commander.
Well, someone who knows the commander very well might catch on eventually, but they're set up fairly well.
>he uses suggestion to make an orc attack the real commander
That's not how you use suggestion. You cannot use suggestion to do such outright dangerous things such as 'Attack your leader!'. It has to be reasonable, and that action is either directly or indirectly harmful and you can shut that down. There are some ways they might have worded it that would help with killing the orc leader that might have been possible, though. Suggestion is really only like a really good persuasion check.
Deception also wouldn't really be possible unless they hung around for a bit to get to know the camp and how to manipulate these orcs in particular into turning on the leader. Cutting words can only be used on rolls, and you don't roll for shit like 'leader telling everyone to stop being a faggot' because that's not going to fail.

... But providing they put in the appropriate effort, yes, it's fine that they can get in and assassinate the orc leader, killing a single enemy isn't something you're not expected to be able to do.

Spymaster should probably ask for a routine password or something fairly easy and boring, but if things get suspicious can pull out detect magic, alter self is concentration after all.

Hey /5eg/, about to make a tempest cleric, starting at level 3. We get a free feat at lvl 1, so I'm playing around with a couple options. Mind helping me make an informed decision?

Mountain Dwarf
>16 str
>10 dex
>16 con
>10 int
>16 wis
>8 cha
>Observant Feat. We're starting as bounty hunters, so +5 to passive perception and investigation would be pretty handy.

Hill Dwarf
>14 str
>10 dex
>16 con
>10 int
>16 wis
>8 cha
>War Caster feat. You fucking know why.

Obviously war caster is superior, but how important is 16 str vs 14 str for a cleric?

forgot pic :D

It's only right that you have fun.

I think a lot of that stuff reeks of desperation on the DM's part with stuff like 'smelt your disguise kit' or 'casts detect magic constantly'.
It should come off as natural, something like there being an item in the spymaster's tent like a windchime that chimes in the presence of magic, and again the bard is concentrating on a spell. It won't be a flat-out giveaway, it'll be a challenge the bard has to overcome as the spymaster asks 'Have you been around magic lately?'
You're not here to say 'no, fuck you, you fail' but instead present challenges like the above that they have to solve or get fucked over with.
The spymaster shouldn't have any specific anti-magic charm either if it's not appropriate, but rather you can have it so they ready an action to cover their ears and shut their eyes if the chime goes off even louder because they try to use suggestion aga-
Wait a fucking moment
You can't have alter self AND suggestion on at the same time since they're both concentration, right? Or is this some shapeshifter shit?

Do you guys change the DC of a save if your players are getting really fucked up?

You don't need strength at all. You aren't slowed by heavy armour.
You won't even need to use strength weapons at all, rather you'd be better off putting that strength into dexterity instead. Go hill dwarf.

>warcaster feat
Sounds unnecessary to me. You don't have booming blade, I suppose concentration checks makes sense but you should be fairly tough to hit anyway with 20 odd AC and the last part of warcaster is mostly entirely redundant.

Am I wrong in thinking that advantage on concentration saves is huge? It'd be a huge bummer if I failed a DC10 con save and spirit guardians drops.

It's pretty good but not necessary, especially if you've got a boost to saves anyway such as from bless. You could probably be dodging with sacred guardians anyway so you're particularly hard to hit.
Also I forgot that you could still use warcaster's reaction for some pretty neat shit which goes well with taking the dodge action at the front lines.

So yeah, considering you don't need wisdom really badly or anything as a cleric, getting warcaster is still a very good choice.

He used his disguise kit in case he needs to do suggestion.

Hey, we're starting with a free feat. I'm aware that as a dwarf I'm not slowed by not meeting the str requirement of heavy armor. I'm just sad that I'm gonna be looking at that +4 to hit on my warhammer instead of +5.

Sorry, its late. I meant to say I'm starting with that feat and I'll be going 18 wis with my ASI at level 4.

>Having fun and using a warhammer
It's not really any better than toll the dead and lacks ranged potential, level 5-7 even sacred flame is better, level 8-10 I guess warhammer is slightly better but level 11+ sacred flame is better again.

But 'no fun allowed' aside, hill dwarf is the optimized option and mountain dwarf is just for if you think that'll be more fun, I guess.

You're not wrong, but my DM is kind of a nigger.
>hurr necrotic damage is so evil if you use inflict wounds or toll the dead you'll lose your gods favor

Warlock is really good. And if you just want a little healing you could go with Paladin. Lay on Hands is one of the best abilities in the game if you want to get people back on their feet from 0hp. And you can pick up Smite for your hammering faces. But if you want big healing, Cleric is probably your best bet.

>Cleric is probably your best bet.
druid
circle of the shpeherd
healing spirit
>2nd level spell slot
>heal 10d6 to every player over 10 rounds
>heal (druid level) x (party size) x every round

Hey, I was planning on running Forge of Fury from TotyP for a group of 5 players, most of them are heavy roleplayers used to other systems and one of them is brand new to D&D. I'd like for the whole ordeal to not be too lethal, I was reading that some of the encounters, the Roper,
Dragon and one of the Traps. can be particularly lethal and easily kill players straight up or over the course of a few turns.
Should I make adjustments or just assume that most of these reviews talking about the difficulty are from the perspective of a group of 4 and 5 should have no problem?

>fairy tale style guild hall
Please user don't remind me of my first character. Choose Wot4E monk and made him dumb and loved a fight who liked fire spells. I made fucking Natsu without all the good bits and bullshit power spikes without realizing it till someone I play with pointed it out.
I ran with it and even did his voice the entire campaign.

Depends, did I set up the encounter or whatever and fuck up when making it and it's way harder than it should have been? Then yes, is it just bad rolls, poor decisions or not anything I fucked up on my end? No that's just the way the game goes sometimes.

I played a character like that, my dm basically just changed some spells and abilities to make it fit. There's a feat that let's you react to enemies using magic, other than that it's mostly fluff desu

Why would I be ready for a bbeg fight after a 5 encounter adventuring day while we are just traveling roads?

We tried to counterspell but we lost the rolls on them (we only had one e 9th level caster)

>5 encounter day on roads
>On fucking roads
>Not just leomund's tiny huttinig at every opportunity and sleeping because 'well, why shouldn't we?' unless there's some specific time limiter

Yeah they kinda fucked up the drunken master subclass. Imo it should've been a defensive oriented "dodge tank" subclass but they made it into this strange hyper mobile offense thing. The only ability I really like that they managed to somewhat fix was using your reaction to make their attack hit someone else. This is perfect because it encourages dodging and making it cost ki instead of once per short rest is a good move. Although, I would prefer if it costed no ki and was just a reaction.

My other suggestions would have been to include an ability similar to the swashbuckler that causes enemies to focus you. Like a performance vs enemy insight to see if they can tell you're not as incompetent of a fighter as you're trying to appear to be. If they fail they're compelled to attack you over others.

Sounds like you want to be a dwarf. But consider playing a wood elf tempest cleric archer.

The bonus damage to your shot later will help make up for having less attacks. And with a free feat you could take sharpshooter. A 1 or two level dip into fighter would also help you with shooting and give you action surge if 2.

Being able to knock enemies back as a reaction with lightning helps keep yourself away and discourage melee attackers. And also eventually you may be able to fucking fly.

Still, dwarven clerics are cool too.

Well seems like you've already made your ruling on it. But I almost never let suggestion be used as mind control to attack an ally. It seems outside the scope of the spell and something more like what dominate person is supposed to be for.

Suggestion has two major caveats:
>it has to sound reasonable to the target
>it can't be obviously harmful to the target

Imo telling you to attack your friends isn't super reasonable and if there's an expectation they're going to hit you back, sounds like harm will come their way.
It's only a second level spell, after all.

Sounds like fun

I'm thinking about making a plague doctor character. What do?

The spell literally lists forcing a cavalier to truck off in the middle of nowhere and handing his 1000 gp warhorse to the first peasant he finds as a reasonable suggestion. By default the "reasonable" suggestion is pretty loose and only seems to be a way to prevent it from being a power word kill yourself.

Arcane trickster.
Wait wait here me out.

You know how to sneak attack due to your familiarity with anatomy.
You know charms and such to help keep patients calm. I'd probably downplay illusions.
Take healer's feat and stock up on healing kits.
And finally, take a lot of necromancy spells outside of your charms.

Alternatively, fuck I dunno. Maybe a necromancer wizard or a death/grave cleric. Probably grave cleric.

The first thing it says is it musts be delivered in a way that sounds reasonable.
Therefor I don't see telling a guard to give over his warhorse to a beggar as reasonable unless you word it as such. And I think the intention is for you to be clever and creative with it. Not say "lol give me all your gold.. " "durrr... okay."

For a guard to be suggested into giving up his horse. I'd like the player to suggest that walking is healthier and giving to charity is a good thing.

Thanks! I was originally thinking about having him be a type of cleric or something with no idea what he was doing, but had high charisma and could bullshit the hell out of people and make them believe he did know what he was doing.

>Your commander is a clear traitor to the legion. He's squandered countless resources achieving nothing! Only his death can wash away the shame he's brought to your banner!

Done.

>When you drop to 0 hitpoints, you die outright, or fall unconscious...
What happens to a creature that reaches 0 hitpoints, does NOT die outright, and is immune to the unconscious condition?
There are no rules.

The great thing about rogue is you can have expertise in a a charisma skill and do well without even having to invest too much in charisma.
Take friends for extra fun.

I guess it's circumstantial and we won't agree unless we know the exact facts of the session.

Now I didn't say I'd never let it be used for such a purpose. But in most cases it would fail.
For example, if all those things were clearly untrue, then he'd tell you to fuck off. If they were true, then it might work.

>Friends
Is there a shittier spell short of Druidcraft?

Immune to the unconscious condition?
Have an example?

My DM makes them shit themselves and remain concious but paraletic, lying in their own filth.

They'd keep fighting but still have to make death saves and take failures when they take damage.

An elemental is immune to unconscious, for example. Consider an elemental NPC.
A vampire goes mist instead of unconscious.

Shiggy diggy my niggy

Friends is godtier if you're a warlock with unlimited disguise self.
It's also fine if you need to use it on someone that can't really do anything about it.
And if the DM so chooses to turn a lowly guard into a quest for vengeance over you telling the bar tender to spot you a beer that could be interesting.

As a DM I enjoy players using it because it means I can do fun stuff later or in the moment if it fits. I never usually turn it into something ridiculous unless using it causes something equally ridiculous to occur.

>Warlock
When will this meme class end?

Well I think they imagine that most NPCs die outright. If they don't you give them saving throws like a player.

Most elementals when they die, they either fall to the ground in a pile of rocks as an earth elemental or an air elemental might vanish into wisps of wind.
Because elementals are usually raw elemental energy it's a bit hard to imagine what an unconscious one would be like. So maybe a fire elemental is reduced to the smallest flame, etc. Perhaps when they're "dying" but not dead you have them appear as minuscule versions of themselves.

The vampire one is clearly defined as to what happens to it.

It's fine if you get creative with it. It's basically the martial of casters. Boring as fuck if you do the most "optimal" thing every round. But rich in flavor and has a lot of potential if you pick interesting invocations.

For example. Unlimited disguise self is grounds for a fuck ton of shenanigans.

The vampire one still raises a question.
Does the vampire making Death Saving Throws?
Is the vampire considered stable at all times?
What exactly happens when a Vampire at 0 hitpoints takes damage?
Does it fail a death saving throw? Does it go unstable and dying, as if unconscious, which it isn't?
The Misty Escape does not state anything about damaging the vampire at 0hp.

How would I make a witch doctor? I think a Warlock would be a good match, maybe a fey past to represent the Loa?

>Does the vampire making Death Saving Throws?
No. It's in a mist form. It isn't destroyed unless it meets the conditions of being in sunlight or running water or it can't reach its resting place in 2 hours.
It's basically a way for it to escape death. Don't think of it in player terms. Specific beats general.

As it lists only 3 ways for it to be destroyed while in the mist form, it's safe to assume that it is not destroyed by any other means. Meaning, no it won't take damage from a regular attack.

Should I give my players a home base/headquarters to begin with or should I wait until later in the campaign to give them one?

Then what would be the point of even using the spell? If everything you tell him has to be true and the situation has to be so specific, then what's the point of using magic? Just make a persuasion roll at that point.

The mist form already makes the vampire immune to nonmagical damage, except sunlight.
Wouldn't Misty Escape specify that the vampire is immune to all damage in this case, if it was designed to be so?
Wouldn't Misty Escape specify that only these methods kill the vampire in this state?

Currently you can damage a vampire in Misty Escape, and it yields no results, other than having a shot at causing Instant Death by Massive Damage.

why would you give them an HQ?

fucking moronic

Because even if your boss is a murderous lech that needs to be put down, you might not be needed to be persuaded of that. You already know it. But you won't do anything about it unless magically compelled.

Same reason you're not going to give up your horse. We already know walking is better exercise and charity is generally good. But persuading someone to give up their expensive warhorse that's been with them for years is going to be nearly impossible.
It's basically a fast tracked persuasion and if they fail they do it so long as there's reason to your words.

By all means, if you want to run it much more powerfully, be my guest. It's still incredibly strong without using it to tell people to off their friends. It can also be used as a way to fix a botched persuasion roll. And one of the classic examples is taking someone out of the fight.

>fighting is hard and tiresome, you should take a rest

>thread question
>so many adventurer guilds

In my current small game my druid has a secluded grotto covered by several adjacent casts of the Druid Grove spell in xanathars. The other player is the right hand man of the queen and protector of the royal family of one of the larger kingdoms of the world. Usually either of those two places are good to take a break.

Sure, massive damage is perhaps an exception and an edge case and you're free to run it that way.
Because it is not unconscious it doesn't need to make death saves and there's no negative hp in 5e.
Again specific beats general and this says "when at 0 hp it transforms unless not able to do so."

It doesn't need to specify it's immune to all damage when it is effectively so. Is it? No. But the assumption is that it won't matter. If your players are able to deal 144+ damage to it in its mist form from one attack that is also magical damage, then sure. It's destroyed. But typically the idea is to either kill it while it's in sunlight, while you're holding it under a waterfall, or find its resting place before confronting it and be ready to kill it when it reforms with a stake to the heart.

have you talked to him about it?

alternatively go
>"OK you go into the enemy camp, we'll get to that later"
>rollplay for 2 hours with the other two
>"ah OK the camp, you successfully infiltrate and kill everyone, what do you do now?"
>"what do you mean you wanted to roll? no the plan worked it took all day but I don't see any reason to play it all out kill by kill."

then give the two more XP for RP than he gets for the extermination.

All adventurers need a sponsor. A patrician who funds their many adventures.

One of my games I run has the adventurer guild. The other, the party is all a crew aboard their own ship. Both are fun and have their merits.

Once the game with the adventurer's guild is done. I'm hoping they decide to make new characters that are already better connected and we can have a more focused campaign.

I have two questions about the game
First, the heavy crossbow needs to be "reloaded". That means it takes one turn to reload it and another one to shoot it?
Second, I still dont understand how the tests against death work. You need to roll all of them once or once per round in your turn? When the battle is over and the fallen PC still hasnt finished his rolls, does he need to roll until he survives or can someone go heal him or stabilize him?

What's the best class for a dual-wield melee dood?

A weapon with the loading property can only be used to attack once with an action, reaction or bonus action, that's what's representing the reloading.
When you're unstable and dying, you roll a Death Saving Throw (just one), at the start of your turn. You can be stabilized with a Medicine check, at which point you no longer roll these.
If the combat is over, and someone is still dying, the DM should probably still follow initiative, because the threat of dying is still present. Someone might be able to reach the character in time to save them.

I like the Demolitionist, Demon hunter, Juggernaught, and Vampire homebrew classes. Though I personally beleive vampires should be more of a subrace.

Where are these found?

Can I get the basic gestalt of what bonus actions are available to fighters? Not counting martial archetypes

For two people playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen, should we start at 2 or 3?

Recalling your bond weapon once and never using it again in the fight.

Battle master fighter.
You'll actually be able to add your mod to the extra attack and more hits is better for battle master because it gives you more opportunities to use your maneuvers.

I thought you can always add modifier to extra attack.